Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrow [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well there you go the grave/

Now that was a Black Canary I could get behind I hope she returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Since I watch Supernatural, I knew as soon as she passed them in the hospital that she was gonna play a big part. Though having her as a mini Canary was quite stupid. As was said on other forums do people not realise she's much shorter. She looked like a kid playing dress up. And then they don't even bother explaining how she's using the sonic scream despite the others saying repeatedly that she shouldn't be able to.

Also they're usually good at syncing Flash and Arrow so don't know if this is meant to be set before or after the last couple episodes of Flash with
    Barry's situation there.

The emotional scenes were really well done. The action wasn't. The way the SWAT guys pointed the guns then just gave up. And when mini Canary was hitting the PR guy with weak punches and sound effects

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

"Oh no! He has fired a grappling gun and is oh so slowly rappelling away from us! Our automatic assault rifles are no match for his slow ascent out of the building."

There are times when I wonder why I watch this show. I've always been baffled by people who hate watch shows and then bitch about them every episode.....but I'm starting to think the Arrow/Flash/Legends of tomorrow shows are becoming that for me. They are just SO STUPID on so many irritating levels.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

A lot of people seem to be down on the DC shows at the moment, but I'm not really seeing it myself (barring Barry's utterly stupid decision recently in 'The Flash'). I mean people reacting slowly to a comic book super hero is par for the course - Batman should have been dead ages ago and why not just fire bomb Ollie some day. It's never made much sense so I take it with a pinch of salt.

As to the episode itself, it was a good send off. The flashbacks had a point this week too, filling in a few gaps between S1 and S2. Hoping everyone is now so po'd with Darkh that we go all action for the final few episodes. No more soap opera moments - do you hear me Felicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭squonk

By Arrow standards it was a good episode but, like other posters have mentioned, how the hell could the kid use Laurels sonic whatchacallit. Not explaining was just poor. I don't know also why Mrs. Darkh's crew didn't just blow away Arrow and faux canary while they were having their little crisis char. Ollie should definitely have been plugged before he left as another poster rightly pointed out.

Another annoyance was the fact that Capt. Lance and his wife went gaga over getting Laurel back. You couldn't blame them seeing as, so far, throwing some salt over your shoulder and whispering magic words seems to be about as much as you need to resurrect the dead, except for now when you can't. It's very convenient that Nyssa has destroyed the Lazarus pit. Even so I bet there'll be something else that can suffice when someone needs to come back. Maybe have a chat with Sarah & Co. I'm sure their time traveling ways could be put to use. Apparently anyone can just meet up with Nyssa now as well. She's not much of an ex assassin!

I also felt the gravity of the storyline wrote checks the cast couldn't really handle. Don't get me wrong, I like the cast but they're lightweight enough actors and I don't think high drama is their forté. As he was central to the episode I have to single out Capt. Lance, much as I really like the actor. I don't think he pulled it off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

Best arrow episode iv seen in ages. Felt like we captured some of the magic of season 1 and 2 and really enjoyed the fact this new canary got involved so quickly. Going on from here I think the last few episodes will be brilliant and I've an awful feeling legend's of tomorrow could play a big part in either bringing dark down or maybe bringing laurel back possibly both. Also the fact rip hunter said we will bring you right back to where we collected you suggests Sarah and the atom could already have the solution in bringing dark down atleast 4 episodes left in all 3 shows so nobody knows what could happen all I know is flash is a episode behind arrow judging by the grave scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Farty88 wrote: »
    Best arrow episode iv seen in ages. Felt like we captured some of the magic of season 1 and 2 and really enjoyed the fact this new canary got involved so quickly. Going on from here I think the last few episodes will be brilliant and I've an awful feeling legend's of tomorrow could play a big part in either bringing dark down or maybe bringing laurel back possibly both. Also the fact rip hunter said we will bring you right back to where we collected you suggests Sarah and the atom could already have the solution in bringing dark down atleast 4 episodes left in all 3 shows so nobody knows what could happen all I know is flash is a episode behind arrow judging by the grave scene.

That is a question allright given Rip was going to drop back everyone at the exact same point (or so he says) then is everthing we see could just change. Like next season both Flash and Arrow start slightly different from how it ends this season due to the others coming back. Depending on who stays or goes on Legends

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Everytime I watch this show I can't help but spot the name of one of the co-executive producers (think he sometimes is listed as a writer).... Speed Weed.

what a name!

So ummm you just have to think positively (be full of hope) to stop Darkh's magic... sounds kinda easy for a Hero.

Phil Collins said they would never tour again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

No problem, I can wirelessly clone the sub-luminal processor...

(Also, sub-luminal processor, so you mean, a normal processor then).

I know it's comic book fiction, but really.

All the stupid stuff in both Arrow and Flash (and Legends to a lesser extent [There's just so much stupid in Legends that it's normally difficult to spot the trees for the forest]) is really starting to get tedious. I had to walk away when the above happened, it just hurt too much.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Did not expect so many people to be killed... obviously we don't see them and they are from a town we don't know... but Havenbrook being 20km away also means that now there is a mass grave and nuculear waste ground pretty close by. I really hope that gets more than a passing mention.

I wonder will Ray Palmer make a return to stop the board screwing felicity over. Surely they would have to have given her some prior warning before removing her like they did too (even if she says she is too busy umm just leave her a note saying if she doesen't X, Y or Z you may have to take whatever action for example), that said you can't blame them as it's not like she ever came across as running a company.

As said above I really have to just turn my brain off and not nit pick shows like this and Legends of Tomorrow if I'm going to watch them but it's so hard sometimes like when they specifically say that the thing they need is in Curtis's lab but don't even mention the possibility of getting Curtis to get it for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

....but it's so hard sometimes like when they specifically say that the thing they need is in Curtis's lab but don't even mention the possibility of getting Curtis to get it for them.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I watched it. I was practically shoutng at the screen "just phone Curtis!".
    It's still nowhere near as bad as LofT though, that show is behind hope.

RIP citizens of Monument Point suburb of Havenrock. I have a feeling that this is going to severely mess up Felicity's mind down the line in season 5, even though she couldn't help it, I bet she will blame herself for not being able to prevent this catastrophe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Was Thea not being very selfish in trying to stop mad dude destroying the filters in the bunker/arc
    At least a part of me was thinking if they destroy the filters , it could delay the launch or at least mean the guys launching the nukes would ahve to kill their own families in doing so .
    But good ol THea fighting hard to keep them up so that if the nukes do drop she will be ok.

Was Thea not being very selfish in trying to stop mad dude destroying the filters in the bunker/arc
    At least a part of me was thinking if they destroy the filters , it could delay the launch or at least mean the guys launching the nukes would ahve to kill their own families in doing so .
    But good ol THea fighting hard to keep them up so that if the nukes do drop she will be ok.

To be fair, that was probably the most sensible thing to happen in the entire episode.

I know it's been joked about before, but this really has become the Felicity Smoak show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Total letdown of a season finale compared to The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow. Hopefully what happened in The Flash finale will change some stuff here. Sure the arrow subreddit is littered with posts telling people not to watch the show and they have decided to watch Daredevil instead. All we know about season 5 so far is that the show will be going back to the streets and no more superpowers or magic and more hand to hand combat.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Finale was a letdown, and as much as I love Emily Bett Rickards..... It's time to kill off Felicity, just insufferable at this point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I gave up watching this about 8 episodes ago. How did the season end?

Thought I was watching an episode of Once Upon a Time there.

Did the Hive soldiers really all bring guns yet run in to fight had to hand?

That kind of felt more like a series finale than a season finale.

• Advertisement

That's what I was thinking as well. Would have been for the best unless they plan on bringing in non-lobotomised writing staff for next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Weak. Very weak. Still not sure how Darhk lost his power and I kinda don't care either.

Maybe it was just the copy I watched but did anyone notice a weird green glow or something coming off Ollie's costume near the end of the fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

Yep, noticed that as well. I put it down to during editing the colour grading guys just thinking to themselves that if the writers and producers can't be arsed to make an effort they're just gonna phone it in as well.

Exactly what I thought as I watched it.
    Mr E wrote: »
    Weak. Very weak. Still not sure how Darhk lost his power and I kinda don't care either.
    He didn't lose them, they became worthless when the positive vibes from the crowd of Star City citizens standing up to Darhk topped up the Felicity factor in Oliver.
    Oliver then could channel sufficient positive magic power to counter and even suppress the evil power channeled by Darhk.
    Note how Darhk couldn't even stop Oliver's arrow at that point, only barely moving his head out of the way in time. Presumably falling back to using his League of Assassins tuned reflexes, but even with those the arrow still struck his cheek.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Maybe it was just the copy I watched but did anyone notice a weird green glow or something coming off Ollie's costume near the end of the fight?

If you are referring to the glow that occurs just before Oliver says "No you won't!" Darhk: "How you gonna stop me?" Oliver: "Because it won't just be me...", that was a visual cue as to what was happening with the magic charging up in Oliver, as the support of the citizens boosted whatever power he was already getting from Felicity & Team Arrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Like everyone else here it seems, i didn't enjoy the finale or this season. The writing has gone to pot all the characters are annoying I'm not sure why I still watch the show. I guess the more super hero show's take their plots from their comic book origins the less I enjoy them. Darkh was a rubbish villain (played by a good actor) that I hope is never mentioned again!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Dare I say, Neal McDonough was a bright spot in a sometimes just confusing show..

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

Might shed some light on the current situation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That's a good channel, I've just watched a few of his videos. It's good stuff. :)

Advertisement