Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrow [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭chelseaaremagic

Ferris air billboard in flash last week and "crew'travelling by ferris air in arrow this week... could these nods to 'green lantern' mean he will be in DC legends???

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Plenty of Ferris Air references in both shows before so as much as I would like Lantern, I doubt we'll get him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

I think when people theorized before that Digg would become John Stewart the producers said they had no lantern plans whatsoever, and this was only about 2mths ago. Sure Ferris Air has been popping up since Season 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Ferris air billboard in flash last week and "crew'travelling by ferris air in arrow this week... could these nods to 'green lantern' mean he will be in DC legends???

They are just easter eggs, there have been plenty of nods to other heroes in both shows like Roy being called Jason was a nod to Jason Todd. The amount of special effects that would be needed for Green Lantern's constructs would be very time consuming for a network show and he is probably going to appear in the Justice League movie in a few years time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SoftMicro

I find myself skipping every scene that Felicity is in. Such an awful moan. Her character is the worst thing about the show imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

SoftMicro wrote: »
    I find myself skipping every scene that Felicity is in. Such an awful moan. Her character is the worst thing about the show imo.
    oh yeah theyve completely ruined the character, totally whiny and moaning all the bloody time, it just further proof of bad writing on the show, i mean she doesnt need to be massively altered to go fighting or anything like they did with laurel or thea, felicity has the same role shes always had,

weve seen her on flash, those writers did a great job with her, they played up all her positive attributes, unlike arrow where they seem to want to bring her down to ollies level of self pitty,

i hope the can rectify all these issues theyve been installing for the sake of it all season, and get the show back on track

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

The only real problem with Felicity the last while is that she's been bogged down with relationship stuff for far too much. Hopefully in season 4, they'll finally get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SoftMicro

If they do kill any of the main characters in the finale I wouldn't be surprised if it was her. Haven't heard any rumours of main characters getting killed off this finale though.

If she is still on the show next season, the writers better step it up with her character. I really like Laurel and Thea's characters compared to the start of the series, so fingers crossed they apply the same to Felicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭KT10

Is it just me or is Caption Atom (or whatever the f*ck he's called) just completely useless?

Seriously, every appearance, he's made a balls of things and made sh!te of himself in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

KT10 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is Caption Atom (or whatever the f*ck he's called) just completely useless?

Seriously, every appearance, he's made a balls of things and made sh!te of himself in the process.

Do you think he would make more sense if the scientist with no fighting training became a badass just from wearing a techno-suit? There's enough leaps in skill to go around without adding more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭KT10

GodlessM wrote: »
    Do you think he would make more sense if the scientist with no fighting training became a badass just from wearing a techno-suit? There's enough leaps in skill to go around without adding more.
    Seemed to work out OK for Iron Man :D

KT10 wrote: »
    Seemed to work out OK for Iron Man :D

He had an AI controlling most of the suit

if anybody wasn't sure about watching Flash in case of spoilers for Arrow, you can watch tomorrow's episode and not get spoiled. Even though Flash episode 22 should have aired last week it looks like they were rewritten to allow for the out of sync episodes. Guggenheim mentioned in interview today
    "if you watch episode 23 of Arrow with 23 of Flash back to back, Barry goes straight *from** Arrow into the season finale of Flash*"

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Very good finale, and would have worked well as a series finale if needed. What happened to Ray was a bit of a red herring though.

I wonder how the new Ras and Damien Darhk are going to play into season 4... Christopher Heyerdahl would be a great addition to the cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭homingbird

I can't believe it happened to ray as well was that the start of the next scene instead!!!

Mr E wrote: »
    Very good finale, and would have worked well as a series finale if needed. What happened to Ray was a bit of a red herring though.

I wonder how the new Ras and Damien Darhk are going to play into season 4... Christopher Heyerdahl would be a great addition to the cast.

Wasn't Heyerdahl's character just a stand in for Darhk who was killed by an assassin. Why would they get an actor like him for a quick scene and kill him off? They could have used a lesser known actor for that scene. Compared to the last season finale, 2 was better but this worked perfectly as a series finale. Ray obviously isn't dead but was just miniaturized and also he should be appearing in the Flash finale along with the rest of the cast of Legends of tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Wasn't Heyerdahl's character just a stand in for Darhk who was killed by an assassin. Why would they get an actor like him for a quick scene and kill him off?

I think they mentioned that the guy in the hotel was a lookalike (or words to that effect).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Weak finale to a forgettable season, Brick was the best villain this series and he only appeared in what 3 episodes?

Mr E wrote: »
    I think they mentioned that the guy in the hotel was a lookalike (or words to that effect).

Yeah I know he was just a stand in, but I am saying why have a character actor like him appear for a small role and kill him off so quickly and not get an actor that looks like him play the stand in instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,417 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The whole Ray thing doesn't really add drama as they have promoted him heavily being the spin off.

It was an ok finale to an ok season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

This was a very poor season. And the resolution of the Merlyn storyline made very little sense. Didn't Nyssa beat him in single combat before,why not try again. This was the worst Ra' Al Ghul storyline i've ever encountered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

Poor all round. Every time I watched this season I had bad flashbacks to Smallville. The writes seem to makes this stuff up on the day they shoot. I'm amazed it's the same team that does the flash...

Legends of tomorrow trailer looks awesome though even if it spoils a few things!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I enjoyed it but I echo most peoples sentiments regarding the writing. It's shockingly bad. So the purpose of Olivers fake switch and acting all evil culminated in his master plan to......crash the plane they were in. Which was foiled by a parachute. :P

What the actual f*ck? Where is the logic in that? Why go to all the trouble in the first place?

So, so sloppy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭sioda

sioda wrote: »
    Anyone think Malcolm could somehow step in as the next Ras
    I was right GO ME :)

Very weak finale all round tbh. Felt Ras went down with out too much of a fight. Like how Merlin tried to tie himself into the prophesy though.

Not sure about Thea either.

Will be interested to see what happens next year though and the spin off looks class

In an interview with E!, Stephen Amell revealed
    that he was finished as the Arrow."Arrow is done," he revealed. "No more Arrow suit. I've worn it for the last time." Obviously he means that he become the Green Arrow and has a new suit seeing as the Arrow suit is locked up in police evidence

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/arrows-stephen-amell-reveals-oliver-queens-future

• Registered Users Posts: 60,417 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Arrow star Willa Holland told fans at the MCM London event over the weekend that the Warner Bros movie will prevent a return appearance for Tara Strong as Harley Quinn.

"We had big plans for Harley. But, I guess something came down from DC execs that told us to shut it down," Holland revealed.

"I mean we had that tease with the pigtails and the ARGUS outfit but, we'll never see it. We would love to [have] Harley in Arrow, but it will never happen."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s206/arrow/news/a649139/dc-comics-blocked-arrows-major-plans-for-harley-quinn-says-willa-holland.html#~pdOAQE8eQVFzZ2

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Seeing as Captain Boomerang is also in Suicide Squad would that mean we won't see him again in Arrow or The Flash?

• Advertisement

Seeing as Captain Boomerang is also in Suicide Squad would that mean we won't see him again in Arrow or The Flash?

Yeah it's highly unlikely that any form of the suicide squad or its members will be in Arrow or flash anymore

Advertisement