Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Dunno why but both my feet keep going to sleep even when I'm walking on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I adore pickled onions, eating them straight from the jar freaks my boyfriend out. I hate pickled onion crisps though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Acoshla wrote: »
    I adore pickled onions, eating them straight from the jar freaks my boyfriend out. I hate pickled onion crisps though!

Eating them out of the jar is the only way I know how :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Has anyone else spent the last five minutes hearing Peter Kaye going "That's the HRT, Pat, that's the HRT!" in his mum's northern accent?

No? Just me?

Okay, then...

Peter Kay is just amazeballs, he reminds me so much of one side of my family it's uncanny....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67SeoAWfN5Q

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

bluewolf wrote: »
    i just watched dr who, im sure im going to dream im the doctor now :D

I had the Tardis as my text tone on my phone until I was woken one night, fully, fully convinced that he was coming to take me as his new companion. I was very disappointed when I realised that it was only my phone, I'd forgotten to put it on silent and it was a drunken booty text from my ex/random hook up guy :( extremely disappointing!

My friends will be delighted that I'm finally on Season 6 of the Doctor. I only started watching in September, my friend put all the episodes on my hard drive for me. Watched the first 3 series really quickly, but then slowed down on Season 4, because I didn't want to say goodbye to the beautiful man that is Tennant! Now I love Smith, but college is getting in the way of me watching it regularly. I'm going on to episode 3 now of season 6.

On other news, I love the fact that my brother only rings me when he wants something, and then I'm his "favourite sister, his baby sister" or he's "my favourite brother". Such emotional f*cking bribery! He wants me to go up and mind his two smallies for a weekend in August. I'd love to do it, but I don't honestly know what I'll be doing by August, whether I'll be working full time or still part time in the job I'm in. Plus, the chance to spend lots of time with my nieces, and without the added irritation of their parents, would be so much fun. I'll only do it though if I can find a friend that I can drag up with me. I think I'd crack up if I had to spend the whole weekend alone with two children, three dogs & an assortment of cats! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Links you would never guess that from your photo! I like someone else on here was expecting something a bit more boyish (I hope you don't mind me saying that!) but you are are stunning! Your girlfriend is a very lucky girl!

thanks. but you know, there's loads of transgender people whom you would never guess either ;)

and nah, I'm the lucky girl to have her. she's the real stunner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I think I'll drink too much wine tonight, just to celebrate the fact that it's finally actually Friday tomorrow.

Actually, I drink too much wine every night. But I'm going to drink even more far too much wine tonight.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Links234 wrote: »
    thanks. but you know, there's loads of transgender people whom you would never guess either ;)

and nah, I'm the lucky girl to have her. she's the real stunner

Oh I'm sure there are. I will freely admit my ignorance on this subject! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i just re-watched the last ep so far *sniff*
    it's just awesome...

Lovely Muffin, was it you who asked me about the jacket I bought from BooHoo?

Well I got it and it was horrible! Really disappointed! It wasn't any form of leatherette, it was nearly like that fabric styrofoam stuff.

Thinking of getting this now. What do people think?

81257580-02.jpg

Oh and these

house-of-holland-debenhams-flats-black-hallie-tapestry-pump-shoes.jpg

Though really, I should just stop spending...

• Advertisement

you know, even as a big Doctor Who fan, I think Sherlock has topped it for me. the last episode of Sherlock was like... holy crap! more so than the last ep of DW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Lovely Muffin, was it you who asked me about the jacket I bought from BooHoo?

Well I got it and it was horrible! Really disappointed! It wasn't any form of leatherette, it was nearly like that fabric styrofoam stuff.

Thinking of getting this now. What do people think?

http://www.forever21.com/images/model_detail/81257580-02.jpg

Oh and these

house-of-holland-debenhams-flats-black-hallie-tapestry-pump-shoes.jpg

Though really, I should just stop spending...
    It was me, shame to hear it wasn't what you expected, it looks gorgeous in the photos.

That Forever21 jacket looks gorgeous though.

If you get it, can you let me know what it looks like please? I'd have to order online, as I won't be in Dublin for ages.

It was me, shame to hear it wasn't what you expected, it looks gorgeous in the photos.

That Forever21 jacket looks gorgeous though.

If you get it, can you let me know what it looks like please? I'd have to order online, as I won't be in Dublin for ages.

It's nothing like that in real life! Such a pity!

Shall do! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Went to the dentists this morning anyway. She repacked my dry socket and gave me a painkiller prescription. Woot! Painkillers are just making me fall asleep though. And giving me a sore belly. You can never win!

Thinking of getting this

That's nice, but I'd try in on in store first! I never buy things online before trying them on anymore. Never turn out how I expect. Actually I got a lovely (fake) leather jacket in Zara recently. In the TRF section :)

I got a fab bomber jacket in Bershka a few months back. Dunno if there's any hope of them having any left, but it might be worth a look? It's fake as hell - pleather and "shearling", but it looks amazing and it was only €64.

can't believe how many thanks my pic is receiving! :eek:

here was another picture I took this evening, I didn't post it, because you couldn't really see my Firefly T-shirt :p (I'm that much of a nerd, I had to have it plain to see!) that, and I wasn't really smiling and it looked a bit too washed out. but hey, here it is:

aVmiJ.jpg

posting 2 pics in the one day, I never thought I'd do this :D

Ah Links! You are so pretty :D And woot, Firefly! Joss Whedon is the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭rainshowers82

Just made the cutest cupcakes im delighted with myself seeing as im half asleep lol

Watching dont tell the bride it is the funniest programme !

Does anyone know what WPD Gadget is for?

I've found a .exe file in my Documents folder, but don't remember downloading anything like it. :confused:

Am thinking of uninstalling it, but want to know what it is first, don't want to screw my laptop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

here was another picture I took this evening, I didn't post it, because you couldn't really see my Firefly T-shirt :p (I'm that much of a nerd, I had to have it plain to see!) that, and I wasn't really smiling and it looked a bit too washed out. but hey, here it is:

posting 2 pics in the one day, I never thought I'd do this :D

is that a dog in the background?

if so ,whats their name? :P

Lia_lia wrote: »
    That's nice, but I'd try in on in store first! I never buy things online before trying them on anymore. Never turn out how I expect. Actually I got a lovely (fake) leather jacket in Zara recently. In the TRF section :)

Yea I might do that. But it'll have to be net week before I do!
    Honey-ec wrote: »
    I got a fab bomber jacket in Bershka a few months back. Dunno if there's any hope of them having any left, but it might be worth a look? It's fake as hell - pleather and "shearling", but it looks amazing and it was only €64.

Yea €64 is like 3 times higher than my budget will go unforch :(

If only my lovely leather jacket hadn't been stolen before. Then I wouldn't have this stress :P

Lookit, I don't often get involved in the LL love-ins, but I thanked your pic because I think it's incredible how honest you have been about the whole process, both on here and in your HRT blog. There are people on here (and this is no judgment on them, btw!) who don't post pictures of themselves because they're not brave enough, and for you to take that step is worthy of a bit of recognition, imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Yeah links I for one would never ever post my photo on the Internet! Good for you :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Does anyone know what WPD Gadget is for?

I've found a .exe file in my Documents folder, but don't remember downloading anything like it. :confused:

Am thinking of uninstalling it, but want to know what it is first, don't want to screw my laptop.

windows sidebar?

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/wpdblog/archive/2007/11/26/creating-a-temperature-sensor-gadget-for-windows-sidebar.aspx

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

i just re-watched the last ep so far *sniff*
    it's just awesome...

The one before the Christmas one or the Christmas one?

The first time I saw the last one, I was a bit WTF. But now I love it. I love his monologue to the dying dalek before he tears him open, scary bastard. I love when he's scary.

I'm writing my valentine's story at the mo. Poor Mike having to read it! :pac:

Das Kitty wrote: »
    The one before the Christmas one or the Christmas one?

The first time I saw the last one, I was a bit WTF. But now I love it. I love his monologue to the dying dalek before he tears him open, scary bastard. I love when he's scary.

I'm writing my valentine's story at the mo. Poor Mike having to read it! :pac:

the one with the dalek monologue :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Think i have a premises sorted for my salon woop

Exciting! :D
    Posy wrote: »
    Ooh, fancy piercing! :)

I have 14 piercings, but they're all in my ears!! :o

Wow I thought I was bad with 7 - 3 in each earlobe and one at the top of my left ear.

Facebook chat is driving me insane!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy is such a pile of crap... but the remote's all the way over there

• Advertisement

Thanks a million, I had actually downloaded a temperature thing, didn't realise that was it.

Your a star Bluewolf.

Off to make cup cakes now :D Whoop!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement