Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harrys Future

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Hatch99 wrote: »
    mushykeogh wrote: »
    3rd in the league, quarter finals of the fa cup. Just think about how long you have supported spurs and how those positions sound.
    How many of us would have taken that now if offered at the start of the season?

Of course we would have taken it at the start of the season, I'm not disputing that. It's the behavious of our manager that annoys me. As I said in the other thread, the acid test starts against stoke, we'll soon see how great our manager is.

This is true. If we fail to beat Stoke then we are in real danger of falling out of the top 4. We have taken 4 points from a possible 24 this season , this would point to the fact that we are in a false position

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

mickman wrote: »
    3rd in the league, quarter finals of the fa cup. Just think about how long you have supported spurs and how those positions sound.

Of course we would have taken it at the start of the season, I'm not disputing that. It's the behavious of our manager that annoys me. As I said in the other thread, the acid test starts against stoke, we'll soon see how great our manager is.

This is true. If we fail to beat Stoke then we are in real danger of falling out of the top 4. We have taken 4 points from a possible 24 this season , this would point to the fact that we are in a false position

4 points from playing the top 5 of course !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Season isn't over though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

irishmover wrote: »

Fair enough, but some of us prefer to look on the positive side of things :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

mickman wrote: »

How is it a false position? its as true a position as you can get for me. We only have one of the top 7 left to play.
    I know, but look back at the thread from the start of the season where people were predicting where we would finish, 1 point clear of arsenal in third with 10 games to go would have been snapped up!
    KingdomYid wrote: »
    Fair enough, but some of us prefer to look on the positive side of things :)

Exactly, the first poor run all season and forum is complete doom and gloom, we lost three in a row but utd and everton didnt exactly play us of the pitch.

Come wednesday we could be 1 point away from dropping out of the top four, or we could beat stoke, city beat chelsea and we are 7 points clear of fifth place with 9 games to go!.

As for Harry, he is doing what everyone serious about their profession does, being cagey in an attempt to get the best deal for themselves. The same way neither Bale or Modric never committed themselves to spurs when there was talk of utd/chelsea sniffing around last season. To think a manager is going to have some ethical/moral/romantic dedication to a club is ludicrous in this era (bar ferguson who has literally built a club up from the ground).

Every time i see someone here mention Mourhino as a possible candidate for next spurs manager i laugh. Seriously lads, i probably have as much chance as being the next manager as Jose coming to us. We dont have the cash, simple as.

Harry drives me mad sometimes,and i question alot of his decisions, but before he came here, we were going down, since then he has got us to our highest premier league finish, beating inter and ac in the champions league and in pole position to finish 3rd this year. Have a bit of faith, 6 weeks ago everyone was singing his praises, and now after 3 games people here calling for him to get the sack if we didnt beat bolton. Fcuk me lads, the over reaction on here is hysterical sometimes.

Up the spurs.

• Advertisement

We weren't going down or on the way down. Harry took over a top 6 squad which had won 2 points from the first 8 games of the season. He done well to get us back up to where we should have been but it was no miracle like he proclaims all the time.

Juande Ramos did not know what way to run an English side. It was a poor decision by Levy to sack Jol and bring him in.

The club has been building momentum since Joe Lewis got involved, incase you hadn't forgotten how well the club had been doing before Juande took over.

Harry is using what he's done with Spurs in the past 3.5 years everyday to talk him into a bumper offer from England. Claiming Spurs can win the league, basically because of him. Then claiming Spurs are overachieving, basically because of him. It's a joke, so when he leaves Spurs will be back down in the bottom half where they were for the first 8 games of one season?

In his court case he said "I am a fantastic football manager". Only one other person has really said that in the recent history of the game from what I recall. Jose Mourinho, who has more of reason to. Afterall Redknapp has only won one FA Cup so how can he really be a fantastic manager? But say it enough and I guess people will believe you.

We haven't scored a free kick since the last blue moon. He doesn't train set pieces, he doesn't train tactics. He tells players to "run about". He plays our best players out of position. When we lose he states to the media he's clueless as to how we lost the game. He's said it about every defeat. Surely you cant be that clueless? What sort of training session must it be like the Monday after a defeat under harry? The only thing he has going for him is man management, which alot of the time isn't great either.

The only way we'll finish 3rd this season is if Harry shuts the fcuk up and does his job properly and if he somehow decides to swallow his pride and play the setup which got us to third and 10 points clear in the first place.

Just look at how bad we've been doing since the Everton win in January. It's unbelievable how we're still in third with such woeful form. 8 points from 8 games. We finish 5th and dont win the FA Cup, whose fault is it then? Certainly wont be Harry's.

Harry has done very well for the club in terms of our positions and getting into the CL. He deserves some of the credit for what has happened to the club after a blip under Ramos. He is not our messiah though and there is a great club with a longer tradition than 3.5 years. Harry wants everyone to believe it was him and only him who got this club to where it is and when he goes the club will fall apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

We weren't going down or on the way down. Harry took over a top 6 squad which had won 2 points from the first 8 games of the season. He done well to get us back up to where we should have been but it was no miracle like he proclaims all the time.

Juande Ramos did not know what way to run an English side. It was a poor decision by Levy to sack Jol and bring him in.

The club has been building momentum since Joe Lewis got involved, incase you hadn't forgotten how well the club had been doing before Juande took over.

Harry is using what he's done with Spurs in the past 3.5 years everyday to talk him into a bumper offer from England. Claiming Spurs can win the league, basically because of him. Then claiming Spurs are overachieving, basically because of him. It's a joke, so when he leaves Spurs will be back down in the bottom half where they were for the first 8 games of one season?

In his court case he said "I am a fantastic football manager". Only one other person has really said that in the recent history of the game from what I recall. Jose Mourinho, who has more of reason to. Afterall Redknapp has only won one FA Cup so how can he really be a fantastic manager? But say it enough and I guess people will believe you.

We haven't scored a free kick since the last blue moon. He doesn't train set pieces, he doesn't train tactics. He tells players to "run about". He plays our best players out of position. When we lose he states to the media he's clueless as to how we lost the game. He's said it about every defeat. Surely you cant be that clueless? What sort of training session must it be like the Monday after a defeat under harry? The only thing he has going for him is man management, which alot of the time isn't great either.

The only way we'll finish 3rd this season is if Harry shuts the fcuk up and does his job properly and if he somehow decides to swallow his pride and play the setup which got us to third and 10 points clear in the first place.

Just look at how bad we've been doing since the Everton win in January. It's unbelievable how we're still in third with such woeful form. 8 points from 8 games. We finish 5th and dont win the FA Cup, whose fault is it then? Certainly wont be Harry's.

Harry has done very well for the club in terms of our positions and getting into the CL. He deserves some of the credit for what has happened to the club after a blip under Ramos. He is not our messiah though and there is a great club with a longer tradition than 3.5 years. Harry wants everyone to believe it was him and only him who got this club to where it is and when he goes the club will fall apart.

I just think all the doom and gloom is way over the top, a few weeks back nobody was mentioning poor tactics and poor form and now we have lost a few and our manager is clueless. A lot of your points do make sense but where we are now is something we could only dream of in our time supporting Spurs and this is down to Lewis, Levy, Jol, Harry and whoever else you want to mention, so just enjoy it lads and get behind the club 100%.

I do realise this thread is about Harry's future and you are entitled to your opinion, but come on lets be positive as all is still to play for. COYS!

KingdomYid wrote: »
    I just think all the doom and gloom is way over the top, a few weeks back nobody was mentioning poor tactics and poor form and now we have lost a few and our manager is clueless. A lot of your points do make sense but where we are now is something we could only dream of in our time supporting Spurs and this is down to Lewis, Levy, Jol, Harry and whoever else you want to mention, so just enjoy it lads and get behind the club 100%.

I do realise this thread is about Harry's future and you are entitled to your opinion, but come on lets be positive as all is still to play for. COYS!

I'm not really dooming and glooming, atleast thats not my intention, although our form in 2012 does show cracks, just like 2011 as mentioned.

I'm merely trying to point out that Redknapp glorifies himself far too much and he does not warrant to be doing such a thing as he has not won the league or won a cup, he has merely taken the club slightly higher than where it was before Jol left. He should be quiet and get on with his job then talk about how great he is in the summer.

I've been saying how limited Harry is since a few months after he took over Spurs. Just maybe not on here. He wasn't that bad for the first season with us though, in terms of media whoring. He's just gotten out of control and really does need to be taken down a peg. I just hope it's not via our league position.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,637 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Well Harry, we had 2 points from 8 games when you took over (as you like to keep telling us). How many points have we got from the last 8 games then?

Well Harry, we had 2 points from 8 games when you took over (as you like to keep telling us). How many points have we got from the last 8 games then?

8?!. Not so long ago every gooner i met wanted Arsene Wenger out, different tune now!

Harry wasnt the greatest manager earlier on in the season when we went 10 game unbeaten or whatever it was and i dont think he is the worst manager now that we are on a sh!t run. Not getting fourth will definitely be a disaster but there are 9 games left, 27 points to play for, il judge him at the end of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Why the fcuk does HR need to continuously comment on the future of Modric, and insist he'd find it hard to leave if offered x money. Not an ounce of class in the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Why the fcuk does HR need to continuously comment on the future of Modric, and insist he'd find it hard to leave if offered x money. Not an ounce of class in the man.

Agreed, but I also see him talking about a summer spending spree. My guess is he's trying to convince the players that he'll still be here in the summer in an attempt to get a positive reaction on the pitch.... :confused:

It will be interesting to see what Harry will say about Mata's goal today.

Any manager will be up in arms and will kick up a serious stink.

But if Harry wants to keep sweet with the FA he'll say sod all, mope about abit, blame bad luck etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

It will be interesting to see what Harry will say about Mata's goal today.

Any manager will be up in arms and will kick up a serious stink.

But if Harry wants to keep sweet with the FA he'll say sod all, mope about abit, blame bad luck etc.

was thinking this very thought myself.

In a way, its all John Terry's fault.
    He called Anton ferdinand a n**ger, The FA stripped him of the captaincey. Capello resigned. HR got linked with the job and the spurs team feel apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

In a way, its all John Terry's fault.
    He called Anton ferdinand a n**ger, The FA stripped him of the captaincey. Capello resigned. HR got linked with the job and the spurs team feel apart.

and i've noticed he was no where to be seen when JFK was shot.... hmmmmmmm makes u think.

I heard he was on the titanic that night too *hmmm*

Wasnt he seen leaving dublin with a heap of spuds around 1847?

We have complete disintegrated haven't we. Walker has gone backwards, likewise BAE.
    Did any one see the interview a few weeks ago with Caulker? Said he hadnt heard from anyone other than his youth team coach at Tottenham.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

Wasnt he seen leaving dublin with a heap of spuds around 1847?

We have complete disintegrated haven't we. Walker has gone backwards, likewise BAE.
    Did any one see the interview a few weeks ago with Caulker? Said he hadnt heard from anyone other than his youth team coach at Tottenham.

really? thats poor form.

keane=cock wrote: »
    really? thats poor form.

Pretty sure it was on sky sports, basically he said he would be happy to stay and swansea in order to get first team football, he was asked if harry had spoke to him about being involved in spurs next season and that was his response.

Seems slack, even if the assistant manager gives all the loanees a buzz every fortnight to say the boss is watching you and keep it up etc etc.

• Advertisement

I wonder what Levy is thinking at the moment. Never shy to wield the axe is he?

Levy has some massive decisions to make this summer.
    • Should HR stay or go?
    • Who should replace him if he does take the England job?
    • Does he take money for Modric and Bale now or risk their value going down due to poor form and getting closer to the end of their contract?
    • Does he spend big this summer on 3 defenders, a GK and at least 1 top class striker?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭golfball37

As i said here on another thread a while back we really need to cash in on Modric, he simply has stopped trying as he knows Arry is on way out.

One way or another harry will not be our manager next season.

I honestly dont think we'll get more then £15-16 million for Luka.
    We should take it and buy that dude from Sunderland thats doing so well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

That would be pretty bad going since we bought him for 16.5m.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

No way in hell should we be selling Modric, for anything, nevermind £15-16 million. He's one of our best players, and a fantastic midfielder. He might not be playing as well as he was last year, but name me one player (bar Parker and Freidel) who are still playing like they were?

It's not a problem with an individual, it's the team.

Remember the FFP rules are being implemented. Clubs are being monitored since last June. The value of players has peaked or will peak within the next 12 months if the FFP rules are being implemented properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

That's just nuts, I'd expect no lower than in the region of 30 mill plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

There's some pretty big ITK on another forum at the moment that Harry has already agreed to sign for England, but wanted to keep it quiet until after the season ended. The news got out, and the players revolted - in other words he's lost the dressing room.

Obviously a pinch of salt is required, but it would make sense considering the timing of it and the resulting performances. If true, our season is definitely over as there's no way the team will motivate themselves to get enough points for 4th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Definitely take it with a pinch of salt, didn’t Bale come out recently and say if Harry goes it’s no big deal once they find a suitable replacement. I’d also find it hard for players to just give up on the season with four games to play and lying fourth?

Advertisement