Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IE's 071 Class.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,682 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Has 084 been cleaned up since we last saw pics of it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Has 084 been cleaned up since we last saw pics of it ?

Nope, still nice and grimey but all the body doors are sealed up which is good to see. I saw her today around 14:25 through Howth Junction with an empty tara. It was slowing down for that 25mph speed restriction between Howth Junction and Clongriffin station. Nice whistling sound as it rolled by, sweet music.

Also spotted 230 with the RPSI Mk2 set at 08:52 headding north through Clongriffin. It caught me on the hope as I managed to get a very poor pic with my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

079 in Waterford on a empty timber train.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Forgive my ignorance, I'm a little out of the loop, but is there any orange/black 071's about anymore? I thought there was. I've not seen one in ages so I'm doubting myself now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Eiretrains

BX 19 wrote: »
    Forgive my ignorance, I'm a little out of the loop, but is there any orange/black 071's about anymore? I thought there was. I've not seen one in ages so I'm doubting myself now :D
    There are, numbers 077, 078, 084 and 087. Think 077, 078 and 087 are in Inchicore getting work done, but 084 was operating the Tara Mines trains this week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

An 071 sitting in Athlone Midland as I Type with the weed spray train.
    First time i have seen it.
    No camera to hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

The sprayer heads West tomorrow to Westport and Ballina.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

An 071 back and forth through Clonmel today with timber wagons. Return working to Waterford made a lovely noise accelerating away. Too far away to see number and no camera with me.

An 071 back and forth through Clonmel today with timber wagons. Return working to Waterford made a lovely noise accelerating away. Too far away to see number and no camera with me.

Could be wrong but it may of being the Waterford-Ballina freight service, operating that way becasue of the major singaling damgae caused by cable theft around Carlow area which delayed passenger servuces up to 90 mins today and has only being repaired this evening.

086 stabled at limerick junction with a rake of the auto ballasters with 086 facing cork.Il post a pic later as there is no wifi on the train.

Could they have at least painted the door they took of one off the 141/181s so that it matched the livery of the 071 ? Are thinks that bad in IR ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dowlingm

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Could be wrong but it may of being the Waterford-Ballina freight service, operating that way becasue of the major singaling damgae caused by cable theft around Carlow area which delayed passenger servuces up to 90 mins today and has only being repaired this evening.
    Also could be rakes being brought to/from Limerick Depot for maintenance?

073 in Claremorris this evening witht the Ballina-Waterford timber

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭cml387

101sean wrote: »

Didn't Medite take rail deliveries of wood some years ago?

071 was also in Claremorris this evening with the Weed Sprayer

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    086 stabled at limerick junction with a rake of the auto ballasters with 086 facing cork.Il post a pic later as there is no wifi on the train.

It's been there for ages. It was there during the bank holiday weekend too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

Also could be rakes being brought to/from Limerick Depot for maintenance?

It's only ever 2 or 3 empty wagons so I assume they are going to and from repair.

Medite must be a bit of a missed opportunity going by the number of trucks in and out of there.

079 in Waterford on Friday afternoon.

073 Ballina over the weekend.(dfds).071 Roscommen for the weekend(sprayer).072 Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

071 with the weedsprayer back through athlone today heading for portarlington

084 still on taras. Passed North through Howth Junction at 17:55 with 12 empties.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭steamengine

084 still on taras. Passed North through Howth Junction at 17:55 with 12 empties.

Any idea of the current time for the morning laden Tara through HJ ? Last year it was around 11.00 or thereabouts !!!

Any idea of the current time for the morning laden Tara through HJ ? Last year it was around 11.00 or thereabouts !!!

It's still around that time. Usually 11:15ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

What days?

Whats the route it takes ?

BX 19 wrote: »
    What days?

Whats the route it takes ?

Mon-Fri. 3 return trips per day.

Goes from Alexandra Road, to North Wall yard, joins the main line at East Wall Junction on the river Tolka just south of Clontarf Road DART station. It stays on the main line to Drogheda where it turns onto the Navin branch just short of the main station, goes past the old Platin cement works and on to the Tara mine.

Did you mean actual route or time table paths between services, as these can change but usually revolve around Enterprise and semi fast Drogheda/Dundalk services or ECS movements.

It's still around that time. Usually 11:15ish.

Thank you !!! Hoping to 'you tube' it shortly !!! :D

Captain Chaos - you're on the ball - 11.15 approx this morning - 084 and 12 wagons. Unfortunately there is a lot of road traffic noise in the clip, but eventually 084 wins out !!! ;):D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6EjZfJPPMI

Captain Chaos - you're on the ball - 11.15 approx this morning - 084 and 12 wagons. Unfortunately there is a lot of road traffic noise in the clip, but eventually 084 wins out !!! ;):D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6EjZfJPPMI

It wont win the best looking loco award but it sounds okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

imag0418f.jpg
    imag0407p.jpg
    imag0409i.jpg
    imag0415s.jpg
    imag0411wp.jpg
    imag0417v.jpg
    imag0397u.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

i have a vid of her cold starting but i am unsure how to load it. It started first turn . I was under the impression this was not the case with these trains

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

gsxr1 wrote: »
    i have a vid of her cold starting but i am unsure how to load it. It started first turn . I was under the impression this was not the case with these trains
    Hence why they won't shut them down overnight.

Advertisement