Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrow [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Yeah there were good parts in the episode, Ray taking off in the ATOM suit reminds me of the first Iron Man movie

Glad you made that point, because that's one thing that annoyed me. At least in Iron man there's some struggle to get used to the suit and flying etc. Ray just hopped in and started flying around the place

Solid episode though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Glad you made that point, because that's one thing that annoyed me. At least in Iron man there's some struggle to get used to the suit and flying etc. Ray just hopped in and started flying around the place

Solid episode though.

Totally agree with you. I mean he just put on the suit and took off flying through the city without testing it properly, what if it shuts down mid flight. Doubt we will see him shrinking until he moves to the spin off show though

• Registered Users Posts: 60,500 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Arrow executive producer has confirmed...
    that the show won't be allowed to use Dr. Harleen Frances Quinzel again due to David Ayers' Suicide Squad and Fox's Gotham. The "wink and nod" in season 2 is as close as Arrow will ever come to using the character.

Spoiler Link

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Well that's a shame considering that they're deliberately keeping the filmverse and the tv-verse separate.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,964 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah and sure we've already had Suicide Squad and Flash on tv that are being made into movies. Though
    what's Gotham got to do with it, unless we're getting Harleen as a girl, or do they just have the exclusive tv rights to all Bat characters now? Except Ra's Al Ghul, of course, even though he'd be perfect for Gotham since he can be a fully formed villain without having to worry about his age

• Advertisement

Well that's a shame considering that they're deliberately keeping the filmverse and the tv-verse separate.

They may be separate universes but the movie verse will probably get first priority over certain characters from now on e.g. I doubt Rick Flagg or Enchantress will appear in Arrow or Flash with them being in the movie but seeing as Deadshot already has I doubt they will stop Arrow from using him again. The same could be said with Gotham and certain Batman characters .

This really could do with with some of the Flash's
    Time Travel
    to bring it back to when it was a good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

Time Travel

^ got that one right!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Time Travel

i just cant put my finger on were there going wrong on this but theres just something not right this season lots of good things on paper but there not coming off right and the laurel character just irritates me anytime shes on screen now

Yeah this episode was alright . Saw a teaser video that was shown at Paleyfest last weekend and let's just say, I can't wait for the next 3 episodes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

The season has been all over the place but the introduction of Ra's al Ghul has been the one highlight. The indifference shown about Malcolm Merlin pisses me off but I guess there just not going to get rid of him.
    Glad Nyssa staying for what looks like for a few episodes. She's so pretty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

The story has waxed and waned this season but now Rs's has arrived in Starling city it will obviously shift gears

Hopefully it gets the series back on track

Laurel and Thea, there are your problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Laurel and Thea, there are your problems

The only characters in the show that AREN'T awful are Felicity, Diggle and Capt. Lance (at a stretch). Also, Ray Palmer but he's a recurring guest star. Every other character on the show is either utterly detestable or too boring to care about.

Yeah but it's those two that drag Ollie down so much

I actually find Laurel ok this season. She has a purpose and isn't shoe-horned as Ollie's love interest. Thea, I agree, is pretty useless and her interactions with her mass-murdering bio -dad are just confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

The only characters in the show that AREN'T awful are Felicity, Diggle and Capt. Lance (at a stretch). Also, Ray Palmer but he's a recurring guest star. Every other character on the show is either utterly detestable or too boring to care about.

I used to love her but over the last few episodes they've seemed to Laurelify her. Constantly nagging Oliver and sounding like she's on the verge of tears over minor things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

whatever happened to his fathers revenge list, they really need to get the team back on point, get rid of merlin, get thea and laurel fighting or working on completing their training, or get rid of them,

their installing so many road blocks that are hindering the story development, its only season 3 and they already have lance back fighting with the arrow, possibly 4 seasons to go, now we have ras running around in arrow uniform, felicity is missing 80% of the time, we arent seeing much of palmer and her developing the ATOM suit, the odd 90 second clip, they went out of their way to make felicity a main character, but now all they want to do is sideline her,

the show is just all over the place, no coherence in the last 5-10 episodes,

Good episode, can't wait for next week

Well that's a good old fashioned cliffhanger ending.

• Advertisement

Republic of Kasnia- what a terrible name. Thought the suicide squad was a bit of a distraction but great ending. I somehow doubt they would kill off that character. Sure the flash could just turn back time and save her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Missed a trick to throw a nod to superman and brandon routh in the interview room when she said about the x ray vision, I really thought she'd say something, good episode finally seeing a bit of atom

• Registered Users Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭pah

mightyreds wrote: »
    Missed a trick to throw a nod to superman and brandon routh in the interview room when she said about the x ray vision, I really thought she'd say something, good episode finally seeing a bit of atom

How did they miss a trick? I thought it was an obvious nod the way it played out.

Not to be outdone by the cool video in the Flash thread of the guys singing the Ballad of Serenity, Stephen Amell did something really cool for a fan

http://www.inquisitr.com/1953481/arrow-star-stephen-amell-suits-up-but-not-for-the-role-you-might-think/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I didn't like that episode, it was like they threw everything into 1 episode, so just because of a quick chat when they are in suit means that Flash and Atom are friends, the whole Felicity playing both sides is just thrown away, the Suicide Squad, lets try to make a baddie into a goodie and then have him sacrifice himself, there was no reason for him to stay on top of the building with the time that was left

Clareman wrote: »
    I didn't like that episode, it was like they threw everything into 1 episode, so just because of a quick chat when they are in suit means that Flash and Atom are friends, the whole Felicity playing both sides is just thrown away,

I'm sure Nyssa woud be willing to help with that. :)
    the Suicide Squad, lets try to make a baddie into a goodie and then have him sacrifice himself, there was no reason for him to stay on top of the building with the time that was left

Of course there was. He'll survive, have major reconstructive surgery, then come back in time for the movie looking like Will Smith. So the same way they put JFK into hiding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

I wonder was it cause of the Will Smith version of Deadshot that he met his end now? Similarly to Arrow not being allowed to use Harley Quinn due to the new movie, maybe DC said they couldn't use Deadshot either? And this was just a swift way to say goodbye to the character?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

They have been fairly adament that their TV, Comic and Movie Universes will be kept completely separate unlike Marvel, so cleaning stuff up for movies wouldn't make sense, I think it was just a "oh f**k" we have to move things on and we've too much happening at the moment so lets clean up some loose ends.

I wonder was it cause of the Will Smith version of Deadshot that he met his end now? Similarly to Arrow not being allowed to use Harley Quinn due to the new movie, maybe DC said they couldn't use Deadshot either? And this was just a swift way to say goodbye to the character?

That's what I was thinking when it happened. All original members apart from Waller are dead on Arrow. I wonder if the movie wasn't happening would they have still killed him off. He's definitely dead as Guggenheim said so on his Tumblr page.
    They have been fairly adament that their TV, Comic and Movie Universes will be kept completely separate unlike Marvel,
    I don't think this is 100% true anymore as Arrow have killed off all original members of their Suicide Squad and Lyla has left ARGUS so they have no real reason to have Diggle team up with them again. Any character that will appear in the movie verse probably will not appear in the CW verse (apart from Ezra Miller's Flash) so Arrow probably won't get another high profile character like Ra'As Al Ghul again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

(apart from Ezra Miller's Flash) .

And Ezra Miller could be playing the Wally West Flash, not the barry allen. This would again keep it seperate

Advertisement