Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Go for it lilmiss! Good luck & let us know how you get on :)

Had such a crap afternoon in work today :( really busy, and two people on who don't pull their weight. Glad I wasn't on til close, but I'm on til close with them both tomorrow evening, think I'm going to have to be medicated before I go in tomorrow :( I know I'll end up doing at least 75% of the work tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Maybe you can drag your b/f to see the vow ;-)

Ooh good idea.. Unfortunately I don't think I'm very persuasive.. :o

My pancakes were very successful despite getting off to a very rocky start.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Ooh good idea.. Unfortunately I don't think I'm very persuasive.. :o

My pancakes were very successful despite getting off to a very rocky start.. :D

send him here. we'll sort him out for ya ;)

go for it lilmiss i'm sure he'll be delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

UGH got the Facebook Timeline. Hate it.

musical.x wrote: »
    send him here. we'll sort him out for ya ;)

Noted. :D
    Lia_lia wrote: »
    UGH got the Facebook Timeline. Hate it.

I hate it too!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I don't understand facebook timeline, it's horrible! This may push me further towards being exclusively a twitter person.
    Also, the giant profile pic at the top does not do anyone any favours! :eek:

I wish I could change back to the profile... Don't like timeline at all! The only reason I changed to it was because I thought everyone was going to be changing to it anyway.. Now I'm stuck with it. :o

The thread is so quiet tonight.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I love the timeline! I think it's way better.

Sitting here at a friends 21st all alone. Whole everyone sits at the other side of the table ignoring me. As usual so

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Exactly what I thought musical.x! There’s only about 7/8 weeks left in the course anyway so hopefully I won’t have to talk to her too much.

I understand what you mean Tigger99 but she asked me why I was selling them. So she must have expected me to say someone I loved had been diagnosed with the condition or died from it. I wasn’t going to mention my uncle at all but she asked why I was collecting for the organisation so I felt I had to tell her then. Think I was only so upset about it because I couldn’t talk to anyone at home about it because it would upset them too. Ended up having to have a little cry in the shower because I didn’t want my Mam to know and get upset about it too. :(

Thanks, I’ll need a bit of luck selling them. They sent 20 each to me, my mam, my brother and my sister (as we were all tested for the condition by them) and none of them seem too bothered about selling the pins so basically it’s up to me to sell 80 of ‘em! A lot of my coursemates were out on Friday so I’m gonna bring some in on Monday and hopefully I’ll get a few takers. I’m not much of a salesperson though! :o

Thanks Posy. Wouldn’t normally let someone get to me like that but she is normally quite a kind, sympathetic person so her reaction really shocked me then. I don’t think she likes me, even though I have never given her a reason not to. That’s fine, she doesn’t have to like me, but she also doesn’t have to disrespect my uncle, especially since he’s not here to defend himself. It’s her problem, not mine.

Gave myself a day off from college work. Most of the work I should’ve done was for the tutor in question. She’ll get her essay drafts when I’m good and ready! Watched some new episodes of my usual programmes and ‘J. Edgar’ which was brilliant. :) The dinner scene near the end was so sad though.

Hey Jane! Yeah, it is fairly quiet here tonight. What ya up to? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Just in from the pub, caught up with my best friend who's home from Wales :) Had a great night, tired now though! Hope everyone else is having a good night.

• Advertisement

ISitting here at a friends 21st all alone. Whole everyone sits at the other side of the table ignoring me. As usual so

You okay XxMCRxBabyxX? x
    Mollikins wrote: »

I am currently browsing around here, chatting to a friend in Guadaloupe on Facebook, texting my boyfriend and watching Criminal Minds. :D What about you Mollikins? :)

ISitting here at a friends 21st all alone. Whole everyone sits at the other side of the table ignoring me. As usual so

You okay XxMCRxBabyxX? x

I am currently browsing around here, chatting to a friend in Guadaloupe on Facebook, texting my boyfriend and watching Criminal Minds. :D What about you Mollikins? :)

Ah I'm used to it. I'll survive :-)

Doesn't help that now I'm having a fight with the boyfriend

I'm debating if it's too late to watch a film. Also trying to tell myself that I do not need to buy new books off of the Book Depository because I've loads that I haven't read yet that are gathering dust!

Oooh I love Criminal Minds! Love me some Shemar Moore! :D What episode are you watching?

Hope you're night improves MCR. :)

Ah I'm used to it. I'll survive :-)

Doesn't help that now I'm having a fight with the boyfriend

Still can't be nice though. PM open if you wanna talk. Or share it here, as someone said the other day - we're better than Oprah.

Nearly fell off the chair with fright because I forgot I put toast on and the room was dead silent when it popped. :o

I'm debating if it's too late to watch a film. Also trying to tell myself that I do not need to buy new books off of the Book Depository because I've loads that I haven't read yet that are gathering dust!

Oooh I love Criminal Minds! Love me some Shemar Moore! :D What episode are you watching?

Hope you're night improves MCR. :)

Watch a short one? That's what I do if I'm the mood for one and it's the wee hours of the morning. I'm the same with books. Haven't read anything in ages but I have a press full of ones that are unread.

I love it too! Reid is my favourite but Morgan is also yummy! ;) The episode is called Supply & Demand, it's about a human trafficking case.

Watch a short one? That's what I do if I'm the mood for one and it's the wee hours of the morning. I'm the same with books. Haven't read anything in ages but I have a press full of ones that are unread.

I love it too! Reid is my favourite but Morgan is also yummy! ;) The episode is called Supply & Demand, it's about a human trafficking case.

Yeah I might try and find a short one. :) Waiting for the latest New Girl ep to load up atm.

Reid is so clueless about social things. It's so cute! :D But I think atm I prefer Morgan. If you've seen the episode called Snake Eyes you'll know why! :o
    Oh that ep is the last one of Season 6. Did you ever see the spin-off show they had last year?

I know, it is really cute! He looks adorable with glasses on. :o

Is that the episode that was on Friday night? If it involves a towel and making the :eek: face then it probably is.. ;)

I did see 5 or 6 of the episodes and I liked it I have to say. Was annoyed that it got cancelled.

I know, it is really cute! He looks adorable with glasses on. :o

Is that the episode that was on Friday night? If it involves a towel and making the :eek: face then it probably is.. ;)

I did see 5 or 6 of the episodes and I liked it I have to say. Was annoyed that it got cancelled.

Sooo cute!
    He has an eidetic memory now, not a photographic one! :p

It's the second most recent one that has been shown in America. Yeah it did involve a towel. My jaw dropped! :o

Myself and my sister liked it too. The cast were quite good. They didn't have enough money to support making both though and it was the reason that JJ and Emily were written out for a while so I'm not too disappointed that it went then. The actress that plays Emily is leaving for good soon though. :( I heard during the week.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Sorry you're not having a great night, XxMCRxBabyxX. Those people you're with sound like big meanies. :( xxx

I was reading about that eidetic memory online, it's really interesting. :)

I was like :eek: :P :o:D all at the same time when I saw that particular scene.

I really liked the cast of the spin-off as well. Maybe in the future they'll make more episodes. I heard that too about the actress that plays Emily. I heard a rumour too that Reid is leaving.. I hope it's not true because I love him! :eek:

@ MCR, hope your night gets better. x

• Advertisement

I was reading about that eidetic memory online, it's really interesting. :)

I was like :eek: :P :o:D all at the same time when I saw that particular scene.

I really liked the cast of the spin-off as well. Maybe in the future they'll make more episodes. I heard that too about the actress that plays Emily. I heard a rumour too that Reid is leaving.. I hope it's not true because I love him! :eek:

@ MCR, hope your night gets better. x

I was reading up about it too! There's a few famous people with it. The Daniel Tammet guy sounds really interesting.

I got waaaaaay too excited when I saw that scene. :o:D

Noooo! Reid can't leave too. I love the team the way they are right now. :(
    Will be interesting to see who they'll get to replace Emily. If she'll be similar personality wise, like.

Looking at the charms on the Pandora website. It's my Mams birthday in a couple of weeks and I'm thinking of getting her another charm for her bracelet. :)
    Only problem is I don't know what ones she has already!

I was reading up about it too! There's a few famous people with it. The Daniel Tammet guy sounds really interesting.

I got waaaaaay too excited when I saw that scene. :o:D

Noooo! Reid can't leave too. I love the team the way they are right now. :(
    Will be interesting to see who they'll get to replace Emily. If she'll be similar personality wise, like.

Looking at the charms on the Pandora website. It's my Mams birthday in a couple of weeks and I'm thinking of getting her another charm for her bracelet. :)
    Only problem is I don't know what ones she has already!

Yeah I was going to read up on him, he sounds interesting. :)

Haha that's understandable, he's a very attractive man.. ;)

I don't want him to leave, it won't be the same if he does. I really like the character of Garcia too. I noticed her knitting and it convinced me knitting was cool. :p

Yeah I was going to read up on him, he sounds interesting. :)

Haha that's understandable, he's a very attractive man.. ;)

I don't want him to leave, it won't be the same if he does. I really like the character of Garcia too. I noticed her knitting and it convinced me knitting was cool. :p

I remember seeing him on Richard & Judy years ago. He says that every number and letter has a colour and a personality. He also has 2 books out which probably isn't helpful to me atm since I'm trying not to buy any!

Steady on now Jane! :eek:
    And here was me thinking you were an innocent girl! :p

I like Garcia too but she's a little OTT for me sometimes. I guess they saw her as a bit of light relief because everything else is so grim and gruesome.
    Wish I had the patience to knit. It must be a great feeling when you've finished a piece. :)

Better head to bed soon. Have some essays to do tomorrow so I'll have to get up a reasonable time in order to get them all done.
    Night Jane! :)

I remember seeing him on Richard & Judy years ago. He says that every number and letter has a colour and a personality. He also has 2 books out which probably isn't helpful to me atm since I'm trying not to buy any!

Steady on now Jane! :eek:
    And here was me thinking you were an innocent girl! :p

I like Garcia too but she's a little OTT for me sometimes. I guess they saw her as a bit of light relief because everything else is so grim and gruesome.
    Wish I had the patience to knit. It must be a great feeling when you've finished a piece. :)

Better head to bed soon. Have some essays to do tomorrow so I'll have to get up a reasonable time in order to get them all done.
    Night Jane! :)

I know a girl that associates numbers with colours actually now that I think of it. :)

Well I may seem to be innocent but my bf and my friends will tell you different! :p

I love knitting.. I'm going to try a jumper or something soon. I usually only knit small things like scarves and teddies but it would be great if I got something to wear out of my hobby. :)

I'm getting very tired all of a sudden too.. Night night. :)

Well tonight turned into the hugest pot of drama ever...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Well tonight turned into the hugest pot of drama ever...

You ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Posy wrote: »
    I don't understand facebook timeline, it's horrible! This may push me further towards being exclusively a twitter person.
    Also, the giant profile pic at the top does not do anyone any favours! :eek:

nooo, the timeline is awesome, its back to what facebook used to look like before they changed it and everyone whinged about it, begone pre-timline sh1tty facebook, begone! you can change the big pic to anything, mine was nyan cat for ages, its not your profile pic just your banner nobody sees it unless they go onto your page

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I didn't make a move, but we chatted a lot and he gave me (and two others) a lift home....ugh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

Dying!! Like really actually dying! Actually thats a lie, think im still drunk!!! Drink is so bold! Really good night though! Just me and two of the girls and we had a great laugh! Need sleep now! Night...zzzzzzzzz

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Just a quick update to let ye know BabyTheTerrible is here! We're back home, and while I'm pretty tired and sore etc, I'm very very happy, he's gorgeous! Hopefully sometime in the next year I'll have time to catch up on this thread! :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement