Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No threads about Tera? Interesting...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ShaneScouse

There are free pvp-pvp and pve-pve server transfers, so if Essenia is really busy just roll a toon on a low pop pvp, lvl it a few days and transfer it back to Essenia, the Queues will lower over next few weeks.

Ive got a Mystic in his 30s now on Velik, the biggest PVE server. But I will roll a alt on Essenia as that seems to be where its at :P

Just wanst in mood to be getting ganked on a new game I was playing solo and casually, rift thought me alot about pvp servers the good and the bad. But as I have hang of game now and way it works, be alot easier to deal with and avoid the bad pvp points, and bask in the good :P
    I would warn people that there is ofc ganking as in any pvp server, there was a lvl 50 killing everyone near one of the first camps outside starter area other day, and ofc soloing BAMs is a great part of the game and takes a long time and patience, you reallllly dont want some git killing you as you do it, thats got ragequit written all over it.

See yous in game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Char name is Taen and I'm on the PvP server Sameal which is medium pop I think. Haven't had to queue yet and there are plenty of people around in game. Makes such a difference to the ghost town that was SWTOR.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Lets be honest Swtor was a waste of time once 50

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I hope to get to try this out tonight for the first time, thanks again Playboy :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Just remember to create a new account (with a different email address) if you've already had beta access.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Just remember to create a new account (with a different email address) if you've already had beta access.

Thanks mate but i didnt play the beta.

I've another buddy code, if anyone is interested. You can thank Playboy for this one as well :)

Played a bit there, and the combat really is good fun. The starting area is very generic (questing wise), so i'm going to try and fly through it. Playing as a Warrior atm, and I really want to try fighting some of the larger enemies in the game (I refuse to call them BAM's...).

I also made a super slutty sorcerer...when in Rome and all that :P

I got the last copy in Gamestop in Galway today was only 2 ordered in, wonder if the person who bought the 2nd one is a boardsie too :)

Gah this patch is taking abit my 400+kb/sec is jumping from 200 down to 50, sux

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    I got the last copy in Gamestop in Galway today was only 2 ordered in, wonder if the person who bought the 2nd one is a boardsie too :)

Gah this patch is taking abit my 400+kb/sec is jumping from 200 down to 50, sux

How much space is needed to store the fully patched game?

28 GB or so

• Advertisement

I just logged in there and my character is lvl 20 with quite a few skills unlocked, wtf is that all about?
    Ive never played the game before.

Nevermind it was some form of prologue.
    Already im not too keen on the fact clickers like me are not well catered for, seems to be aim and use hotkeys, no real means of clicking on the skillbar :(

Dcully wrote: »
    I just logged in there and my character is lvl 20 with quite a few skills unlocked, wtf is that all about?

You do a short prologue where your character is lvl20. It's only lasts a few minutes, and i think it's just to get a feel for the character past lvl1.

Was enjoying my Warrior earlier on, but switched to my slutty sorcerer and bloody hell it's good fun. Chaining attacks, and timing your dodges is brilliant, and can really bring about a real sense of satisfaction when you do it right. Looking forward to getting more skills.

One problem though, is that she makes a lot of noise...i failed on a gathering node 4 or 5 times in a row and by god she sounded happy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Nevermind it was some form of prologue.
    Already im not too keen on the fact clickers like me are not well catered for, seems to be aim and use hotkeys, no real means of clicking on the skillbar :(

At first i thought the prologue was abit crappy, but it gives you an idea of how the classes work if your unsure. As for clicking. Well. Maybe its time you take your game to the next level? :D

I did a bit of searching and it seems that a total of 50gb is required for installation(Although total installation size is still <30gb. Did anyone manage to install Tera with less than 50gb available?

It's not really designed as a skillbar mmo. Which is a good thing imo. The genre has needed a kick up the ass for a while now, and while there are some big issues with the game, the combat is miles ahead of any other mmo i've ever played...and i've played a lot :pac:

Is it even possible to have the traditional mmo setup (i.e skillbars and clicking)? Has anyone tried playing with a joypad?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

So what's the verdict so far?

I currently have 25 days left on TOR thanks to the free 30 days we got but I have no real interest in playing it. Is this worth getting into. How are the server populations?

Servers are busy enough, but there are no where near as many as, say, TOR. I'm enjoying it, and will buy it next week. Combat is excellent, and hopefully it's enough to keep me interested, at least until GW2.

If you want to try it, i've a spare buddy code.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Yeah I'd love to give it a go, that'd be great cheers.

And TOR doesn't have that many subscribers, a lot of the servers are dead now. There's been a huge loss in numbers since the initial release. That's one of the reasons I've gotten so fed up of it.

Sent you a pm there.

Kiith wrote: »
    It's not really designed as a skillbar mmo. Which is a good thing imo. The genre has needed a kick up the ass for a while now, and while there are some big issues with the game, the combat is miles ahead of any other mmo i've ever played...and i've played a lot :pac:

Is it even possible to have the traditional mmo setup (i.e skillbars and clicking)? Has anyone tried playing with a joypad?

Agreed, im used to hotkeys close to me WASD keys, Q,E and R etc but its the number keys i struggle with where i find i lose precious time having to look down.
    Its a minor issue but so far the game is great.

• Advertisement

I did a bit of searching and it seems that a total of 50gb is required for installation(Although total installation size is still <30gb. Did anyone manage to install Tera with less than 50gb available?

Fairly sure my SSD had about 40gb free, The Install used up 27gb. I cleared out some stuff after but had no probs installing or downloading

Fairly sure my SSD had about 40gb free, The Install used up 27gb. I cleared out some stuff after but had no probs installing or downloading

Thanks, Had myself worried as It was just not possible to free up enough space and I didn't want to have to buy a new HDD just to install a game:P

Should hopefully arrive tomorrow so can check for myself then.

Thanks, Had myself worried as It was just not possible to free up enough space and I didn't want to have to buy a new HDD just to install a game:P
    Should hopefully arrive tomorrow so can check for myself then.

Aye you should be fine.

Ive got an alt on the main PVP server now Essenia, me usuall lads id play mmos and the likes with havnt really much interest in tera bar one of em, so im doing a bit of a toblerone job on this server, kinda want a nice little guild to settle in.

Anyone recommend any, I doubt theres any Irish ones as playerbase not massive but some British ones with few Irish in em? More importantly a nice group of people who are chatty gits be great :P

tks..

I cannot get over just how satisfying the combat is in this game, totally transforms the mmo genre imo,blows every mmo ive ever played out of the water in terms of combat.
    Im surprised more people are not chomping at the bit to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I cannot get over just how satisfying the combat is in this game, totally transforms the mmo genre imo,blows every mmo ive ever played out of the water in terms of combat.
    Im surprised more people are not chomping at the bit to play it.

Agreed. None of my Star Wars guild came over to this game so im pretty much forever alone on Tera. I think alot of people are put off by the simple fact that its Korean, and alot of people thinking that if its Korean, its a grindfest. Im lvl 39 at the moment and im skipping loads of quest areas cause im to high level for them. So there is always quests to do and new places to visit, and i dont have to actually grind random mobs for XP. That being said the quests dont change much. Kill so many X, gather so many X, get so many drops from X monster. But what MMO doesnt have these quests?

Im loving the game at the moment, just looking for a decent guild at settle in as im not to keen on the one im in at the moment.

Would there be enough of us to get a guild going?

I would br interested, not really settled on a class yet, have a level 9 zerker and level 6 warrior, was going to try a ranged dps but every time i enter a name and click ok my client crashes ><

boards guild - kiss of death if past experience is anything to go by :(
    I cant decide on a main character or even a server ffs.
    One faction open world pvp has always felt weird to me, many times in Age of Conan i founf my poor healer ganked over and over only to find im grouped with them 20 minutes later and am expected to heal their ass, lol it just seems wrong to me.
    I normally try roll on pvp in a new mmo and get tired of being ganked and then rage roll on a pve server.
    With Tera and the whole guild V guild i wonder if id be missing out by rolling pve,im hearing theres no Guild V Guild option on pve servers?

Anything beats listenign to the kids/wow fanboys in area chat

• Advertisement

not sure we have numbers for a guild, but even just a little lvling guild till we figure out what class to lvl properly would work, or we could all join some social kin looking for people, dunno..
    Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    I would br interested, not really settled on a class yet, have a level 9 zerker and level 6 warrior, was going to try a ranged dps but every time i enter a name and click ok my client crashes ><

Also alot of people get that, its if you take either to long naming it, or on the character creation screen. You dont have to rush but just dont spend forever going through names it wont allow or already taken, or editing your chars features etc

Advertisement