Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No threads about Tera? Interesting...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Jimmy join me on Samael pvp server .. Char name Taen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Im pretty sure im on that server already Domination the zerker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

So I finally got it!

...The servers are down.

Edit:

PqflN.png
    T18yu.jpg

And it's raining outside... Great:(

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ShaneScouse

haha aye servers were bit wonky today, and d3 has been offline more then any recent mmo launch i can think of, its a fecking disgrace tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 32 teishen

Lads, I'm wondering could anyone sort me out with a friend code or whatever they're called? I'm hesitant to put any money down without trying first as I've been badly burned by SWTOR. PM me if so, I think it requires someone give you their email, but I'm not 100% on the specifics.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Started a Slayer recently having previously not really enjoying my priest,lancer,sorcerer.
    It just feels and plays right with the combat in this game.
    Whether or not i stay subbed is another thing.

Not a fan of this game!

I am playing as an archer and if I want to get into a party to do some instances I will have to reroll. This is due to archers being so underpowered making party leaders replace you with a more desirable class. I can shot normal arrows, a powerful piercing arrow, a poison arrow or a volley of arrows... There doesn't seem to be anything interesting done to the standard archer template to make the combat mechanics of Tera shine, Aiming my shots is boring and does not work very well(Invisible walls blocking arrows, Hitting mobs even thought they have moved, Missing mobs even thought it was a clear hit etc) it seems to be a broken system. However my biggest problem with the archer is the range of my shots, I can't hit anything outside of 19 or so metres which is about 3-4 seconds worth of time before an enemy reaches me. Killing BAMs results in a kitefest for 20 minutes as I slowly chip away at their health while attempting to not go out of range or get killed.

The items in Tera are boring, I don't think my armour/weapon models have changed at all since I started. I enjoy collecting armour and weapons based on their looks but judging from Tera so far, There only seems to be a few different models of armour and weapons for each race.

The world is nice but empty of any immersion, Go to hub A get quests, complete quests, Go to Hub B etc... The quest dialogue is terrible and the voice acting is worse.

The combat system is a step in the right direction for MMO's but Tera fails to use its potential, The standard MMO quest template does not work well with the combat mechanics. They take an old and boring system(Kill quests) and then make an interesting combat system and the result is a mediocre experience. The joy from killing creatures is interrupted every few minutes by having to run across the map to hand in/get more quests.

Items lack personality, Or so it seems as the only items that anyone is getting to +9 is "Rebirth ... ", Maybe I am wrong but it seems that there is only a few items to obtain at endgame that are viable which is a major let down. I was hoping there would at the very least be be a decent amount of items to obtain in the already lackluster end game.

Oh, And there also doesn't seem to be anyone playing it anymore, Most servers are on Medium low now.

I would give it a 5/10. It does some interesting things but it just seems like an unfinished game. There is very little to do in the world other than kill things which gets boring fast.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

There's a 7 day trial now for anyone who's interested.
    PcGamer wrote:
    If the in-browser 30 minute taster of TERA didn’t do enough to convince you to dive into Bluehole’s action-MMO, this seven day trial might do the trick. To get involved you can sign up for a free EnMasse account on the TERA site. You can battle your way to level 23 with up to eight characters. There will be a few typical free trial restrictions in place. You won’t be able to use the post system, post in area chat, form guilds or vote in TERA’s curious political system, but you will be able to carry your trial chracters into the full game if you choose to subscribe. Discover our verdict in the PC Gamer TERA review.

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/play-tera-free-for-seven-days

I got bored of it and wont be keeping any subs.
    Great combat ,fantastic graphics but mind numbing quests, cant believe they could shoot themselves in the foot like this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dcully wrote: »
    I got bored of it and wont be keeping any subs.
    Great combat ,fantastic graphics but mind numbing quests, cant believe they could shoot themselves in the foot like this.

I'm the same,haven't played it in about a month I'd say :o

• Advertisement

Guess it's a good thing i didn't buy it. Might play the new free trail, and get to max level (23) but i'm not sure i'll even bother with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 boarder294

ahhh, can't level fast like others do.. any tricks??

boarder294 wrote: »
    ahhh, can't level fast like others do.. any tricks??

what class ya rolling, I found 1-40 very fast lvling on any class even mystic. 40-50 is bit of a slog if solo and 50-60 is very big slog if solo.

Try duo for 40-60 if at all possible makes thing sooo much easier.

So anyone still playing Tera? I stopped playing due to holidays and work commitments but was really enjoying it prior to that. Was thinking of resubbing and just wanted to know peoples opionions and if the game has evolved at all? What is the player population like?

pretty fecking low tbh

pretty fecking low tbh

thats a pity! So its struggling then? Any new content patches? Do you see a future for the game.

It suffered from its poor quest lines but apart from that was a very solid game imo. Quest lines are an easy thing to fix post launch with new content and amendments to current quests.

Playboy wrote: »
    thats a pity! So its struggling then? Any new content patches? Do you see a future for the game.

It suffered from its poor quest lines but apart from that was a very solid game imo. Quest lines are an easy thing to fix post launch with new content and amendments to current quests.

The game is suffering from multiple angles.

Overall the game wasn't very good, The combat was decent however classes lacked any real depth and all felt the same. As I said in a previous post, No matter how good the combat system was, Having to run back and forth across zones to pick up and hand in kill quests destroyed any sense of immersion the game provided. A terrible quest system coupled with even worse voice acting/dialog set in a bland world destroyed any hope for a successful EU release.

Worse than all of this was the character models and their armour(Or lack of). The only way to describe it would be a perverted 12 year old's fantasy. This was something I thought could be ignored when I bought the game but when EVERYONE is running around as a female with next to no "armour" on in a MMO where social interaction is required then any chance of avoidance is impossible.

Then we the development releases, It first releases in KTera, Then in ATera and finally in ETera with each release having content removed so by the time it finally reached ETera we would have waited months and have a vastly inferior experience.

Finally there is the fact the worlds were always crashing(When I played a few weeks back). These worlds were on low population yet would crash once or twice per day for hours at a time.

Anyone thinking of resubbing/buying I would suggest avoid this game. Guild Wars 2 is out in a few weeks and is in a different league to Tera.

Its struggling in the sense its not gaining subs, theres a big patch out soon for it which does look good, and end game is very fun the instances are tricky but rewarding, not to shun what the lad above me said but its clear he never even got to endgame. but ye the pop has gone done an awfull lot and i cant see it going up. and the server and crash probs were during that enchant bug time, of about 10days and vexing but not a big deal and never had a crash before or since and you got free days for it.

but ye with gw2 on the horizon its hard to reccomend tera, let alone any mmo

Its struggling in the sense its not gaining subs, theres a big patch out soon for it which does look good, and end game is very fun the instances are tricky but rewarding, not to shun what the lad above me said but its clear he never even got to endgame. but ye the pop has gone done an awfull lot and i cant see it going up. and the server and crash probs were during that enchant bug time, of about 10days and vexing but not a big deal and never had a crash before or since and you got free days for it.

but ye with gw2 on the horizon its hard to reccomend tera, let alone any mmo

Is that patch the one that has been live in ATera for months now? Don't you see a problem when content that is already developed and translated is then delayed for months for no reason over than to dumb it down and censor it(Blood is removed from ETera because us Europeans are weak minded or something).

I actually started playing after the enchant bug so was not given any extra gametime when the servers went down for hours without any communication from Frogster.

True I have never gotten to endgame but you can't deny that there is a severe lack of item progression and limited item models.

Is that patch the one that has been live in ATera for months now? Don't you see a problem when content that is already developed and translated is then delayed for months for no reason over than to dumb it down and censor it(Blood is removed from ETera because us Europeans are weak minded or something).

I actually started playing after the enchant bug so was not given any extra gametime when the servers went down for hours without any communication from Frogster.

True I have never gotten to endgame but you can't deny that there is a severe lack of item progression and limited item models.

oh i agree with ya for most part, but alot still enjoy it and the endgame is good craic, so its not all doom and gloom, ive seen alot worse mmos in last few years swtor comes to mind, but i do worry for it esp with gw2 coming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 boarder294

So you sayin the Patch didn't fix anything?

...bump!

Tera going Free to Play February 2013!
    Our philosophy is to add to what we already offer instead of restricting existing content. We've added an in-game shop where players can choose to buy costumes, mounts, and consumables, but the core of the game will be 100% free.

Only a matter of time, for this and pretty much any MMO on the market. We'll see how 'free' it actually is. Too many games have such terrible models (The Old Republic and Aion (EU) come to mind).

Actually, looking at the FAQ, it's a pretty good free option, especially if you bought it before.
    Account Tiers Elite Status Standard Founder
    Cost 30 days, $14.99 Free Free
    Character Slots 2 per server
    (May purchase more) 2 per server
    (May purchase more) 8 per server
    (Max)
    Character Race and Class No limitations
    Access to all Zones and Dungeons No limitations
    In Game Title None None "Founder" title
    Dungeon Entries Cooldown 1/2 (between enteries)
    Double Daily Entries Default Default
    Bonus Dungeon Rewards 2 Valkyon's Response 1 Valkyon's Response 1 Valkyon's Response
    Daily Bonus Quests
    20 Per Day 10 Per Day 10 Per Day
    Consumables*
    One fiery halo
    NPC summon scrolls
    10 strongbox keys
    One Village Atlas
    None None
    Daily Items and Bonuses XP, Gold and Reputation boosts** None None
    Special Mount Elite Mount (TBD) None Exclusive Terminus Mount***
    Bank Inventory slot 72 Slots (May purchase more) 72 Slots (May purchase more) 288 Slots (Max)
    Send Gold via Parcel Unlimited 10 Gold cap per message Unlimited
    Brokerage Postings (Simultaneous) 50 10 30
    Brokerage Register Fee (Earnest) 0% 5% 5%
    Brokerage Sales Fee 10% 15% 15%
    Store Discount on Selected items Yes
    (Specifics TBD) No No

Notes *Elite consumables will be delivered through the item claim, but the "daily items" and "mount" are accessed from the elite status hotbar.

**1 boost of each type (4 types of boosts) given out per day. XP boost only applies to monster kills. Gold Boosts applies to quest and monster gold. Each boost is a 100% increase.

***Terminus Mount is permanent and you may redeem it from the item claim and train it on all characters on your founder account.

Ill definitely play Tera where it goes F2P, the best MMO of the last 12 months imo.
    Doesnt look too restricting either especially if you bought the game before.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

Combat and BAM soloing made it a more enjoyable experience than guild wars 2 for me. Its a shame the population is so low and the storyline and questing so bad.

Hopefully this will help with buffing the player base.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Going to get into this when it goes F2P. Does anyone know will it be completely F2P or is it just going no sub, where you will have to buy the game first? If so I might as well pick it up now and get the account benefits now as the 30 day sub will take me into F2P next month!

Also has anyone played a Lancer? I really like the idea behind them, looks different to anything I've played in an MMO before but I have a feeling they could be somewhat boring compared to the other melee classes? Also how do the ranged classes like Priest fare? Would you be missing out on the melee goodness or are they fun also?

Combat and BAM soloing made it a more enjoyable experience than guild wars 2 for me. Its a shame the population is so low and the storyline and questing so bad.

Hopefully this will help with buffing the player base.

Better game in every respect than GW2 imho.

Lancer is enjoyable for instances etc but very slow to level.
    I played one to mid 30s and a healer ,could be priest or cleric or something, the healing is cool,healing circles on ground etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

Big Knox wrote: »
    Going to get into this when it goes F2P. Does anyone know will it be completely F2P or is it just going no sub, where you will have to buy the game first? If so I might as well pick it up now and get the account benefits now as the 30 day sub will take me into F2P next month!

Also has anyone played a Lancer? I really like the idea behind them, looks different to anything I've played in an MMO before but I have a feeling they could be somewhat boring compared to the other melee classes? Also how do the ranged classes like Priest fare? Would you be missing out on the melee goodness or are they fun also?

As a lancer you are locked into tanking forever, so thats somewhat limiting, apart from that grinding is a lot slower but safer, you can still solo BAMs and stuff like that, with a warrior you can at least swap between light tanking and heavy dps.

The ranged dps classes have their own tricks to keep things interesting, you still have to perform all the jumps and maneuvering to stay out of range and perform damage so i dont think you are missing anything really.

I played Slayer, archer, warrior and lancer and found them all a lot of fun. Berserker gets fewer skills than other classes and is generally a lot slower in dealing and avoid damage which i wasn't a fan of.

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    Better game in every respect than GW2 imho.

Ah come on now. The combat is better, no doubt. But that's about it. It's a great looking game, with an excellent combat system, that is majorly let down by it's bland questing system. Plus, as good as it looks, i'd have to turn the game off as soon as anyone walks into the room. If someone saw the Elin characters running around in that armour...there'd be some questiongs asked :o

And i know you said imo, but still :P

Advertisement