Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrow [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

I agree, and for that reason I believe it will be another one of their extreme suspension of disbelief moments where they turn around in the end and tell us it was all part of Oliver's plan all along. It wouldn't be the first time. And what other options have they really left themselves? We see Oliver as a good guy again in the Flash finale, a week after the Arrow finale. In the Arrow finale they apparently will introduce Dark in a big way for next season while also resolving in someway the showdown to come, and I don't see any other way to do this other than Oliver is faking. Plus every character makes a big deal several times how they don't believe he has truly changed.

Either that or Dark shows up, kills R'as, take the bio-weapon, and then next season is Oliver trying to use the League to stop him. From what R'as has told us of Dark funnily enough, he sounds more like the Liam Neeson R'as.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭KT10

I'm going to hold my hand up here, I've only watched up to ep. 8 of the Flash, and if I hadn't read it here about Laurel getting the Caneries Cry or whatever its called, I'd have been a bit confused...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Oh no. First it was Thea then Laurel and now I am even starting to find Felicity annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 13,854 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Oh no. First it was Thea then Laurel and now I am even starting to find Felicity annoying

Get out! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

The only character I truly look forward to seeing onscreen anymore is Nyssa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,430 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Flash and Arrow spinoff
    The CW's The Flash and Arrow spinoff will not battle it out in pilot season like other new orders and will instead go straight to series when it debuts in January, according to star Victor Garber.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s246/the-flash/news/a645374/victor-garber-reveals-the-cws-flash-and-arrow-spinoff-will-go-straight-to-series.html#~pbz1UNFXiSHgoQ

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Link not working I'm afraid

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

It's also reported a 3-minute teaser will be released May 14th at the CW's Upfronts presentation.

Also should a new thread be started to discuss the show instead of using the Arrow and Flash threads ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,881 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So with Deadshot being killed off, supposedly because of Will Smith's Deadshot and seeing the Suicide Squad pic today, I was wondering will they also write Katana out of Arrow or just not refer to her as Katana?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Even if this season has been a bit of a let down compared to season 1 and 2, that episode was pretty awesome... It could've worked well as a season finale, so I wonder how next week's actual season finale pans out... I'm expecting at least 1 death from the main cast - there's been enough fake outs this season already...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I'm not sure, Roy has left so I can't see them killing off another character

Brilliant episode and I cannot wait for next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Love the show but hated this episode / this season in general. The whole "he's dead" to "oh he's grand" fake out, followed by the "he's bad, he's good" fake out. Seriously writers PICK ONE

Nah. The coming back from the dead thing was cool and really through everyone. This on the other hand feels like they backed themselves into a corner and had to cop out to come back from it. I called this last week. I'm a bit miffed that they will clearly do the same thing with the final scene (then again they made it quite obvious that the vial wasn't holding Alpha Omega; different coloring, different effect).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

GodlessM wrote: »
    Nah. The coming back from the dead thing was cool and really through everyone. This on the other hand feels like they backed themselves into a corner and had to cop out to come back from it. I called this last week. I'm a bit miffed that they will clearly do the same thing with the final scene (then again they made it quite obvious that the vial wasn't holding Alpha Omega; different coloring, different effect).

I think the fake evil bit would have been alot better if it had longer to play out! But currently I find it hard to believe Ra's fell for this ruse....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

So eh... how does Oliver show up in next weeks Flash.....?

Are the episode showing out of sync?

OmegaRed wrote: »
    So eh... how does Oliver show up in next weeks Flash.....?

Are the episode showing out of sync?

Yeah there are plenty of threads on the Arrow and Flash sub reddits asking this question and some seem to say watch arrow finale and then Flash. I have a feeling that one of the producers will have to clarify the timeline before the Flash episode airs . I couldn't see Evil Oliver asking Ra'As to let him go and help Barry so it could be, given what was in the promo..
    Barry helps Oliver in finale and once Arrow finale ends asks for help against Wells and the only reason he is wearing the Assassins outfit is cos the Arrow suit is in police lockup.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Brilliant episode.

It's ironic how much fun Arrow is when Oliver Queen is not on screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Yeah there are plenty of threads on the Arrow and Flash sub reddits asking this question and some seem to say watch arrow finale and then Flash. I have a feeling that one of the producers will have to clarify the timeline before the Flash episode airs . I couldn't see Evil Oliver asking Ra'As to let him go and help Barry so it could be, given what was in the promo..
    Barry helps Oliver in finale and once Arrow finale ends asks for help against Wells and the only reason he is wearing the Assassins outfit is cos the Arrow suit is in police lockup.

There's 2 more episodes of the Flash left this season and only 1 Arrow, so the Arrow finale will be on before Flash finale...

Would that make more sense? I haven't watched any promos...

• Advertisement

There's 2 more episodes of the Flash left this season and only 1 Arrow, so the Arrow finale will be on before Flash finale...

yeah I think next week, watch arrow first and then flash. Somebody will probably clarify the viewing order before the flash episode as there is plenty of confusion over this topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

this death **** is gone completely insane, like they are actually gonna kill the entire ****ing cast, just so ****ing stupid, there is no suspense, do the writers believe that we're that ****ing stupid as to believe they killed everyone in that room, its insulting to my intelligence if im being honest

i cant believe people get paid to come up with this ****,

don ramo wrote: »
    this death **** is gone completely insane, like they are actually gonna kill the entire ****ing cast, just so ****ing stupid, there is no suspense, do the writers believe that we're that ****ing stupid as to believe they killed everyone in that room, its insulting to my intelligence if im being honest

Whoever does the promos for the show spoiled what happened straight away and they released more promo photos for the episode on numerous sites along with an extended promo on their facebook page.

PS. the plot for the spinoff has finally been revealed. I started a new thread for it
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057426365

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

don ramo wrote: »

Of course it was not their intention to make you think they died, everyone knows they are not going to kill off the entire cast. The mystery is how Oliver has deceived Ras, he has to make him think his friends are dead, the writers don't actually expect you to think they are dead. Relax!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

tvnutz wrote: »
    Of course it was not their intention to make you think they died, everyone knows they are not going to kill off the entire cast. The mystery is how Oliver has deceived Ras, he has to make him think his friends are dead, the writers don't actually expect you to think they are dead. Relax!
    ya i should hope they dont expect me to buy it, cause its so bloody bad, their just simply dragging it out, and its just going on far to long at this point, these people are idiots, getting paid millions to write substandard drivel, what happened to the people that were writing for season 1 and 2, cause its certainly not the ones writing season 3,

for anyone currently watching person of interest, its just a shining light of creative storytelling, and its completely original, 4 seasons in and its still getting better, whereas you have arrow, a show that has decades of storyline to draw from in the comics, plus anything original anyone with half a brain writing for the show can come up with, and here we are the end of season 3, and its looking like the well is dry,

• Registered Users Posts: 28,881 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think one of the main problems with Arrow in general, at least with this season, is they're using him as a Bruce Wayne substitute and using Batman stories for inspiration instead of Green Arrow stories.

But I thought this was a really good episode. Though the Katana appearance did seem a bit random. And really strange timing considering the movie version reveal this week

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

Sure oliver talked to Barry and is going to go back in time and stop it all bit of a Bobby and dallas thing it will be like this season never happened

Yeah but Oliver shows up in next week's episode of the Flash, not the finale.

I don't think they need to do that much explaining. They have confirmed for us that Oliver is still Oliver, so it only takes a line of dialogue to explain how he got to Central City.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

Am I the only one who hopes Oliver stays bad permanently?
    V enjoyable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Those assassins are really crap. They fell down after nothing. It must be poor training in the league.

Advertisement