Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrow [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Oh and the mention of the particle accelerator at STAR Labs going to be the Flash's origin?

Almost forgot about Flash!

Yeah good opening episode I thought. Bit different but I liked it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

I enjoy the island stuff so far this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,468 ✭✭✭squonk

Ep 2 and as I suspected, the no kill rule is becoming lame real quick. You just know the white haired girl and the uber skillz black guy will be back now. Christ he could have saved him and us a lot of hassle by just offing them. I'm so sad this has turned into a kiddies farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm quite happy to see Kelly Hu back. :)
    I think having the no kill rule is a good idea because they will want to reuse villains and they can't do that if Ollie kills them all. They already worked around Deadshot's apparent death.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Anyone else think Black Canary might be Sara Lance. Also cool mention of Ra'as Al Ghul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Looks as if Oliver might be leaving the island as predicted.Slade will be Deathstroke when he returns again and probably be not happy with Oliver for what happened to his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

I made the mistake of looking up the Wikipedia page of the actress that's playing Black Canary and unfortunately the name of the character she's playing is on it. So if you want to know, that's where to go.

Just checked and it's on her IMDB page as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Yawn. I found myself thoroughly bored halfway through the episode. Fake danger is not interesting. We know nothing is going to happen to either of the Lances so it's just not interesting to see them in "mortal peril". It's dull.

I'm fairly easy to please with regards my tv entertainment but this show is starting to lose my interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I'm the opposite, I'm really enjoying it. the introduction of new heroes, the mention of Ra'as Al Ghul, "Officer" Lance working with Olivier. Also I am very curious to see what will happen on the island.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

I missed the first two episodes on Monday on Sky.

Anyone know when they're repeated?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,468 ✭✭✭squonk

Sounds like some posters here are invested in the comic. Like Kirby I'm getting bored too. We all know Mammy Queen won't fry and, much as I wished stupid Laurel would meet her Barbie end, we all knew it wouldn't happen. Much like Revenge, I loved the villain of the week takedown plot early in Season 1. This time black canary killed the guy. Oliver should have done it before then. Let's face it, this show isn't Game Of Thrones. It's comic book fluff and I don't want to invest in long drawn out arcs, especially as the last arc, the destruction of the glades, was so stupid.

squonk wrote: »
    Sounds like some posters here are invested in the comic. Like Kirby I'm getting bored too. We all know Mammy Queen won't fry and, much as I wished stupid Laurel would meet her Barbie end, we all knew it wouldn't happen. Much like Revenge, I loved the villain of the week takedown plot early in Season 1. This time black canary killed the guy. Oliver should have done it before then. Let's face it, this show isn't Game Of Thrones. It's comic book fluff and I don't want to invest in long drawn out arcs, especially as the last arc, the destruction of the glades, was so stupid.

Never read the comic,don't care for comics,so that's that out the window. The destruction of the glades was in no way stupid,it was brilliant,they didnt have the hero save the day at the last minute, the bad guy won in the end, more shows need to do that. Yes it is comic book fluff and will in now way be as good as the great shows on tv such as Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad etc, but it is quite entertaining and is making decisions better than most shows, like for example that agents of shield which is shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

I was a bit disappointed that Black Canary doesn't have a super-powered voice like in the comics. If they are talking about bringing in the Flash, they shouldn't be afraid to bring in other super powered characters first.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Another mention of the particle accelerator this week.

Good episode. Glad they didn't drag out the Canary reveal. Likewise with the Brother Blood reveal. Wonder if that was venom he injected the Mayor with.

Only thing I'm worried about now is that they may have some crap teen love triangle with Roy, thea and Sin. Though I'm sure he wouldn't mind. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Why oh why have they changed the intro theme? The old one was one of the best things about the last series, it conveyed a great sense of urgency and excitement, and while they didn't always time it exactly right, for many of the episodes it followed on perfectly from an action scene.

The new one is just flat and crap.

Other than that, the new series is pretty ok so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

I'm liking the new series. I think it's an improvement on last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

They're doing a pretty decent job with this season alright. Better than the first I reckon!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Didnt the same actress play Laurel & Sarah In season 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

stevenmu wrote: »
    Why oh why have they changed the intro theme?

This? I hadn't remembered a change, so I just checked out some eps from season 1 and the ones from season 2 that I've seen so far. The season 2 ones I have are the same as the season 1 or else have no intro. I've not seen any episode that had the intro in that youtube vid, but I'm guessing that's what you've seen. I'd not be a fan of the one in that vid either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

How many ep is Summer Glau meant to be in for?
    I caught her recently in the pilot for NTSF:SD:SUV playing the part of Fake Nerd Girl which was funny!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Didnt the same actress play Laurel & Sarah In season 1?

No Sara Lance only appeared in the pilot of season 1 but was played by a different actress named Jacqueline MacInnes Wood.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Pushtrak wrote: »

This? I hadn't remembered a change, so I just checked out some eps from season 1 and the ones from season 2 that I've seen so far. The season 2 ones I have are the same as the season 1 or else have no intro. I've not seen any episode that had the intro in that youtube vid, but I'm guessing that's what you've seen. I'd not be a fan of the one in that vid either.

No, haven't seen that either. This is the best video I could find of the bit I mean:

In the second season they've added horns or something that drowns it out quite a bit.

The first video is clearly a fan made opener, the 5 second intro is so short I hadn't even noticed they changed,nor do I really care or think it matters at all since it is just a short intro.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,291 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Laurel is such a moany whingebag.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Shed be a perfect character without any lines, or tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,112 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Spartacus actress Katrina Law is joining as
    Nyssa al Ghul

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

miralize wrote: »
    Shed be a perfect character without any lines, or tears.

She is so unbelievably thin. It's very unhealthy looking. The scene at the courthouse after Moira gets acquitted and Laurel starts whining about how she can never forgive herself really highlighted it. Her legs are like twigs. So, so thin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

This show's writing has turned to utter crap this season. It was never Emmy-level brilliance, but things like Laurel - who is a close friend to the Queen family - being appointed as lead opposition lawyer, then going to Moira to give away her trump card, then saying that she will do the best of her ability with said trump card.

And Thea just punching away at her fellas stomach like some weird abuse fetish.

And now ****ing Merlin is alive.

What. Am. I. Watching?!?!?

This season has been great, not sure what you have been watching. The trial stuff was a bit rushed and not that interesting so I can see why they got it out of the way fast. They were also just looking for something for Laurel to do.

However I am not sure about malcolm being alive, seems like it might be a step too far. He is a great character but he got the ending he deserved in the finale,don't know if its a good idea to have him come back.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

Malcolm is in england doing panto

Advertisement