Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrow [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

Kirby wrote: »
    No he didn't. Not in my mind. The woman you shagged once and barely know imposes a ridiculous demand on you. You nod and smile and say "Absolutely. I'll tell nobody!"

You then go home and tell the love of your life everything and say "Keep it to yourself Felicity."

Frankly it was an unrealistically stupid decision that was written in for dramas sake. He's lied to her again and again and this one wasn't even necessary. If my partner was this dishonest so much I wouldn't hang around either. She would be gone.

As much as the whole Felicity story line is just a pain at the minute, you have to give him a wee bit of leeway since (as far as Oliver knew) telling Felicity about the son was going to lead to yer beardy man from Legends taking over the world.... so he did have that wee dilemma.
    In fact why doesn't he just tell Felicity to pick up the phone to Star Labs and have a quick word with Barry. Problem solved...

Felicity: "Hi Flash."
    Flash: "Um, yeah, hi Felicity... listen, if Oliver told you about the nipper everyone you know dies and like Armageddon and stuff so like maybe lay the feck off the guilt trip downer vibe, 'kay, bye."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

While watching it on sky, afaik 2ep behind, i've tried to figure out what happened to Felicity, i haven't seen it explained why she's in the wheelchair, was it to with the devious Damien Darkhh?

Thanks.
    After Oliver proposed to her they got ambushed by the ghosts who shot at their limo with felicity getting hit by some of the bullets.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

Look closely at the new trailer for tomorrow nites arrow. it doesn't show a certain character and it really covers up what's going to happen. Like you least expect it sort of a way on who's gonna die ign have already seen the episode and have said it's one of the best episodes in a long time it's both gritty and heartbreaking. Really can't wait now for tomorrow's episode so tell me who do you think is on the chopping block for tomorrow night :)

Farty88 wrote: »
    Look closely at the new trailer for tomorrow nites arrow. it doesn't show a certain character and it really covers up what's going to happen. Like you least expect it sort of a way on who's gonna die ign have already seen the episode and have said it's one of the best episodes in a long time it's both gritty and heartbreaking. Really can't wait now for tomorrow's episode so tell me who do you think is on the chopping block for tomorrow night :)

Well I will say one thing, avoid the Arrow subreddit as there are a few threads that actually show a leak from when they were filming the grave scene recently. It could be true and Guggenheim also commented on paparazzi spoiling stuff in a recent interview but part of me is thinking that the leak isn't actually a leak but more the producers trolling people.

Well I will say one thing, avoid the Arrow subreddit as there are a few threads that actually show a leak from when they were filming the grave scene recently. It could be true and Guggenheim also commented on paparazzi spoiling stuff in a recent interview but part of me is thinking that the leak isn't actually a leak but more the producers trolling people.

True that seamly a April fools prank but if it's true be one hell of a sucker punch to the show in regards to staying true with the comics roll on tonight :)

• Advertisement

True that seamly a April fools prank but if it's true be one hell of a sucker punch to the show in regards to staying true with the comics roll on tonight :)

Can't wait to read the comments online after the episode airs but there is one thing about the ArrowVerse. With time travel and multiple universes if somebody dies in Arrow or Flash, they could always bring them back as their alternate universe counterpart.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

So that happened ..... yikes.

Great episode and great acting by all at the end.

Mr E wrote: »
    So that happened ..... yikes.

Great episode and great acting by all at the end.

Yeah it was a good episode and very ballsy of the writers to do but the fan reaction has been completely negative especially on the Arrow subreddit which has some hilarious threads and memes.
    No new episode for 3 weeks so plenty of time to recover from what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Yeah it was a good episode and very ballsy of the writers to do but the fan reaction has been completely negative especially on the Arrow subreddit which has some hilarious threads and memes.
    No new episode for 3 weeks so plenty of time to recover from what happened.

She has an episode on The Flash coming up as Earth 2 Black Canary(Siren) So she could be crossing to a new show. I wonder are they triming down the team or will Sara be coming back. Though I say she be 1 of 2 to stay definetly on Legends

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That was the right one it's probably a season or two late but for sure the right one to be killed off.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

strangely She had actually become a much better / less annoying character the last season or two, still though not being a fanboy of the comic I have no issue with her going though it was a little strange how she seemed to be fine, said goodbye to Ollie essentially then died

She has an episode on The Flash coming up as Earth 2 Black Canary(Siren) So she could be crossing to a new show. I wonder are they triming down the team or will Sara be coming back. Though I say she be 1 of 2 to stay definetly on Legends
    There are plans for Earth 2 Laurel to meet Earth 1 Oliver probably next season. I can't see them make another show as 3 is enough.
    That's the thing with characters being killed off on one of the shows, they can just be brought back as different people like Ronnie coming back as Deathstorm and Earth 2 Wells.
    That was the right one it's probably a season or two late but for sure the right one to be killed off.
    It's funny if you asked people this in season 2, most would agree but now alot of people , especially on reddit are saying that they are done with the show because of this
    strangely She had actually become a much better / less annoying character the last season or two, still though not being a fanboy of the comic I have no issue with her going though it was a little strange how she seemed to be fine, said goodbye to Ollie essentially then died
    I thought they were talking about faking her death but Guggenheim has stated that her death was not faked and is permanent

There are plans for Earth 2 Laurel to meet Earth 1 Oliver probably next season. I can't see them make another show as 3 is enough
    That's the thing with characters being killed off on one of the shows, they can just be brought back as different people like Ronnie coming back as Deathstorm and Earth 2 Wells..

Did not know that. Ronnie was killed also as Deathstorm do not forget. Wells they could not keep off he is just great as that character like Merlin in Arrow
    It's funny if you asked people this in season 2, most would agree but now alot of people , especially on reddit are saying that they are done with the show because of this.

Ya she was not the greatest of characters but she has been fleshed out a bit plus the whole Olicity thing has probably helped in wanting to like a character but fo me this season Thea seems to be getting the push and the gravely voice.
    I thought they were talking about faking her death but Guggenheim has stated that her death was not faked and is permanent

Earth 2 or they could say they did it due to her safety due to Dark. It looks like Diggle well be going off the deep end maybe he will be in the gave also as I feel he is the weakest at the moment

One of the memes on reddit at the moment :D
    ktlot72.jpg

One of the memes on reddit at the moment :D
    ktlot72.jpg

The thing is I say 90%+ who say thats its I am gone will still be on the reddit next year watching the show

The thing is I say 90%+ who say thats its I am gone will still be on the reddit next year watching the show

Yep , most of these people would have been the same people who last year said to get rid of Laurel and now are saying to get rid of Felicity instead

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I've really liked Katie Cassidy as an actor in some of the shows she was in prior to Arrow (namely Supernatural & Harper's Island), but for the first two and a half seasons of Arrow, I just never warmed to Laurel. I've liked her a lot more over the past season or so, but still thought she was the most expendable member of the cast, so pretty happy with the decision to kill her off. She'll still be back for guest appearances in The Flash and probably Legends of Tomorrow anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

The secret talk with Laurel and Oliver just before her death means there is something not quite right with her death

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

The significance of the view outside the window of the room will be important.

Who was looking in at the scene?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

McLoughlin wrote: »
    The secret talk with Laurel and Oliver just before her death means there is something not quite right with her death
    This. That secret talk meant something and I'm not convinced Laurel is gone from the show.
    We can be fairly sure Barry's not going to bring her back (after the latest Flash) and the Lazarus Pit is gone but maybe the idol will play into this somehow - there's a game there with Laurel's death being resurrected eventually. I suspect that there may be someone else in the grave.

Also: Can we have it so that teaser trailers are in spoilers as well as anything about upcoming episodes? I deliberately avoid them and it's very annoying to stumble across them without any warning. I infer "Spoilers" to only include up to the most recently aired episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

ixoy wrote: »
    Also: Can we have it so that teaser trailers are in spoilers as well as anything about upcoming episodes? I deliberately avoid them and it's very annoying to stumble across them without any warning. I infer "Spoilers" to only include up to the most recently aired episode.

Totally agree with this!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I thought when Captain Lance collapsed - as he realised what had just happened from the emotion on Oliver's face - that they were going to have his heart condition resurface and that he would die also.
    They haven't shown him popping heart pills or any allusions to his heart disease since shortly after it first emerged in the aftermath of Deathstroke's attack on Starling City.

Wonder how they will tell Sara about her sister? I also wonder if maybe there's a possibility of bringing in the help of the Legends as a show crossover at the season finale and inevitable standoff with Darhk??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭squonk

Good episode and I'm surprised myself that I'm sorry about losing Laurel. Her character had improved quite a bit of late.

At this point though, and given too that it's a Superhero show, I'm starting to lose interest in the grave really. I've a feeling it's a bit of a maguffin to some extent. It wouldn't surprise me if it's a setup of some sort or just a minor character. Perhaps Felicity's mother? It's probably Luarel's grave but we know that could be a roose or that she'll be back from Earth 2, or potentially resurrected if the Legends go back in time to revisit that whole showdown with Darkh for a crossover.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,055 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

ixoy wrote: »
    This. That secret talk meant something and I'm not convinced Laurel is gone from the show.
    We can be fairly sure Barry's not going to bring her back (after the latest Flash) and the Lazarus Pit is gone but maybe the idol will play into this somehow - there's a game there with Laurel's death being resurrected eventually. I suspect that there may be someone else in the grave.

THat would mean we still need to have a main character die - and it would need to happen prior to a Laurel funeral. The writers have said the death related to the funeral scene is a proper death and there will be no shenanigans around it. If that is Laurels funeral, then she should be dead, or the writers have lied to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

I am calling shullbit on the death. The whole secret between her and Oliver, docs saying she is fine and that she just needs rest. Conveniently she starts crashing after her and Oliver had that secret. and Olivers face he didnt look too concerned.

I'd say its going to be some sort of ruse

No comebacks. no rise from the dead. No more laurel. I was right about laurel I said it months ago if you look way back and see in this thread I was clearly on the ball plus recently I said it aswell. This death unfortunately is sticking. the actress Kate cassidy is reportedly joining flash for one episode only as earth 2 black canary. She's also reportedly been signed up to a new TV programme and is expected to be a cast regular. people are both heartbroken and angry she's gone but in my opinion laurel has ran out of storylines and I also think it was time to pull the plug on the character black canary is a big deal in the Arrow comic and the TV show I reckon either Sarah will come back and be black canary again or maybe speedy will take the mantle of black canary and colton Haynes will be back as arsenal who knows all conspiracy theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

What really screwed Katie Cassidy/Laurel Lance was the introduction of and development of Felicity/ Emily Bett Rickards. Felicity was never intended to be a regular character and when she was made a regular the story lines and relationships between Oliver and Laurel were shifted to Oliver and Felicty. that is why Laurel suffered as a poorly written character

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

No comebacks. no rise from the dead. No more laurel..

^ This...shes done. She wont be back from the dead. If we see her at all at most it will be a flashback.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

I binge-watched the first three seasons in September, and then the first nine episodes of season 4 the past few days. My most pressing comment I have? I absolutely hate the Laurel Lance character, and her "Canary Cry" looks ridiculously stupid.
    I watched the second nine episodes of the season, I'm very happy with her death.

With Laurel gone, the biggest problems with the show are the pointless, boring flashbacks and Felicity being a moody bitch because Oliver chose his son over her feelings. Fix those, and the show might return to the quality of season 1 and 2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

The significance of the view outside the window of the room will be important.

Who was looking in at the scene?

We were. The viewers. That shot wasn't to imply there was a prowler outside, it was to keep the audience outside. It's a common tactic in film/tv.

Advertisement