Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[FPL] - Rate My Team Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

manual_man wrote: »
    I want to keep Suarez. very unlucky not to get a couple today. + great fixtures for Liverpool

He has good fixtures alright but he can't score for shíte. For his price you could get a host of other players that have a better chance of scoring.

6 goals and 3 assists for a player costing 9.2 is garbage really. Might be worth a gamble for the DW but after that he has to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

manual_man wrote: »
    I want to keep Suarez. very unlucky not to get a couple today. + great fixtures for Liverpool

He has good fixtures alright but he can't score for shíte. For his price you could get a host of other players that have a better chance of scoring.

6 goals and 3 assists for a player costing 9.2 is garbage really. Might be worth a gamble for the DW but after that he has to go.

We'll see. Maybe I should get my good luck charm John Ruddy back, it all went downhill when I transferred him out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

roryc wrote: »
    In preparation for the double GW, and with a lot of injuries/players not getting gametime I'm pretty sure I'm finally going to use the Wildcard this week. Looking at possibly:

wrmget.jpg

Sorenson -> Begovich/Mignolet
    BAE -> Skrtel
    Sessegnon -> McClean
    Aguero -> Rooney
    Valencia -> Valencia (hopefully cheaper!)

Ba -> Suarez?

None of the main keepers have an easy fixture next week, so Im thinking there's not much between Begovich and Mignolet.

Vorm - Man City (H)
    Krul - Arsenal (A)
    Mignolet - Liverpool (H)
    Begovich - Chelsea (A)

Getting rid of Assou-Ekotto, Spurs have a tough run of fixtures and want to get in a 'Pool defender. If I can afford Skrtel he's in, otherwise Enrique will go in.

Then up in attack, Aguero is gone with Rooney taking his place. Can't have an 11m+ striker being benched when fit. Thinking of possibly gambling and getting rid of Ba for Suarez ;)

First things first, Valencia might go down again tonight so think once I make up my mind to use the WC he'll go tonight. Hopefully he'll drop 0.1 or 0.2 this week and I can buy him back at the end of the week at a cheaper price, just before Fergie announces he'll start him :)

Think I'll wait until after tomorrows games to see how Sess and Ba perform before making a decision on them, I'll lose too much on either to be able to justify buying them back.

I wouldnt sell assou ekotto if I were you because spurs have the easiest run in of the top 4 teams plus hes scores more goals than skertel and youll save money by keeping him, I think migolet would be a better shout than begovic because he rotataes well with krul and is cheaper plus theres an air of doubt who the first choice keeper actually is, I would advise at all costs to try and get sigoursson in, im not jumping on the bandwaggon here because ive had him for the past 3 gameweeks, lastly I mulling over suarez too but I just dont know, my team is actually grand as is at present,take a look back at one of my earlier posts to see it, the only thing im not happy with really is having alhabsi and agueros rotation

Opinions of my team/Squad?

rsz_1tot_1.jpg

A bit stumped about what transfer to make this week, perhaps Aguero for someone. would appreciate opinions

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I wouldnt sell assou ekotto if I were you because spurs have the easiest run in of the top 4 teams plus hes scores more goals than skertel and youll save money by keeping him, I think migolet would be a better shout than begovic because he rotataes well with krul and is cheaper plus theres an air of doubt who the first choice keeper actually is, I would advise at all costs to try and get sigoursson in, im not jumping on the bandwaggon here because ive had him for the past 3 gameweeks, lastly I mulling over suarez too but I just dont know, my team is actually grand as is at present,take a look back at one of my earlier posts to see it, the only thing im not happy with really is having alhabsi and agueros rotation

BAE already sold! I've watched a lot of his games this year and while he's done brilliantly, both goals have come out of nothing and just can't see Spurs keeping up the same pace they have done, especially with some tough fixtures coming up. Skrtel gets up for a lot of corners and has been unlucky not to score more than he has, and with a double GW coming up and a good run of fixtures I can see him outscoring BAE, at least over the next 4-6 games. Definitely a gamble but one Im happy to take! Thinking of swapping Ba for Suarez too, although he did just hit the bar. Not sure I can let him go!

Bogdan played well yesterday against City, and I don't want to spend much on my sub keeper as I'll be using Krul for most games, and he rotates better with Bogdan than anyone else.

Already got Sigurdsson in before he banged in two yesterday, was more doing it to avoid losing anymore on Valencia befoe the end of the week but will probably hold on to him now.

Team at the moment, if Kelly doesn't play later he could go too. 2.7m in the bank (just enough to swap Ba for Suarez!). Ignore the subs, might get Sigurdsson in if the team stays like this.

Gotten rid of Aguero, Bale, Valencia and BAE :eek:

t6dn2t.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭PopTarts

BAE already sold! I've watched a lot of his games this year and while he's done brilliantly, both goals have come out of nothing and just can't see Spurs keeping up the same pace they have done, especially with some tough fixtures coming up.

I'd have said Spurs have one of the easiest runs up to the end of season.

I'll be keeping BAE.

My team as they lined out this week.

I'm thinking of the WC for next week. Want to get rid of Sorenson, Ba, Aguero and maybe a few others. Opinions?

otLmu.png

My team as they lined out this week.

I'm thinking of the WC for next week. Want to get rid of Sorenson, Ba, Aguero and maybe a few others. Opinions?

otLmu.png

Do you have anything in the bank? Get rooney in for aguero and perhaps Pogrebnyak for Ba

Do you have anything in the bank? Get rooney in for aguero and perhaps Pogrebnyak for Ba

Oh yea I've 1.8 in the bank. I'd settled on them transfers already when I was off playing a match today. Never got on the pitch so had plenty of time to think about my team.

I'd love to get in a City defender but I dunno if I can afford it. Actually just checked and I can.

Enrique --> Lescott or Kompany?

EDIT: Wait forgot about the L'Pool DW. Gonna have to think that through again.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

This:

fantasy111227.jpg

To this:

fantasy111226.jpg

Opinions?!

• Advertisement

Shane732 wrote: »
    This:

fantasy111227.jpg

To this:

fantasy111226.jpg

Opinions?!

Yea it looks very good

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Shane732 wrote: »
    This:

fantasy111227.jpg

To this:

fantasy111226.jpg

Opinions?!

Apologies for the somewhat short post earlier on, I was very tight on time and already had the images linked.

Ok, firstly I've dropped Aguero (unfortunately I did it this evening as opposed to yesterday morning!).

I have one transfer left this week but I'm thinking of using my wildcard. I've had Kelly in for a good while now and he hasn't given me the points return I was hoping for. Him not playing today really pis*ed me off!

I've thought Ba's run has been over for a while now but I've left him in until now. I know people will argue that he's a prolific goalscorer and is worth having in the team. If I knew Valencia was back and going to get his place in the United team then I'd probably keep Ba, but unfortunately with the uncertainty about Valencia I need to free up funds to buy either Young or Nani. Utd have a decent run of fixtures now so I think it's time to get the Utd players in. Another option would be to put Cisse into the team but I'm not sure on this. Personally I think Newcastle will do very well to keep their position in the run in.

If I'm keeping a Newcastle defender in then I think I should probably upgrade to Taylor as the chances of him getting some extra points are much higher. i should have picked Taylor in the first place last August!!

Edit: If I didn't upgrade to Taylor I could work it that I'd be able to keep Ba.

Is there anyone in particular you'd switch in the line ups?

Not really, looks a pretty solid team.

I'm still unsure as to what to do about Ba -> Suarez. I thought Ba might have been pushed back a bit with the introduction of Cisse but he was still pretty good yesterday, hit the bar and should have scored his penalty.

21abjug.jpg

Not sure about Walcott yet, I had Sessegnon in but his sending off yesterday forced me to get rid. I only got in Walcott in the interim as I thought he might rise this week but might actually give him a chance, he has the ability to both score and assist and a home tie against leaky Newcastle could be a good chance for him to shine.

Think I'll swap Kelly out if I stick with the team above, have 0.6 to work with so Michael Turner at Sunderland could be a good buy - 4.2m, picking up BP's, and got an assist yesterday. Debating whether or not to ditch Simpson too...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Not sure on your choice of Walcott there RoryC,he is just too inconsistent.I bit the bullet and swapped Aguero out for Rooney and Ba for Suarez.The Suarez one could come back to haunt me but I need a differential.

Overall you've a pretty solid team,Surman could do well against a woeful Wigan side........still not convinced by Theo though.

My seasons over, I'm down to 300,000th overall, but I still have a couple of money leagues to play for. This is how I'm looking now

capture_10.jpg

will get in Pog next week for Suar, then swap out Bale for Valencia when he's back. think Rooney's a good shout for the rest of the season

zerks wrote: »
    Not sure on your choice of Walcott there RoryC,he is just too inconsistent.I bit the bullet and swapped Aguero out for Rooney and Ba for Suarez.The Suarez one could come back to haunt me but I need a differential.

Overall you've a pretty solid team,Surman could do well against a woeful Wigan side........still not convinced by Theo though.

Yeh I think Surman is a solid player, he's on some free kicks too so chances to pick up points, especially against Wigan.

As I said above I'm also unsure about Walcott, but when Arsenal play well he can really rack up some points. I've always thought he was inconsistent too but he seems to be growing in confidence and linking up well on the right hand side, and has gotten 12, 2, 15, 4 in his last 4 games.

If I decide to drop Ba for Suarez then I'll have to get rid of Walcott, but then I'll have about £8m for a midfielder when there is none really in that range.

Would be nice if there are any Fulham fans around that could give me some info on Michael Turner, he seems a steal at 4.2m. Is he just taking Wes Browns place, and if so when is Brown likely to be back?

Surman could be a great differential the next few weeks. Wigan and Wolves at home great chance for points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Any thoughts on this ?

No free transfers left but I'll take a points hit if really needed .

95f751ad.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Don't get the Stephen Ireland love. Am I missing something? Is it because Bent is out?

I got rid of Ba last night for Pog and am going to get rid of Aguero. I had 2 FT however. Since you do not I would wait till next week rather than waste the 4 point hit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Don't get the Stephen Ireland love. Am I missing something? Is it because Bent is out?

Same as Sess and Walters down as a midfielder but playing up front . Ok it might not work out but it's worth a shot .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

97921122.png

I'm stuck in a few areas at the moment.

1. I thought Sorenson would retain the No.1 shirt after Stoke's EL exit.
    2. Sessegnon/Dempsey were on their last chances this week. Easy to see who won out there.
    3. I want Rooney in for the end of the season.

I have 2 FT's. One was supposed to be for Sorenson but now I'm torn. As I posted in the transfers thread, I'm looking at Suarez for Ba and Sigurdsson for Sess. That would leave me enough to bring in Rooney for Aguero next week. OR is it worth the four point hit this week and get Rooney in now?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

195273.png

I was going to get rid of Chamberlain this week but the priority is now Sessegnon. Who do I get? I have only 1 free transfer & 5.4m in the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Dempsey wrote: »

I was going to get rid of Chamberlain this week but the priority is now Sessegnon. Who do I get? I have only 1 free transfer & 5.4m in the bank.

How much are you willing to spend? If you're happy to take a chunk out of your savings, Young is probably the current top midfield prospect. He'll also be a nice alternative to Dempsey, who almost everyone has now.

Before you decide, it's best you make a decision on at least one person you wouldn't mind brining in for Chamberlan, then making sure you have enough for both changes. No point in making an easy change this week, then being short next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

Dempsey wrote: »

Possibly a Utd attacker with the fixtures they have coming up.

All aboard the Walcott train... choo choo!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

carlcon wrote: »
    How much are you willing to spend? If you're happy to take a chunk out of your savings, Young is probably the current top midfield prospect. He'll also be a nice alternative to Dempsey, who almost everyone has now.

Before you decide, it's best you make a decision on at least one person you wouldn't mind brining in for Chamberlan, then making sure you have enough for both changes. No point in making an easy change this week, then being short next week.
    John83 wrote: »
    Possibly a Utd attacker with the fixtures they have coming up.
    All aboard the Walcott train... choo choo!

I was thinking of a united player but not Nani. Is Young a nailed on starter? He'd want to be for that price!

If I get Young, that will leave me with 8.5 to spend on Chamberlain's replacement. I must have a look at GW30 fixtures.

I could go Walcott for Chamberlain but that would cause me a selection/formation headache as I'd prefer to play 3 up front.

I'll re-iterate my argument.

CHOO CHOO

• Registered Users Posts: 39,532 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

So Wildcard time.

Only made 5 transfers but can do some more tinkering. Thoughts on the team as is?

Minge/Bogdan
    Shotton/Evans/Skrtel/Hibbert/Senderos
    Silva/Young/Dempsey/Siggy/Moses
    RVP/Rooney/Suarez

Capt is a fukking pickle!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

KevIRL wrote: »
    So Wildcard time.

Only made 5 transfers but can do some more tinkering. Thoughts on the team as is?

Minge/Bogdan
    Shotton/Evans/Skrtel/Hibbert/Senderos
    Silva/Young/Dempsey/Siggy/Moses
    RVP/Rooney/Suarez

Capt is a fukking pickle!

No Spurs coverage?

Their fixtures soften up again soon

Probably shouldn't be advising as I think you've got the best chance of anyone in the Exec. League of catching me! ;)

Can't look beyond RVP for skipper this weekend IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,532 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    No Spurs coverage?

Their fixtures soften up again soon

Probably shouldn't be advising as I think you've got the best chance of anyone in the Exec. League of catching me! ;)

Can't look beyond RVP for skipper this weekend IMO

Spurs implosion on the way, but free transfers will allow me to pick it up.

Hmmm. Tis between the front 3 for me. Currently on Suarez but will I have the balls for the gamble

No one has a hope of catching you.

Advertisement