Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bray airshow 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭garfieldsghost

the draken was not flying with the fuel tank in question.that was on the ground as part of the stores display that the aircraft can carry...and it WAS NOT the swedish air force,it was a DANISH airforce draken

I remember this airshow well. As others have said, it was a Swedish Draken on display.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭snowserpeant

oh YES it was a DANISH draken.it was the 1989 show,not the 1993 show when the swedish drakens turned up

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Duffer2010

Jets at the Air Specacular of 89' where an A 10, MB326 from Italy, a Luftwaffe Alpha Jet and the Patrouille de France. Definitely no Danish Airforce Draken.

Hold on I see there is an update to the Bray website a Druine Condor will be appearing! The excitement never ends. They get the strangest of acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Duffer2010 wrote: »
    Jets at the Air Specacular of 89' where an A 10,
    Hold on I see there is an update to the Bray website a Druine Condor will be appearing! The excitement never ends. They get the strangest of acts.

Yeah such a great addition to the lineup...

Such fun to watch..
    NOT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

The Drakens were Swedish, in 89, as was their associated Hercules and the Unimog service truck (with very non-rusty equipment) and the coach that got off the Hercules (personally marshalled by me), along with about 30 Swedes. My colleagues and I spent a long time with the Drakens as we were detailed to handle them and provide them with anything they needed. Apart from directions to the bar and the toilet, they needed not a jot, as they had brought absolutely everything, including fluency in English and Swedish beer;)
    regards
    Stovepipe

• Advertisement

BD 5 now added to lineup. What do you guys think the USAF will send? I reckon it will be large with at least four engines.

BD 5 now added to lineup. What do you guys think the USAF will send? I reckon it will be large with at least four engines.

Or eight engines, usually send the b52 dont they?

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭airbusa320

Doubt it only sent the B52 once. Prob a c130- 0r a C17, but would be great to see a couple of F-15 from LN ?

Yeah even if a pair of F-15's done a quick flyby it would be a big addition to the line up. I remember at the 1996 Abbeyshrule Airshow, two USAF F-16's done this. Just to hear a supersonic aircraft at an Irish show south of the border again would be great.

Yeah it would be brilliant..

Maybe they should contact the RAF, surely they may send over something if they cover some fuel costs.. Would be nice to see a VC10, Tristar KC1 or the Boeing 707 Sentry..

What would be the rough costs for the fuel for the short trip over?

A chinook, tornado or typhoon would be a great addition to the show also if they could sort something out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Plane Jane

The request for any foreign participation has to be made a good 10 months in advance!! You cant just phone up and request it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭garfieldsghost

Yeah even if a pair of F-15's done a quick flyby it would be a big addition to the line up. I remember at the 1996 Abbeyshrule Airshow, two USAF F-16's done this. Just to hear a supersonic aircraft at an Irish show south of the border again would be great.

Good times. Another year they had a couple of F-15s and an A-10...

Any more news on bray?
    Nothing on website.. i presume that they wont be adding anything else

b757 wrote: »
    Any more news on bray?
    Nothing on website.. i presume that they wont be adding anything else
    have not heard anything else.i would think that they wont be adding anymore as it starts a 3.30 so,overall,its not a lot of time for flying....i wont be going...instead i will watch it from howth summit which is only a few minutes from where i live

No word on the usual coastguard confirmimg or if the Air Corps will be attending this year as of yet.
    The USAF are also in the same bracket ?

why am i not surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Teddy Edward

I see Newcastle festival of flight august 11th 2012 has nice line up,

RAF Typhoon, Hawk, Tucano and BBMF
    Danish Air Force 109 and C130 also

Not bad for an airshow only 2 years old!!

Any one know if there is a website for this airshow. Its not too easy to get much information about it. Its the Belgians sending the 109 and the c130, but not looking to bad at all for a very young airshow.

Sorry Airbusa 320 you are 100% correct...my mistake:o

No idea on website....anyone else?

It looks like the hawker hunter has been removed fron the offical website. :(

• Advertisement

airbusa320 wrote: »

Why am i not surprised.... I'd say that the people doing the airshow don't give a shi*e what comes to display, the way the lineup has been for the past few years.

Also why do they have the blades down in 5 different pictures on the website? Probably trying to make it that they might have something decent showing up that doesn't do a 40knt fly by

I was half considering going to this thing, based on the appearance of the Hunter. It's absence from the website seals the deal now. Watching Cessna's doing circuit training in Weston would be more exciting then this crap.

Why announce in the papers and plaster all over the website the Hunter is coming and then remove all like it never happened.

These people know nothing about airshows!!

Bring back Salthill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Aerohead

I was looking at Air Show reviews on UKAR when I came across the 2007 one in Salthill , God we were spoiled for choice it got a great write up, great praise for organisers and how they attracted so much foreign military displays.

Link: http://www.airshows.co.uk/reports/overseas/2007/salthill-air-show/

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭television

Why announce in the papers and plaster all over the website the Hunter is coming and then remove all like it never happened.

These people know nothing about airshows!!

Bring back Salthill

i just KNEW this sort of thing was going to happen...well done to the orgaiser NOT....yet again more empty promises:mad:....not going now,instead i will go to see it on howth head which is a damn sight nearer to where i live

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Lustrum

Bray is obviously going to dissapoint, so why not take the short hop over to Bournemouth at the end of August.

Aer Lingus are showing return flights at the moment for €103

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQCgl5NFd4I

i might just do that:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 armchair pilot

I have read through postings on this thread over the past couple months. Its amazing the frustration of most contributors here. There appears no response from the organiser. Probably because as many of you have indicated, he is too busy with his other commercial interests to be bothered reading these comments, let along bother about any degree of organising. Perhaps if he made the effort to read some of the more constructive comments he would start planning the 2013 air display (not air show!!) as soon as 2012 is finished.

Several have referred to the Red Arrows. A request for their appearance must be made in the preceding September. Had he made this request in September 2011, perhaps he could have benefited from their appearance at Rhyl, a mere 90nms from Bray, on the eve of the Bray 'Spectacular' show.

Guys, I think the nearest you can expect in terms of a fast jet was the Tornado observed at Bray one morning a couple of months ago!!. Just look where Portrush is after ten successful free seaside air shows.......... http://www.niinternationalairshow.co.uk/. This is year 7 for this current organiser at Bray.

The promo on the web site is inaccurate and misleading. http://www.brayairdisplay.com/. "Ireland’s largest free air show". Is he trying to fool the public that Bray is bigger than Portrush, or perhaps that Portrush is no longer on the island of Ireland??

Sé Pardy from Simtech Aviation, said; “Every year, the Air Spectacular grows in size and spectacle and on Sunday July 22nd, we are planning another fun-filled, family day, that will thrill tens of thousands of spectators. Alongside firm favorites, we are also bringing new planes and pilots to Bray, adding even more excitement to an already winning formula at Bray Summerfest.” . Who is this guy trying to kid !!!!

On 1 May 'Snowserpeant' (above) confronted this organiser and was told he had a few surprises. With 5 weeks to go isnt it time he had these 'surprises' posted on the web site???. Perhaps 'Snowserpeant' might direct that Aer Lingus captain to the comments on Boards.ie !!!. Eddie Goggins aircraft has long been sold and left the country, yet it is still featured as an act coming to Bray !!. If it wasn't for our own Irish Air Corps, the display would start at 3.30 and be over shortly after 4pm.

It is evident there was never a chance of the Hunter coming to Bray............... sure the organiser might as well have misled us about the Reds, and national aerobatic teams from Spain, France, Switzerland, Italy etc, etc.. even the USAF Thunderbirds !!! The usual US contribution will be some machine on its way back to the USA overflying Dublin Bay. Seems the organisers are just pocketing their substantial fee and laughing at us all. !!!

I have read through postings on this thread over the past couple months. Its amazing the frustration of most contributors here. There appears no response from the organiser. Probably because as many of you have indicated, he is too busy with his other commercial interests to be bothered reading these comments, let along bother about any degree of organising. Perhaps if he made the effort to read some of the more constructive comments he would start planning the 2013 air display (not air show!!) as soon as 2012 is finished.

Several have referred to the Red Arrows. A request for their appearance must be made in the preceding September. Had he made this request in September 2011, perhaps he could have benefited from their appearance at Rhyl, a mere 90nms from Bray, on the eve of the Bray 'Spectacular' show.

Guys, I think the nearest you can expect in terms of a fast jet was the Tornado observed at Bray one morning a couple of months ago!!. Just look where Portrush is after ten successful free seaside air shows.......... http://www.niinternationalairshow.co.uk/. This is year 7 for this current organiser at Bray.

The promo on the web site is inaccurate and misleading. http://www.brayairdisplay.com/. "Ireland’s largest free air show". Is he trying to fool the public that Bray is bigger than Portrush, or perhaps that Portrush is no longer on the island of Ireland??

Sé Pardy from Simtech Aviation, said; “Every year, the Air Spectacular grows in size and spectacle and on Sunday July 22nd, we are planning another fun-filled, family day, that will thrill tens of thousands of spectators. Alongside firm favorites, we are also bringing new planes and pilots to Bray, adding even more excitement to an already winning formula at Bray Summerfest.” . Who is this guy trying to kid !!!!

On 1 May 'Snowserpeant' (above) confronted this organiser and was told he had a few surprises. With 5 weeks to go isnt it time he had these 'surprises' posted on the web site???. Perhaps 'Snowserpeant' might direct that Aer Lingus captain to the comments on Boards.ie !!!. Eddie Goggins aircraft has long been sold and left the country, yet it is still featured as an act coming to Bray !!. If it wasn't for our own Irish Air Corps, the display would start at 3.30 and be over shortly after 4pm.

It is evident there was never a chance of the Hunter coming to Bray............... sure the organiser might as well have misled us about the Reds, and national aerobatic teams from Spain, France, Switzerland, Italy etc, etc.. even the USAF Thunderbirds !!! The usual US contribution will be some machine on its way back to the USA overflying Dublin Bay. Seems the organisers are just pocketing their substantial fee and laughing at us all. !!!
    i also know se pardy and it is he himself that is the organiser,now being a captain with aer lingus you would think he would have at least the slightest amount of intrest in this airshow,i just cant understand it....and as for the hunter,i KNEW it would NEVER turn up and i cant wait to hear what he gives as the reason / excuse for its no show.just goes to show what snowserpeant said previously..."just because an aircraft is confirmed does NOT mean it will turn up"....looks like itsgoing to bea few cans of beer and watching it on howth head for me.dont fancy spending over an hour on a packed dart just to see the same stuff again

• Advertisement

airbusa320 wrote: »
    this is just me speculating but i would not be 1 bit surprised if the guy / guys who own this hunter saw it being advertised for bray and told the team behind bray that they would sue bray council and the airshow team if it was not removed from the line up as they were / are not actually invited [false advertising]..as i say ,its just me thinking outloud but its possable

Advertisement