Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[FPL] - Rate My Team Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Only have one transfer this week. My Suarez transfer has been a bit of a disaster this week so I'm getting rid.

Thinking Yakubu in instead this week. Then next week I'll get Young in for Ireland.

Is there anyone else I should consider instead of the Yak? Pogrebnyak possibly?

KF8vu.png

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

I'd def get some Fulham attacking coverage in there, either Pog or Dempsey

if only for their sparkling home form

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Shorty69664

OK, the time has come to play my wilcard as I've been going backwards for a while.

I'm thinking of going to this:
    Vorm, Schwarzer,
    Simpson, Shawcross, Skrtel, Evans J, Caulker
    Young, Morrison, Dempsey, Moses , Silva/Walcott
    Rooney, Yakubu, Van Persie

I'm carrying over Vorm, Simpson, Caulker, Moses, Silva and Van Persie (in bold) from my old team although I may yet ditch Silva and go for Walcott.

With only 8 games left am I missing anybody, would you change anybody?? All advice accepted

No funds left over after these changes...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Rooney, Dempsey and Evans should all stay mate...

Ditching Silva for Walcott could be good, I already have Walcott but am debating whether Silvas time is up yet.

Silva to a United mid would be a great move this week imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I'm seriously considering doubling up on United's defence. Evra and Evans to be exact. Not keen on United winger... they could be rotated. Sorry... the will be rotated eventually.

Am I mad or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

FatRat wrote: »
    I'm seriously considering doubling up on United's defence. Evra and Evans to be exact. Not keen on United winger... they could be rotated. Sorry... the will be rotated eventually.

Am I mad or what?

Evra is a nailed on starter but I think he's a bit expensive. I think De Gea might be better choice. He seems to be pulling off some great saves too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

My plan is to ditch Evans and go for De Gea. Can't really see Evans scoring or getting bonus points. De Gea has less chance of getting a yellow card and being injured and extra points from saves. He also looks a nailed on starter now. Granted Evans does too but will it continue till the end of the season. I'd get in the cheapest 2nd keeper possible and never play him.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Team.jpg

This is my team at present. Sitting top of my money league and with a lead of 80 points. 1 free transfer this week and I'm thinking getting rid of Walters is probably my most pressing concern. Is Sigurdsson a worthwhile option or is it worth going for something else entirely? I've 0.4 mil in the bank.

Yep, Walters to Sig seems the best bet. Good team mate, can't see you losing an 80 point league with it. Just don't need to take any crazy risks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭smokingman

Doing my wildcard next gameweek and this is what I'm aiming for - whatcha think lads? I'm looking at the run in for different teams and while my team all year has had more diversity than this one, I think I can get away with saving two transfers pretty easy if I need to perform surgery.

FFTeam.jpg

smokingman wrote: »
    Doing my wildcard next gameweek and this is what I'm aiming for - whatcha think lads? I'm looking at the run in for different teams and while my team all year has had more diversity than this one, I think I can get away with saving two transfers pretty easy if I need to perform surgery.

Would you consider dropping Song for Sigurdsson and upgrading N'Gog to Yakubu?

I can't see N'Gog doing anything at all. Song is good for an odd assist but imo you'd be better off with Sigurdsson. If you want to stick with an Arsenal player then I think Rosicky or Oxtail soup would be the better options.

I presume you are probably going to start DDG every game from now on in. If not then I'd upgrade Bogdan to Begovic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

smokingman wrote: »

FFTeam.jpg

Not a bad team, but don't think Ngog up top will do much for ya-
    I'd rather do Skrtel to Shotton, then Ngog to maybe the Yak-
    Like the option of Gerrard flirting with it as a major differential

Would you consider dropping Song for Sigurdsson and upgrading N'Gog to Yakubu?

I can't see N'Gog doing anything at all. Song is good for an odd assist but imo you'd be better off with Sigurdsson. If you want to stick with an Arsenal player then I think Rosicky or Oxtail soup would be the better options.

I presume you are probably going to start DDG every game from now on in. If not then I'd upgrade Bogdan to Begovic.

Yeah, DDG will be staying between the posts for the rest of the season hopefully. Bolton, despite being fairly crap, have a relatively easy run though so that's why they're in there. Wasn't sure of Song/N'Gog - was flirting with Rosikey and someone else but I have all week next to figure out a final squad.
    Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

My plan is to ditch Evans and go for De Gea. Can't really see Evans scoring or getting bonus points. De Gea has less chance of getting a yellow card and being injured and extra points from saves. He also looks a nailed on starter now. Granted Evans does too but will it continue till the end of the season. I'd get in the cheapest 2nd keeper possible and never play him.

Lindegaard will be back soon which could throw a spanner in the works. Ferguson has shown all year that he wants to give Lindegaard the odd game here and there and he was 1st choice before his injury.

Personally, I think Evans is a favourite of Fergie and will only become a rotation risk if Vidic comes back or if he has a shocker, which considering his good form is unlikely.

So, i wouldn't be a fan of that move as I think you're getting a player who is just as rotatable imo, for around 1.5m more. It's also a sideways move unless you're on a wildcard.

This is probably one of the strangest teams I'm putting out this year.

5 in defence. I think 4 of them have a good chance of a CS (Evans, Enrique, Senderos and Santon). I brought Lescott in last week to find him injured. Hopefully he can play this week. He has a few days rest anyway.

At the moment I'm only going with two in the centre. I don't fancy Swansea to score away from home. McClean has gone off the boil the last few weeks points scoring wise.

Would it be worth risking Ireland in there? Home to Bolton.

I was going to get rid of Suarez but have decided to keep him for one more week.

He'll be going next week along with Ireland for Dempsey and Yakubu.

Any opinions?

Wuzyh.png

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Sound thinking but I think Chelsea could score against ManC, they are on the rebound and ManC are capitulating at the moment. The only thing is that Lescott is a goal threat at set pieces.

Could be a flip a coin situation!

Dempsey wrote: »
    Sound thinking but I think Chelsea could score against ManC, they are on the rebound and ManC are capitulating at the moment. The only thing is that Lescott is a goal threat at set pieces.

Could be a flip a coin situation!

Yea I'm thinking that as well. They were very good going forward against Napoli. If they are anything like that against City then there'll be a few.

I might just throw Ireland in instead of Lescott. The only thing holding me back is the match being on the Wednesday.

I'll go watch an episode of Breaking Bad and then make my mind up.

Would it be worth risking Ireland in there? Home to Bolton.

Any opinions?

Wuzyh.png

If Rooney and Lescot don't play, I'd move Ireland and McClean as first and second sub. I have a feeling in me water that Norwich will be putting a goal past Newcastle and that City will run rampant against a knackered Chelsea.

Just musings on my part though as I want to play Surman, Aguero and Silva ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

fantasy111229.jpg

Right I've made two changes, taking a 4 point hit for GW 30 already so there will be no other changes to my team until GW31 at a minimum.

What are your opinions on my team?

I've 3.7m in the bank after dropping Young for Valencia (he better keep his frecking place!).

Right the way I see it I need to switch Bogdan to someone a little better maybe Mignolet or even take a punt on Given in the run in.

Then it's probably either the Yak or Turner.

How would you spend the 3.7m? I've 20 points to make up in the run in. The leader of the league has been the luckiest fecker in the world - currently has no United players!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Transfer made,Valencia back in.Can't see him being rotated with the way he played today & Fergie's praise of him.I had Cleverly but that didn't work out as planned (was waiting to see how Valencia would do after returning from injury anyway) so he's out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Shane732 wrote: »

Right I've made two changes, taking a 4 point hit for GW 30 already so there will be no other changes to my team until GW31 at a minimum.

What are your opinions on my team?

I've 3.7m in the bank after dropping Young for Valencia (he better keep his frecking place!).

Right the way I see it I need to switch Bogdan to someone a little better maybe Mignolet or even take a punt on Given in the run in.

Then it's probably either the Yak or Turner.

How would you spend the 3.7m? I've 20 points to make up in the run in. The leader of the league has been the luckiest fecker in the world - currently has no United players!!

Firstly, the 20 points is nothing. So don't worry too much about that.

Begovic would get my vote for Bogdan replacement. Mignolet would be doubling up on Sunderland (or using an extra sub to remove Turner), and you don't really need to do either.

I'd then use the rest to replace either McClean or Yakubu. No rush to drop either, but if you have a look at upcoming fixtures, I'm sure you'll find a good choice of "bargain players" you could bring in. Your team as a whole is a good one, so you can afford to take a risk or two with one of those positions.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

carlcon wrote: »
    Firstly, the 20 points is nothing. So don't worry too much about that.

Begovic would get my vote for Bogdan replacement. Mignolet would be doubling up on Sunderland (or using an extra sub to remove Turner), and you don't really need to do either.

I'd then use the rest to replace either McClean or Yakubu. No rush to drop either, but if you have a look at upcoming fixtures, I'm sure you'll find a good choice of "bargain players" you could bring in. Your team as a whole is a good one, so you can afford to take a risk or two with one of those positions.

Liverpool do have an easy run of fixtures and while Suarez certainly hasn't been a FF hero he's might be worth considering.

If Bibotelli was going to get a decent run in the first team then he'd be worth a punt but with Tevez due back it's going to be tough to pick the City starting forwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Shane732 wrote: »
    Liverpool do have an easy run of fixtures and while Suarez certainly hasn't been a FF hero he's might be worth considering.

If Bibotelli was going to get a decent run in the first team then he'd be worth a punt but with Tevez due back it's going to be tough to pick the City starting forwards.

Suarez scored today too. Might finally start delivering. If you've got the spare cash, it probably won't hurt to give him a shot. As long as you've still got Roo and RVP, the 3rd striker is always going to be optional.

And just realising... since you have Vorm, maybe I was wrong to say Begovic, since they have the same home/away fixtures. You're probably better off getting someone who'll be at home when Vorm is away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Schwarzer rotates perfectly with Vorm for the rest of the season and Fulham are usually tight at the back at Craven Cottage. If you can't justify spending 4.8m on a keeper, I suggest getting Bogdan and just playing Vorm every week. Personally, I'm going the Schwarzer route.

I've two free transfers this week, was happy with my team but looking at possibly bringing Valencia back in. I think I was right getting rid of him as his value dropped 0.8m

5oh35l.jpg

So do I get rid of Dempsey or Walcott? Dempsey seems the obvious choice to keep but he hasn't played great the last two games and Fulham have a tough run ahead of them with United (A) next then Liverpool (A) and Chelsea a few games later. This coupled with the fact they have nothing really to aim for... Arsenal have an easier run and are fighting for a Champions League place and Walcotts a good differential although this is not something I really need at the moment. Both are close in price and I'll only lose 0.1m on each. Can't justify dropping Silva!

I could do with waiting until after tomorrows games to see if Lescott and Walcott play, but the problem with this is that Valencia will almost certainly go up tonight... I don't mind risking 0.1m to see how Walcott does against Everton but don't want to risk 0.2 which is a possibility. Why is this GW so spread out!

Would be wary of ditching Dempsey as Fulham have Norwich (H) in two weeks

After that, I'm tempted to cash him in

I'm wary of making any changes tbh. If Walcott has a quiet game I'll probably sub him out for Valencia. If he doesn't start or only plays 60 mins I almost certainly make the change.

It's frustrating making any changes once you start nearing the top few hundred, any change you make becomes vital. 35 points off the top 100 now, don't think I've the balls to be taking risks though!

I'm guessing you're hoping McClean doesn't play tonight so Siggy will come in? Although Kompany's not a guaranteed non-starter is he... you could be kicking yourself for leaving Siggy 3rd sub, I did it last week with Caulker.

roryc wrote: »
    I'm wary of making any changes tbh. If Walcott has a quiet game I'll probably sub him out for Valencia. If he doesn't start or only plays 60 mins I almost certainly make the change.

It's frustrating making any changes once you start nearing the top few hundred, any change you make becomes vital. 35 points off the top 100 now, don't think I've the balls to be taking risks though!

I'm guessing you're hoping McClean doesn't play tonight so Siggy will come in? Although Kompany's not a guaranteed non-starter is he... you could be kicking yourself for leaving Siggy 3rd sub, I did it last week with Caulker.

yep

fat chance of that happening though

Benching Swansea players against a strong Fulham at home was the right move though, I'd do it again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

opinions of this, ill probably put in caulker and mcauley for lescott and asson ekkotto for the weekend

rsz_marks.jpg

Advertisement