Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bray airshow 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭airbusa320

I dont think legal action was on the cards but you have to ask the question of why the hunter was even mentioned if it ws never on the cards to display at Bray let alone have an article in the paper about it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Stringman

Hey guys, i don't normally comment on these boards, just keep an eye on whats been flying around, but felt i had to say that if you look at the comments on brays facebook page, the hawker man says hes still coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭television

how long ago was that comment made by the hunter pilot,as for it being advertised when it clearly was not going to be here is just stupid.

At the start of the week the owner of the hunter posted a reply to a comment left on the facebook page .

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Plane Jane

Why doesn't someone contact the organisers Simtech and see what they say?

The mail address on the Bray site is airspec@indigo.ie

• Advertisement

airbusa320 wrote: »
    At the start of the week the owner of the hunter posted a reply to a comment left on the facebook page .
    that sounds strange as he is coming but his hunter is not....what about the jet provost that was also mooted as a possability

Plane Jane wrote: »
    Why doesn't someone contact the organisers Simtech and see what they say?

The mail address on the Bray site is airspec@indigo.ie

i have contacted them as i know most of the guys who work there and as far as the owners / managers go you might aswell be talking to the wall if trying to get info on bray...sorry to say it but that really is their attatude:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

television wrote: »
    i have contacted them as i know most of the guys who work there and as far as the owners / managers go you might aswell be talking to the wall if trying to get info on bray...sorry to say it but that really is their attatude:mad:

Your not the only one who got nothing back.

Emailed the organizer of the group of lads who were trying to get the airshow in Tramore this year, and the type of a/c they were trying to get was amazing.. But i presume finances prevented it from happening.. Hopefully next year.

i can imagine there is quite a few.as far as tramore goes,yes hopefully next year

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Duffer2010

I see Newcastle festival of flight august 11th 2012 has nice line up,

RAF Typhoon, Hawk, Tucano and BBMF
    Danish Air Force 109 and C130 also

Not bad for an airshow only 2 years old!!

Teddy Edward where did you get this info re; Newcastle? That is a very nice little line up.

• Advertisement

THE GNAT DISPLAY TEAM IS CURRENTLY CONFIRMED AT THE FOLLOWING AIRSHOWS DURING 2012:

17th June 2012 - RAF Cosford Airshow 2012
    30th June - 1st July 2012 - RAF Waddington International Airshow
    7th -8th July 2012 - Royal International Air Tattoo 2012, RAF Fairford (TBC)
    13th-15th July 2012 - Farnborough International 2012 (TBC)
    9th-12th August 2012 - Airbourne 2012 , Eastbourne Seafront (TBC)
    18th August 2012 - Portmouth Air Festival, Southsea Common
    19th August 2012 - Rose of Tralee Airshow, Ireland
    1st-2nd September 2012 - Shoreham Airshow 2012 (TBC)
    2nd September 2012 - Fly to the Past 2012, Oxford Airport
    8th-9th September 2012 - Duxford Air Show, IWM Duxford (TBC)
    7th October 2012 - Shuttleworth Autumn Airshow, Old Warden

just found out why the hunter is not coming [or at least what the organisers would have us belive].apperantly the pilot does not have the proper paperwork / permit. now while i have not been told wether its him or the aircraft thats in question,and i suppose it could be true,i DO NOT believe it for 1 minute.like snowserpeant said "i wonder what excuse they will come up with for its no show".well there you have it folks.as i said before i firmly believe this aircraft was never coming to bray:mad::mad::mad:

I suppose it was to good to be true. I wonder if the owner of the hunter knows about this or is it just an excuse from the organisers?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭snowserpeant

yes i heard this.i was talking to a guy who knows si pardy very well [and this guy is NOT involved with the bray airshow in any way,shape or form so he has no reason to lie about it] and he told me that pardy told him the hunter is not coming for the above reason although he would not say if it was the permit for the hunter or the pilot thats the problem,i cant see how it would be a problem as there is still plenty of time to get it sorted so the pilot probably does not know what excuse is being mooted as the reason for his no show [flying]

The said Hunter is displaying at RIAT @ Fairford and i would very much doubt the paperwork is the issue here! If its good enough for RIAT its good enough for Bray as per CAA regs.

All seems quite odd though:confused:

thats my piont exactly......excuse from bray as to why its not going to show up....or who knows,they might use the same "turbulance" reason aswell like they did for the gnat team:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭westdub

The said Hunter is displaying at RIAT @ Fairford and i would very much doubt the paperwork is the issue here! If its good enough for RIAT its good enough for Bray as per CAA regs.

The only Hunters at RIAT this year are on static display and not Flying...

http://www.airtattoo.com/airshow/aircraft/aircraft-confirmed

im sure it will be flying into fairford anyway as opposed to being brought in on the back of a truck:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

You don't need any license for static display, just fly there and park it up..

Whereas you do need a certain license to perform a display.

--

Talking with organizers and i believe they were quoted €15,000 for 4 min jet display time. When you think about, there is no point wasting all the available cash on a few min jet display. They did say that the USAF display wouldn't be fast but very impressive. Any ideas on what it could be? Osprey? :D

b757

i know that,i meant that the hunter is flying into riat so the hunter is not the problem.15.000 quid for the display.while i would expect it to cost that much every other show would be quoted roughly the same price [uk gbp / euro].surley they would have know that at the start when enquiring.if they dont have the money fair enough but why put it up on the website AND in newspapers only to know they could not afford that aircraft.they should have just come out and said they cant afford it and they had to cancel its apperance [in fact they should never have said its coming in the first place,a blatant lie to get persons to go to the show in my opinion:mad:]as for the usaf apperance i would say most likley a hercules like last year

• Advertisement

b757,

The organizers would have been quoted 15k when they booked it!! A shoddy PR stunt is more the reason i think!!

From reviewing previous posts Bray is suffering badly as an airshow! The last thing you do is announce something is coming when it clearly never was in the 1st place.

It may have been a PR stunt on behalf of bray but the pilot was under the impression he was coming according to his facebook page ?If the reason to cancel the display was down to cost surley there is now cash left over to book a cheaper act as the line up is very thin at the moment, and if the USAF are coming why not them as confirmed on the web site ?

It may have been a PR stunt on behalf of bray but the pilot was under the impression he was coming according to his facebook page ?If the reason to cancel the display was down to cost surley there is now cash left over to book a cheaper act as the line up is very thin at the moment, and if the USAF are coming why not them as confirmed on the web site ?

They even got this printed in the paper.....
    http://www.herald.ie/news/fast-jets-to-thrill-crowds-at-bray-air-show-3075361.html

another thing that gauls me about this [and it ties nicley into you asking why the usaf are not confirmed].remember the hunter was also confirmed ,as were the gnat team a few years ago [another no show] so as i have said before, remember even if an aircraft is confirmed thats no guarantee it will turn up.the fact they said it was confirmed that would lead most persons to believe that the pilot has agreed a price [if not actually paid already] and agreed to do it

i also dont believe cash is the issue as every year there are tens of thousands of persons there for this show so there is some amount of money being spent so bray council certainly rakes it in

I see the subject of the cancelled hunter is now being talked about on the bray facebook page. And with a link to the Boards.ie comments ?

Aer lingus a320 retrojet added

oh wow [not!!].he is really pulling out all the stops...retro a320...yawn:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭NobodyImportant

Aer lingus a320 retrojet added

A320 doing a flyby?Class! Loved the Aer Aerann flyby of an ATR the last time. Low flying A320 should be cool.

• Advertisement

i saw it at last years show and it was just average,nothing really special about it...the fact i work in the airport and see this on an almost daily bases means it is nothing special to me....and i could have told you months ago this would be on the line up for bray...predictable that it is

Advertisement