Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harrys Future

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Rumpled cappello is interested I would take him in a heart beat he'd do wonders for us IMO.

I'd also be happy with Capello. He's a great manager, and could do really well with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,637 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

keane=cock wrote: »
    i have heard a rumour modric was offered a 100k per week contract but has stalled on signing it til he finds out who the manager is next season.

anyone else hear this???

100k - thats a joke for a player of his calibre in the current market.

Kiith wrote: »
    I'd also be happy with Capello. He's a great manager, and could do really well with us.

Capello - he's like the anti-Redknapp: boring as fcuk, emotionless, never has anything interesting to say. Still, if he brought a few trophies in I could live with that .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Kiith wrote: »

Capello - he's like the anti-Redknapp: boring as fcuk, emotionless, never has anything interesting to say. Still, if he brought a few trophies in I could live with that .
    He also has serious pedigree and better tactically.

Don't get me wrong, I know we could do a lot worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

irishmover wrote: »
    Rumours springing up that HR's been offered a new deal.

Clubcall

Irish Independent

Harry denied it to Sky! Which to be honest I'm delighted with. 4m pound a year is far too much for him. He should be accepting a job on the same terms as his last contract.

Levy took him into the biggest club he's ever managed knowing that there was a tax evasion trial lingering over him. Gave him a very strong squad and the chance for him to work with the best players he's ever got to work with. Spurs have made Harry look like a very big manager but in truth he's just really done at spurs what he's done at every other club he's managed. Had players who like him, had players who dont. Got the team out of a rut and steadied the ship. Doesnt work on tactics or set pieces in training, puts his arms round players and tells them to run about. In truth he needs Spurs more than Spurs need him.

He's done well for the club but underachieved last season, could underachieve this season if things dont go right for the remainder. Half his time here could be spent underachieving yet to get a nice rise to 4m pound a year.

I trust Levy and consider him the best PL chairman in a long long time. However, if he offers 4m pound a year to Harry I think my opinion of him as a financial mastermind would wane hugely.

As for the 50m pound. Everybody should know that we would have atleast that, we havent spent big in 5 transfer windows. We've got tv and champions league money that hasnt been invested back into the club. We might have CL money this year. We sold a huge amount of deadwood for decent money and dropping the wage bill substantially. We have more deadwood to sell. I would be shocked if we didnt have way more than 50m pound at disposal. I dont believe though that we would spend 50m pound in one transfer window. We are building a new stadium, but I do hope current squad advancement funds aren't being used to aid the stadium build.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Valcin

If there was a decent possible replacement around I would have no problem with seeing harry go. He has been fine for us but for me, we are where we should be with a team that has the likes of bale, modric, vdv, ade and parker on it. Harry had gotten far too much credit. Levy is the real orchestrator of our success. Because ramos was so bad it makes harry look like a genius. He didn't make this team, levy did. I worry about the fact that vdv said last year in an interview that harry doesn't do any tactics bar the formation. I don't know how true that is but surely that kind of approach will only get us so far. I still want him to stay but only because I am scared of the likes of benitez being one of the only possible candidates or avb who would be a gamble. The recent heavy defeats I think showed harry up tactically.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Valcin wrote: »
    The recent heavy defeats I think showed harry up tactically.

Fair enough the Goons defeat but he was not shown up tactically against United. We dominated large periods of that game and the midfield, you cannot blame Harry for poor individual errors and certain players fault.

^^^^ I dunno man, thats a piss poor united team compared to previous years. Look how Bilbao took them apart last night. They are no great shakes.

^^^^ I dunno man, thats a piss poor united team compared to previous years. Look how Bilbao took them apart last night. They are no great shakes.

No great shakes but will still win the league IMO. I was at the game last Sunday and in no way were we outplayed or tactically outmastered, plus absence of Bale VdV and parker might just have made a difference.

• Advertisement

He brought Defoe on with 9 minutes to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

If Redknapp takes the England role, then I’d happily take Moyes. Bar Everton being slow starters each season, he has done a remarkable job during his tenure.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DamienKilmurray

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Source? If its the Daily Mail its not true.
    honestly cant remember.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Why doesn't he just shut his fcuking mouth and get on with the job he has.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/141153.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

He’s media whoré, it’s like the whole Modric saga again but under different circumstances. It can only disrupt the team.

Yeh I really do just want him gone from the club now. His antics over the last 6 weeks has made irreparable damage to my opinion of him.

Levy supposedly sends a letter to all PL managers telling them to shut up about a potential new England manager yet his own manager doesn't shut the fcuk up about it. Every day theres a new quote. Ridiculous.

He only cares about himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

irishmover wrote: »
    Yeh I really do just want him gone from the club now. His antics over the last 6 weeks has made irreparable damage to my opinion of him.

Levy supposedly sends a letter to all PL managers telling them to shut up about a potential new England manager yet his own manager doesn't shut the fcuk up about it. Every day theres a new quote. Ridiculous.

He only cares about himself.

Im unfortunately beginning to think the same. The way he goes on about this english thing is ridiculous. If we get beaten tomorrow or draw then he has to go

mickman wrote: »
    Im unfortunately beginning to think the same. The way he goes on about this english thing is ridiculous. If we get beaten tomorrow or draw then he has to go

:D imagine

I wouldn’t agree with getting rid of him before the season is out. True he’s gone down in my estimation regarding “England”. It’s very simple, when fielded with the question, just state you’ll only talk about Tottenham.

Were well capable of going on a winning streak and finishing 3rd, here's hoping a fantastic season doesn’t turn into a mediocre one.

• Advertisement

A little bit OTT IMO. I do agree that he should keep quiet about anything to do with England though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Are you for real?

It would be a bad idea to dump him now and it definitely won't happen. Levy won't sack him during the season. Infact i dovut he wiuld sack him at all considering teoney he would generate in compensation. Rumors are he's offered a new contract.

I do hope he's gone in the summer though. I also hope he finishes the season strong and gets us 3rd forcing England's hand.

It would be a bad idea to dump him now and it definitely won't happen. Levy won't sack him during the season. Infact i doubt he would sack him at all considering the money he would generate in compensation. Rumors are he's offered a new contract.

I do hope he's gone in the summer though. I also hope he finishes the season strong and gets us 3rd forcing England's hand.

In 4 weeks he's went from saying spurs can win the league to now saying spurs are overachieving.

KingdomYid wrote: »

A little bit OTT IMO. I do agree that he should keep quiet about anything to do with England though.

I dont mean he should be fired but levy should sit down with him and decide if he wants the England job or not

Over-achieveing, punching above our weight, fcuk off harry.. you've changed your tune all of a sudden.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Over-achieveing, punching above our weight, fcuk off harry.. you've changed your tune all of a sudden.

best possibe thing that could happen is the FA approace harry and he accepts he job. At the same time levy should announce that we are in talks with jose or some other high calibre manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

3rd in the league, quarter finals of the fa cup. Just think about how long you have supported spurs and how those positions sound.
    How many of us would have taken that now if offered at the start of the season?

• Advertisement

mushykeogh wrote: »
    3rd in the league, quarter finals of the fa cup. Just think about how long you have supported spurs and how those positions sound.
    How many of us would have taken that now if offered at the start of the season?

Of course we would have taken it at the start of the season, I'm not disputing that. It's the behavious of our manager that annoys me. As I said in the other thread, the acid test starts against stoke, we'll soon see how great our manager is.

Advertisement