Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No threads about Tera? Interesting...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I'd be up for joining a guild with you lads. Im on the PvE server Velik. It's jammed with people most of the time so im not alone like I felt on SWTOR. Can we move char's around servers?

Loving the game, the combat is great and the world of tera is really nice too.

Also my Char's name on Velik is Ktulu. Add me if your on that server

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

ktulu123 wrote: »
    I'd be up for joining a guild with you lads. Im on the PvE server Velik. It's jammed with people most of the time so im not alone like I felt on SWTOR. Can we move char's around servers?

Loving the game, the combat is great and the world of tera is really nice too.

Also my Char's name on Velik is Ktulu. Add me if your on that server

I have a Lancer on there too, char name is Xolara.

Dcully wrote: »
    I have a Lancer on there too, char name is Xolara.

Added you there! Just got to a place called lumbertown

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

If you guys make a guild on Essenia ill join on my alt. I would make an alt on Velik but the fact that there is no GvG on there AT ALL is a major turn off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

So what's the consensus on a guild. I've the game downloading at home as we speak, should be making a character this evening all thanks to Kilith.

Doesn't that Essenia server have massive queues?

• Advertisement

Im using the 7 day buddy pass and some features arent available on such an account, i cant chat, not sure if i can invite people or join their group etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ShaneScouse

Im using the 7 day buddy pass and some features arent available on such an account, i cant chat, not sure if i can invite people or join their group etc.

The cap is lvl 15 aswel which is a shame, most mmos do that 20being the cap for friend trial accounts. But is a silly move the game really takes off at 20-25. With your first BAM quests and the first instance, and the glyph stuff for your character(traits kind of) Game just gets alot more deep after 20.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Bah! Didn't realise the cap was lvl15 on the trial accounts. Guess i'll be levelling my warrior later today then.

The cap is lvl 15 aswel which is a shame, most mmos do that 20being the cap for friend trial accounts. But is a silly move the game really takes off at 20-25. With your first BAM quests and the first instance, and the glyph stuff for your character(traits kind of) Game just gets alot more deep after 20.

Speaking of BAMs, im assuming its fair game and you will likely to be ganked while taking on a BAM on pvp server?
    Also is it the same with those Nexus events later on?

This alone could turn me off a pvp server, i hated being ganked in rift while doing rift raids etc.

Wow thats silly. The game really does open up more at 20 with loads more class core skills and the first Basilisk BAMS in the game. But ofcourse i suppose you could go attack them at lvl 15

Speaking of BAMs, im assuming its fair game and you will likely to be ganked while taking on a BAM on pvp server?
    Also is it the same with those Nexus events later on?

This alone could turn me off a pvp server, i hated being ganked in rift while doing rift raids etc.

Think of BAMs like elite mobs. There are actually loads of them and plenty to go around. Not something that people camp waiting for them to spawn. There is rare ones ofcourse, but you just get lucky to come across them. I have never been ganked while fighting a BAM. Not alot of people turn on PvP mode cause of the fact everyone will attack them and they will be sitting it out in town waiting for the PvP timer to expire. Im level 41 now and i have been attacked only 3 times by another player since starting. One was due to my guild being at war with another guild, one was a random gank, and the other was a random player attacking me, but it wasnt a gank since i killed him :P

But if your not a big pvp fan then i wouldnt bother with a pvp server. But i really dont see the point in playing Tera if your not gonna PvP. Like 50% of the game is about pvp. Endgame tends to be 5 man dungeons, and hard modes of said dungeons. With the political system and guildmasters being voted in as Vanarch's for zone, it opens up a whole new PvP idea of controlling land and such.

• Advertisement

But if your not a big pvp fan then i wouldnt bother with a pvp server. But i really dont see the point in playing Tera if your not gonna PvP. Like 50% of the game is about pvp.

Not sure that really the case, Its addvertised as a PVE game, pvp is very little content and not what they pushed. Ktera and Jtera are not known as a pvp mmo. Its very much pve with pvp as a nice addon, bit like Rift.

Warfronts are coming in a patch during summer but that could get delayed, a modern mmo launched with no warfronts or worldarea pvp(I mean a dedicated map area, not open world pvp) cant be seen as a pvp mmo.

Not alot of people turn on PvP mode cause of the fact everyone will attack them and they will be sitting it out in town waiting for the PvP timer to expire.

Ok let me get this right,on a pvp server you actually need to turn on pvp to be pve tagged? ie you cant be attacked until you enable pvp?
    I thought it was like other MMOs in the sence that this manually turning on pvp was only for pve servers and that you are always pvp enabled on a pvp server once you got out of the starting zones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Not alot of people turn on PvP mode cause of the fact everyone will attack them and they will be sitting it out in town waiting for the PvP timer to expire.

Ok let me get this right,on a pvp server you actually need to turn on pvp to be pve tagged? ie you cant be attacked until you enable pvp?
    I thought it was like other MMOs in the sence that this manually turning on pvp was only for pve servers and that you are always pvp enabled on a pvp server once you got out of the starting zones.

*double post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

You switch on PvP to attack people and get attacked. It's on a timer and runs out but while it's active you can attack anyone even if they haven't their PvP turned on. It's also only available in certain areas. For instance you can't attack people in towns

It sounds like an easy way to be a total dick tbh. Wait for enemy to attack an mob, or see someone low on heath...activate PvP and gank them. I guess the only way to counter it is to keep your PvP flag on all the time, and kill anyone you come across.

Is there no PvP whatsoever on PvE servers? I don't fancy soloing some BAM just for some asshole to attack me when he's at 10%.

Kiith wrote: »
    It sounds like an easy way to be a total dick tbh. Wait for enemy to attack an mob, or see someone low on heath...activate PvP and gank them. I guess the only way to counter it is to keep your PvP flag on all the time, and kill anyone you come across.

Is there no PvP whatsoever on PvE servers? I don't fancy soloing some BAM just for some asshole to attack me when he's at 10%.

I think there is the deathmatch option aswell as battlegrounds which are coming soon?
    But there is no GvG option on pve servers i believe.
    Its kind of strange that when you turn on pvp you can kill others even if they havent theres turned on.
    If they want to have every open to attack why not just have it fully open pvp where everyone is red to eachother and fair game?

Its a tad confusing tbh,usually a pvp on/off affair is your traditional pve server where you can turn it on and off.
    I was hoping for a server where i could turn on/off pvp and also do GvG.

Meant to ask this earlier, anybody using a gamepad to play this?
    I watched some dev videos and more than once they mentioned trying it with pad, i might try it later on, kingdoms of amalur played well with a pad.

Nah aint really like that, its the same as rifts and AoCs iirc. Once you leave the starter area at lvl11, bar safe areas like towns and cities and the likes you can get attacked by anyone, any level, anywhere. But for them to attack you they will be flagging themselves as an outlaw and making them more of a target to get attacked by others.
    You earn say 10,000 infamy for a lvl 60 killing a lvl 10, that infamy will stay with you for 10days and people will want to kill you because of it. A lvl 14 killing a lvl 12 will get 345 infamy and stay with you for 1day.

Ive made all the numbers up but thats how it works, oh and if your in a guild thats doing GvG then that outlaw stuff dont count, yous just kill each other like normal.

Nah aint really like that, its the same as rifts and AoCs iirc. Once you leave the starter area at lvl11, bar safe areas like towns and cities and the likes you can get attacked by anyone, any level, anywhere. But for them to attack you they will be flagging themselves as an outlaw and making them more of a target to get attacked by others.
    You earn say 10,000 infamy for a lvl 60 killing a lvl 10, that infamy will stay with you for 10days and people will want to kill you because of it. A lvl 14 killing a lvl 12 will get 345 infamy and stay with you for 1day.

Ive made all the numbers up but thats how it works, oh and if your in a guild thats doing GvG then that outlaw stuff dont count, yous just kill each other like normal.

Well explained thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I'd be interested in trying this, I understand there's an invite option or somesuch that lets people trial it for a week? Just wondering if anyone would be able to let me into the trial if it's possible. Thanks.

Not sure that really the case, Its addvertised as a PVE game, pvp is very little content and not what they pushed. Ktera and Jtera are not known as a pvp mmo. Its very much pve with pvp as a nice addon, bit like Rift.

Warfronts are coming in a patch during summer but that could get delayed, a modern mmo launched with no warfronts or worldarea pvp(I mean a dedicated map area, not open world pvp) cant be seen as a pvp mmo.

Which i find odd to be honest, as i see the game as being a pvp game, and by pvp i mean, pvp for the fun and not for the gear grinding (SWTOR) A game that only has 5man dungeons as its endgame pve experience is pretty poor to be honest. But im enjoying the leveling at the moment and im not to concerned with endgame. But i know for sure, when i hit 60 ill be roaming the world with outlaw enabled looking to engage in open world pvp with anyone i can find. Ganking lowbies, nah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Which i find odd to be honest, as i see the game as being a pvp game, and by pvp i mean, pvp for the fun and not for the gear grinding (SWTOR) A game that only has 5man dungeons as its endgame pve experience is pretty poor to be honest. But im enjoying the leveling at the moment and im not to concerned with endgame. But i know for sure, when i hit 60 ill be roaming the world with outlaw enabled looking to engage in open world pvp with anyone i can find. Ganking lowbies, nah

I honestly see no problem with 5 man dungeons, I will always remember attempted to get a group of 25 people for a dungeon in WoW, Spending an hour or two just attempted to keep everyone together long enough to fill the raid and move was a pain(And this was in a guild!). 5 is perfect, small enough to be social but still feel like an MMO.
    However there is still Nexus's which are endgame content as well. They are similar to Rifts in Rift.

Playing away minding my own business tonight and im jumped by 4 guys lvl 13-14 im lvl 13,as i die they spam chat with some foreign language, more than likely russians.
    I respawn ,rest up and go back to the same spot and they take chase after me again :rolleyes:
    I then change channel and theres people in chat arguing about similar antics.
    Theres pvp and then theres dickheads taking the piss, im glad i rolled an alternative on a pve server.

Yeah, it definitely has the potential to be Age of Conan all over again.

I like it so far, not played much but the combat is certainly more enjoyable than TOR. Saying that, the voice acting, story and overall polish of TOR was better so it's hard to adjust in that aspect. Questing is more confusing and a little all over the place in this. Plus in TOR there was no such thing as grinding, there were constant streams of quests, it doesn't seem to be the case in this?

Still, the combat makes up for it. I picked a total slut of a Mystic, hopefully it'll keep me interested.

Kiith wrote: »
    Yeah, it definitely has the potential to be Age of Conan all over again.

I see theres big calls to introduce GvG as an option on pve servers,it would make sence having the ability to pvp rival guilds if you feel like it.

@ Cina ive yet to find anything grindy about it, there seems to be tonnes of quests.
    I actually wouldnt a bit of grinding in this game,the combat is just so enjoyable id fight mobs all day long :)
    I also disagree that swtor had more polish, Tera is probably the most polished mmo ive played so soon after release.

Im going to buy the game today,im totally loving it.
    Gamestop have some in stock for €39.99, thats €2 more than the cheapest online digital retailers.
    Diablo III will have to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Not sure if Gamestop.ie have any stock, Ordered mine Tuesday night, Still hasn't been marked as shipped.

Not sure how its any sort of grind lvling, Im lvl 36 on mystic still doing lvl 32 quests due to the fact there is just to much XP on offer, and im being OCD about as first char dont want to miss any area or hub.

ITs standard questing fare, kill 10X then kill 15Y go to next hub. But as everyone says the combat is brilliant so you just wana go kill stuff. Ive alts on PVP but my main char is on Velik, pvp is great and all but once warfronts rae brought in during the summer all you will be missing pve is GVG which might get introduced. Open world pvp is ganking and griefing 90% of the time we all know it, sure 10% is great fights and good fun but not sure its worth it.

I just picked up my copy in gamestop Newbridge €39.99.
    I think ill stick with Velik pve for now,playing Lancer at the moment, i usually go healer in mmos but this lancer is the most fun ive had with any tank.
    add me Xolara :)

I see theres big calls to introduce GvG as an option on pve servers,it would make sence having the ability to pvp rival guilds if you feel like it.

@ Cina ive yet to find anything grindy about it, there seems to be tonnes of quests.
    I actually wouldnt a bit of grinding in this game,the combat is just so enjoyable id fight mobs all day long :)
    I also disagree that swtor had more polish, Tera is probably the most polished mmo ive played so soon after release.

Im going to buy the game today,im totally loving it.
    Gamestop have some in stock for €39.99, thats €2 more than the cheapest online digital retailers.
    Diablo III will have to wait.

Fair enough, to be fair I am only level 9, so I'm sure it'll change. I guess the interface and such just needs adjusting to.

• Advertisement

I just picked up my copy in gamestop Newbridge €39.99.
    I think ill stick with Velik pve for now,playing Lancer at the moment, i usually go healer in mmos but this lancer is the most fun ive had with any tank.
    add me Xolara :)

Where abouts are you in the world now? We should do some stuff together!

Advertisement