Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jim Crowley Log

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

No joy.

Balance 63.18

Balance should read €58.19. Apologies, been a bit hectic this week.

Two today at Kempton.

1.35 Fortinbrass €2.50 e/w @ 9/1

2.40 Hayaku €2.50 e/w @ 33/1

Divil the bit today.

Balance €48.19

Three at Pontefract today.

2.50 Niceofyoutotellme €5 @ 1/2

3.50 Ambrose Princess @2.50 e/w @ 12/1

4.55 Finesse €2.50 e/w @ 13/2

Modest gain today to stem the recent slide.

Niceofyoutotellme won and Ambrose Princess hung on for second while Finesse just missed out on a place having been well backed.

Balance €51.83

Onwards and upwards hopefully.

• Advertisement

Two at Lingfield

4.20 Ultimate Destiny €2.50 e/w @ 20/1

4.50 Welsh Royale €2.50 e/w @ 11/1

And two at Kempton

7.30 Strictly Mine €2.50 e/w @ 16/1

8.30 Belinsky €2.50 e/w @ 11/1

Only Belinsky returned any money with third place.

Balance €41.83.

Two today at Folkestone.

4.30 Boston Blue €5 @ 7/2

5.05 Shalambar €2.50 e/w @ 11/1

Hopefully something good happens soon as the bank is running out fast.

Leic 3.30 Bravo Echo €2.50 e/w @ 16/1

5.15 Moonstone Magic €2.50 e/w @ 14/1

5.45 Bloodsweatandtears €5 @ 11/2

My posting was a bit messed up today as I was golfing and had crap reception. He had 4 rides today at Leicester. I missed the first one which lost thank God. I got on the other three in time and Moonstone Magic obliged at 16/1. Relief is the main feeling I can safely say as the log was going nowhere fast in the last while.

Balance €79.83

• Advertisement

Lingfield

2.00 Bronze Prince €2.50 e/w @ 9/1

3.05 Spyke's Bay €2.50 e/w @ 14/1

5.15 Proper Charlie €2.50 e/w @ 12/1

Wolverhampton

8.45 Haaf A Sixpence €5 @ 11/2

No joy at Lingfield but Haaf a Sixpence won by a neck.

Balance €92.33

All 4 of his rides at Windsor tomorrow are priced up already.

2.30 Pettochside €5 @ 7/2

4.30 Moone's My Name €5 @ 5/1

5.00 Jameela Girl €2.50 e/w @ 25/1

5.30 Shalambar €5 @ 5/1

Two are favourites and Pettochside is second favourite at present so here's hoping.

Just saw that I missed one.

2.00 Fortinbrass €2.50 e/w @ 14/1

Moone's My Name hosed up and Jameela girl was a NR.

Balance €102.33

Kempton this evening.

8.05 Loyal N Trusted €5 @ 10/3

9.05 Lady Gibraltar €2.50 e/w @ 20/1

Loyal N Trusted was a neck second while Lady Gibraltar was second last.

Balance €92.33

Just one ride today in what looks like a very tough to call race at Newmarket with 20 runners.

5.20 Riot Of Colour €5 @ 5/1

I thought he had the race when he seemed to put his nose in front inside the final furlong. Unfortunately 14/1 shot Perfect Storm came back at him. They were clear of the rest. Good run nonetheless.

Balance €87.33

In a rush and only have the phone but have all six rides backed. Will update later.

• Advertisement

Incredibly disappointed today, six rides and zero return. He had 5 at Newbury and one at Bath this evening. Worst day so far for the log.

Balance €57.33

Four today at Newbury.

2.35 Moonstone Magic €5 @5/1

3.45 Maverik €2.50 e/w @ 33/1

4.55 Energize €2.5 e/w @ 7/1

5.25 Saborido €2.50 e/w @ 25/1

I missed his first race but Moonstone Magic seems to have won it well, going off at 7/2. The rest didn't figure at all in the business end of their races. Happy enough.

Balance €67.33

Three rides this evening at Windsor, two for his boss Ralph Beckett who has made a good start to the flat season. It'll be interesting to see in the next few weeks what kind of return, if any, he gets from Beckett's horses as this might influence future betting., i.e. it might be worth going heavier on Crowley/Beckett mounts. We'll see.

5.55 Kings n Dreams (D K Ivory) €2.50 e/w @ 11/1

6.25 Napolean's Muse (R Beckett) €2.50 e/w @ 11/1

7.55 Wayne Manor (R Beckett) €5 @ 5/1

First two were well down the field and Wayne Manor was a well-beaten second so no returns today.

This is where having a disciplined, regimented (insofar as is possible) log hurts a little bit. He has two rides at Epsom tomorrow, neither of which, to me, look like having a proverbial snowball's chance. There is only one of these priced up on PP atm and to be honest, I'm surprised it isn't priced longer than 14/1. He has got some form with a second behind the current 2nd fav but I think he's out of his depth in this race. My thoughts are much the same for his other mount.

However, rules are rules and I'm sticking to them. Hopefully Crowley can spring a surprise and if he does he'll rise even higher in my estimation.

3.55 Right Step €2.50 e/w @ 14/1

Will post the rest in the morning. (He also has a couple at Kempton in the evening.

Here are the others

Epsom 5.00 King Vahe €2.50 e/w @12/1

Kempton

6.50 La Pampita €2.50 e/w @25/1

8.25 Passion Play €2.50 e/w @ 8/1

This is where having a disciplined, regimented (insofar as is possible) log hurts a little bit. He has two rides at Epsom tomorrow, neither of which, to me, look like having a proverbial snowball's chance. There is only one of these priced up on PP atm and to be honest, I'm surprised it isn't priced longer than 14/1. He has got some form with a second behind the current 2nd fav but I think he's out of his depth in this race. My thoughts are much the same for his other mount.

However, rules are rules and I'm sticking to them. Hopefully Crowley can spring a surprise and if he does he'll rise even higher in my estimation.

3.55 Right Step €2.50 e/w @ 14/1

Will post the rest in the morning. (He also has a couple at Kempton in the evening.

What idiot wrote that?!!!!

I'm shaking after watching that. I'll stop short of calling it incredible but it was a really excellent ride from Crowley. Was backed a bit but drifted back to 14/1 before the off. Great display of horsemanship. Delighted.

Well. I must start talking down his chances more often!

On a pretty good day, we had a 14/1 winner, an 8/1 winner, a late withdrawal so money back and a 33/1 shot that finished just out of the placings.

Right Step settled at the rear of the field on the rail and tracked the pack until the turn for the home straight. Crowley eased his charge out towards the middle of the track with perfect timing and proceeded to pick off the other horses one by one, nailing the leader inside the final 100 yards or so to win going away.

King Vahe seems to have thought he was a chaser as he took off on a destructive run around the park. Doesn't seem to have done himself any harm and I got my stake back.

Didn't get to see the racing at Kempton but La Pampita finished 4th of 14 having drifted to 33/1.

Passion Play was backed into 4/1 jfav and made all to hold the other jfav by a length.

Balance €115.08

This really is a rollercoaster of a log and goes to show the need for a bankroll.

• Advertisement

Just one ride today at Brighton, on a horse that it seems doesn't do too well on soft ground.

6.50 Quite A Catch €2.50 e/w @ 20/1

Advertisement