Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

who in fcuks name invented the sleeping bag??!!!

ive just spent the last 20 minutes trying to squeeze a massive one into the tonmy bag it came from!!

im actually shattered after it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

who in fcuks name invented the sleeping bag??!!!

ive just spent the last 20 minutes trying to squeeze a massive one into the tonmy bag it came from!!

im actually shattered after it!!

once they're out of the cover bag they can never be rolled up to their original size, they somehow defy the laws of physics once opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Pixie, why does your college have a bouncy castle?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i want a bouncy castle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I've said it before and I'll say it again, wedding forums scare me. Crazy wimmins, not talking about anything to do with weddings.

• Advertisement

Gah, very tempting livingsocial deal of the day. I love me some cooking utensils!

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Pixie, why does your college have a bouncy castle?

because i go to a special college.....

i dunno every year there is one there on the last day of the year! i think its because i go to such a small college!
    they also had a bouncy obstacle course, one of thoses bouncy slides and gladiator thing!!

jealous much??!! :D

krudler wrote: »
    once they're out of the cover bag they can never be rolled up to their original size, they somehow defy the laws of physics once opened.

it just doesnt make sense!!

its now all lumpy and has an awkward shape!

jealous much??!! :D
    Once we got free Ben and Jerry's in NUIG. That's all I have. Yes, I am terribly jealous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Thanks for the PMs for the Titanic movie. I just saw Kate Winslet's boobs! :eek:

• Advertisement

Once we got free Ben and Jerry's in NUIG. That's all I have. Yes, I am terribly jealous.

but its free ice-cream!! ice cream is awesome! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Going to sign the lease on the new house tomorrow, so excited :) Has cheered me up no end :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Eating noises grrrrr.

And when that person who's eating starts talking trying to chew a mouth full of, with one finger over their lips, saying one or two words, then breatheing heavily while chewing, and then trying to continue whatever it is they are (trying) to say but not being able to because their mouth is so full.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Boyfriend coming over soon, can't wait to see him <3

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Still want to keep studying. Don't really know what has brought this on but how and ever. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Took the kids to the park, husband went for his 3rd last oncology check up, all good. Went to my neighbours house for an hour his just out of hospital has bone, lung and liver cancer, his a shadow of his former self, his refusing any more chemo so its only a matter of time now :(

Ive offered any help that i can give, when the kids go back to school and his wife is at work i can call in on him and keep him company and even cook him food if his up to eating, his been our neighbour for 7 years... gonna miss the guy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I've been so good this year, saving. So today I went on a lil tiny spending spree and now I feel very happy. :) Pretty things everywhere! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Omg. having such a lazy day today!
    i've a massive bruise on my left elbow from last night, i've a ball at the end of the month and i'm so annoyed with myself!
    i still have to buy a dress yet!! argh!!

Just got an email to say the Early Bird offer for the Nursing congress in Mullingar has been extended and I've already paid the higher rate and there's €30 in the difference. Is it rude to email and ask if there's any chance of a refund of the difference??

just out of a relaxing shower abd now im cooking broccoli and potato cakes! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Just got an email to say the Early Bird offer for the Nursing congress in Mullingar has been extended and I've already paid the higher rate and there's €30 in the difference. Is it rude to email and ask if there's any chance of a refund of the difference??

Nope, I'd definitely go for it! But maybe ring if you can? I think it's harder to say no to a real human voice than an impersonal email. Might as well try though, what've you got to lose?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i'd ring and be nice

ringing and being nice always works

i dont know what i want for dinner
    someone's post in the food thread put takeaway into my head but i had one last week and i dont usually eat them more than like once every couple months

Nope, I'd definitely go for it! But maybe ring if you can? I think it's harder to say no to a real human voice than an impersonal email. Might as well try though, what've you got to lose?

Yeah true.. It's a voluntary organisation sort of though so very difficult to get anybody on the phone there, I tried about something else before. Think I'll chance the email and leave my phone number on it..

oh man that coconut slice was awesome

keep your dinner now, i'm done :cool:

bluewolf wrote: »
    oh man that coconut slice was awesome

keep your dinner now, i'm done :cool:
    Sounds intriguing. Like some kind of coconut cake thing?

Sounds intriguing. Like some kind of coconut cake thing?

it was a bit like this
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_7FmV7Q0eY-o/Sh086PWe36I/AAAAAAAAAPg/BvqkaAf9708/s400/bakersoven3.jpg

i emailed a lecturer earlier asking for my essay results and he said he cant give thme to me via email but he can call me with them
    so he asks for my number and a time i can take it......im a little creeped out
    hahahahahaha

suppose i do need them since the first exam is his one??!

he probs doesn't want to put it in writing maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

OH MY GOD how can it take him 1.5 hours to cook a steak and roast some feckin veg? I asked him at 6.30 to cook it, he tells me it'll be 8 before it's done. Veg takes 20 mins to cook, steak takes a few minutes, how in the name of Jesus can it take that long?? He did spend 20 minutes playing computer games before he started, y'know, like a fucking teenager, instead of just making it. I'm so hungry, I would've cooked it myself if I'd known he could even feck this up, I'm sick of cooking every day, as if I don't spend enough time in that fecking kitchen.

Grrrrr. Supermacs is looking better and better.

The local Youth Centre are having a bake sale on Sunday to raise money and I said I'd help out by making some things so that's my day sorted for tomorrow. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    bluewolf wrote: »
    i'd ring and be nice

ringing and being nice always works

i dont know what i want for dinner
    someone's post in the food thread put takeaway into my head but i had one last week and i dont usually eat them more than like once every couple months

Definitely ring and be nice. With an e-mail you might sound like you're being demanding or whatever because there's no "tone" to it, whereas with a phone call they'll hear your voice and understand you better. Good luck

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement