Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrow [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

youngblood wrote: »
    Isnt she the kiss of death?

LOL!!!!!!!....haha!, not long ago someone mentioned Summer here and how if she appeared on Arrow the show would get cancelled.......:D

stephen97 wrote: »
    she is kinda, look what happened to the 4400 and sarah connor chronicles and firefly among others as soon as she appeared, then the episodes were cancelled

What about the Big Bang Theory, CSI, Hawaii Five-O, Grey's Anatomy and The Unit, all of which she appeared in well before they were cancelled or have yet to be cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What about the Big Bang Theory, CSI, Hawaii Five-O, Grey's Anatomy and The Unit, all of which she appeared in well before they were cancelled or have yet to be cancelled.

It seems to be mostly shows she is in from the start that get cancelled than from her guest appearances

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭stephen97

imdb will list guest appearances from here to timbuktu
    u missed a few btw

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Dollhouse was another

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's shows where she's a regular or recurring role.
    Sarah Connor got 2 seasons which is the longest ongoing role she has probably had.
    For 4400, she was in one episode in season 3 I think then got a recurring role in the final season. Same with Alphas. Single episode in season 1 then recurring role in season 2 before cancellation.

I think this will be grand however. I think this has enough to overcome the curse. Unless they do something really drastic to mess the series up, it will get a third season at least

She seems to be the go to kick ass tv actress

CastorTroy wrote: »
    It's shows where she's a regular or recurring role.
    Sarah Connor got 2 seasons which is the longest ongoing role she has probably had.
    For 4400, she was in one episode in season 3 I think then got a recurring role in the final season. Same with Alphas. Single episode in season 1 then recurring role in season 2 before cancellation.

I think this will be grand however. I think this has enough to overcome the curse. Unless they do something really drastic to mess the series up, it will get a third season at least

My point was that it's just a ridiculous notion that anyones presence can mean a show will be cancelled. I recall when a certain actress was cast in Criminal Minds and the news was met on the internet with "OMG She's a Show killer...... Guaranteed cancelled this season. Oh No, RIP Criminal Minds." What really happened was that show became far more successful than ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I don't think anyone actually believes she's the reason for cancellation. It's just become one of those things that people like to say since she does seem to get the work on shows that get cancelled. There are loads of actors like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

^^^ Indeed. We're all glad to see her, she's a good actress, but it is amusing to see the number of shows that she's been in that have been axed.

I thought this was going to be axed. The first 10 episodes were quite bad. I'm surprised I lasted through watching them. Writing, direction and especially some of the hokey acting. They've picked themselves up, but I've seen better programmes cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

she is kinda, look what happened to the 4400 and sarah connor chronicles and firefly among others as soon as she appeared, then the episodes were cancelled
    sarah connor ran for 2 seasons, and firefly is considered the most shocking cancellation ever, but she does seem to make some bad career decisions, i think shell be right at home on arrow though, even if she only sticks around for a while,

^ we loves Ms. Glau and we're only taking the mick over Ms. Show Killer.

don ramo wrote: »
    sarah connor ran for 2 seasons, and firefly is considered the most shocking cancellation ever, but she does seem to make some bad career decisions, i think shell be right at home on arrow though, even if she only sticks around for a while,

If Summer gets the chance to punch out Laurel (for any reason whatsoever) then her paycheck will be earned.

[i'd also settle for a girl-on-girl cat fight, preferably with hair pulling, with Summer in pop socks and Katie in thigh high booties]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

^ we loves Ms. Glau and we're only taking the mick over Ms. Show Killer.
    is it hot outside, or is it summer:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,468 ✭✭✭squonk

To be honest, I don't think Arrow deserves to stay around. I initially liked it but with stupid plot twists and hammy acting in spots, it's only a so-so show. I don't think I'd miss it if it didn't come back.

squonk wrote: »
    To be honest, I don't think Arrow deserves to stay around. I initially liked it but with stupid plot twists and hammy acting in spots, it's only a so-so show. I don't think I'd miss it if it didn't come back.

I would certainly miss

celebridades-emily-bett-rickards-03f16a.jpg

on my telly box every week...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

It got a bit stale at the tail end of last season, but f**k that teaser was entertaining

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

CW has just announced that Michael Jai White will be guest starring in season two of Arrow, he will play
    Ben Turner, a claw-wielding assassin better known as Bronze Tiger, who’s well
    known to DC Comics fans as a member of both the League of Assassins and the
    Suicide Squad. On “Arrow,” he’ll form an unholy alliance with
    villain China White (played by Kelly Hu), who also plays a well-established
    character in the DC Comics universe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

I welcome Jai White, I recommend Black Dynamite for anyone that hasn't seen it, AFAIK It has been made into an ongoing animated series with Jai White in the lead role.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭stephen97

I welcome Jai White, I recommend Black Dynamite for anyone that hasn't seen it, AFAIK It has been made into an ongoing animated series with Jai White in the lead role.
    omg, the series is doomed now for sure, whats with all the failed actors coming to the show?

omg, the series is doomed now for sure, whats with all the failed actors coming to the show?

Ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Its not like it wasn't already home to a few of them already.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I look forward to seeing how they handle the Flash in this universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,468 ✭✭✭squonk

I just happened on Black Dynamite last Sunday night. I acquire a good few films so don't always get to watch everything at the time I acquire it. Was rooting through some films and saw this, read 'spoof blaxploitation movie' and my decision to watch was made for me! What a great movie! Definitely on the Favourites list now. I caught the first episode of the animated series during the week. I wasn't as impressed but then it was the first episode.

I look forward to seeing how they handle the Flash in this universe.

Aye...he cant have superpowers, just fast i guess and sneaky uppy type.

Caity Lotz as Black Canary is superb casting...Google her!, stunt + martial artist, double, actress, dancer, teacher....she does it all baby!

And is uber hottie........:cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement