Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harrys Future

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

A lot of people saying Moyes has done great on a limited budget. True, but what will he do with a decent budget ? Not many everton starters would make the spurs XI so can he make signings that will get us further then good aul 'Arry did ? Doubtful.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

If he is gone i'l be sad to see him go, has worked wonders with us. We have came a long way since the Ramos nightmare. Its probably best he leaves after the way the season ended. Hearing things like he never contacted any loan players and the horror of the set pieces really put a bad sheen on the whole thing. But he did so much for the club so he should be remembered fondly, well by me anyway.

As for replacements, Moyes no thanks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

My only real worry with Moyes would be that he probably doesn't have the star pulling power that the like of Rafa or Capello would have. Might struggle to bring in big name players that we could under more successful managers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Agree on Moyes, not convinced, but there is always someone suspended in the betting straight away. Wouldn't be surprised if it's Martinez.
    And Martinez would be an improvement on Redknapp would he ?

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

BBC sport saying his departure was confirmed this evening. See here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Like many here I have very mixed feelings about this. I was genuinely sad to hear the news this morning as Harry has done wonders for Spurs. It's tough to think that a manager that finished 4th, 5th and 4th in 3 consecutive seasons has had to leave. I wonder if Martin Fulop had actually played like a PL keeper against Arsenal would Harry still be leaving?

I'm not sure who I'd like to see installed next. Moyes seems like the logical choice, though as many have pointed out while he's done well with a limited budget, would he do better with a bigger budget? I don't think the pulling power of the manager is that important any more - we still signed good players with 'lesser' managers, but he's been at Everton for years - will he be adaptable to managing a team with higher ambitions, both in terms of player purchases and league places?

Sky News mentioned Capello - what would we think of him? And non-Spurs fans keep mentioning Benitez. I have no problem admitting that the thought of him doesn't fill me with glee, but there's no denying his credentials and abililty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Harry only itching to get on sky this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spursman11

sad,sad day,we have come a long way since Harry joined us,we can all speculate that we could have reached champons league with this squad but Harry did,hard to know whos next ut the hardest job now will be keeping the players like Van der Vaart and Modric,Bale.
    Need stability or else we will meet Liverpool and the rest mid table

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

moyes and martinez are a step back

we need capello or we are going back to mid table

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

Bloody gutted to see Harry go :(
    This is just like when Martin Jol went.
    I think there was no love loss in the end between Harry and Levy.
    I think Harry wanted to take the England job but that was scuppered by Levy's compo demands.
    All the best Harry.
    Thanks for all the great memories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭golfball37

yidweiser wrote: »
    Bloody gutted to see Harry go :(
    This is just like when Martin Jol went.
    I think there was no love loss in the end between Harry and Levy.
    I think Harry wanted to take the England job but that was scuppered by Levy's compo demands.
    All the best Harry.
    Thanks for all the great memories.

Harry was never even considered for England by the people who were making the appointment. Trevor Brooking can't stand Harry.

No approach was ever made to Spurs so Levy never had to issue any compensation demands.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,637 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Sad for Harry but at least he gets about a £2M payoff which after tax is about £2M. Boom boom.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Sad for Harry but at least he gets about a £2M payoff which after tax is about £2M. Boom boom.

a day old mate ;) , but I heard 3m..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,637 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Only a year left on contract.. He wasnt on 3m a year was he?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Only a year left on contract.. He wasnt on 3m a year was he?

That's what I heard, could be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

i dont like the man as i have said many times on here before.
    but i can not fault the job he done in stabalising the team. take out the last four months and it was geat being a spurs fan. add in those four months n take the 3.5-4 years harry was there and it was great being a spurs fan.

thanks for your time at the lane harry

Advertisement