Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harrys Future

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Levy: No comment. Says it all really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Levy: No comment. Says it all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Arry to leave end of season and Jose to take over.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

He will go, but i think he'll stay on till the end of the season. Can't see him leaving now. I just hope to god Levy can find a good replacement, and if needed, throw a load of money at whoever it is. We need to at least get the name attached to the job, to keep anyone from wanting to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

FA news conference today i think. Hopefully things will be a little clearer after that. If Harry leaves now we will be unlikely to find a replacement until the end of the season. Hiddink? Moyes? Not really inspired by any of the names out there to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Fairly obvious Redknapp will decide to take on the England job. I’ve always regarded him highly, if he spoke more eloquently and wasn’t such a media wh0re people’s opinions would change dramatically. Personally that’s what I like about him, he’s a normal geezer.

Klinsmann – No
    Hughton – No
    The list goes on for me…….
    Hiddink is the only one that comes to mind, every other manager mentioned here is mediocre.

Just as we’re starting to cement ourselves as a regular top four side this happens. I’m sure rivals clubs are loving this, I feel we’ll be back to mid-table mediocrity in no time and a mass exodus to follow.
    Redknapp won't leave until the season finishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,637 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I dont think there is any chance he will leave before end of season.
    They will either put Harry part time for the one remaining friendly before Euro's and then full time or they will let Pearce look after that 1 game.

I expect a big reaction for our lads vs Newcastle but it will be interesting to see how they preform in the games that follow...

Sugarlumps wrote: »

Just as we’re starting to cement ourselves as a regular top four side this happens. I’m sure rivals clubs are loving this, I feel we’ll be back to mid-table mediocrity in no time and a mass exodus to follow.

Yes, this is the real risk. It will be very hard to swallow if that becomes the reality.

I guess we have to trust Levy ... I hope he's learned his lesson re: Santini, Ramos etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭golfball37

Talk of a conspiracey here is bunkem. Harruys odds dropped because he is the best candidate by a mile. The only thing holding him back was the spectre of a criminal conviction which has now passed.

Capello resigned therefore foregoing a large severence payment. Nobody could have predicted that in all fairness.

Talk of Morhinho & Guardiaola is pure fantasy. We can't afford them and can't attract them, the only reason we can even dream of getting them is because of where harry has brought us. There's lots of football fans across Europe who know of THFC now and thats all down to Arry imo.

One way or d'other I hope this is sorted soon, what we don't need is harmful speculation which will derail our season. We all know Modric is off in the summer regardless of what we win or who is in charge but further damage on the pitch will see Bale join him and then we are back to the pack, where we were pre Harry.

A crucial few months in our history coming up you feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

All this conspiracy talk....Cmon lads..

Would it not be better now he is cleared not to take the England Job and all the crap that goes with it?

To old to get another chance at England Job? Don't Agree..How old is Trappatoni? 72 ish. Ferguson is 70..would ya turn him down as a manager?

I would hate Harry to go but I reckon he will and will stay with us until May and mange the one game in-between for England.

Who would be next....Don't Know

But whoever it is would inherit a superb team that has massive potential and really challenge

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Everything In Its Right Place

wish there was a managers transfer window!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

lets face it...he was always gonna take the england job,the only difference is that hes gonna take it 5 months earlier that expected.im sure he'll see the job tru with us till may and leave us in a great position to attract a good manager to replace him.
    1 good thing about it is the fact that we have over 6 months to bring in the right man to build on what is already a great squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

I'd be disappointed if he did leave after all the support form the fans and the club before and during the trial ...

If he did go then i'm not sure how big a named manager we will get in .. Our transfer budget won't be big, the wage structure won't change alot .. it wouldn't surprise me if Tim Sherwood didn't step into the shoes

re: Possible new manager

What about Villas Boas?
    If RA gets rid this summer as expected ...

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    I'd be disappointed if he did leave after all the support form the fans and the club before and during the trial ...

If he did go then i'm not sure how big a named manager we will get in .. Our transfer budget won't be big, the wage structure won't change alot .. it wouldn't surprise me if Tim Sherwood didn't step into the shoes

our transfer budget has to huge these days,we only bought parker for £6 million and sold over £30 million worth of players since the summer alone,plus when you take in champions league and t.v. money theres going to be a massive war chest for the new manager to spend.
    levy knew this was coming...probably why we didnt do much business in the transfer window.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Fairly obvious Redknapp will decide to take on the England job. I’ve always regarded him highly, if he spoke more eloquently and wasn’t such a media wh0re people’s opinions would change dramatically. Personally that’s what I like about him, he’s a normal geezer.

Klinsmann – No
    Hughton – No
    The list goes on for me…….
    Hiddink is the only one that comes to mind, every other manager mentioned here is mediocre.

Redknapp won't leave until the season finishes.

That's a bit much.
    Although It'll be a challenge for Levy to get the right man to continue the good work over the last 24 months.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

What about Villas Boas?

Ye never know..could be a decent shout. If they finish outside the top 4, Roman will have a big decision to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DamienKilmurray

What about Villas Boas?

I think Chelsea will sack him and bring Mourinho back in the summer, but I wouldn`t be a fan of bringing him to White Hart Lane. I don`t think he`s expierenced enough to take us forward to be honest. Guus Hiddink for me would be a better choice at the moment.

On another possible Manager, what do you guys think of Ottmar Hitzfeld??
    His record is second to none. Recently voted the Worlds 3rd greatest manager ever, greatest Bundesliga manager of all time and greatest Bayern Munich manager also. He has won the European cup twice with 2 different clubs, 9 domestic titles (7 in Germany, 2 in Switzerland), 8 domestic cups.
    He`s currently coaching the Swiss national team and they have no Euro 2012 to worry about either.

http://footballpantheon.com/2011/07/the-50-greatest-managers-of-all-time/6/

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭oppiuy

I wasnt Harrys biggest fan a couple of years ago and probably stated as much here but the man has taken us to eights i have never seen and thought id never see. He has changed our club and if he does decide to leave i wish him all the best and thank him for what he does done for us.

Who next?

I dont know but i think it has to be a big name and a proven winner to keep some of the players happy and attract some new stars.

New song for Saturday mayb

Arry dont go,
    Arry dont goooooooo,
    This is the best trip, we've ever been on. All together now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

He was just interviewed briefly on Sky coming out of his house I think? Said he’s just concentrating on the game on Saturday.

Bombarded with a ton of questions and has asked for some privacy. Media meltdown folks.

• Advertisement

just saw the interview...."my focus is only on tottenham",sounds like he'll stay till the end of the season.i hope this is true.in my book he can go after we have qualified for the champions league.

stuart pearce to take over for the friendly game v holland..good news i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

On another possible Manager, what do you guys think of Ottmar Hitzfeld??
    His record is second to none. Recently voted the Worlds 3rd greatest manager ever, greatest Bundesliga manager of all time and greatest Bayern Munich manager also. He has won the European cup twice with 2 different clubs, 9 domestic titles (7 in Germany, 2 in Switzerland), 8 domestic cups.
    He`s currently coaching the Swiss national team and they have no Euro 2012 to worry about either.

http://footballpantheon.com/2011/07/the-50-greatest-managers-of-all-time/6/[/QUOTE]

Best shout I've heard to be honest. I think he ticks pretty much all the boxes, also speaks fluent English. Switzerland were the only team to beat Spain at the World Cup.

I was gonna suggest Slaven Bilic, cos he might get Luka to stay, but he has no club experience.

Moyes would be solid but not sure he would take us forward.

Harry Redknapp today said he has “not even thought about” becoming the next England manager.

The Tottenham boss, who was cleared yesterday of tax evasion charges, is the firm favourite to replace Fabio Capello, who resigned last night after talks with Football Association chairman David Bernstein.

Redknapp spoke as he left his home near Poole today, and played down talk of him stepping in to guide the team at Euro 2012.

He said on Sky News: “I’ve not even thought about it. I’ve got a job to do

He's some man for the quotes, no wonder the media love him so much!

Ottmar Hitzfeld - abso-f**king-lutely.
    Slavin Bilic - nah
    Moyes - would do well I think

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bogtreader

There is a possibility Laurent Blanc is free after the Euros
    I wonder what anyones opinion on him is

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Woodgate

Jurgen Klinsmann would be the man for the job.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

In reality could see it being Moyes. Thing is though we need a bit of star pulling power.

Luka & Bale could easily gone for say £70/80m for the two. Between that and champions league money a new manager could have £100m to rebuild the squad. Hopefully they'll stay but it's a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Woodgate wrote: »
    Jurgen Klinsmann would be the man for the job.

Not much of a success in the coaching world so far, will be interesting to see how he gets on with the USA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

Harry be mad to leave. He said it himself in June it’s a poison chalice. If the ENG job goes belly-up he won’t get a better job/team in football again. Saying that he's probably going to jump down the FA's throat.

Advertisement