Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[FPL] - Rate My Team Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,769 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Panthro wrote: »
    6774380020_248b01dd0c.jpg

Changes to this team just made include Valencia and Sturridge out, Adam and Graham brought in.
    Benching Evans, Jose and McClean this week I'm thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Can anyone find any solid info on Bale? Thinking of swapping him out for Dempsey if he looks like he'll miss a few weeks... I've Valencia out and Kelly already a doubt, don't want to have an unusable subs bench. Bale's currently at 9.7 and I can sell him for 9.3, if he's out for 2+ weeks I'd expect his value to drop by 0.2 next week, so I don't think I'll lose much on the gamble.

aeack9.jpg

Fulham have an easier run of fixtures over the next few weeks, especially this weekend at home to Wolves. Spurs have United, Everton (A) Stoke and Chelsea (A) over there next 4 games - I'll prob drop BAE next week. Spurs have been awesome all year but if they lose Bale and Redknapp takes the England job then I can see their form dropping, as already shown last week against Arsenal.

Nani is also an option but I wan't to hold on to Valencia and not sure if Nani will even get a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

roryc wrote: »
    Nani is also an option but I wan't to hold on to Valencia and not sure if Nani will even get a game.

When Nani, Young, and Valenica are all fully fit, Nani is #1 choice. Valencia was only in because Young was injured, and his blistering form over Xmas/New Year will only keep him in the team for so long.

Injuries always mess these decisions up, but if you're suspecting all of them to be fit, and want the most likely "sure thing", it's Nani.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

carlcon wrote: »
    roryc wrote: »

When Nani, Young, and Valenica are all fully fit, Nani is #1 choice. Valencia was only in because Young was injured, and his blistering form over Xmas/New Year will only keep him in the team for so long.

Injuries always mess these decisions up, but if you're suspecting all of them to be fit, and want the most likely "sure thing", it's Nani.

I've got a feeling Nani on the left and Val on the right will be the most likely going forward. Val has been too good, and Young, while good at times, has been far too inconsistent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

manual_man wrote: »
    I've got a feeling Nani on the left and Val on the right will be the most likely going forward. Val has been too good, and Young, while good at times, has been far too inconsistent

While I agree with that and would play that way too, I don't think Fergie will do that. I think they'll all suffer from rotation at some point, but my money is on Valencia coming out worst.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Opinions of my team/Squad?

rsz_1tot_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Not sold on Al-Habsi, would prob upgrade to a Stoke keeper there if possible, or else Schwarzer

Defence is grand, just unfortunate this week sees Unitedp lay Spurs, don't think either team will keep a CS, I'm starting with BAE and Phil Jones on my bench for this reason

Fancy Siggurdsson to pick up decent points this weekend

Your strikeforce is delightful

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭G1032

A couple of you with screenshots above have both Bale and McClean.
    I have both aswell and have just taken a 4 point hit to bring in Silva and get rid of Sess.
    Don't know now whether to start Bale or McClean this week?? everyone seems to be starting Bale ahead of him.
    Would it be stupid starting McClean ahead of Bale?

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Not sold on Al-Habsi, would prob upgrade to a Stoke keeper there if possible, or else Schwarzer

Defence is grand, just unfortunate this week sees Unitedp lay Spurs, don't think either team will keep a CS, I'm starting with BAE and Phil Jones on my bench for this reason

Fancy Siggurdsson to pick up decent points this weekend

Your strikeforce is delightful

The keeper situation is a bit up in the air at present at stoke

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

That's a great squad you got there shadowcomplex. You must have a very high team value to be able to fit all those guys in.

• Advertisement

G1032 wrote: »
    I have both aswell and have just taken a 4 point hit to bring in Silva and get rid of Sess.
    Don't know now whether to start Bale or McClean this week?? everyone seems to be starting Bale ahead of him.

Much of a muchness imo, both are just as likely not to score anything this weekend

This is how I'm lining up this weekend

Screenshot2012-03-02at12700PM.png

Worried

Gambling big on Newc, but think I'm spot on leaving United and Spurs defenders on the bench this week

S.M.B. wrote: »
    That's a great squad you got there shadowcomplex. You must have a very high team value to be able to fit all those guys in.

yea its 110.1m with 0.1m in the bank

Much of a muchness imo, both are just as likely not to score anything this weekend
    True. Got caught badly when McLean got a large haul a few weeks ago. Don't want the same to happen again but most will go for Bale which would leave me fooked if he does score....

Opinions of my team/Squad?

Looks very good. How many points have you?

This is how I'm lining up this weekend

Worried

Gambling big on Newc, but think I'm spot on leaving United and Spurs defenders on the bench this week
    Newcastle very Sunderland could be a real goal feast too. Wouldn't be too keen on Simpson in there but I have him too so fingers crossed

Newcastle very Sunderland could be a real goal feast too. Wouldn't be too keen on Simpson in there but I have him too so fingers crossed

You're actually right, I'd rather spread the risk around a bit, so I've put Simpson on the bench and put Jones in instead

Means I'm not putting all my defensive eggs in the Newcastle basket

I'd stick with how you had it. Or even do Mignolet and Simpson ahead of Krul and Evans.

I'd say the latter combination is most likely to deliver the least points.

Why would you favour Mig over Krul?

Sunderland were poison in their last game

Why would you favour Mig over Krul?

Sunderland were poison in their last game
    I wouldn't but if you want to spread your risk I'd go with Mignolet and Simpson ahead of Krul and Jones. I just think United are going to concede at least one.

Like I said, I'd go with your original instincts.

• Advertisement

Looks very good. How many points have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

zerks wrote: »
    Potential team for this weekend.

SORENSEN

ENRIQUE
    SENDEROS---LESCOTT

SESS----SILVA vc
    BALE---McCLEAN

BA
    RVP
    AGUERO cpt.

SUBS: VORM,SIGURDSSON,CAULKER,EVANS

I swapped out BAE for Lescott and I'm keeping funds for the possible reintroduction of Valencia next week.

Keeping my team as is this weekend after looking at it a dozen times,heading out now so it may do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

In preparation for the double GW, and with a lot of injuries/players not getting gametime I'm pretty sure I'm finally going to use the Wildcard this week. Looking at possibly:

wrmget.jpg

Sorenson -> Begovich/Mignolet
    BAE -> Skrtel
    Sessegnon -> McClean
    Aguero -> Rooney
    Valencia -> Valencia (hopefully cheaper!)

Ba -> Suarez?

None of the main keepers have an easy fixture next week, so Im thinking there's not much between Begovich and Mignolet.

Vorm - Man City (H)
    Krul - Arsenal (A)
    Mignolet - Liverpool (H)
    Begovich - Chelsea (A)

Getting rid of Assou-Ekotto, Spurs have a tough run of fixtures and want to get in a 'Pool defender. If I can afford Skrtel he's in, otherwise Enrique will go in.

Then up in attack, Aguero is gone with Rooney taking his place. Can't have an 11m+ striker being benched when fit. Thinking of possibly gambling and getting rid of Ba for Suarez ;)

First things first, Valencia might go down again tonight so think once I make up my mind to use the WC he'll go tonight. Hopefully he'll drop 0.1 or 0.2 this week and I can buy him back at the end of the week at a cheaper price, just before Fergie announces he'll start him :)

Think I'll wait until after tomorrows games to see how Sess and Ba perform before making a decision on them, I'll lose too much on either to be able to justify buying them back.

Team in need of some major surgery! Starting with Richards, Aguero out, Rooney and A.N. other in. Disaster of a week i might only get 7-8 players on the pitch!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Beautiful week. Might play my WC this week. Not sure yet. I'm heading off all week though so I'd have to play it tonight or tomorrow. I'll wait and see. Hard to say if the DW will make any difference

Ok guys i need some help. The last four weeks have been an unmitigated disaster. Captain choice wrong every week, subs outscoring on field players, i feel like Murphy himself has made me his private joke. Anyway, i've gone from first in two of my money leagues to second and third. I'm attempting to reshuffle my pack. Any advice would be appreciated. So far today i made two transfers

Richards OUT Enrique IN
    Moses OUT Surman IN

I'll be doing Aguero OUT Rooney IN, as soon as i know Rooney is ok fitness wise. I know i'm taking points hits, but i'm losing ground fast on my rivals, and drastic action is needed. I hope not to use more than my one free transfer from next week on

This is how my team will look after the Rooney transfer

capture_09-1.jpg

Any ideas to help my team would be appreciated, coz i've made a real balls of it lately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Manual Man your Gks are bad choices IMO . 2 bottoms teams in the league very rarely ever keep clean sheets .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

And Suarez is a FF poison.

Manual Man your Gks are bad choices IMO . 2 bottoms teams in the league very rarely ever keep clean sheets .

I realize that. I think I'll get Mignolet soon. Or maybe Begovic...

• Advertisement

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    And Suarez is a FF poison.

I want to keep Suarez. very unlucky not to get a couple today. + great fixtures for Liverpool

Advertisement