Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrow [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Wow, what an episode. That took balls from the writers

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Did not see that coming. Could the

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Did not see that coming. Could the
    But based on the shows timeline he would only be 6 or 7 at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

I really thought the writers had chickened out when Slade put the gun back in is coat pocket............ then
    WC8eAmd.gif

Thank god Sarah is gone, she added nothing to the show in the present timeline and was actually more of a distraction. No doubt she'll be back after blaming herself for Ollie and family getting taken :rolleyes:

With Merlin mentioned, maybe he'll be back before the end of the season. Hard to see how he would fit into the story at this stage though?

Edit:
    Malcolm Merlin will be back for last 2 episodes

Only 3 left to go.....!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Wow, some episode. Wasn't expecting that at all! Although, all the signs were there throughout the episode, Moira saying she knew Oliver was the Arrow and she was proud of him, all the flashback stuff of her looking after him.

More of an impact than Tommy's death anyway

But based on the shows timeline he would only be 6 or 7 at this stage?
    Yeah that's the thing but they probably won't introduce him for another season or two and the TV show isn't really following the comics e.g Sara and Thea never existed in comics

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

[snip]
    I'd imagine she's gone to fetch Malcolm, presumably they met in the League of Assassins.

Excellent episode again, can't wait for the final few.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,971 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm assuming she'd still be alive if she had withdrawn. And that she was about to tell them Merlyn was still alive.

Really wish Ollie would just tell Thea the truth to shut her up and then they won't have to keep anything from her that she could complain about.

And did I ever say I really like the Canary outfit? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,911 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Holy f*ck but wish Thea died instead of Moira

Malcolm back now to team up with Ollie/Arrow to kill Slade please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

With Moira now gone, I wonder has CW been subliminally foreshadowing a plot point with the inclusion of a brief clip of Ollie at a "Queen for Mayor" podium in the intros.

It's probably unlikely, even though it has happened in the comic series, but it would be an interesting development all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Walt Grace

Wow!

Awesome episode. Great end to it (did not see that coming at all!).

Would still have preferred Sara to have died but there is still time for that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Really not understanding why people want Sarah to die! I think she has been a breath of fresh air and is a really good character. laurel on the other hand...if there was anyone that was more useless it is her.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭squonk

Thea and Laurel are both fairly useless at this point. I really didn't see that ending coming but I was sure that it was Thearather than Moira who would have bitten the dust. I'd have prefered Thea. There's only so much more whingy bitchiness I can take with her. Maybe she might finally turn a corner? Hopefully we'll see a harder edged Arrow now as well. Not killing his marks is all very nice and stuff but it's actually a stupid crime prevention policy. They all invariably escape and come back. It's the main thing that lets the show down for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

squonk wrote: »
    Thea and Laurel are both fairly useless at this point. I really didn't see that ending coming but I was sure that it was Thearather than Moira who would have bitten the dust. I'd have prefered Thea. There's only so much more whingy bitchiness I can take with her. Maybe she might finally turn a corner? Hopefully we'll see a harder edged Arrow now as well. Not killing his marks is all very nice and stuff but it's actually a stupid crime prevention policy. They all invariably escape and come back. It's the main thing that lets the show down for me.

But...but....he has to let them live. "To honour his friends memory..." Because!

It makes perfect sense! You just aren't getting it. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I actually don't mind Thea at all. She doesn't do much but she doesn't get in the way either. Sara is piss annoying and only because the actress is annoying. The character would be okay otherwise but she's completely ruined by that pouty goon. Laurel may as well not exist at this stage; I really hope she eats a bullet fairly soon.

squonk wrote: »

He does have an exception to the no killing thing. Didn't he kill Vertigo because he threatened Felicity. Same way he's willing to kill Deathstroke. If he has to, he will.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭aine1980

Wow! Another great episode, didn't expect it to end the way it did, can't wait for next ep

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Looking at the sneak preview on facebook
    it looks like we might be going a few weeks forward in time as Blood has already become mayor and Lance is out of prison and back on the force.

Really looking forward to this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Surprised there's still no sign of Malcolm Merlin yet, still top notch episode.

I liked the writers approach of going for drama over the traditional action episode that may have been expected after last week.

9/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Surprised there's still no sign of Malcolm Merlin yet, still top notch episode.

I liked the writers approach of going for drama over the traditional action episode that may have been expected after last week.

9/10
    He is in the trailer for next weeks episode

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Very good episode. All out war on the way I would say. I would be surprised if there was one or two more funerals before this season is over.

Next weeks trailer.

Very abrupt ending but still very good episode. Plus these last three episodes all happen in the same night. Also the old friend of Sara's is
    Nyssa

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Laurel : "There is too many of them! We can't fight!" :rolleyes:

What is this "we" business? And sure one of them would be enough to snap you in half.

Sometimes I wish the dialogue was better.

Not forgetting she's great at keeping secrets "Ollie, we're trapped!"

Though Ollie's even letting his enemies know now anyway himself.
    And since Ollie's just telling everyone, why not just tell Thea, so she may be less annoying if she sticks around.

Can't remember, but does Walter know his secret?

So what'd ye think of Summer's costume? Looks strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Yeah Summer Glau's mask looked terrible- probably the first time in the show that a costume has looked lousy.

Everything was good iu the episode apart from Laurel creeping round the sewers in her bright red coat. those Mirakuru goons should be deeply ashamed of themselves to let her live.

I think it's common for a lot of masks that cover all but the mouth. Just look at the Batman mask. Also the fact it was so much bigger than her head.
    Wonder if they tested the bandana version that Ravager wears in the comics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

I will watch till the end of this season and then bow out. Slade Wilson is class, but 95% of the show is just Home And Away with superheroes. The writing is terrible for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Funny, when I saw Summer's mask I thought of this...
    MelonHelmetCat.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Is it just a case of me realising this now or has the acting/writing of this show always been crap or just gone to complete **** the last few episodes? (like real bad) its as if they are reading off que cards and there is no fluidness to the script.. I'm finding it hard to bother keeping up with it, Slade Wilson and summer are the only reason worth tuning in and summers character is poop

Advertisement