Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harrys Future

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Bugger anyway :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

FA conference tomorrow at midday, no comment from our own Daniel Levy, Jose 2/1 to take over at spurs now....

Jesus its never a ****ing dull moment at spurs is it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Jose won't be going anywhere until summer at the earliest

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DamienKilmurray

Jose won't be going anywhere until summer at the earliest

I agree. He will want to go and win La Liga this season then leave in the summer. There will be plenty more clubs looking for him, Man City if Mancini doesn`t deliver the Premiership and even a return to Chelsea I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

levy and harry should be quick to make a statement public to say weather he is staying or going i feel.

the fact the english fa are doing one first is worrying i feel

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Would we settle on Tim Sherwood or someone handling the team till the summer if we could and José then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

ziedth wrote: »
    Would we settle on Tim Sherwood or someone handling the team till the summer if we could and José then?

Not a chance, he'd field an illegible player and get us kicked out of the league:o

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Undercover

Can't believe so many of you are favour of bringing Mourinho to the Lane. Wouldn't have him anywhere near the club, no time for the man nor the cynical tactics he's brought to the game. From the diving & theatrics of Porto to the snarling gamesmanship of Real. No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,637 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

1 year ago, 2 years ago - I'd have biten your arm off for Mourinho.

But I have to say the prospect of watching spurs play the kind of football chelsea played under Mourinho having been spoiled by HR's flyers in the last 2-3 years makes me very uncomfortable.

Yes, I'd rather trophies in the cabinet over fancy football and mid table fodder but still ...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

1 year ago, 2 years ago - I'd have biten your arm off for Mourinho.

But I have to say the prospect of watching spurs play the kind of football chelsea played under Mourinho having been spoiled by HR's flyers in the last 2-3 years makes me very uncomfortable.

Yes, I'd rather trophies in the cabinet over fancy football and mid table fodder but still ...
    The big attraction for me is that we would likely continue our progression under Jose while we could easily slip away under another less astute manager

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Plus, his name alone would likely keep our current big name players from even considering leaving.

the prospect of watching spurs play the kind of football chelsea played under Mourinho having been spoiled by HR's flyers in the last 2-3 years makes me very uncomfortable.

This season Real Madrid have scored more goals and won more games than Barcelona?

This season Real Madrid have scored more goals and won more games than Barcelona?

Have they ... dont follow the spanish stuff at all. Well thats a little reassuring but with the players at his disposal there's no excuse for not scoring a hat full of goals.
    Apart from the goal, what style of the football are they playing like... is it still similar to his reign at chelsea and inter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Long as we don't do a Villa and get someone of McLeish's calibre in

Gus Hiddink has thrown his hat in the ring for the england job.

So.. I'll get the ball rolling with a few names.

no particular order or prefence, in fact I dont want some of these but they will me mentioned

Mourinho
    Capello
    Moyes
    O'Neill
    Hiddink
    Mancini (if sacked by city)
    Klinsmann
    Jol (okay thats stretching it abit unless Levy drops dead).

IMHO this whole scenario with the England manager was planned. The FA knew that undermining Capello by stripping Terry of the captaincy would force his hand to resign. The England camp is a shambles of late with a lot of unrest,and the only way that they would have a chance at the Euro`s is by getting Harry Redknapp in. Its a strange coincidence that the day Harry gets cleared in court, Capello resigns. Betting went to 1/2 for Harry as England Manager moments after he was cleared of the second charge earlier today. I think Daniel Levy like all of us, had already been planning for Harry`s departure in the summer, but I also believe that nothing happens in the game that those involved in it don`t know about, and he would have probably known about what has just happened today. My heart hopes that Harry stays, but my head says he won`t. As i said in an earlier post, his interview earlier today outside court sounded like a goodbye to me.

What odds on Scott Parker been named the next england captain?

would love to have stuck a few quid on that 2-3 days ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

What about klinsman?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

mickman wrote: »
    What about klinsman?

Pass.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

bogtreader wrote: »
    La Liga is a glorified Scottish premier league.
    That is nearly bankrupt
    If Man city dont win the title Mancini will be sacked Mourhino will step in there.
    Sorry for going of topic

:eek:
    Off topic so forget it.

mickman wrote: »
    What about klinsman?

I wouldn`t mind giving Klinsmann a shot at it. He knows the club and its traditions. The only thing that worries me is we`ve been down that road with ex players as manager like Ardiles and Hoddle and we failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

I think if we are to progress as a club we have to attract a really top manager. I think that we should try get Pep Guardiola, Mourinho or maybe Hiddink.

Of those 3 I dont think Hiddink like the day to day nature of club football, Mourinho misses England and would come to Spurs while waiting for Fergie to resign at United, and possibly bring Ronaldo too if he would take a wage cut.
    Pep has won everything at Barca, he speaks English and said he would like to manage outside Spain one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

kakee wrote: »
    I think if we are to progress as a club we have to attract a really top manager. I think that we should try get Pep Guardiola, Mourinho or maybe Hiddink.

Of those 3 I dont think Hiddink like the day to day nature of club football, Mourinho misses England and would come to Spurs while waiting for Fergie to resign at United, and possibly bring Ronaldo too if he would take a wage cut.
    Pep has won everything at Barca, he speaks English and said he would like to manage outside Spain one day.

If we're to be honest with ourselves, both Mourinho and Guardiola are out of our league. And Ronaldo leaving Real Madrid to join Spurs? Why leave the biggest club in the world to join a club that hasn't won a title in 40 years?

I'd love to see O'Neill in, though I'm sure there are quite a few haterz on here :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Klinnsman wouldn't be awful but he's nit going to keep Bale & Co or bring in any big guns.

If we're goons go that route I'd go for Hughton.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭colly_browy

Look at the effect Martin O Neill has had with a very limited and underperforming Sunderland side (up to 8th this weekend), and look at Villa since he's left. That's a Redknapp-like turn around! Remind anyone of what happened to Spurs/Pompey a couple of years ago.

MoN is a decent man with a vast knowledge of the English game and wonderful track record for getting the most out of his teams and players love playing for him. I think he's the best man to fill harry's shoes and continue his great work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Would be gutted if Harry left but it looks likely to happen one way or another in the next few months.

My own personal nightmare would be if Benitez came in.
    I would be so fcuking sick.

Hiddink's the best option (but he's no Harry ;))

Apart from the goal, what style of the football are they playing like... is it still similar to his reign at chelsea and inter?

He gets stick everywhere he goes for playing playing style but his stats speak for themselves. 9yrs unbeaten at home whilst in charge of four different clubs, 69% wins, average 2 goals per game, CL winner with two clubs.

Look at the effect Martin O Neill has had with a very limited and underperforming Sunderland side (up to 8th this weekend),
    Second that, I think Martin O'Neill would be a great manager, he left Villa because the club had no ambition and sold their best players without re-investing. Did I read that he was not given the England job last time round because he failed a computer simulated tactics test?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I hope to f**k harry turns down the England job and stays at Spurs,why the hell would he want that poisoned chalice and all the stress that goes with it,especially after the heart probs he has had recently.

• Advertisement

Thing is Harry is 65 now so I doubt he'd have another shot at the england job if someone else had it for 6/8 years.

I have never fully warmed to him, as much as i respect what he has managed to achieve with us I can't "like" him. I'll be gutted to see him go but he is English through and through so why would he turn down the job even though we are by far the better option.

Advertisement