Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY e-liquid advice needed

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

also.. **** me VG gives serious vapour

i'd always kind of mistaken what people meant when they said that
    I assumed that when you exhaled it produced waaaaay more vapour than pg, and it produced a little more

but the vapour doesnt go away.. it hangs around and looks just like smoke, it's crazy

I vaped for a few minutes testing both those juices, both at roughtly 70/30 .. went outside to put the carrots in a saucepan and get dinner started.. came back in to my room after a few minutes and thhe "smoke" hanging around my room is insane

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Good or bad thing Sir Digby?
    I love watching the 'smoke' float around, it's half the pleasure but it's going to be the bit that attracts the most attention and scares people.
    Going to up the VG content of my diy now, I see that Best shop stuff is 75/25 pg/vg according to their site and I was awalys happy with the vapor but the thought of sitting down with good old fashioned plumes of fog like you get from a pipe...Hmmmm.

good for me, bad for my parents.. so I guess bad for me :)

just realised when the where to buy thread said libertyflights had free delivery, it actually meant they had free delivery

had 7 euro on card so I got some flavourart lychee (omgz) and some decadent vapour dk tobacco. looking forward to this now. with free delivery liberty flights has become a real good option for flavourings

--edit
    just remembred i made two mixes last night
    mixed up some bubble gum flavour and hazelnut chocolate I got from healthcabin, forget the drops but it was whatever ejuicemeup told me for 5%

the bubble gum is kinda the same as it was last nigiht, but a little stronger. definite promise there. im not really getting bubble gum..maybe more of a juicy fruit. it's very similar to the fruit mix dekang, but with a slightly artificial twang. nice, but needs either more steeping or more flavour. ill give it a weeks steeping and see how it is then

the hazelnut chocolate I remember being not too impressed with last night but left it along with the bubble gum uncapped in a dark drawerfor 24 hours, just tried it now and.. god damn.
    it's not there yet.. but it's on the way. I didnt labvel the bottle and I didnt remember what flavour it was from last night but as soon as I vaped it I thought to myself "hazelnut and chocolate", neither one overpowers the other so you dont really get a definitive taste of either but just as soon as you taste it you know what they both are. i dont think this one will need more juice, just more time to steep but it's pretty damn nice so far.

gona cap them both and leave them in a drawer along with my 2 tobacco mixes for a week or so. might take them out midweek and give them another test. pretty sure bubblegum is going to need another few drops, im not sure if I oughta just vape what I have here and do up a brand new mix so I know the percentages for definite but that's a problem for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,004 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Does this 'open bottle, leave in a dark place for x days' really make a difference?

I just mix the hell out of mine with the syringe about five times.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

according to some internet ecig wizards i saw online, yes
    ****ed if I actually know though, seems to have made a difference in flavour terms for me at least.

i read to leave bottle opened for 24 hours or so in a dark drawer. put bottle back on, shake hard for a minute. then leave back in drawer with cap and dropper on for 1-2 weeks.

just mixed two more of my inawera tobaccos
    first up was usa red mix
    5ml, 70/30 10 drops
    interesting. im not sure I get a tobacco vibe from this. there's a strong.. lemon kick to it. maybe that will go away with steeping, maybe I put too much or too little in. ill give it time, might be nicer mixed with other juices

American type
    5ml 70/30 10 drops

well holy god.
    this is it. this is the flavour i was waiting for. definite tobacco vibe from this, but with kind of an.. earthy? backtaste. maybe more of a straw/hay/grass vibe. I could see myself vaping this quite a bit. still going to leave it to steep like the others but just after mixing... very impressed. will be ordering more.

yeah... definitely earthy. maybe a bit much for an all day vape, but definitely a fill a carto and vape happily deal.

--edity

just went to the kitchen to get an orange, came back into my room and it smells like someone was smoking a pipe in here. dear jesus this **** smells strong.

what's the inawera delivery times to Ireland?

do you really need to get their tobacco base for tobacco flavours? what were u using for the american type thing there as a base? normal or tobacco?

delivery time is 4-5 usually, mine shipped friday last week and arrived tuesday so it all depends. pretty damn quick though.

i used the normal base http://www.inawera.com/vpg-smoke-power-c-3_15.html?osCsid=8cb372fb3da7736e6faa41024f95a115 this stufvc

i only used the dirty neutral base (tobacco one.. "ashtray" flavour) in two juices and I had to put so much flavour in to overpower the weird taste of the base. ill go back and try it again in the future, but for now i just don't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Got my delivery from Inawera today, shipped on the 29th. (Impressed)

Am I correct in thinking that if I mix 100ml PG of 38mg with 100ml PG of 6mg, I will then have 200ml of 22mg base?

Do I just pour both into a clean container and give it a good shake?

Thanks.

yeah i think 22mg is right

if you mix 38mg with 100ml 0mg you get 19mg
    if you mix 6mg with 100ml 0mg you get 3mg
    so add them both together and 22

christ i never thought i'd have to struggle this much with basic maths. all these years of laziness are adding up

and yeah put them both into a container and give them a shake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

American type
    5ml 70/30 10 drops

well holy god.
    this is it. this is the flavour i was waiting for. definite tobacco vibe from this, but with kind of an.. earthy? backtaste. maybe more of a straw/hay/grass vibe. I could see myself vaping this quite a bit. still going to leave it to steep like the others but just after mixing... very impressed. will be ordering more.

yeah... definitely earthy. maybe a bit much for an all day vape, but definitely a fill a carto and vape happily deal.

Ordered some of this earlier, sounds like a strong tasting flavour which i like.

just be sure and open every window in the house when you're vaping
    im not joking about how much this stuff smells, although I guess maybe 10 drops was a tad much

also my liberty flightsd order shipped.. looking forward to trying some decedant vapours flavouring, and some god damn lychee
    if it's as delicious as the dekang version i'm going to use up every ml of pg base I have to make as much lychee juice as I can

just be sure and open every window in the house when you're vaping
    im not joking about how much this stuff smells, although I guess maybe 10 drops was a tad much

also my liberty flightsd order shipped.. looking forward to trying some decedant vapours flavouring, and some god damn lychee
    if it's as delicious as the dekang version i'm going to use up every ml of pg base I have to make as much lychee juice as I can

Will give it a bash anyway and see how i get on.

Keen to try that Lychee stuff, saw a few posts of yours going on about it.

i did some googling for the particular flavour of it im getting, the flavourart one. saw a few people saying it's incredibly close to the real thing. so see if you can find some lychee fruit or juice in a local asian shop :)

i did some googling for the particular flavour of it im getting, the flavourart one. saw a few people saying it's incredibly close to the real thing. so see if you can find some lychee fruit or juice in a local asian shop :)

The Flavourart you will have to steep for a while to get best results, longer the better.

Will keep an eye out for that so.

i just had a look in the drawer im keeping my capped steeping juices in and realised I have no idea which juice is which.
    vaping one now, and it's nice.. but i wouldn't put 10 cent on my ability to guess properly which flavouring I put in it

--edit
    actually it's *really* nice

i just had a look in the drawer im keeping my capped steeping juices in and realised I have no idea which juice is which.
    vaping one now, and it's nice.. but i wouldn't put 10 cent on my ability to guess properly which flavouring I put in it

--edit
    actually it's *really* nice

Been there done that, did'nt know what i was vaping at times having so many around :D

Got into the habit of putting labels on them as i had various strengths, ratios and flavours obviously.

aye i meant to get labels during the week but kept putting it off

next batch will be properly labelled :) just about empty on all my tobacco juices bar 1 so i should have a load of 30ml bottles to do up mixes in

for some reason i'm thinking a tobacco/coconut mix would work well together

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Put in an order for inawera there earlier, looking forward to trying out my own stuff.

I'm planning to make up a 200ml batch of menthol, but that would probably be 4-6 months, is there any problem leaving it sit around that long?

shelf date of juice is about 2 years I think, so shouldnt be an issue for you

• Advertisement

Just made up 5ml of PG mix.
    The base mix is clear and the Menthol is also clear = final mix is clear!
    Any reason for that? considering my usual, bought juice is always a honey colour!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭alec76

I'm planning to make up a 200ml batch of menthol,
    what the point tho ? you'll just get sick of vaping one flavour every day.....Could u do 20 ml at time ?

I've settled on menthol after a couple of years of trying out other flavours.

Just made up 5ml of PG mix.
    The base mix is clear and the Menthol is also clear = final mix is clear!
    Any reason for that? considering my usual, bought juice is always a honey colour!!

some juices can change colour with steeping afaik

chick shows a few of the same type of juice at different levels of steeping here, definite changes of colour

ok, i figured out what those random juices were

one of them is the gold ducat
    so a couple of days steeping now.. thought I'd go mental and filled up a boge 3ohm 70/30 pg/vg 12mg

granted this is the stupid mix I did where I have no idea how many drops per ml is in here, but what I can say is this is ****ing delicious

I remember not being terribly happy with this when I first mixed it, and the day after the first uncapped steep but now after iirc 2 days in a dark drawer.. my god. delicious.
    if you've vaped dekang cuba cigar it's kinda.. kinda like that. same kind of general flavour, deep.. heavy, slightly earthy.
    there may be a tiny bit of morning rain in this mix, im not sure. will definitely improve more with more steeping I imagine, but i'm going to be hard pressed not to take this out of the drawer every time I want to top up the carto.

ok, i figured out what those random juices were

one of them is the gold ducat
    so a couple of days steeping now.. thought I'd go mental and filled up a boge 3ohm 70/30 pg/vg 12mg

granted this is the stupid mix I did where I have no idea how many drops per ml is in here, but what I can say is this is ****ing delicious

I remember not being terribly happy with this when I first mixed it, and the day after the first uncapped steep but now after iirc 2 days in a dark drawer.. my god. delicious.
    if you've vaped dekang cuba cigar it's kinda.. kinda like that. same kind of general flavour, deep.. heavy, slightly earthy.
    there may be a tiny bit of morning rain in this mix, im not sure. will definitely improve more with more steeping I imagine, but i'm going to be hard pressed not to take this out of the drawer every time I want to top up the carto.

Had a feeling you would like the Gold Ducat.
    I vape that a lot of the time but like anything i switch over to another juice when it gets too much.
    You would like the Tobacco C as well i reckon, milder but nice alternative to the Gold Ducat.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

alec76 wrote: »
    what the point tho ? you'll just get sick of vaping one flavour every day.....Could u do 20 ml at time ?

I really really love my menthol :) I'm pretty happy so far mainly using menthol and then trying other stuff out every now and then, but so far nothing else has come close. You might have a bit of a point though, I might just do 100ml first. I'm thinking of mixing it up with other stuff as well, i.e. make a big batch, then taking 10ml bits of it every now and then and adding something else, so I'll get through 100ml easy enough.

well for your first go, do a 5 or 10ml batch as a test run so you get an idea for how many drops to put in
    leave it to steep for a week or two, then you'll know roughly how much to put in for your 1/200ml mix

derra .. I might pick up some tobacco c in my next order. i only have 40-50ml of 36mg left, and while that's still around 150ml of 12mg with the amount of testers im planning on doing up over the next few weeks it's not gona last terribly long. plus my 0mg is gona last ages now that i'm using more 0mg vg than I am 0mg pg in my mixes. all things considered, i probably have enough to last me 4-5 months now.. but I just want to have a large quantity of stuff for insta mixing should the mood strike me.

glad i have these posts too so i'll be able to find out exactly how long this 30 odd ml of gold ducat lasted me. for some reason even though I love it, i'm vaping it less than I would other stuff.. while being just as satisfied. will probably end up saving in terms of electricity bills too cos of less need to recharge lavatube batteries so often :)

Decided to give this a shot and ordered 100ml of 12mg and 6mg pg/vg base and the following flavours:-

Ducat
    American Type
    Coffee Paradise
    Whisky
    Pineapple

Will get it next week sometime I guess.
    BTW Skidka gets 10% off pre-shipping total.

Anybody tried the alcohol flavours like whisky?

• Advertisement

coffee paradise and pineapple are ****ing *delicious*

pineapple was the first one I did, and im pretty sure I did it wrong many months ago but even then.. it was a lovely vape, same for the coffee paradiso. ive gone off coffee vapes, but just smelling the tiny bit of flavour I have left is lovely

Advertisement