Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyrone GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

The vast vast majority of what goes on in our games is from both sides. To me it looks like if teams want to play football against us then we'll play football, if they want to fight then we'll fight.

I can put up with whatever they do if they can get another AI. You'd prefer it to be without diving, but you're incredibly harsh on Sean there. He was fouled every time he went down, an arm round the neck in the first half, a knee in the back in the second, another knee in the back followed by a punch in the head from Finley and then an elbow in the back from McManus.

It's actually sickening that Cavanagh's behavior is questioned given the abuse he got in that game.

Brian McGuigan and Darragh Ó Sé were o OTB there.

Defo worth getting the podcast.

Honestly lads I would give my right bollock to watch the 2003-2008 team play again. Never in my life.

Was listening on my lunch break. Excellent stuff.

The McCann Ban is over turned. They still done enough damage to our and his preparations with this crap. Forcing a lad to go to Dublin a few days before the biggest game of his life on a stupid charge that they had to know would never stick is scandalous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Jayop wrote: »
    The McCann Ban is over turned. They still done enough damage to our and his preparations with this crap. Forcing a lad to go to Dublin a few days before the biggest game of his life on a stupid charge that they had to know would never stick is scandalous.

The utterly predictable outcome of course..why the fcuk did they bother wasting all the time, money and adverse publicity?:rolleyes:

The utterly predictable outcome of course..why the fcuk did they bother wasting all the time, money and adverse publicity?:rolleyes:

To teach Tyrone a lesson is the only plausible reason I can think of. We know that the decision to charge him in the first place was largely because of the pressure they were getting from "dublin based journos".

Can you think of a more plausible reason?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

To teach Tyrone a lesson is the only plausible reason I can think of. We know that the decision to charge him in the first place was largely because of the pressure they were getting from "dublin based journos".

Can you think of a more plausible reason?

The people making these decisions are incompetent clowns?

Fair waste, given we all knew this would be the outcome.

Better referees, referees ONLY to be used as umpires for championship games (NOT the refs old buddies) and encourage more yellow cards for diving. That's the solution, not to pick 1 guy (for an admitedly idiotic act) and try to throw the book at him mid-season based on a twitter frenzy.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

, not to pick 1 guy (for an admitedly idiotic act) and try to throw the book at him mid-season based on a twitter frenzy.

I agree. But if we are in this situation next year we can forget about the game.

To do what he did deserves a ban, but for everyone that does it. Use video evidence when you have it. Bin that rule about only being able to deal with issues if the ref missed it.
    All simple free solutions.
    I'm glad he's free to play

Meylers black was rescinded.

Poor orourke will be crying.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Jippo

Meylers black was rescinded.

On what grounds? This is nonsense.

Jippo wrote: »
    On what grounds? This is nonsense.

I don't know. At best it was a questionable decision anyway.

• Advertisement

I don't know. At best it was a questionable decision anyway.

I don't think it was questionable at all in the sense that the referee thought he dragged the Mon player down... black card.

It was entirely the kind of cynical play that, in spirit, the black card was brought in for.

I don't think it was questionable at all in the sense that the referee thought he dragged the Mon player down... black card.

It was entirely the kind of cynical play that, in spirit, the black card was brought in for.

I thought at the time it was possibly right then again half time seeing it again I changed my mind.

Meyer thought he was going to be clattered as did I but the mon lad stopped at the very last second. I think Meyler was protecting himself as much as anything from a hit he expected to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,210 ✭✭✭tanko

The people making these decisions are incompetent clowns?

Fair waste, given we all knew this would be the outcome.

Better referees, referees ONLY to be used as umpires for championship games (NOT the refs old buddies) and encourage more yellow cards for diving. That's the solution, not to pick 1 guy (for an admitedly idiotic act) and try to throw the book at him mid-season based on a twitter frenzy.

Does anyone know who the people who sit on the CCCC are?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

He should count himself lucky that he got away with his cheating. It's laughable that you are now trying to turn this into a 'poor me' outcome.

tanko wrote: »
    Nope.
    dixiefly wrote: »
    He should count himself lucky that he got away with his cheating. It's laughable that you are now trying to turn this into a 'poor me' outcome.

Why are you even posting in the Tyrone thread? There's loads of other threads where you can cry about Tyrone without coming across as such an obvious wum.

He was given a proposed ban that had no grounding in the rule book. It was scandalous and a clear swipe at the county he plays for more than the offence he was guilty of.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭wonga77

I dont think that it should affect Mccann in any way, im sure he was training away and Harte knew he would be starting the next day anyway, the dog on the street knew the ban would be overturned.
    The ccc is made up of the Provincial Secretary for each province and a rep from each province as far as I know, im sure the names are probably found on the gaa website

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

tanko wrote: »
    wonga77 wrote: »
    I dont think that it should affect Mccann in any way, im sure he was training away and Harte knew he would be starting the next day anyway, the dog on the street knew the ban would be overturned.
    The ccc is made up of the Provincial Secretary for each province and a rep from each province as far as I know, im sure the names are probably found on the gaa website

From 2012:

Central Competitions Control Committee (CCCC)
    Cathaoirleach Simon Moroney
    Provincial Secretary of Leinster Council Michael Delaney,
    Provincial Secretary of Munster Council Pat Fitzgerald
    Provincial Secretary of Connacht Council John Prenty
    Provincial Secretary of Ulster Council Danny Murphy,
    Leinster Representative Declan Hallissey, Dublin
    Munster Representative Tony Ó Keeffe, Kerry
    Connacht Representative Seamus Maher, Roscommon
    Ulster Representative Peter Carty, Fermanagh
    Runaí Fergal McGill (Games Administration), Croke
    Park
    Pat Doherty (Discipline), Croke Park

https://www.gaa.ie/content/documents/publications/miscellaneous/Committees%202012%20-%202015%20(28_04_2012).pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

It was a statement of intent,a message was been sent out that from 2016 forward such behaviour would not be tolerated.It was inevitable the ban would be overturned but a line was drawn in the sand.

I thought at the time it was possibly right then again half time seeing it again I changed my mind.

Meyer thought he was going to be clattered as did I but the mon lad stopped at the very last second. I think Meyler was protecting himself as much as anything from a hit he expected to get.

In fairness we all have our opinions, most of which are biased (I know mine am).

To suggest that he was doing anything other than trying to get the Monaghan player black carded... I don't swallow that.

If he wanted to protect himself he should have just ran on. Now, maybe he was a bit awkward and that was it but this is an intercounty footballer not me walking around the house banging my big toe.

In fairness we all have our opinions, most of which are biased (I know mine am).

To suggest that he was doing anything other than trying to get the Monaghan player black carded... I don't swallow that.

If he wanted to protect himself he should have just ran on. Now, maybe he was a bit awkward and that was it but this is an intercounty footballer not me walking around the house banging my big toe.

His run was already blocked, the first free would have been to Tyrone.

• Advertisement

His run was already blocked, the first free would have been to Tyrone.

Yeah we will just have to agree to disagree as I'm sorry but I don't buy that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Nope.

Why are you even posting in the Tyrone thread? There's loads of other threads where you can cry about Tyrone without coming across as such an obvious wum.

He was given a proposed ban that had no grounding in the rule book. It was scandalous and a clear swipe at the county he plays for more than the offence he was guilty of.

I came on to see the reaction of tyrone supporters to their getting of the cheat cleared and, unsurprisingly, come across someone still moaning:rolleyes:

Not a wind up at all, I have posted elsewhere that I think he was cheating. It's just a joke that Tyrone posters cannot be thankful that he got off as the rules are a bit unclear.

Let's hop that, for the wider GAA's sake that the rules are worked on and McCann style cheating is properly legislated for. He wasnt the only one but his looked hilarious it was so blatant.

The rules are perfectly clear. It's a yellow card offense.

Keeping a player in Dublin in a meeting less than 80 hours before the biggest game of his life till after 1am is a load of crap. It was a witchhunt that was never going any other way than him getting off. This was a shot from the GAA/Media towards Tyrone to attempt to unsettle them.

https://www.facebook.com/ulsterheraldnews/videos/884148934956290/

Great wee video of the old games from the 00's/

https://www.facebook.com/ulsterheraldnews/videos/884148934956290/

Great wee video of the old games from the 00's/

Is there a non-FB link?

Is there a non-FB link?

It's embedded here but not sure it'll show if you don't have FB.

http://ulsterherald.com/2015/08/20/video-tyrone-v-kerry-we-cant-we-be-friends/

It's embedded here but not sure it'll show if you don't have FB.

http://ulsterherald.com/2015/08/20/video-tyrone-v-kerry-we-cant-we-be-friends/

For some reason that worked out and I'm watching it on FB. :confused:

For some reason that worked out and I'm watching it on FB. :confused:

Ya, the FB vids work OK for people when they're embedded but you need to be logged in for the URL to work.

I'm surprised Boards don't allow for more media options. Probably time they changed forum SW to something a bit more modern than this. Xenforo is awesome.

• Advertisement

Ya, the FB vids work OK for people when they're embedded but you need to be logged in for the URL to work.

I'm surprised Boards don't allow for more media options. Probably time they changed forum SW to something a bit more modern than this. Xenforo is awesome.

I mean from a work POV. I can't get onto FB in work. And tbh it's not something that bothers me. But that worked for some reason. :O

Advertisement