Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyrone GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Honestly, you're probably right. I'm just tired talking about it now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

What's the story with Tommy Walsh? Have they been hiding him up their sleeve, ready to spring him on us when we least suspect? Or are they happy with their attack? I remember Donaghy only really started this time last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

What's the story with Tommy Walsh? Have they been hiding him up their sleeve, ready to spring him on us when we least suspect? Or are they happy with their attack? I remember Donaghy only really started this time last year.

He played the last the 10min against Kildare in MF. Hard to judge as Kildare were dead at that stage. But he looked handy and did well.

I'd say he'll defo come on early in the second half for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

What about a repeat of the toppling of twin towers - 7 years on with the same cast!!! :D

What about a repeat of the toppling of twin towers - 7 years on with the same cast!!! :D

I would gladly bite yer hand off for that.

If I had a choice of Tyrone beating Kerry or Dublin beating Mayo I would take the former all day.

• Advertisement

James Horan on OTB saying that the CCCC decision is crazy and that Tyrone are being hung out to dry all because of media bias.

James Horan on OTB saying that the CCCC decision is crazy and that Tyrone are being hung out to dry all because of media bias.

The Mayo lads have been good allies this week. Lots of former players and Horan have all been saying that.

Jayop wrote: »
    The Mayo lads have been good allies this week. Lots of former players and Horan have all been saying that.

So essentially Ulster (less Monaghan), Dublin and Mayo are onside.

Bomber Liston wrote a piece saying it was a bit of a joke too, so it's not all Kerry lads against us.

I've not seen much from the Monaghan camp either way, and honestly I'd have respect for them commenting on it where as a lot are just using it as an excuse to stick the boot in.

James Horan, top man. One of the few voices of reason in this whole mess.

Looks like Big Joe could be out for the match with a hernia operation. That's a shame, I would love to see him lock horns one more time with the Kerry boys.

• Advertisement

James Horan, top man. One of the few voices of reason in this whole mess.

Looks like Big Joe could be out for the match with a hernia operation. That's a shame, I would love to see him lock horns one more time with the Kerry boys.

Massive pity. Justin is great, but he's not just up to Joe's standard and I'd be a bit worried about his temperament.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Smartguy

I think Tomas o se's article in the indo today is very fair. There has been a lot of media support for Tyrone the last few days so some on here should ease back on the persecution complex.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Lads , yer in the exact same position as Mayo were last year. We got lee keegans decision recended and look what happened . He had a howler in the replay .the week up to the replay some Focus on the match was lost. It definitely took hold of media talk and helped Kerry in the end .

Lads , yer in the exact same position as Mayo were last year. We got lee keegans decision recended and look what happened . He had a howler in the replay .the week up to the replay some Focus on the match was lost. It definitely took hold of media talk and helped Kerry in the end .

Horan said as much on OTB last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Horan said as much on OTB last night.

Didn't see it. Must check rte player

Didn't see it. Must check rte player

You won't be seeing it.

www.newstalk.com

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Jippo

:D

This Kerryman too.

The ban is ridiculous and should be quashed ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,768 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I haven't seen anyone from Kerry in favour of the ban.

Former Meath player Moyles tweets this...

I hope Kerry knock seven shades out of these Tyrone lads ...that McCann lad needs a serious lesson given to him
    12:25am - 9 Aug 15

And the Sunday game Twitter favourites it.

We're totally paranoid though yeah?

• Advertisement

Funny how Meath have declined as a footballing power since punching, kicking and stamping started to get frowned upon.

Should be a good Tyrone support out on Sunday, there's a buzz about this team this year. Quite an achievement considering the beating we took off Monaghan at the start of the league.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Funny how Meath have declined as a footballing power since punching, kicking and stamping started to get frowned upon.
    Still finding it hard to build that bridge from 1996 then?
    Do you not remember the Battle of Omagh, by the way?

For the record, while McCann's actions were embarrassing, I also find the proposed sanction ridiculous especially given Shields' only slightly less embarrassing actions just weeks beforehand that went unpunished.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Maurice Deegans the ref - what do you think of that?

Maurice Deegans the ref - what do you think of that?

I don't really mind. By and large I think they're all as good/bad as each other. If I had a preference I'd probably take the young lad from Meath but it's no biggie. Duffy is the pits, but he won't be reffing Tyrone again for a while I'd imagine.

Back Page of the herald/

CMm_hrjWwAA-WaA.jpg

Also, Rachel Wyse has said on Twitter that Harte has given a really good and thoughtful interview to Sky which will be published/broadcast later in the week. Looking forward to that.

Good article in the Strabane Chronicle too.

http://strabanechronicle.com/2015/08/tyrone-ready-for-latest-chapter-in-enduring-kerry-rivalry/

This line was interesting;

"Of the 31 players currently on the Red Hand panel, only four, the McMahons and the Cavanaghs, made their championship debuts before 2010."

For a side that we always hear about how experienced and battle hardened they are 27 of the 31 man panel has only played for 5 years or less.

Jayop wrote: »
    Good article in the Strabane Chronicle too.

http://strabanechronicle.com/2015/08/tyrone-ready-for-latest-chapter-in-enduring-kerry-rivalry/

This line was interesting;

"Of the 31 players currently on the Red Hand panel, only four, the McMahons and the Cavanaghs, made their championship debuts before 2010."

For a side that we always hear about how experienced and battle hardened they are 27 of the 31 man panel has only played for 5 years or less.

I find this "fourth straight win in Croke Park" thing fairly tedious. I don't know how many Ulster teams Kerry have to beat before we can get back to taking games on their individual merits.

The last time the two teams met in the Championship Kerry beat Tyrone out the gate, but we're ignoring that and going back seven years because Croke Park :confused:

keane2097 wrote: »
    I find this "fourth straight win in Croke Park" thing fairly tedious. I don't know how many Ulster teams Kerry have to beat before we can get back to taking games on their individual merits.

The last time the two teams met in the Championship Kerry beat Tyrone out the gate, but we're ignoring that and going back seven years because Croke Park :confused:

To be fair it's an article in a small regional paper in Tyrone. The writing is going to be fairly lopsided and Tyrone centric.

To be fair, they also refer to the beating in the championship and another bad one in the league.

"This will be Harte’s 79th championship game as manager of the Tyrone senior side, and of the 18 losses in that time, the one in Killarney, lost by 10 points three years ago, could prove most significant if they can make their way to a final against Dublin or Mayo next month.

It was essentially the final curtain on the squad that powered to three Sam Maguires in the previous decade with 12 players who featured that day no longer involved. It opened the door to a new team, one that appears ready to follow in the footsteps of those greats.

” It was one of those landmarks times, there’s been a few other times when we shipped a bit of a beating (too),” said Harte.
” That wouldn’t have been par for the course in the previous eight or 10 years.
 We have had to learn from some hurtful defeats, and obviously our league defeat to Kerry in Killarney less time ago than that (2014) wasn’t pleasant either."

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

That's true if you can't bang on about Tyrone in the Tyrone forum via a Tyrone paper where can you do it.

I think it's fair enough, he mentions the three wins and the years, then he says how Kerry have had the upper hand for the last 7 years.

He talks about how the modern game can't be played with too many over 30's

He pays huge complements to Kerry, apart from that one comment about going for wins in a row, its mainly bigging up Kerry and detailing how little of the old team he has left now and how old they are.

He has to find positives, he's the Tyrone manager. You can't expect him to just talk about how much better Kerry are and say we'll do our best, put up a good fight etc.

• Advertisement

Yeah I don't mind the article, nice to hear a few quotes from Harte.

I've seen this imaginary four in a row crop up a few times now, as I mentioned on Twitter there seems to be some ham-fisted attempt to create a new record to be maintained every time we play a team from Ulster.

Apparently we're ignoring games outside of Croke Park now for the sake of flogging the the dead horse of 03, 05, 08 for one last time. If Kerry get the win on Sunday I look forward to the next time to hear about how Kerry haven't beaten a team from Ulster with red in their strip by more than two points when Jupiter was in the constellation of Pegasus since 1983.

Advertisement