Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrow [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wonder is he the Immortal Ra's al Ghul.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

My mother was watching Strictly come dancing last week and he was a guest on the show. I walked in and was like "It's the dark archer!" and got some weird looks.

It's hard to take him seriously as a bad guy when he's sitting there talking about how fabulous a certain dress was. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,468 ✭✭✭squonk

I thought the Russian episode with the focus on Diggle was a rare high point for the show. Good tight plot but, again, some stupidity was never far away. The agent at the beginning knew about Diggle and Arrow. I don't consider it a major stretch to presume she knows Oliver is Arrow. He really should make a TV ad or something at this point to completely spell out his identity for the few thickos who haven't figured it out yet, most especially Daddy Beat Cop who was all but told and still can't put 2+2 together. Some detective eh? Maybe Starling City is better off having him secure crime scenes and hand out tickets!

Meanwhile the scene where Felicity gets red carded by Oliver was just daft! "Yes Felicity I know you badly want me to get into your pants but if I went there I might really be into you and because I'm Arrow that might be dangerous. Feel free though to stay on the team and watch as I launch the old Arrow shaft into various hotties of the week for the long foreseeable future!" If I was reading Ross O'Carroll Kelly I'd have laughed! Sounds like one of his GTFO lines but really it just illustrates that this is a kids show, just like Agents of SHIELD. It's time someone wrote a dark adult themed superhero show and no kids allowed!

Next weeks trailer the Flash arrives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

The news might finally shut up about that particle accellerator so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

titan18 wrote: »
    Anyone else think Black Canary might be Sara Lance. Also cool mention of Ra'as Al Ghul

Well done Sir ;)
    Barry Allen (Flash) will be after Felicity romantically so we might see Ollie
    jealous

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

Anyone else think Ollie got a raw deal.

The season 2 Sarah is minging. No where as hot as season 1 Sarah.

Would he really have cheated on Laurel for her?

Triangla wrote: »

Would he really Jane cheated on Laurel for her?

Yeah i dont really think she is that great. I still Think Laurel will be Black Canary. As the only mention of Sarah using that name was in Japanese and she is not really a super hero. Well thats what i am hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Just watching it now, and am taking the time to note how cringy that scene with Moira and Merlyn talking about Thea. Feckin soap opera material.

So he is not the Immortal Ra's al Ghul.. But is he Immortal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Triangla wrote: »

Would he really Jane cheated on Laurel for her?

Yeah, poor Ollie getting with both sisters and Summer Glau, yet for some reason, not Felicity. :confused:
    So he is not the Immortal Ra's al Ghul.. But is he Immortal?

Who? Merlyn? Well he is Captain Jack.

Barry reminded me of someone. At first I thought Matthew Lillard, but later it seemed like someone else. Nice origin nod with the lightning and chemicals.

The American pronunciation of their A's drives me mental. It's barry! His name is barry! Not 'berry'.

And I'm pretty sure it's pronounced Raysh Al Ghul. (I may have been told how to pronounce it correctly which was then later confirmed in the Nolan movies and Arkham City)

Nerd hat on! :D
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    And I'm pretty sure it's pronounced Raysh Al Ghul. (I may have been told how to pronounce it correctly which was then later confirmed in the Nolan movies and Arkham City)

Not really. Raysh was a retcon.

The author was trying to be clever with the naming of his character but like most author's, made a mistake in his research. In Arabic Ra's Al Ghul translates to "head of the demon". Which is fine but "Raysh" is a Hebrew pronunciation, not an Arabic one.

He may have liked the way Raysh sounded better but his insistence on pronouncing it like that just made him look silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Just found out that the character that beat up Ollie was
    Cyrus Gold
    which is the real name of
    Solomon Grundy
    in the comics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

Who was Barry Allen alluding to that killed his mother?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

youngblood wrote: »
    Who was Barry Allen alluding to that killed his mother?
    Professor Zoom

jenjenten wrote: »
    Professor Zoom
    That makes a bit more sense than my initial theory of
    a reworking of Red Tornado

More excellent casting, Robert Knepper.....he's on like 10 shows or something!

http://tvline.com/2013/12/11/arrow-cast-robert-knepper-clock-king-william-tockman/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

How many shows is Alex Kingston on as well, as i see she's coming back too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

That was amazing!!

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    That was amazing!!

Stunning episode!.....best of the series. Sooo comic-booky!
    Too much happened!,
    Deathstroke, Shado, Roy, The Flash, Solomon Grundy, Tommy.

Gripping from start to finish, like watching a movie!....5/5

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just found out that the character that beat up Ollie was
    Cyrus Gold
    which is the real name of
    Solomon Grundy
    in the comics

Yup....and based on the latest ep. Cyrus has turned into him....he's not dead, the blatant shots of chemicals to the face etc. Clearly setting up a return of Cyrus as that character.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

That was all kinds of awesome :D

Did Shado get a new series or was that just Arrow killing people off for the sake of it?

Thought if Roy was getting powers, he would somehow lose an arm in the process.

Had to laugh at the Slade reveal. It was done in a way that doesn't reveal who's talking, but it's not like anyone else on this series sounds like that. Unless they were holding off on the eyepatch reveal. I do like how they do things like that where see the patch and assume it was due to the burn on the island, then it shows his eye was okay when he came back to life. So looks like Ollie gets him in the eye. Either that or he's aware of The Silence

Happy with the Flash origin? Knew the particle accelerator would play a part, but I'm guessing what happened with it will be the equivalent of the meteor storm in Smalville or the lightning storm in Misfits, creating other special powered people for The Flash to face.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Show just keeps picking up the momentum with every episode,loving it.
    Excellent flash backs to the island.I can see where Slade's hate is coming from.Not only was Oliver responsible for Shado being killed but he's responsible for what happened to Slade in the first place,him being mortally wounded from the mortar shell and him becoming the superhuman in the first place.What happened after Shado's death on the island will more than likely be revealed in time.Im kind of rooting for both Slade atm.You just dont mess with Crixus!!:D
    Although i thought Slade Wilson is
    Deathstroke
    ,i wonder is the show steering in a different direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

What a great episode. glad to see that Slade will probably get a bigger role in the show. The new mask does look a bit goofy though

@amellywood
    I swear to god, we are just getting started. #Arrow

Quite the promise for January.

• Advertisement

Worst. Mask. Ever. :p

Seriously, I was thrilled when they said they were going to use a mask but honestly, why ever bother with one that small.

When he's in "Arrow" mode he needs a mask that cover most of his face. It would accomplish letting some really cool stunt guys do more of the work and would also mean he could have face to face conversations with people which would open up storyline possibilities.

He needs a mask like Batman or Daredevil. It doesn't have to be a full on mask like Spiderman but they have missed a trick here. They could have it be a part of his voice modulator so he doesn't have to carry it.

Advertisement