Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

My manager rocks she brought us up huge cookies :) time for tea i think !!
    PM me your work details. I must send in a CV immediately !!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Booked in to get an Indian Head massage after work.

Can't wait.

Need some relaxing time.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ophiopogon wrote: »
    Also, was just placing an order with amazon, was using the super saver postage most went through but still three items came up for 30 euro postage, more than double what they cost. There is no danger I will be paying that.
    I hate that with amazon sometimes!
    FREE delivery! Click here for FREE delivery. Delivery is FREE.
    Address: Republic of Irela... ah, delivery is going to be twenty quid, sorry.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

The BBC website has pictures of orphaned bear cubs being released back into the wild. Squeeee!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Posy wrote: »
    I hate that with amazon sometimes!
    FREE delivery! Click here for FREE delivery. Delivery is FREE.
    Address: Republic of Irela... ah, delivery is going to be twenty quid, sorry.

Yeah to be honest I hate shopping at the best of times but esp at the moment with things being so tight the price of postage drives me crazy. It;s just a couple of things I had to buy and I can't find them here so have to buy on the net.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Jeebus Storm, you were so lucky nothing worse happened that night! I'd have freaked out if that was me :eek:

I've never had a night as bad as that, but there was one night I was veeery lucky I wasn't kicked out of the good ol' Bridge House. That was my own fault though, having hardly eaten that day, then using West Coast Cooler as a mixer :rolleyes:

I'm a terrible lightweight, usually a naggin does the job with maybe one more drink afterwards, and even then I'm not totally hammered. I always try eat something carby beforehand though, never again will I throw up outside Supermacs :o

On the plus side, I'm a super cheap date :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Ah here can I have some...I'd love some hot soup just now, feel like the temp has dropped.

I really wish you could use the same password for everything. Just spent 20 mins trying to remember one for something. Also, was just placing an order with amazon, was using the super saver postage most went through but still three items came up for 30 euro postage, more than double what they cost. There is no danger I will be paying that.

I do use the same password for almost everything.. or a variation of it. Except for on here because I changed it when that hacking thing happened last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Thanks for this advice Acoshla, will get some of the choc chips in Aldi next time I'm there, my nearest Lidl is around 6-8 miles away :(

Sorry Aldi and Lidl generally don't have chocolate chips, sometimes but not always, Tesco, Dunnes or SuperValu should have them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

hey everyone ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I do use the same password for almost everything.. or a variation of it. Except for on here because I changed it when that hacking thing happened last year.

What hacking thing?? I wasn't a member then :S

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Links234 wrote: »
    hey everyone ;)

'sup Links?

Friday Food Coma here. Got beef, spinach and broccoli noodles from Kokoro for lunch, and then had an M&S cookie with my coffee. Think I'm about to fall asleep, but my stomach is happy :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I really wish you could use the same password for everything. Just spent 20 mins trying to remember one for something.
    I use variations on five or six different base passwords. An easy way to do it is to change some letters to numbers (e.g. Fishie becomes F1shi€) or to change numbers to their equivalent punctuation marks (e.g. Fishie86 becomes Fishie*^). Then you just have to remember which version you’ve used for which website.
    (not my real passwords, in case anyone is tempted to try hacking my account!)
    Also, was just placing an order with amazon, was using the super saver postage most went through but still three items came up for 30 euro postage, more than double what they cost. There is no danger I will be paying that.
    I think the thing that gets me the most is when it’s free to Northern Ireland but not to the Republic. I know they subsidise the postage because NI is part of the UK, but it is so damn annoying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Haha you must have been in a bad state to get thrown out of the bridge house!!

Not too long ago, me and the girls were out and now that I have a baba I don't/can't drink as much as I used to. So one of the girls I was with, we were walking across the road from menarys to supermacs, when this boyracer comes up the one way street, and my friend jumps into the car with him. Another one right behind him, and my friend (let's call her L) jumps in to "go after" friend one... So I'm standing like a dope waiting for them to come back. I'm flat out texting L saying "I'm not waiting for you any longer", "where are you", "I'm going to get a taxi, If you're not back here I'm going without you". I was sitting in supermacs at this stage, peed off, texting L, getting ready to leave to head to macs, I had just sent "where are you" when I get "were u" back lol, I'm in supermacs where are you, and for some reason I look to the left, out at the main entrance to supermacs, and there is L, panned out, oh good lord, I rush out to see if she's okay, she has her shoes off, her bracelets off, the contents of her bag on the ground beside her, one eye closed with her mobile phone. I grab her and help her up and I ask her "what on earth are you doing", *hiccup* texting you. Lol. I think supermacs is the hub of disgraceful behaviour

hey everyone ;)

Hey Links. ;) Are ya well? Coz you're lookin' well.. :)
    What hacking thing?? I wasn't a member then :S

I think it was sometime last year. Can't remember exactly what happened but all members were advised to change their passwords for the site. Boards was offline for a couple of days I think.

Oh my that sounds gorgeous RK! ;)

I'm absolutely roasting today, has it gone really warm or what? :o

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Hey Links. ;) Are ya well? Coz you're lookin' well.. :)

*blush* :o

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

I'm absolutely roasting today, has it gone really warm or what? :o

I was like that yesterday :O Like really really warm, as in, I wanted to walk around in a tshirt! I thought I was coming down with something :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Haha you must have been in a bad state to get thrown out of the bridge house!!

Not too long ago, me and the girls were out and now that I have a baba I don't/can't drink as much as I used to. So one of the girls I was with, we were walking across the road from menarys to supermacs, when this boyracer comes up the one way street, and my friend jumps into the car with him. Another one right behind him, and my friend (let's call her L) jumps in to "go after" friend one... So I'm standing like a dope waiting for them to come back. I'm flat out texting L saying "I'm not waiting for you any longer", "where are you", "I'm going to get a taxi, If you're not back here I'm going without you". I was sitting in supermacs at this stage, peed off, texting L, getting ready to leave to head to macs, I had just sent "where are you" when I get "were u" back lol, I'm in supermacs where are you, and for some reason I look to the left, out at the main entrance to supermacs, and there is L, panned out, oh good lord, I rush out to see if she's okay, she has her shoes off, her bracelets off, the contents of her bag on the ground beside her, one eye closed with her mobile phone. I grab her and help her up and I ask her "what on earth are you doing", *hiccup* texting you. Lol. I think supermacs is the hub of disgraceful behaviour

Whoa, it's mad the states that people let themselves get into! You're right about Supermacs, it's funny when you're drunk but when you're sober you're thinking "This is what the dregs of humanity look like" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Think I'm just uber paraniod about privicey...I don't have anything that exciting to hide (only a few things:p) but I just hate the idea of people looking at my stuff..on the net or in real life. I always end up making up stuipd hard passwords that I then can't remember easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

Can't wait for tonight. I'm going to see Dara O'Briain, it should be a good one

Let me know what you think! I went to see him a few weeks back!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'm on midterm break now!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jay phelan

Week off now from college. Googling some Valentines ideas for the other half because I have none haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Hotel is back open, first time back to work since the end of December tonight! Eek. It's gonna be really busy, there is a big IBM group thing on in town so the hotel is full of them. Hope the rest of the staff are in a good mood, makes all the difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

You know when you come up with what seems like a really good idea, and then you tell someone else about it (in an email) and while you're waiting for a response you suddenly fear that it's actually a silly idea?

Yeah, that.

(It's not though. It's a good idea. Honest..)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,345 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

LostGirly wrote: »
    Let me know what you think! I went to see him a few weeks back!!

Will do!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Shoulders are in bits, tried the self massage, I think it helped a little but need a proper massage.

Is anyone having problems with Facebook chat? Mine is driving me insane. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

^ Are you using the new one? That is so horrible and buggy. I just reinstalled the old one on my browser and it's graaand.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

At home watching New Girl, bliss.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

STBEH just said something that really, really upset me. I just want to get the hell out of here now, because I ain't going to get any more work done today.

Seriously, you prick, can you not at least wait until I'm at home before you say stupid things to me so I can at least be upset in private??? :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement