Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrow [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,821 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Well i was very entertained by that episode. Some really good moments in it. I've noticed the fight scenes were getting better, and i noticed tonight that Speedy and possibly Diggle have fight doubles. You could see it clearly in the fight scene with
    the bombs, the girl playing Speedy keeps her face covered as best she can, and that could be anybody dressed as Diggle.
    They just seem to fight better all of a sudden.

Also, Felicity's story,
    i thought it was really well done when Felicity and Oliver got the chip from yer man, both Oliver and Felicity showed genuine emotion when that happened. Plus, it's an entirely plausible (as can be) of actual tech.

Looking forward to next week already!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Well i was very entertained by that episode. Some really good moments in it. I've noticed the fight scenes were getting better,
    I checked and it was directed by James Bamford whose last episode also had some great fight scenes (the scene with Thea in the lift). He's the show's fight coordinator and it worked very well here again.
    Also, Felicity's story..
    Yep, that scene was very nicely. They couldn't resist dropping "Terrific" in there!

Good enough episode but it wasn't nearly as strong as "The Flash" which I had watched immediately before it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Well that was a very good episode.

Also I think we now know who is in the grave from the flash-forward scenes.
    I reckon it simply has to be
    Samantha, the mother of Oliver's son William. This would have the max impact on Oliver - while leaving the main cast intact - because 1. It will leave his son without his mother, which is bad enough, but 2. It will force Oliver to take on the rescue (and afterwards care of his son) which inevitably brings up the whole problem of keeping the secret from Felicity like what happened in the last Flash crossover episodes, probably breaking their relationship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

There was a flashforward? I wasn't paying attention...

duridian wrote: »

I reckon it simply has to be ..

That's who I said and for those reasons. I've got someone else on my team!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

duridian wrote: »

I reckon it simply has to be
    Samantha, the mother of Oliver's son William. This would have the max impact on Oliver - while leaving the main cast intact - because 1. It will leave his son without his mother, which is bad enough, but 2. It will force Oliver to take on the rescue (and afterwards care of his son) which inevitably brings up the whole problem of keeping the secret from Felicity like what happened in the last Flash crossover episodes, probably breaking their relationship.

I thought it was a 'he' that was dead?

Blazer wrote: »
    I thought it was a 'he' that was dead?

I may be remembering wrong, but I thought the "he" was used in reference to the perpetrator.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Did anyone think the waitress at the end was offering some poisoned wine to Oliver and Felicity?

She just seemed to linger and Curtis was about to drink before suddenly deciding not to after all the caffeine.

I was expecting him to die just as he'd given everyone hope. So I certainly created my own tension for that scene it seems :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I still think its Lance. That was my gut way back when and I'm sticking with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,055 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I don't see why Felicity would be as seethingly angry over Samantha - i reckon it has to be someone Felicity has a real connection with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Found a couple of scenes with Thea a bit weird. Like when she escaped with the laptop. Thought they were setting up a storyline where she becomes addicted to the adrenalin rush or something.

Also if it was Lance, I would expect Laurel to be last at the graveside, and not Ollie.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Found a couple of scenes with Thea a bit weird. Like when she escaped with the laptop. Thought they were setting up a storyline where she becomes addicted to the adrenalin rush or something.
    Also if it was Lance, I would expect Laurel to be last at the graveside, and not Ollie

Lots of plausible reasons why she wouldn't be. Went after darhk instead of the funeral, captured by darhk, too angry with Oliver to stick around etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I don't see why Felicity would be as seethingly angry over Samantha - i reckon it has to be someone Felicity has a real connection with.

Like i said they are developing Momma Smoak allot lately so maybe Momma Smoak

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Well that was rather good.

Off now until March 16th, but I assume the home stretch will be about the grave.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Mr E wrote: »
    Well that was rather good.

Off now until March 16th, but I assume the home stretch will be about the grave.

Arrow's off until March 23rd actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Vixen definitely has to come back.

Yeah, I'd like to see more of Vixen too.

I don't know what to think about the person in the grave now. Last week I was convinced it was going to be Samantha, but think it much less likely after this week's episode. (Plus seeing Samantha makes me want to watch Defiance. She's really hot in that. :o )

Can't believe they're going on another break so soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Just got caught up and now there's a month's break... Grrr!!!

I must check out the Vixen web series they did last summer and also gonna use this break in Arrow/Flash to watch the Constantine series (never got around to it previously). As good as The Flash is this season, I think Arrow is on top form this season and certainly my favourite of the DC shows...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭crazyderk

So Damien Dark has lost his powers and was caught by the police?

I assume he probably gets released from custody or breaks out and takes his revenge and thus the someone dying/grave bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,055 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I can't remember the grave scene properly - does he say he has to kill Damien Dark? Or do they give a more vague declaration of who must die? Malcolm Merlyn looks to have a seat on the new bad guy table, and there has already been arguments over whether Oli should kill Merlyn in this season. Could it be him who is responsible for killing whomever is in the grave?

He gave up William to Dark, he was willing to sacrifice Thea, he killed Tommy, he was responsible for Thea killing Sarah - he is the oe everyone was saying Oli should kill just an episode ago.

• Advertisement

crazyderk wrote: »
    So Damien Dark has lost his powers and was caught by the police?

I too was a bit annoyed by this. They could have made it more explicit and shown the cops taking him away in the squad car. The way that it was depicted would lead you to believe that Darhk, stripped of his powers and left in a heap on the ground by Team Arrow, was about to be arrested, but then again nothing is straightforward on this show.

That said, if he was arrested, perhaps the direct and most immediate victim of his escape and revenge will be Captain Lance. It has already been established that Lance has been experiencing angina-like symptoms in the past. Maybe, when the "Darhk side" returns, one of Damian's chokeholds is enough to pop Quentin's heart and kill him. Given his close relationship with the Lance family, this would explain Oliver's graveside decision that he has to kill Darhk.

Wondering if CW are testing the waters for her own spin off? Funnily I just got a source to the web series but thought I had longer to watch it. Did laugh at Oliver saying "We had an animated encounter" :D

If Vixen doesn't get her own TV show, she'd be a perfect choice to rotate into 'Legends of Tomorrow'.

Episode was quite strong, although the angsty ending was a bit boring.

Christ yeah. Felicity ending was way over the top,
    You were supposed to risk access to your son and tell me, then I am meant to be a decision maker for the son I never met etc etc.
    Oh here's the ring back, I'm leaving again, oh look I can walk and now I'm not going to say a word and dramatically walk out the door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Essentially just watching Arrow in case of crossovers with The Flash now.

It has gotten much much better but its melodrama is just joy sapping.
    Iris West, at her worst, was no where near that bad.

I'm actually enjoying the flash back sequences more than the main storyline at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

The Flash is great, but I genuinely prefer Arrow (early Season 1 aside). The characters have all had their individual journies and really changed from the people they were in the early days, whereas in The Flash the characters are almost fully formed from the beginning - granted they have their own journies and some growth, but not to the same extent.

The Flash is great, but I genuinely prefer Arrow (early Season 1 aside). The characters have all had their individual journies and really changed from the people they were in the early days, whereas in The Flash the characters are almost fully formed from the beginning - granted they have their own journies and some growth, but not to the same extent.

Prefer The Flash myself.

I like both shows but care more for Barry's crew in the flash.

Laurel Lance for some reason I just can't stand. Roy and Tia as well annoy me most of the time.

When she comes back, can she have a different actor? If she was any more wooden she would be a tree. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The show has been green lit for a 5th season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    The show has been green lit for a 5th season.

I see what you did there

Advertisement