Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrow [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

Any more silly than Olly's magic medicine that cures everything? Or miricuru?
    This show has never been realistic ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

squonk wrote: »
    Ras selecting Ollie as the new Demon's head and Laurel taking a few boxing lessons and suiting up as a crime fighter are both undeniably silly though!
    theyve kinda shoehorned themselves into a corner with the ras story, its not like the league of assassins is going anywhere, and ras is adamant that ollie must take his place, i cant see how this is gonna change, unless malcolm challenges ras and beats him, and then becomes the demons head in the process,

the laurel fighting thing was a bit sad, is season 1 she was a bit of butt-kicker already, she didnt suit up but i do recall her taking down one or two perps when the need arose, yet somehow she forgot that and had to go a train again like its something completely alien to her,

once you accept the inconsistency youll enjoy the show much more:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I agree that Arrow has some silly elements but so far is hasn't had a device that could bring someone back from the dead or extend life. It seems likely that Thea will be bought back and so this could be used for any other character that looks like dying.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭KT10

Thea not dead yet, that's what I took from the end of that episode.

Thinking Ras will bait Oliver with the Lazarus pool to accept the position as Demons Head.

We saw a lot of Ray this episode and to be honest, I just wanted to punch him in the face, very, very annoying character.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Very good episode, if not a little predictable. :)

It would have been a decent season finale, but there are still 3 episodes to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Mr E wrote: »
    Very good episode, if not a little predictable. :)

It would have been a decent season finale, but there are still 3 episodes to go.

Totally agree on it being good enough for a season finale. Spoiler for next week
    We finally see the new canary cry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

I loved Arrow season 1 and 2 but this season is really annoying. It reminds me of the bad years of smallville and how I felt they wrote the show for teenagers...

I wish Thea was dead... there, i said it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I wish they'd killed Laurel in the first season, she drives me mad

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    I wish they'd killed Laurel in the first season, she drives me mad

I feel shes been a lot more tolerable lately. They made her less whiney and it makes a difference. Whiney Laurel is just the worst....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Felicity should wear her hair down more often

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I'm a couple of episodes behind, so maybe laurel has improved.
    But, she can't fight. Oliver is constantly having to rescue her.
    But my new annoying person is the captain

• Registered Users Posts: 15,710 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I actually did think that Thea was dead at the end of the last episode but also thought they would bring her back. Tonights episode was ok but nothing great. Fair play to Felicity but she should have used a double or treble dose on him lol then it might have worked. Still would have ended up not being able to get out do. Id say Olivers friend in that place might be the solution to him getting away from there. Will not say how yet as there is clearly some people that have not seen tonights episode yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

That episode really felt like a season finale! Would have been a great season finale. Great cliffhanger

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

AMKC wrote: »
    I actually did think that Thea was dead at the end of the last episode but also thought they would bring her back. Tonights episode was ok but nothing great. Fair play to Felicity but she should have used a double or treble dose on him lol then it might have worked. Still would have ended up not being able to get out do. Id say Olivers friend in that place might be the solution to him getting away from there. Will not say how yet as there is clearly some people that have not seen tonights episode yet.

Is it possible that Oliver can renounce being the leader & give it to Ras aul Ghaul instead as she always wanted it & Ras was too sexist to give it to her ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Is it possible that Oliver can renounce being the leader & give it to Ras aul Ghaul instead as she always wanted it & Ras was too sexist to give it to her ;)

Im going to assume you are referring to his daughter, Nyssa. Possible alright, but my gut says she will be staying on the show as a regular next season. Id guess at Maseo ending up as the head of the demon in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

AMKC wrote: »

Once it's aired you can talk about anything that happened in it. Don't mind anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭sioda

Anyone think Malcolm could somehow step in as the next Ras

sioda wrote: »
    Anyone think Malcolm could somehow step in as the next Ras
    he was his right hand man at one stage, so probably was being groomed to be the next demons head, maseo is ras current right hand man, but i think hes simply filling a vacancy till an appropriate candidate could be found, and seeing as oliver survived ras sword that means hes the only person worth of taking the position,

so malcolm would also have to survive ras sword to take the position, thats what i meant earlier saying they kinda backed themselves into a corner with this story, that the solution is gonna be extremely forced and very unbelievable,

its good to see the rest of them trying to help oliver, but i thought it was weird that laurel didnt know anything was happening at all, i wonder when well get to see her new toy
    cisco gave her,

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭KT10

Glad there's 3 episodes left, looking forward to seeing where they go with the LOA storyline.

I think either Nyssa or Malcolm will step in at the last minute, kill Ras and ascend to be the next Demons Head, Oliver will step aside, but his initiation process will have affected him deeply in someway, all that talk of "Stripping away Oliver Queen" has me thinking he'll come back a different man...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,742 ✭✭✭squonk

By that logic though, Thea has also survived Ras' sword! That'd make her eligible as well!

The whole thing is bunkum I think. Having the League as a force that showed up from time to time would have been OK. Tieing Team Arrow to the League though is a little stupid and a bit like writing yourself into a corner.

Ras beat Ollie one handed. He survived because his buddy resucitated him. They could have just as easilly thrown him into the Lazarus pit. Ras just seems to have decided that Ollie is the man. In a universe where dead isn't permanent, it's a bit strange to decide that the next Ras is the guy who defied it.

At this point even Malcolm loks like a more worthy Ras replacement than Ollie. They should have saves this episode for the finalé. It was a perfect point to end the season. They could easilly have thrown in one or two filler episodes and pushed the last three episodes out I feel. Anything else now has to be an anti-climax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,710 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I was thinking he could do something like that but give it to the lad who helped them get out. But giving it to her makes even more sense as she clearly wants it. Not sure if that other fellow does.

but you have to remember becoming Ras Al Goul isnt something that you train for and get, it has to be faith and some kind of mystical predestination thing that make you the demons head, so not just anyone thats been the league 2 years is qualified to do,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Kirby wrote: »
    Im going to assume you are referring to his daughter, Nyssa. Possible alright, but my gut says she will be staying on the show as a regular next season. Id guess at Maseo ending up as the head of the demon in the end.

Yeah, I was meaning to say Nyssa, but instead i said her Aul Fella :o it was in my head to say it, but typed out that instead :P
    You could be right, as she's too good to miss & could become a silent ally for Oliver?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I'm not too familiar with the comic book material but when Ra's al Ghul was referring to his son and daughter does that mean that Talia doesn't exist in the Arrowverse, and who is the son he is referring to? Is he dead?

I'm not too familiar with the comic book material but when Ra's al Ghul was referring to his son and daughter does that mean that Talia doesn't exist in the Arrowverse, and who is the son he is referring to? Is he dead?

I think he is talking about the family he left before becoming Ra's. I don't think Talia is going to be in Arrow verse at all only nyssa. He told Oliver he has lived for a long time so the son is probably dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Though the story is taking turns we might not have expected, I find it funny that every other week the Flash is telling us where it will go next. We know by the end of the season Ollie is back to his senses, if he had lost them at all; they like to pull the whole 'ha-ha it was a trick' thing on CW. We know now that he is destined to be Green Arrow eventually too. I really think this whole season has been about that duality, the line from Ep1, 'a man cannot live by two names'. I think it has been all about turning him into the Green Arrow. As they said, from killer to vigilante, from vigilante to hero, and from hero to something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,742 ✭✭✭squonk

I thought Green Arrow was Arrow as he is now. Did they not just drop the Green from the show title as Arrow sounded snappier?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

squonk wrote: »
    I thought Green Arrow was Arrow as he is now. Did they not just drop the Green from the show title as Arrow sounded snappier?

Nope. The characters are actually rather far apart. Latest Flash kind of spoils that he will be known as Green Arrow 9 years in the future too.

So that promo for next week; Katana is finally in costume.

Great episode and cool how they changed the opening. From what Ra'As said to Oliver it looks like
    Damien Darhk is with HIVE and is next season's big bad
    plus from the promo for next week
    we finally see Tatsu as Katana

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Really good episode but I'm finding it a little hard to believe Oliver completely forgot who he is after 3 weeks of torture and training. It took him 5 years to come to the position where he is now emotionally, seems like the change to evil Oliver, could have happened over a midseason break, make the timeframe more believable

Although I still find it hard to believe laurel is in any way a competent fighter

Advertisement