Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY e-liquid advice needed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

Take the dropper and lid off the bottle and put it somewhere cool and dark...not the fridge....and come back to it this time tomorrow and it should have improved.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

aye, have that done
    only a few ml of juice so hopefully it wont need a week to steep properly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

----edit
    ok
    5ml DNB
    20 drops gold ducat
    10 drops morning rain

im not hating this, morning rain definitely does add a bit of TH to the juice as tommy2bad was saying in another thread. it's almost.. menthol, but not disgusting.

Have ya any PG base there?

30 drops is just way too much.

Maybe it does need to settle overnight because of the added flavour in that base, but still far too much flavouring in the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

If 20 drops is 1 ml and your adding to 5 ml thats a 5 to 1 mix, some of our apartments didn't get that quality of concrete. Yeah your over 20% flavor now. I add 1/2 ml to 5ml and think I may be overdoing it at times.
    BTW all the flavors are 'tainted' by the DNB a bit. It stays as a undertone to anything you add, not so bad with tobaccos as they are similar but can ruin fruits. Works great with the RY4 from Flavor Arts though.
    1ml is about 3/4 of the big cart condom, if that helps!

yeah the DNB is inawera's tobacco base, dirty neutral base. pretty sure it's pg, maybe a pg vg mix

it seemed like too much to be putting in, but i was hardly tasting anything when i just put in 5 or 10 drops

--edit

maybe I should just add 5 drops to another 5ml batch and leave them to steep for a week.. see if that gives them a bit of flavour

• Advertisement

tommy2bad wrote: »
    If 20 drops is 1 ml and your adding to 5 ml thats a 5 to 1 mix, some of our apartments didn't get that quality of concrete.
    :D
    Hardcore vaping or what !
    yeah the DNB is inawera's tobacco base, dirty neutral base. pretty sure it's pg, maybe a pg vg mix

it seemed like too much to be putting in, but i was hardly tasting anything when i just put in 5 or 10 drops

--edit

maybe I should just add 5 drops to another 5ml batch and leave them to steep for a week.. see if that gives them a bit of flavour

Yes it's 50/50 mix that base is.
    Ya want a clean PG nicotine base mix that contains no added flavour, a bottle each of PG and Vg that contain no nicotine.
    Mix to 75/25, 70/30, 80/20 or whatever.

yeah I have all that, was using them for my non tobacco juices. figured i'd try the dirty neutral base for my tobaccos
    maybe ill try the tobaccos in the unflavoured PG tomorrow

im gona end up with 6 bottles, 5 ml full of the same juice :)

yeah I have all that, was using them for my non tobacco juices. figured i'd try the dirty neutral base for my tobaccos
    maybe ill try the tobaccos in the unflavoured PG tomorrow

im gona end up with 6 bottles, 5 ml full of the same juice :)

I would say use all flavours in the PG base tbh.
    Follow this, change numbers obviously regarding nic strength etc but ya get the idea.
    2uh1ksh.png

just did a 70/30 pg/vp 12mg mix with gold cucat, 10 drops according to the calculator for 10ml of juice

it's actually quite nice.
    so apparently it was the dirty neutral base that was giving me trouble before, and I had to put in so much flavour to overpower the base flavour of the vpg base :D

ill keep the DNB, might mess around with it some more but in the future i'll just use my flavourless PG/VG

--edit
    added another 5 drops of morning rain, maybe too much flavour according to the calculator. but it's even nicer now

just did a 70/30 pg/vp 12mg mix with gold cucat, 10 drops according to the calculator for 10ml of juice

it's actually quite nice.
    so apparently it was the dirty neutral base that was giving me trouble before, and I had to put in so much flavour to overpower the base flavour of the vpg base :D

ill keep the DNB, might mess around with it some more but in the future i'll just use my flavourless PG/VG

Gold Ducat is definitely a favourite of mine, of course add a extra drop if needs be but it is quite strong.
    Knew it be that DNB stuff affecting the flavour.
    Most juices ya ever buy off the shelf be made that way (I think anyway) unless stated that they contain something like the DNB, god knows.

See ya added more drops, difference in atties we use has a bearing on how it tastes as well.

• Advertisement

something strange..

for 10ml of this juice ejuicemeup reccomended 10 drops of gold ducat

i thought i'd do up more of the juice, since I already had the bottle used up and I did like it so said I'd add another 15ml

so I change the requirement from 10ml to 15ml, it changes all the amounts for pg/vg and such, but it now reccomends 30 drops of gold ducat

how can that be right.. an extra 5ml of juice, and an extra 20 drops of flavouring?

--edit
    oh, nevermind. first of all, I had the % of flavour at 10% as that's default instead of 5 like your example above.. and i was meant to add 20 drops the first time, not 10 according to the 10% option.

so.. god knows how this one is going to taste.

something strange..

for 10ml of this juice ejuicemeup reccomended 10 drops of gold ducat

i thought i'd do up more of the juice, since I already had the bottle used up and I did like it so said I'd add another 15ml

so I change the requirement from 10ml to 15ml, it changes all the amounts for pg/vg and such, but it now reccomends 30 drops of gold ducat

how can that be right.. an extra 5ml of juice, and an extra 20 drops of flavouring?

Post up a screenshot of the mix ya just done.
    Did ya change the numbers where neccessary.

See you sorted it.

yeah
    i might just lob a little bit of extra pg into this to dliute the flavour, i can imagine after steeping it's goign to taste way stronger and it's already a little overpowering

would 5% be a good starting point for flavours for tobacco juices?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭alec76

yep
    unless u want to knock out yours taste receptors :)

yeah
    i might just lob a little bit of extra pg into this to dliute the flavour, i can imagine after steeping it's goign to taste way stronger and it's already a little overpowering

Yes 5%.

alec76 wrote: »
    yep
    unless u want to knock out yours taste receptors :)

:pac::pac:

alright
    i threw in another 10ml or so of 12mg pg/vg so, to dilute it

ill have no chance of replicating this juice, but at least the 30ml i have now oughta be vapeable :)

alright

ill have no chance of replicating this juice, but at least the 30ml i have now oughta be vapeable :)

:D:D
    cartoon-bang-head-jpg.gif?w=500

Am lost now, not sure what ya have in it.

what!?

I had originally added way too much flavouring, so the best way around it was to add more pg

alright

what!?

I had originally added way too much flavouring, so the best way around it was to add more pg

Just trying to figure out what percentages ya have in it.
    If you added in ten extra drops in the first place then diluted with 10ml of a mix without flavour ya should be ok then.

Ya know now anyway PG base is better and 5% flavour is sufficient for future mixes,

• Advertisement

ah yeah

I had originally opened notepad and started trying to figure out how much pg I *should* put in to get the proper mix

but then I just said **** it :)

knowing me now I'll have created the perfect vape, the one juice mankind has been waiting for to bring world peace and I'll have no way to recreate it

ah yeah

I had originally opened notepad and started trying to figure out how much pg I *should* put in to get the proper mix

but then I just said **** it :)

knowing me now I'll have created the perfect vape, the one juice mankind has been waiting for to bring world peace and I'll have no way to recreate it

:D

Let me know what that Nutty Princess stuff is like ( on it's own :D), was thinking of getting that.

i actually have an empty 20ml bottle on my desk here, I'll do up a 20ml mix of nutty princess now and report back when it's done

12ml of juice 70/30 pg/vg @ 12mg

ejuice said 12 drops so I put in 12 drops. there is a flavour there, but it's very muted

put in another 8 drops to take it up to 20 altogether.
    it's definitely.. nutty. it's a nice enough vape, i dont actually think 20 is enough.. or maybe it just needs to steep as the flavour is still.. not all there but what im getting is pretty decent.
    I dont know if I'd vape it on its own, but i can definitely see it being used as the main flavour in a juice.. just with something else added to give it a little body.

12ml of juice 70/30 pg/vg @ 12mg

ejuice said 12 drops so I put in 12 drops. there is a flavour there, but it's very muted

put in another 8 drops to take it up to 20 altogether.
    it's definitely.. nutty. it's a nice enough vape, i dont actually think 20 is enough.. or maybe it just needs to steep as the flavour is still.. not all there but what im getting is pretty decent.
    I dont know if I'd vape it on its own, but i can definitely see it being used as the main flavour in a juice.. just with something else added to give it a little body.

Yeah leave it so and see what it's like after it steeps a bit then as there should be more than enough flavour in it now.
    Might have a couple flavours here to send on to ya, leave it with me anyway.

im probably overloaded with flavours atm :)
    I have about 20 or so fruit/sweet flavours quite a few of which, as a result of my vape tastes changing, I have just about no interest in

prob gona do another order w/ inawera in a couple of weeks. i need more 36mg, and when I have an idea what tobacco flavours I like I'm gona order 10-15ml of each and that oughta do me for a good long time.

im probably overloaded with flavours atm :)
    I have about 20 or so fruit/sweet flavours quite a few of which, as a result of my vape tastes changing, I have just about no interest in

prob gona do another order w/ inawera in a couple of weeks. i need more 36mg, and when I have an idea what tobacco flavours I like I'm gona order 10-15ml of each and that oughta do me for a good long time.

Yeah it's trial and error with DIY but once ya have a few that your happy with it's well worth it in the long run.

actually now that I know that I was using too many drops of flavouring i might go back and try some of the juices again, the creamy vanilla was nice yesterday but it did make me kinda feel sick after vaping it for too long

one thing im definitely going to do is make a huge batch of 70/30 pg/vg 12mg juice
    sick of fiddling about with syringes to make tiny little 5-10ml bottles

will look around for a suitable bottle and just spend an hour or so syringing out enough juice to fill it up

either that or buy a few gradiated cylinders

which now that I think about it, is the easier option

actually now that I know that I was using too many drops of flavouring i might go back and try some of the juices again, the creamy vanilla was nice yesterday but it did make me kinda feel sick after vaping it for too long

one thing im definitely going to do is make a huge batch of 70/30 pg/vg 12mg juice
    sick of fiddling about with syringes to make tiny little 5-10ml bottles

will look around for a suitable bottle and just spend an hour or so syringing out enough juice to fill it up

either that or buy a few gradiated cylinders

which now that I think about it, is the easier option

I do mix a load of what i like when i get a order in to get it over with, leave some spare to mess around with.
    Yeah definitely try some of the juices again.
    I take out the plunger of the syringe (5ml) and use it like a graduated cylinder, sit it into bottle, pour in and then flip it over and into the bottle. You'll work it out.

• Advertisement

so i tried them again after almost a full days steeping

nutty princess isn't much different. the flavour is a tiny bit more pronounced but i'd imagine it's going to need at least a weeks further steeping so i'll leave it at that

gold ducat is about the same, little bit more pronounced flavour wise. another weeks minimum steeping too.

I have another couple of empty bottles here now after I emptied some juices I absolutely hated, so im gona try american type and us red mix but im not too hopeful after smelling the bottles again

i might have to look somewhere other than inawera for an all day tobacco diy vape

Advertisement