Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IE's 071 Class.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

086 worked the "Mystery Railtour" today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

All 18 of the 071 class in action.

I love the sound at the end with 088,reminds me of my childhood watching trains and the clickety clack that was so common then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭kingshankly

There a Cnut to drive as light engines as the loco brake is very poor. As soon as ya see an amber into emergency to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

There a Cnut to drive as light engines as the loco brake is very poor. As soon as ya see an amber into emergency to be on the safe side.

How many of the 071s have you driven Kingshankly?Have you any preferences of which of the 071s you prefer?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 seagoebox

to me the best performer was 074, always a great puller with good acceleration. 072 was next, the dirtiest was 088. I always though 079 to be the worst

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Bonus_Pack

Well I suppose it's no surprise really since they only have shoes that act on the face of the wheel rather than proper disc brakes like what is on the 201s.

079 worked a late running Ballina-Waterford timber train this evening passing MJ at 1715.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

086 is now working the taras along with 084 after working the mystery tour at the weekend. Trying to count how many doors 086 has "borrowed" from the scrapped 141s.:pac:

072 worked the N wall-Ballina IWT liner and was held outside Manulla Junction just before 6pm and got the road once the 2800 Ballina-MJ railcar entered the bay. a uid 071 worked the Waterford-Westport empty timber passing through Castlebar at 1905.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Mayo checker

this topic is prob in the wrong section ,,,,great to see the boards doing better than irishrailwaynews..that site has gone downhill since they made it harder to join,,,,when i read the posts now somebody with the name TTC 0169 seems to be all on his own ,,,TTC if your on boards to leave IRN and post up here anymore.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,333 ✭✭✭✭Victor

this topic is prob in the wrong section ,,,,great to see the boards doing better than irishrailwaynews..that site has gone downhill since they made it harder to join,,,,when i read the posts now somebody with the name TTC 0169 seems to be all on his own ,,,TTC if your on boards to leave IRN and post up here anymore.....
    Lets not go there.

081 worked the Westport-Waterford timber train today passing through Castlebar at 1630. A sluggish 079 worked the Waterford - Ballina DFDS liner departing Claremorris rather late.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

072 in Waterford yesterday evening.

An 071 (too far away to get the number) + 2 Enterprise Mk3 EGVs passed north through Clongriffin at 9:10. As far as I know there is already one at York Road.

I wish I had my camera for that one, movement of the year for me so far.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭choo choo man

Bonus_Pack wrote: »
    Well I suppose it's no surprise really since they only have shoes that act on the face of the wheel rather than proper disc brakes like what is on the 201s.

The 201's have the same thread brake design as the 071's. The 201 class are not fitted with disc brakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Dublin Spotter

088 failed around Sallins while operating N Wall-Ballina service today. 8208 came to rescue.

088 always failed when operating freight services

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

088 failed around Sallins while operating N Wall-Ballina service today. 8208 came to rescue.

088 always failed when operating freight services
    Read that earlier on the IRN, btw saw an 071 leaving Connolly 9 this morning with 2 Dietrich coaches, going north, anybody know anything about this

• Registered Users Posts: 24,485 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Sligo Quay wrote: »
    btw saw an 071 leaving Connolly 9 this morning with 2 Dietrich coaches, going north, anybody know anything about this
    An 071 (too far away to get the number) + 2 Enterprise Mk3 EGVs passed north through Clongriffin at 9:10. As far as I know there is already one at York Road.

I imagine the two are linked ;)

I've heard on the grapevine that the vans are supposed to be entering service shortly.

086 passed north through Clongriffin with 12 empties for tara at 14:00.

082 or 076, I think, followed at 14:05 with 7 spoil and 2 flat track wagons. One loaded and one empty. Heading to Drogheda station.

• Advertisement

072 worked the Northwall-Ballina IWT Liner passing through Manulla Junction at 1650. 081 with the Westport-Waterford timber was held the far side of the Junction until the liner passed through.20 minutes later 079 with the Waterford-Westport empty timber blasted through the Junction after crossing 081 in Claremorris.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

saw a double headed tara last night, 086 and 084 passing Howth jun, would have made a great picture, anybody get a picture

Sligo Quay wrote: »
    saw a double headed tara last night, 086 and 084 passing Howth jun, would have made a great picture, anybody get a picture

Oh no. I was wondering why I didn't see 084 on the taras today. I did see an 071 pass LE south through Clongriffin just before 9am this morning.

I wonder will they keep 084 in this time and it's the last we will see of the orange 071s. 084 has been on the taras constantly for the past few months now with no swap over which is a bit odd unless they were expecting it to fail soon enough and kept it near to Inchicore instead of on a liner at the other side of the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Dublin Spotter

I've heard on the grapevine that the vans are supposed to be entering service shortly.

This evenigns 18.10 Belfast-Connolly is being operated by a non entreprise services. There is no loco or train fault so could it be off to have a van attached to it.

Class leader 071 noted in Portloaise early this morning.

086+12 on the laden tara this afternoon. Passed Clongriffin at 14:45. No sighting of 084 since it failed on the taras. Wonder where it is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Eiretrains

I might just to say something to correct things, but I believe it was 086 that failed, and was rescued by 084, which is unusual as I would have thought it be the other way around. Anyway, hope 084 is still doing a Tara run regardless.:D

Eiretrains wrote: »
    I might just to say something to correct things, but I believe it was 086 that failed, and was rescued by 084, which is unusual as I would have thought it be the other way around. Anyway, hope 084 is still doing a Tara run regardless.:D

084 is off the taras. 081 and 086 are the two tara locos this week. 084 has not been spotted on the northern line since it rescued 086 last week. I thought it was 084 that failed too.

079 worked the Northwall-Ballina IWT liner today arriving in Ballina early this afternoon.

• Advertisement

072 worked the Westport-Waterford timber this evening passing through Castlebar at 1635.

Advertisement