Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No threads about Tera? Interesting...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Where abouts are you in the world now? We should do some stuff together!

Im only lvl 12 atm just started the quests after you leave the big city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Illius

Anyone playing on Samael? :p
    I have a level 42 warrior and a level 24 zerker there if anyone wants to join me?
    Zerkers name is Barakael
    Warrior's is Illius

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

only level 3 here :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Illius wrote: »
    Anyone playing on Samael? :p
    I have a level 42 warrior and a level 24 zerker there if anyone wants to join me?
    Zerkers name is Barakael
    Warrior's is Illius

Me and the missus are on there .. both level 20 atm. Taen and Philadona

Just a warning for you lads ;) This game is dangerous.
    There i was earlier making a new priest.
    In walks the wife and a friend as im staring at the screen choosing hair style.
    All i hear is "what the hell are you playing" "what sort of game is this" "why do they all have big boobs" "do they have to have short skirts" "what do you actually do in a game like this"

:o:o:o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Dcully wrote: »
    Just a warning for you lads ;) This game is dangerous.
    There i was earlier making a new priest.
    In walks the wife and a friend as im staring at the screen choosing hair style.
    All i hear is "what the hell are you playing" "what sort of game is this" "why do they all have big boobs" "do they have to have short skirts" "what do you actually do in a game like this"

:o:o:o
    Simply point them to this:

Nody wrote: »

I took your advice lol i think it made it worse, they think im totally insane :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

So Gamestop.ie have sold out of Tera:pac:

Hope this doesn't mean I won't get my copy I paid for 3 days ago:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So Gamestop.ie have sold out of Tera:pac:

Hope this doesn't mean I won't get my copy I paid for 3 days ago:(

drop them an email and ask them what the story is

drop them an email and ask them what the story is

It is the weekend now so wouldn't get a reply until Monday anyway, Will wait and see if anything changes Monday morning or If they just forgot to mark at sent.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Loving this game. Did my first dungeon raid in the Secret Base and killed a couple BAM's. Was great craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Is there any way to demo/free trial the game? Wouldn't mind giving it a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

This is what awaits those who manage to get past level 35, simply stunning.

http://imgur.com/a/KSznJ/

This is what awaits those who manage to get past level 35, simply stunning.

http://imgur.com/a/KSznJ/

The game is simply stunning imo, i knew it was coming for a while but somehow it slipped under my radar until now.
    Nowhere near the hype of other games but wow is it impressive to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ShaneScouse

Ye its daftly good looking, very diverse aswell just went from a pirate grove area to a mansion full of ghosts (and 'fluffy mr purfect' cat mobs :D) to a vast sand desert.

Although I did just try solo one of the stone golem BAMs with the hole in the middle of them not sure if anyone will know the ones, found it really hard cause of there massive aoe hits and huge leap attacks, got it to about 4% morale after 25mins and nish kiting, and got 1 shot for 15k by a swing attack he done after i got knocked over by a very unlucky skill misclick that froze me in place, i raged quit :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Agreed with above posters, the game is absolutely beautiful. Wait till you see the lake with the whirlpool....FROZEN SOLID. Forget the name but its the first snow area you come to in the game and my god was i blown away by that frozen lake. Favorite zone so far.

As an mmo player of far too many years and mmos this game is just soooo good guys,i cant stop playing it.
    I had my first really late nights gaming lastnight in years - till 3am.
    Ran a few instances with my healer ,one with ktulu from boards here and sweet lord i havent enjoyed gaming so much in a long time.
    The healing in tera is just immense,aiming my crosshair onto my party members to heal them,tactically timing and placing where to throw down my aoe heal circles,really very enjoyable.
    My only complaint if any is the generic questing so far but having said that the combat is so good that all i want to do is kill stuff and throw heals at people :)
    The scale of the world is mind boggling,the graphics are easily the best in any mmo,did i mention the combat? oh the combat!
    Im on Velik pve server,add Efioanaes and Xolara if yuor on this server ;)

The scale of the world is mind boggling,the graphics are easily the best in any mmo,did i mention the combat? oh the combat!

Added you :P

And ye the healing is great, found the last run tricky had a warr tanking the lvl 35 run and on mystic u dont have any aoe heals so u gota be targetting gits all the time, stressballs

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Was good fun last night alright. Finally finished with that area now moved onto the poperi land I think it is. Let me know when your there so we can kick some ass! :P

So according to Gamestop my copy was shipped last Wednesday, Yet a game that was dispatched Friday has arrived today... Gah!

• Advertisement

So according to Gamestop my copy was shipped last Wednesday, Yet a game that was dispatched Friday has arrived today... Gah!

Thats so annoying,hope you get it soon man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

I can't beat that stupid boss at the end of the island of dawn. The priest keeps getting higher DPS than me, and because I'm on a buddy pass, I can't use chat to get a group to do the instance! Very annoying, really unsure as to whether I'll buy the full game or not.

Cina wrote: »
    I can't beat that stupid boss at the end of the island of dawn. The priest keeps getting higher DPS than me, and because I'm on a buddy pass, I can't use chat to get a group to do the instance! Very annoying, really unsure as to whether I'll buy the full game or not.

What class are you?
    I soloed it easy on 3 characters when i was on buddy pass, tank,priest and slayer.

I'm Mystic.

Dunno, I'm constantly whacking the thing with all my attacks but when it's dead nothing happens, which I assume is down to the priest doing more dmg, unless it's bugged.

Cina wrote: »
    I'm Mystic.

Dunno, I'm constantly whacking the thing with all my attacks but when it's dead nothing happens, which I assume is down to the priest doing more dmg, unless it's bugged.

Nah mystic shouldnt have prob with dps, just make sure u stay near NPC so it will heal you so just tank and dps boss whole time, use all ur skills and make sure you have gone to trainer before so you have all ur skills updated if your still using lvl 4 skills they might not hit enough, theres a bug if u do less then 50% of the dps on boss it wont complete quest, but Ive only ever heard of a priest having probs with it mystic dps is good on low lvls.

If it does bug out then just press 'P' and go to Instances-reset on your profile page, then just go back and reenter the instance and do it again should work fine regardless of dps you do, but do make sure you hammer it. If you want to make sure the npc dont do much dps, then when u enter instance run all the way to the boss dont fight he adds, he will get stuck in the room behind fighting few adds while you do boss, then when he does come into room then adds will all reset because they reset when u get that cutscene vid, the npc just gets waylayed behind for a min or 2.

Also you can group, you have to create it and Inv a full account player though, they cant inv you. Ive grped with trials other day, but can only join with 1. I think I have a slayer alt around lvl 9, I can do it with you this evening quickly if your still stuck :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That priest at the end didn't heal me at all, though i was moving around like a nutter so maybe he couldn't. I barely managed to survive, and i think i was at about 5% health when he went down.

Nah mystic shouldnt have prob with dps, just make sure u stay near NPC so it will heal you so just tank and dps boss whole time, use all ur skills and make sure you have gone to trainer before so you have all ur skills updated if your still using lvl 4 skills they might not hit enough, theres a bug if u do less then 50% of the dps on boss it wont complete quest, but Ive only ever heard of a priest having probs with it mystic dps is good on low lvls.

If it does bug out then just press 'P' and go to Instances-reset on your profile page, then just go back and reenter the instance and do it again should work fine regardless of dps you do, but do make sure you hammer it. If you want to make sure the npc dont do much dps, then when u enter instance run all the way to the boss dont fight he adds, he will get stuck in the room behind fighting few adds while you do boss, then when he does come into room then adds will all reset because they reset when u get that cutscene vid, the npc just gets waylayed behind for a min or 2.

Also you can group, you have to create it and Inv a full account player though, they cant inv you. Ive grped with trials other day, but can only join with 1. I think I have a slayer alt around lvl 9, I can do it with you this evening quickly if your still stuck :P

Cool, I'll give that a go. I did think I was doing enough damage throughout the battle but I guess not.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

As an mmo player of far too many years and mmos this game is just soooo good guys,i cant stop playing it.
    I had my first really late nights gaming lastnight in years - till 3am.
    Ran a few instances with my healer ,one with ktulu from boards here and sweet lord i havent enjoyed gaming so much in a long time.
    The healing in tera is just immense,aiming my crosshair onto my party members to heal them,tactically timing and placing where to throw down my aoe heal circles,really very enjoyable.
    My only complaint if any is the generic questing so far but having said that the combat is so good that all i want to do is kill stuff and throw heals at people :)

This has just helped me make my mind up about getting this game or not. ill be picking this up later combat sounds great a nice change from just pointing and clicking. its 49.95euro online and 39.95 in gamestop but as someone stated they are out of stock. Is this just for online orders would i be able to pick this up in any of there stores today?

IgsTer wrote: »
    This has just helped me make my mind up about getting this game or not. ill be picking this up later combat sounds great a nice change from just pointing and clicking. its 49.95euro online and 39.95 in gamestop but as someone stated they are out of stock. Is this just for online orders would i be able to pick this up in any of there stores today?

Give your local store a ring, gamestop Newbridge had a few when i bought mine last week.

New patch released today.

http://community.tera-europe.com/home/news/article/patch-notes-1029.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

Give your local store a ring, gamestop Newbridge had a few when i bought mine last week.

New patch released today.

http://community.tera-europe.com/home/news/article/patch-notes-1029.html

Ah caved in and just bought the digital download, hopefully be able to get into the game the next hour. Is there a designated server yous are all playing on?

Thinking about going sorceror, priest or berserker any of you's playing one have any advice on how well they play?

Advertisement