Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrow [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

My favourite part about last week's episode was Roy getting the $hit electrocuted out of him and no one cared. Oliver just walked off and left him! :P:D

Basically all Roy ever does is try stop a bad guy, gets beaten or knocked out and Oliver has to come in and win the battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

tvnutz wrote: »
    My favourite part about last week's episode was Roy getting the $hit electrocuted out of him and no one cared. Oliver just walked off and left him! :P:D

Basically all Roy ever does is try stop a bad guy, gets beaten or knocked out and Oliver has to come in and win the battle.

Guggenheim admitted that they messed up with that scene

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

tvnutz wrote: »

I noticed that too. Since they didn't show him again, we can assume that he's dead - or still in the alley groaning for his life and hoping that someone will remember him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

As well as "leaving Roy behind", the scene where Deadshot saves Cupid was very messy and badly put together.

I liked the episode, but there was some very shoddy work there technically. Was this an inexperienced director or something?

Or more likely just tight TV scheduling meaning they couldn't get everything they want.

Arthur Darvill (Rory from Doctor Who) has been cast as
    Rip Hunter
    in the Arrow/Flash spinoff and Ciara Renée as
    Kendra Saunders/Hawkgirl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Was I the only one who thought Cupid was originally written as Harley Quinn (cameo in the first showing of the squad) and once they got told no harley, they rewrote it!

Stephen Amell has just been cast as Casey Jones in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2

• Registered Users Posts: 60,501 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Great to see Shado back even if it's not Shado.

Great episode, with only five episodes left this season I haven't a clue how they are going to resolve everything . If you watch the promos there are 2 out at the moment, a 20 second one which is for the next episode and another one called Sacrifice Look Ahead (or could come up as Broken Arrow Extended Promo - duration 1.16) which has major spoilers for rest of season. So if unlike me you want to avoid spoilers then don't watch the look ahead video or extended promo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

That was a major improvement, although the flashbacks are too slow and not half as interesting as the island ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So Lance knew Laurel was Canary and Roy was Arsenal. Was it really that hard to link them to Ollie? Especially since he seems to occasionally work with an African American male and seems only 1 man in Starling City matches that description. :)

Best promo ever

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Well that was shocking... :eek:

Lulled into a false sense with the fake out, then Baaammm, right in the feels!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah I was like :eek:, then I was :pac:, then I was :eek::eek::eek:

Mr E wrote: »
    Yeah I was like :eek:, then I was :pac:, then I was :eek::eek::eek:

I was the same but I thought it was
    Roy
    as I accidentally saw the thumbnail for the promo for next week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

jesus this show just seems all over the map, their juggling 4 or 5 stories at once,

that in my opinion was just a stupid move, i mean i didnt like thea at all in season 1, but season 2 i started to like her development, and she is nowhere near the end of that, and then they ****ing kill her, id love to know what the writers would be thinking at times, now roy is gone, thea is dead, ray is heading over to his own show, and laurel doesnt seem to be doing anything at all the last few episodes,

next season is gonna be ollie diggle and felicity, not being team arrow, cause the arrow is now dead,

this show is maddening, there is a great show in there if only the writers can get their heads out of their asses,

• Registered Users Posts: 60,501 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lazarus pit to come into play? (This time)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ras hasn't had much success killing people for good, so who knows if she's gone for good?

Could be an "I'll bring her back if you come with me" move...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Isn't the lazarus pit a bit too fantastical for arrow? It tends to be mostly scientific, even with the metahumans. I doubt they will have Thea die but I'm hoping Merlyn is killed avenging the attack on her.

Ray "Atom" is too like Felicity. He is becoming a bit annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

Ray "Atom" is too like Felicity. He is becoming a bit annoying.

Never!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Isn't the lazarus pit a bit too fantastical for arrow? It tends to be mostly scientific, even with the metahumans.

They jumped that shark when Ras explained how he was several hundred years old. Any semblance of realism is gone, I think they realise it's gone so the original idea of "no superpowers" went with it. It makes no sense to have a spinoff like the flash with all these kooky abilities and have crossovers without acknowledging it. :)

I think you guys are right about Thea and the Lazarus pit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Isn't the lazarus pit a bit too fantastical for arrow?

Fantastical or not, the pit has already been introduced, so it will very probably come into play now given what has just happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,816 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I did not think that they had killed Roy. But Thea being killed was a surprise. Even at that I would not be surprised if they brought her back some way. I think the biggest problem with Arrow now is they seem to be afraid to Kill a character off. They Killed Oliver and then brought him back now Roy the same and maybe the same with Thea too.
    Its a pity as Arrow in season 1 and 2 was an excellent show but I think they are now trying to do too much at the one time. I really don,t like how Captain stuck up has turned out ie Laurals Father.
    As for Felicity being annoying no way I could watch her all day.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

The pit is in Ras's plans hence the whole he'll beg me line. Well that's what I got from it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭squonk

That episode was quite a shock. For a while it made convoluted sense. Several episodes of a lead up to Oliver being sidelined so that the Atom could finally get his crime fighting career under way. I was impressed up til then. I thought it made a good bit of sense.

Barry being too busy with Wells? They kind of resolved that last Flash episode to the point where it is just going to be an ongoing thing. He's the flash so can get places quickly and would have dealith with the vilain of the week in no time. That whole premise to make him unavailable was just shaky.

Even when Arrow has people rallying round to help him out he's still a dick. I know Ray is like a big child but a few quiet words might have been better than the equivalent of "I'm the Arrow and I do this all the time! I'm brilliant! You're starting out! You're obviously gonna be shít! I better do it all for you!".

I think the show jumped the shark for me when Ras turned up hell bend on having Ollie become the new Ras Al Goul. It's a bit like Tim Cook showing up at my desk telling me he'd chosen me to head up Apple after he retires on Monday. Ollie isn't remotely qualified to head up the league of assassins. I just don't know why this doesn't make sense to the writers!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

squonk wrote: »
    I think the show jumped the shark for me when Ras turned up hell bend on having Ollie become the new Ras Al Goul. It's a bit like Tim Cook showing up at my desk telling me he'd chosen me to head up Apple after he retires on Monday. Ollie isn't remotely qualified to head up the league of assassins. I just don't know why this doesn't make sense to the writers!

There's that phrase been thrown around again... As Inigo Montoya might say, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means, what you think it means." ;)

If the rest of the season involved Arrow going into space and fighting space aliens who threaten the existence of the human race, that would be jumping the shark. Ra's Al Ghul showing up, not so much...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

There's that phrase been thrown around again... As Inigo Montoya might say, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means, what you think it means." ;)

If the rest of the season involved Arrow going into space and fighting space aliens who threaten the existence of the human race, that would be jumping the shark. Ra's Al Ghul showing up, not so much...

At it's most basic, jumping the shark refers to silliness. Because that's what the fonz jumping sharks was....silly. And a magic pool that can revive the dead in a show that was originally grounded in reality.....is silly. There is no getting around that.

Now some might argue it's canon and they would be right but it's still silly. Men who can burn people by looking at them is silly. Just because they aren't going to space doesn't mean its not silly.

Personally, I'm fine with it because as I previously said you cant have a show like the Flash be a companion show and do crossovers while not acknowledging the meta humans and the fanciful parts of the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭squonk

Ras selecting Ollie as the new Demon's head and Laurel taking a few boxing lessons and suiting up as a crime fighter are both undeniably silly though!

Advertisement