Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrow [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Kirby wrote: »
    Worst. Mask. Ever. :p

Seriously, I was thrilled when they said they were going to use a mask but honestly, why ever bother with one that small.

When he's in "Arrow" mode he needs a mask that cover most of his face. It would accomplish letting some really cool stunt guys do more of the work and would also mean he could have face to face conversations with people which would open up storyline possibilities.

He needs a mask like Batman or Daredevil. It doesn't have to be a full on mask like Spiderman but they have missed a trick here. They could have it be a part of his voice modulator so he doesn't have to carry it.

But Green Arrow never had a full mask in the comics. I think they wanted to keep him as close to the comic version as possible.

(for reference) images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStNJ4Ae2lFhpqkpg_ZFVs2MpmlGMzbvZyiw6plpv18lu_hdev4
    We just need a glorious mustache :pac:

Also didn't Oliver say something about a mask impairing is vision?
    "If you can find one that doesn't impair my vision and aim as I'm fighting and running...."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    "If you can find one that doesn't impair my vision and aim as I'm fighting and running...."

Yeah but that's just an afterthought....a sort of excuse to explain away the ridiculousness of him not being recognised by people who see Oliver every day. I mean, you would take one look at his stubbly chin and know exactly who it was. It's not quite Clark Kent glasses bad but its close to it. :P

And they've diverged from the comics with a lot of things, why not go with a functional yet cool mask? It would make sense on the island for him not to wear a mask but back in the city with millions of people and camera's everywhere....no mask is just stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Someone else said he should have a stick on goatee as a disguise just to look like pre New 52 Ollie

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Love felicity especially when she has to dress up!

celwalls.com_6101.jpg

Emily-Bett-Rickards-as-Felicia-in-Arrow-Season-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Shouldn't his hood impair his peripheral vision (and hearing?) too though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Vokes wrote: »
    Shouldn't his hood impair his peripheral vision (and hearing?) too though.

With the amount of beatdowns he gets i cant imagine how he is able to walk, you have to leave logic aside with shows like these :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,291 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

They could write Laurel out of the show and I doubt many people would even care, she seems to have no real purpose in season 2 and all she does is whinge and cry.

Pity that Shado was killed though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Although i thought Slade Wilson is
    Deathstroke
    ,i wonder is the show steering in a different direction.

What makes you think that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Thats his name in the comics

I meant what makes you think they're taking him in a different direction.

Of course he is
    Deathstroke[\spoiler]

• Advertisement

OMG! @ spoilers out in the wild :eek:
    Olicity - they are gonna kiss!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

In preparation for the new episode tonight, I thought I would share this (in case some have not seen it)

.i.10.jennifer-lawrence-dress-globes-parody-01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Anyone know when it's back on Sky? Been searching but nothing shows up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

• Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

They could write Laurel out of the show and I doubt many people would even care, she seems to have no real purpose in season 2 and all she does is whinge and cry.

Pity that Shado was killed though.

Is Laurel still to become the Black Canary?

Looks like they're not as worried as they used to be about bringing Bruce Wayne to Arrow

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/01/15/cw-dc-comics-updaste-the-flashs-chances-hourmans-status-amazon-wonder-woman-not-moving-forward-and-more
    With a young Bruce Wayne a focus on FOX’s Gotham, Pedowitz was asked if that meant they could never use Bruce Wayne on Arrow. “Never say never,” he replied. “Remember, Bruce Wayne in Gotham is 12 years old. I think he’ll be a little bit older if he does appear on any of our show.” FOX’s Kevin Reilly had said that they had rights to use all the Batman characters on Gotham, but Pedowitz indicated that didn’t mean that only FOX could use them, saying, “I don’t believe that's quite true. Again, from my sources, I don't believe that's quite true.”

If I remember, they weren't allowed to use him as long as Nolan was making his movies

New episode was good, I still love the flashbacks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Enjoyed the new episode. Bit disappointed in Shrapnel, was expecting his to be more formidable but thats a minor complaint! Looking forward to next weeks episode
    full Deathstroke armor!!

Arrow-Deathstroke.png

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Laurel still to become the Black Canary?

Supposedly....but most fans want her written off or killed, people prefer Sara as Black Canary. Apparently the producers have a four episode character arc planned for her, a downward spiral.

Katie Cassidy looks very frail :(

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Looks like they're not as worried as they used to be about bringing Bruce Wayne to Arrow

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/01/15/cw-dc-comics-updaste-the-flashs-chances-hourmans-status-amazon-wonder-woman-not-moving-forward-and-more

If I remember, they weren't allowed to use him as long as Nolan was making his movies

I'd love to see Bruce Wayne in Arrow....at least acknowledge Gotham city and those characters.

I think eventually we might see an Avengers Assemble type episode....Justice League etc. - they'll have Green Arrow + The Flash + Black Canary etc., big group of them doing battle....in season 4 maybe :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jesse L Martin has been added to The Flash series so we might have a few crossovers coming up.

http://sciencefiction.com/2014/01/22/law-order-alum-jesse-l-martin-cast-flash/

New episode was good, I still love the flashbacks!

Thought it was very average myself....the bomber was just tacked on....was hoping they'd use Sean Maher more effectively.....even the reveal at the end with Blood was predictable.

It served more to highlight the blossoming romance between Oliver and Felicity, lol....they were fighting like a couple and he is clearly jealous of Barry Allen + he almost kissed her!! :eek:

Shippers/Twitter nearly had a meltdown over that scene...the flashback stuff is the more interesting plotlines right now.

This was a filler ep. - hopefully tonights will offer more juice! :)

Enjoyed the new episode. Bit disappointed in Shrapnel, was expecting his to be more formidable but thats a minor complaint! Looking forward to next weeks episode
    full Deathstroke armor!!

Arrow-Deathstroke.png

:eek::eek::eek: - OMG!....that is just PERFECT!....exactly like he should look! :D

Jesse L Martin has been added to The Flash series so we might have a few crossovers coming up.

http://sciencefiction.com/2014/01/22/law-order-alum-jesse-l-martin-cast-flash/

Yeah, i'd suspect they'll do some crossover stuff....but i'd prefer the new show to create its own identity and world. Its got superpowers....so that should juice it up!

Be VERY interesting to see how they design The Flash costume....hopefully not a cheesefest like the tv show from 1990 :o

Another note - how mean was Oliver to Felicity! :( ...he was bang out of order blaming her!, but it did serve to explain that he was jealous so we've furthered our Olicity ship! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

jenjenten wrote: »
    Katie Cassidy looks very frail :(

She could be a method actor playing someone with an addiction. (Highly doubtful.)

But you are right she looks unhealthy thin. So does Willa Holland to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭somuj

She could be a method actor playing someone with an addiction. (Highly doubtful.)

But you are right she looks unhealthy thin. So does Willa Holland to be honest.

She is digusting looking. Her legs and face made me want to vomit while watching her. Could not wait for her scenes to end.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

somuj wrote: »
    She is digusting looking. Her legs and face made me want to vomit while watching her. Could not wait for her scenes to end.

Overreact much :rolleyes:

I like how Thea seems to take being asked for something slutty as a compliment.

Do have to wonder if Sin got many clients before the one she wanted.

Nice that the hospital with Blood's mother is named Saint Walker's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

somuj wrote: »

I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating a bag of Tayto's now tbh:D

Advertisement