Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrow [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    If episode has aired in the US there is no need for spoiler tags

If you're discussing it within minutes of it being released its common decency to use spoiler tags, it only takes about 5 seconds max to do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭stephen97

If you're discussing it within minutes of it being released its common decency to use spoiler tags, it only takes about 5 seconds max to do.
    have you not read the thread title?
    Arrow [The CW] [** Spoilers **]
    its there in black and white, [** Spoilers **]

• Registered Users Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭squonk

It was a good episode but a glaring thought leapt out at me midway through when Tommy meets up with Malcolm. The whole Earthquake plot is just plain, downright stupid. I get that Tommy's mother died in the glades as the result of a violent mugging. Fair enough. Then you have Malcolm who could decide a. lets use my dark archer abilities to beat crime from the glades one thug at a time, b. lets use some of my vast fortune to help provide a very decent and effective policing service in the glades so it doesn't happen agarin.... Ah no, fúck it, let's just hatch an elaborate 5 year plan requiring all sorts of maneouvering to destroy the glades via some earthquake generating devices. Let's also make sure there's plenty of time and opportunity for others to possibly thwart that plan as well. Seriously! Come on! This, more than anything else, has just detracted from the show for me. It ties in with the stupid escapes the main characters have had over the season where baddies are ruthless apparently but none too bright. At the end, my thoughts were "Yeah, great action packed episode" but I also thought back 7 months to Episode 1 and how much more excited I was about the show then. Somewhere along the line, stupidity set in. Judging by the overall plot, it was actually there all along, just hiding in the long grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I would assume no one would come into this thread without having first watched the latest episode so as to avoid spoilers for them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I would assume no one would come into this thread without having first watched the latest episode so as to avoid spoilers for them

I dont know what time exactly the show is on. It could have been a comment about the upcoming episode ,from a fans perspetive. I dont know. Again, its not difficult to use the spoilers tag.

• Advertisement

miralize wrote: »
    I dont know what time exactly the show is on. It could have been a comment about the upcoming episode ,from a fans perspetive. I dont know. Again, its not difficult to use the spoilers tag.

I agree spoiler tags for future unaired episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭somuj

miralize wrote: »

Well then you should find out when it airs. Problem solved. Spoiler tags should never be used in a thread once the episode has aired when the thread title included the word "SPOILERS" with the exception being discussing future episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

somuj wrote: »
    Well then you should find out when it airs. Problem solved. Spoiler tags should never be used in a thread once the episode has aired when the thread title included the word "SPOILERS" with the exception being discussing future episodes.

Give it a break. If thats the case, there should be no need for the spoilers functionality.... Can we get back to talking about the actual show?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

its a simple rule if you have seen the episode your free to talk about, if others are behind then they should not come to the thread, simple as that,

most US shows air over there between 8-11 at night which is 1-4 our time, so a general rule to follow is dont come near the thread after midnight,

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well it's done for the season now so not much point discussing spoilers now. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Fantastic Ep

• Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭event

squonk wrote: »
    It was a good episode but a glaring thought leapt out at me midway through when Tommy meets up with Malcolm. The whole Earthquake plot is just plain, downright stupid. I get that Tommy's mother died in the glades as the result of a violent mugging. Fair enough. Then you have Malcolm who could decide a. lets use my dark archer abilities to beat crime from the glades one thug at a time, b. lets use some of my vast fortune to help provide a very decent and effective policing service in the glades so it doesn't happen agarin.... Ah no, fúck it, let's just hatch an elaborate 5 year plan requiring all sorts of maneouvering to destroy the glades via some earthquake generating devices. Let's also make sure there's plenty of time and opportunity for others to possibly thwart that plan as well. Seriously! Come on! This, more than anything else, has just detracted from the show for me. It ties in with the stupid escapes the main characters have had over the season where baddies are ruthless apparently but none too bright. At the end, my thoughts were "Yeah, great action packed episode" but I also thought back 7 months to Episode 1 and how much more excited I was about the show then. Somewhere along the line, stupidity set in. Judging by the overall plot, it was actually there all along, just hiding in the long grass.

well it was for money too.
    Didnt Walter Queen say to the Chinese guy in the last episode that Malcolm was buying up the glades cheaply too. So when it was built back, he would own all the land and get rich etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

squonk wrote: »

It was pretty much the same idea from Batman Begins with the League of Shadows. Never had any problem with it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,291 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Didn't think Tommy would be killed off, Just wondering who was the woman that the Warlord on the island was calling about the rocket that was supposed to blow up the plane.

I guess the chinese girl and Crixus reincarnated get killed off at some point as well seeing as when he was rescued Oliver was alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,562 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I quite enjoyed the fact that they weren't able to stop the bad guys plan. Will be interesting to see how next season fares alright, I reckon Crixus may well show up at some stage as a bad guy. Knew someone was going to die by the name of the episode and figured it would be Tommy, Diggle or Laurels da.

Kinda bummed Tommy was killed off, he was one of the better more interesting characters imo

Kinda bummed Tommy was killed off, he was one of the better more interesting characters imo
    id say mr merlyn a.k.a john barrowman was bummed too
    yes tommy was interesting character

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Opens up some great storylines though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

New regular character for season 2, female....btw i still have not seen the finale!
    http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/06/arrow-season-2-new-recurring-character.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I watched the first episode and thought it was a bit meh. For the people who have stuck with it, is it good? I'm looking for a new show.

Keno 92 wrote: »
    I watched the first episode and thought it was a bit meh. For the people who have stuck with it, is it good? I'm looking for a new show.

It gets good alright, some of the flashbacks about his time on the island are fantastic, worth sticking with really.

What's your favourite genre/show might have a suggestion for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

It gets good alright, some of the flashbacks about his time on the island are fantastic, worth sticking with really.

What's your favourite genre/show might have a suggestion for you.

I watch quite a few shows over many genres. All time favourite show is The Sopranos. The Wire, Breaking Bad are up there too. I'm a regular watcher of True Blood, TBBT & HIMYM (These two have fallen drastically in quality though), Mad Men, Dexter, Always Sunny, Suits, GoT, TWD. etc.

So, yeah, I watch a lot haha.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

its easily the best CW show for years....its not your typical CW show and could easily be seen on any of the major nets. like all shows it'll have a run of 3/4 excellent episodes then a dud. but the season overall was high quality imo.

its worth it alone for felicity/emily beth rickards.....!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭squonk

its easily the best CW show for years....its not your typical CW show and could easily be seen on any of the major nets. like all shows it'll have a run of 3/4 excellent episodes then a dud. but the season overall was high quality imo.

its worth it alone for felicity/emily beth rickards.....!

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. Arrow isn't a patch on the awesomeness that is Nikita! Nikita is one of the best mainstream shows on TV at the moment. Arrow is lightweight TV with some plot holes you could drive a juggernaut through. The baddies are all stupid, the goodies are clever. Merlin hatched an elaborate 5 year plan to destroy an area of the city just to get back a the guys who killed his wife... puh-leeeasse!!! Nikita does suffer from some of that too though, Amanda never takes pot shots at Nikita when she has the chance to kill her, Nikita returns the favour but the silliness is far less apparent. Arrow will never be half the show Nikita is. I'm just sorry we're saying goodbye to Nikita with a shortened season next year. :(

Keno 92 wrote: »
    I watch quite a few shows over many genres. All time favourite show is The Sopranos. The Wire, Breaking Bad are up there too. I'm a regular watcher of True Blood, TBBT & HIMYM (These two have fallen drastically in quality though), Mad Men, Dexter, Always Sunny, Suits, GoT, TWD. etc.

So, yeah, I watch a lot haha.

You might enjoy Franklin and Bash, quite funny, or Hell On Wheels, also quite good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

Isnt she the kiss of death?

she is kinda, look what happened to the 4400 and sarah connor chronicles and firefly among others as soon as she appeared, then the episodes were cancelled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Uh-oh, does that mean the show is getting the axe?

Edit:

stephen97 wrote: »
    she is kinda, look what happened to the 4400 and sarah connor chronicles and firefly among others as soon as she appeared, then the episodes were cancelled

Edit: + the cape and Alphas.

The cape was pretty brutal though.

Advertisement