Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrow [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Which canary sara or laurel? Sara's costume was fine but laurel's has way too many buckels

Sara's. It was ridiculous. Like something drawn by a 13 year old boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So the comic actually killed off a recurring character from the show which I found a stupid thing to do
    Bronze Tiger
    was killed in this week's issue of the webcomic

Yeah I saw that, I think the comic is alright. in the flash one, felicity got her own nemesis and killer shark was introduced

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Yeah I saw that, I think the comic is alright. in the flash one, felicity got her own nemesis and killer shark was introduced

Loved Killer Shark in Assault on Arkham, great character with lots of potential but unfortunately wouldn't transfer well to big or small screen live action.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭squonk

I wish they'd put the Sarah death thing to bed for once and for all. I could see the point earlier of not letting Detective Lance know that she's dead but this week using a voice simulator to hold conversations with him as Sarah seems just stupid. It's hard to take a show seriously that does something like this. I'd prefer if they took 5 minutes, had an adult conversation about it at this stage and moved on.

Agreed. It's manufactured angst and drama.

Not telling him straight away because of his heart? Understandable. Wrong, but understandable. But after a week you tell the man his daughter is dead.

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    Agreed. It's manufactured angst and drama.

Not telling him straight away because of his heart? Understandable. Wrong, but understandable. But after a week you tell the man his daughter is dead.

It really got into stupid territory last week, with that. I think that they wish that they had cast Emily Rickards as Laurel though, at least her and Oliver actually have something onscreen. Oliver and Laurel right now looks like he wants to tell her F**k off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

It really got into stupid territory last week, with that. I think that they wish that they had cast Emily Rickards as Laurel though, at least her and Oliver actually have something onscreen. Oliver and Laurel right now looks like he wants to tell her F**k off

There's something very gaunt and stern looking about Katie Cassidy's face that I just don't dig. She looks emotionless or something.
    If I was doing the casting I'd probably leave Emily Bett as Felicity and swap the Canaries around. Emily Bett Rickards and Caity Lotz are just hotness and sizzle on the show! Willa is lovely as well.
    I wonder how long after death a Lazarus pit could bring someone back? Nyssa used a Lazarus pit in some one of the comics I think. I know it's a long shot but maybe she could bring Sara back?

They cant do that. They've made their decision regarding Sara and to try and undo that would be story telling suicide. It would remove all notions of peril and danger in the show.

I think they cast it well to be honest. There was nothing wrong with Katie Cassidy as Laurel. At least the Cassidy of 5 years ago. Who looked beautiful. She was attractive and normal looking. I suppose they didn't know she would turn into the stick thin, deformed chin monster we know today. Hollywood really does mess people up.

Alright episode. Seems like Lance is finally going to find out about Sara and looks like its the end of Oliver/Felicity....for a while(knowing the CW).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

OMG Ollicity !!
    Seriously though, this is probably just a temporary blip, so that Felicity can be all huffy with Arrow and hanging around instead with Ray Palmer, helping set the scene for The Atom.

• Advertisement

duridian wrote: »
    OMG Ollicity !!
    Seriously though, this is probably just a temporary blip, so that Felicity can be all huffy with Arrow and hanging around instead with Ray Palmer, helping set the scene for The Atom.

it's typical CW storyline, give the couple a chance of romance, then break it off for some reason, see other people, major event happens , end up together for real. They'll be together by end of season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

It's a real messy storyline now as articulated by Felicity at the end there. It's just unbelievable the lengths the show is going to now kill off Barrowman.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,500 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Arrow's New Suicide Squad: First Look Photo Released

spoiler link

I thought the dialogue and acting in that episode was really, really horrific. It's like the writer had never seen two people interact or have a conversation before. People don't talk like that, even in a comic book universe. Especially those flashbacks with Merlin. Dear god that was terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Kirby wrote: »
    I thought the dialogue and acting in that episode was really, really horrific. It's like the writer had never seen two people interact or have a conversation before. People don't talk like that, even in a comic book universe. Especially those flashbacks with Merlin. Dear god that was terrible.

Have to agree. I mean the dialogue is always a bit clunky but it was exceptionally so in this episode. Is there any crossover in writing staff between Flash and Arrow because the former are doing a hell of a better job then the latter at the moment.

They even managed to tuen Felicity into a whiney bore. Reminded me of Lana, in Smallville

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭KT10

Don't like the helmet. Doesn't really hide his identity if he becomes a vigilante

Unless he's going all Tony Stark and it and doesn't care people know its him cause he's a billionare and has an Atom suit? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just watched this week's episode
    Was strange that they just revealed all secrets to the people they were keeping them from the most - Ollie/team and Thea; Laurel and her dad.

Better now to move things along. Though I still wonder how the owner of a club never once thought to actually check out the basement and try to get something done about it

KT10 wrote: »
    Unless he's going all Tony Stark and it and doesn't care people know its him cause he's a billionare and has an Atom suit? :D

Vigilantism only works when they don't know who you are. If they know your name, they show up at your door and arrest you because it's against the law.

Stark getting away with it is plausible because he's not taking down criminals and is therefore not a vigilante. He spends his time with strange little kids instead.....hmm....yeah Stark really should have been arrested. :p

Casting News
    Doug Jones to play Deathbolt, a metahuman with the ability to harness and weaponize plasma energy
    http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/02/18/arrow-doug-jones-to-play-dc-comics-villain-deathbolt

• Advertisement

Good episode especially the flashbacks especially the quick cameo of Marc Singer as General Shrieve of the Creature Commandos. next week looks epic

• Registered Users Posts: 60,500 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Interesting last scene.

Interesting last scene.

Yeah there were good parts in the episode, Ray taking off in the ATOM suit reminds me of the first Iron Man movie and Laurel taking on Malcolm was laughable. I have a feeling Oliver is gonna accept the offer as from some images I have seen for an upcoming episode
    Roy is wearing the Arrow suit

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'd really love for Laurel to die. Such an awful character and actress.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

titan18 wrote: »
    I'd really love for Laurel to die. Such an awful character and actress.
    I wouldn't say shes a bad actress, just an annoying character.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

First line from Ollie in the next episode: "So that's how you pronounce it?!"

Very Iron Man type ATOM

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Really confused by this burning desire in Oliver to save Merlyns life. Unless Merlyn ends up in the cell beside Slade at the end of this seasons I will be very disappointed. I think in the case of a serial killer Vengeance is Justice

Deadline is reporting that a new DC Comics series is in the early stages of development, that will feature several fan-favorite recurring actors/characters from both shows. The new series is designed to serve as an ongoing team-up of superheroes with Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller and Caity Lotz (it is unclear whether Lotz will play Sara or a new superhero) all planned to star. The series will also introduce at least three DC Comics characters that have never before appeared on live-action television!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Really confused by this burning desire in Oliver to save Merlyns life.

They've already paid Barrowman for the whole season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Wentworth Miller
    yes to everything, except this, hes just terrible, drags everything down

Advertisement