Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrow [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

nix wrote: »
    Is it just a case of me realising this now or has the acting/writing of this show always been crap or just gone to complete **** the last few episodes? (like real bad) its as if they are reading off que cards and there is no fluidness to the script.. I'm finding it hard to bother keeping up with it, Slade Wilson and summer are the only reason worth tuning in and summers character is poop
    it does tend to meander into full blown CW drama at times, but then seems to correct itself every so often, season one was so surprising because it was on the CW and had a solid story from the get go, whereas i think they are running out of steam now, the slade wilson storyline is kind of dragging on a bit, hopefully ollie will kill him in the last episode, and they get off the island also, and maybe that will be the end of slade,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

don ramo wrote: »
    it does tend to meander into full blown CW drama at times, but then seems to correct itself every so often, season one was so surprising because it was on the CW and had a solid story from the get go, whereas i think they are running out of steam now, the slade wilson storyline is kind of dragging on a bit, hopefully ollie will kill him in the last episode, and they get off the island also, and maybe that will be the end of slade,

Well they will have four more years of the Island to cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Well they will have four more years of the Island to cover.

He wasn't on the island the entire 5 years he was missing.

He wasn't on the island the entire 5 years he was missing.

How do you know that?

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

He tole Diggle in a previous episode. Long time ago it was.

• Advertisement

somuj wrote: »
    He tole Diggle in a previous episode. Long time ago it was.

Yes but looking back know wasnt that more relevant to when he was captured on the ship?I thought thats what he meant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

"After five years on a hellish island"

Is that not the intro?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Does anyone else elieve the "5 years on a hellish island" bit is showing that they have 5 seasons planned? While I absolutely love the show, I would hate it to run on too long and milk it like Smallville did. 5 seasons would be a pretty good amount I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

I think the logical step after 5 or so seasons would Stephen Amell playing the Green Arrow in the Justice League movie which is scheduled to release around the 5th season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

I think the logical step after 5 or so seasons would Stephen Amell playing the Green Arrow in the Justice League movie which is scheduled to release around the 5th season
    Havent DC said there will be no crossover between TV universe and movie universe?

• Advertisement

Havent DC said there will be no crossover between TV universe and movie universe?

They have which I think is ridiculous, it'd save them having to do an origin story for the Green Arrow in the JL film

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Is it possible that could change depending on popularity of show in the coming years?

Is it possible that could change depending on popularity of show in the coming years?

Unless WB are willing to do lots of rewrites of their script I don't think it's feasible at this stage :(

Maybe Stephen Amell will pull off a Mathew McConaughy by then.

yeah but then people will be asking for flash to be in it, seeing as he will have his own show come september, and the gotham series fox just greenlit,

i still believe that ollie gets off the island, i mean how else can you explain the 100% fluent Chinese and and russian, plus the ties to the russian mafia, i hope they do the right thing and kill slade in the season finale, i liked his character but hes becoming a bit annoying at this point and there are tons of storylines the show can pursue,

yeah but then people will be asking for flash to be in it, seeing as he will have his own show come september, and the gotham series fox just greenlit,

i still believe that ollie gets off the island, i mean how else can you explain the 100% fluent Chinese and and russian, plus the ties to the russian mafia, i hope they do the right thing and kill slade in the season finale, i liked his character but hes becoming a bit annoying at this point and there are tons of storylines the show can pursue,

I presume Oliver learned Russian from the cellmate who was held on the ship with him,the same guy who was with him in the sub in last weeks episode.Cant think of his name but anyway he is or has close ties to the Russian Mafia.

Shado's father is Chinese so there is no doubt that she spoke it too.Also the island is located in the South China Sea so im perhaps he met other Chinese in the following years but thats just my take on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

What a cracking episode last night.

On a side note, a few people in this thread (don_ramo and PhiloCypher... *cough*) could do with updating their sigs - the Game of Thrones forum was approved 2 years ago. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

What an ending ,and from the trailer for next weeks episode it looks like
    Roy is Back and finally has a mask

Avoiding trailers because last week's one spoiled a major surprise. I should be safe in this thread though, right?

Oh.... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,500 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well now that last scene was interesting. Very good episode after a few flat ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Does anyone else hate the flash back scenes? They're annoying me now!

Good episode.

Side note (Mr E started this trend, haha) do any of you watch the Tomorrow people? Stephen from the Tomorrow People (Robbie Amell) and Ollie (Stephen Amell) are cousins in real life. I can see the family resemblance.

shinny wrote: »
    Side note (Mr E started this trend, haha) do any of you watch the Tomorrow people? Stephen from the Tomorrow People (Robbie Amell) and Ollie (Stephen Amell) are cousins in real life. I can see the family resemblance.

Funny someone asked Stephen Amell during his Q&A yesterday who would he want to portray Batman on Arrow and he said Robbie :P

Though he did say "He'd kill me if I said Ben Affleck!"

• Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Good episode.

Wow really?

Anyone else think Felicity and Ollie were going to kiss

Good episode.

When the tomorrow People was on Wednesdays after Arrow it was known as Amell Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I think they deliberately had Oliver and felicity just hug. I would that due to the lack of fighting on Sara's part this week that'll be more involved next week and possibly be killed by Slade. Pity they got rid of Blood, he was finally getting interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Anyone else think Felicity and Ollie were going to kiss
    I did for a second, but really thinking on it it would have been dumb and forced.

The Flash got picked up for a full season while Tomorrow People was cancelled

Mr E wrote: »
    On a side note, a few people in this thread (don_ramo and PhiloCypher... *cough*) could do with updating their sigs - the Game of Thrones forum was approved 2 years ago. :)
    i have so many ad blockers that i dont think i have seen my sig since probably a month after putting it on there, and their one of the first things reinstalled after a fresh hard drove wipe :D:D

cracking episode, kind of sad now to see blood gone, seemed like there could have been a nice side story running there for another season or 2, always good to have 4-5 storylines to call upon,

im actually surprised that thea pulled the trigger on daddy dearest, obviously he has armor on and isnt dead, but still good to see shes capable of something,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

im actually surprised that thea pulled the trigger on daddy dearest, obviously he has armor on and isnt dead, but still good to see shes capable of something,
    It's going to go a "I could have killed you so now the undertaking is null and void because I'm a killer too" route, isn't it?

Advertisement