Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

baby and crumble - Hope you're okay. :) xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

That's awful to hear. you take care of yourself B&C!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

baby and crumble - I hope you're OK, PM is always open if you need a chat :)

First lot of cupcakes nearly done, they smell scrumptious, hope they taste nice :D

Going to put the second lot in when the first lot are done :D

10 Vanilla and 7 Chocolate, yum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Baby and Crunble, Yikes!!! Time for some you time, mmhmmmhhmm.

My bf's dad is having his PET scan tomorrow. Fingers crossed all the cancer is gone. He's absolutely exhausted from travelling for appointments, he's lost a good bit of weight and he has to be worried. I hope everything goes okay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Feeling lazy so just gonna copy and paste over from C&H :o

Hey guys. Just dropped by to see how everyone is. Boards has been popping into my head a lot recently and when I saw my birthday e-mail earlier today I said I might as well log in and say hi. Feeling a little smug that I managed to remember my password after 9 months of being away! :p

College is going well. Will be finished fairly soon. Feels like the year has passed so quickly, which is good because then it means I’m enjoying it. Was on work placement yesterday and when I arrived back from lunch the children surprised me with a card they all helped make and sang happy birthday to me! It was so cute!

I know now this is what I want to do. Maybe even someday I’ll open up my own place! :)

Hope everyone is doing well. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Links234 wrote: »
    you know, even as a big Doctor Who fan, I think Sherlock has topped it for me. the last episode of Sherlock was like... holy crap! more so than the last ep of DW
    God yes! The last Sherlock was absolutely incredible! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I haven't given myself a break for years, went straight from H.Dip to Masters to PhD- I knew I needed a break but I kept on going... now my whole brain and body have shut down and stopped working, kind of.

But on the plus side- MEDICATION!!!!!!!! :p

And cake. I'll just bake more cake.

Take care of yourself, hope the wee break does you the world of good :)

Posy wrote: »
    God yes! The last Sherlock was absolutely incredible! :D
    introduced my girlfriend to Sherlock :D she was well impressed. got to show her the last episode of series 1 yet, see what she thinks of that! ;)

such a great, great, great show!

oooh, I have a tiny little Valentine's Day surprise for my girlfriend planned. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Baby and Crumble, hope you're doing okay. Take it easy on yourself.

Waiting on a Vampire Diaries livestream. The tiny cupcakes were eaten in seconds. I swear my brother had a tear in his eye when he was eating them.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

have a date next week :) by gar its been a while

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

krudler wrote: »

You'll have to dust off your wooing cap!

I'm sure you'll be doing a strong line with the lassie in no time.

And other such archaic dating terminology.

We need details krudler!!!!!!!!! :D
    most of our dating days are gone - well live vicariously thru you

Das Kitty wrote: »

Coke?! :eek:

Das! You're a mammy!! :eek:

Das Kitty wrote: »

No it really has been a long time, been properly single for close to 2 years now, had a few flings, met some randomers, done the being single thing, she asked me out too which is a nice change, its nice knowing a woman doesnt do the whole waiting around thing, I like that :)

Yes krudler details would be good.. Exciting! :D

Edit: got in before I posted.. :)

I haven't given myself a break for years, went straight from H.Dip to Masters to PhD- I knew I needed a break but I kept on going...
    My God, it's no wonder you need a break!! :eek:
    I went from school to my degree to my masters and by the last semester had four 6,000 essays and a 25,000 word dissertation to get through. My brain was frazzled. If I had even attempted to do a PhD afterwards I'd have burned out in about three days!
    Plus, I never would have the dedication for a PhD, so fair play! Enjoy your break, look after yourself. xx :)

Hope things are going well for you Krudler!
    I have applied for the ridiculously hard looking college course after finally getting my degree certs scanned, my referees sorted and so on..
    Fingers crossed! :eek:

Money is stressing me out right now (well, lack thereof) but I feel like I'm actually doing something constructive with 2012 so far. :pac:

We need details krudler!!!!!!!!! :D
    most of our dating days are gone - well live vicariously thru you

I'm 30 and still dating, I'm not sure if thats awesome or sad lol kinda freaks me out that I'm the only single person in my immediate group of friends...then I remember I'm the only single person in my immediate group of friends :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Krudler, it has been remiss of you not to provide us with a catchy nickname for her yet.

We had PinkHeels' gradual transformation from HLG to Z, we expect the same from you.

• Advertisement

Still dating at 30 is pretty cool. Everyone knows guys get hotter as they get older.Not that you're old, but it's good not to be freaking out about being single. Yeah I'm thinking +1 on the nickname!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

No it really has been a long time, been properly single for close to 2 years now, had a few flings, met some randomers, done the being single thing, she asked me out too which is a nice change, its nice knowing a woman doesnt do the whole waiting around thing, I like that :)

I subscribe to her school of thought completely. Fair play, I hope it's the start of something life transforming for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    My bf's dad is having his PET scan tomorrow. Fingers crossed all the cancer is gone. He's absolutely exhausted from travelling for appointments, he's lost a good bit of weight and he has to be worried. I hope everything goes okay.
    Fingers crossed for him Jane, hope it turns out OK.

Good luck on the date Krudler.

First lot of cupcakes are done, bigger than I expected them to be, damn delicious though.

Just waiting for the chocolate ones to cook, wish they'd hurry up!

Still dating at 30 is pretty cool. Everyone knows guys get hotter as they get older.Not that you're old, but it's good not to be freaking out about being single. Yeah I'm thinking +1 on the nickname!!

Ha thanks , yeah I dont really have that "zomg gotta find a woman" thing going on right now, I think its because I spent nearly all of my 20's in relationships, from 20 to 29 my relationships went like this, 2.5 years, 3 years, about 14 months on and off and 2.5 years, so thats ALL of my 20s spent in relationships with a few months here and there being single, I was a relationship hoor :pac: now I'm just having fun with it and not putting myself on a clock to meet someone, hell I could meet the person I'll marry at 40, ya never know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Cheers guys. It was a little bit scary to make the decision to agree with the Doctor- if I'm 100% honest, I've not been right since my Mum got sick and died a few years ago- she was diagnosed a few weeks after I started my PhD (same week as my best friend was diagnosed with cancer too... that was a fun time...) and I was basically firefighting for a few years.

Man, what am I doing, this isn't PI! :pac: Ah well, 1am probably not the best time to be over thinking things, eh?

zomg they put the entire 9 seasons of The X-Files on the US version of Netflix, so long dvd boxsets, hello instant watchability, best 7 quid a month ever spent

Is she hot?! :pac:

Hmm, have my pic up for a few hours, and no creepy PMs so far. This is good. :)

Ah well, 1am probably not the best time to be over thinking things, eh?

Between 1am and 3am is the BEST time to over-think things.

...according to my brain. :mad:

• Advertisement

Links234 wrote: »
    Hmm, have my pic up for a few hours, and no creepy PMs so far. This is good. :)
    You mean you didn't get my P... eh, never mind. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement