Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beef price tracker

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Nettleman wrote: »
    I wouldn't give my heifers away below 4 now as that base is freely available now. It won't take much haggling to get across the line, and I would advise haggling. They will never put the price up if lads keep letting them have cattle at 395.

Yea mines booked In kepak last weekend at 4.00 a kilo
    Rang dunbia in case they had upped there price
    Yea 4 should be across the board at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭orm0nd

any one know what an aged HE bull would make in the factory ? he's 990 kgs and gone too heavy for my cows

was hoping to get about €1500 for him (any more would be a bonus)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

orm0nd wrote: »
    any one know what an aged HE bull would make in the factory ? he's 990 kgs and gone too heavy for my cows

was hoping to get about €1500 for him (any more would be a bonus)

Is that fresh weight off your own scales. If he has a good cover of flesh( which more than likly he has) he wil kill generally about 53%. However if fresh weight you might be a bit back so about 500kgs. Not sure what prices factory's are paying for stock bulls. Hard to see him make 1500. At 2.8/kg if achieveable he make 1400 euro

Is that fresh weight off your own scales. If he has a good cover of flesh( which more than likly he has) he wil kill generally about 53%. However if fresh weight you might be a bit back so about 500kgs. Not sure what prices factory's are paying for stock bulls. Hard to see him make 1500. At 2.8/kg if achieveable he make 1400 euro

would be as good as fresh weight, weighted him in the jeep and box on a local weighbridge , only a few minutes away.

he's nicely covered but would carry more, he's a 06 bull , think I throw another bit of feeding into him and hold till the new year, herd test immediately after Xmas so might blood him and see then

thanks for your opinion, it's outa my league

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nettleman

orm0nd wrote: »
    would be as good as fresh weight, weighted him in the jeep and box on a local weighbridge , only a few minutes away.

he's nicely covered but would carry more, he's a 06 bull , think I throw another bit of feeding into him and hold till the new year, herd test immediately after Xmas so might blood him and see then

thanks for your opinion, it's outa my league
    The blood tests mightn't need to be done next year, aren't they doing away with them?

• Advertisement

Nettleman wrote: »
    The blood tests mightn't need to be done next year, aren't they doing away with them?

AFAIK no herd testing, but still have to test for sales until June or July,

subject to correction on this maybe Greysides could verify

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭dryan

Quoted 3:90 for overage steers over the phone last night - midlands

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭severeoversteer

dryan wrote: »
    Quoted 3:90 for overage steers over the phone last night - midlands

are they over 36 months?

tell us how you get on when you kill them please:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Goodman group announces beef deal with Japan
    http://www.agriland.ie/news/goodman-group-announces-beef-deal-japan/

Larry will be looking for cheap cattle

are they over 36 months?

tell us how you get on when you kill them please:)

Over 30 months. That rule hasn't changed yet according to agent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭huey1975

Any quotes for bullocks for next week?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

€3.90 in Kepak

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 247 ✭✭primary 2

restive wrote: »
    €3.90 in Kepak

is that over or underage? and also is that up on last weeks price?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

Underage. I do not know about last week, but i got 3.85 two weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Charlie Charolais

I said wrote: »
    Goodman group announces beef deal with Japan
    http://www.agriland.ie/news/goodman-group-announces-beef-deal-japan/

Larry will be looking for cheap cattle

any stock leaving the country is a good thing, it will help the lower the supply balance

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

any stock leaving the country is a good thing, it will help the lower the supply balance

It's meat leaving our shores not stock. Still no new genuine competitor buying stock :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

Any killing going on this week or next? Any movement on prices?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

3.90 for a few bullocks today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

3.35 O&P cows 3.55 rs tomorrow

moved a few overage bullocks this morning.
    Rs - 3:95
    Us - 4:00

Midlands.

• Advertisement

moved a few overage bullocks this morning.
    Rs - 3:95
    Us - 4:00

Midlands.

over 30 months or 36 months?

over 30 months or 36 months?

Cattle over 30 Months are still being classified as overage. There is nothing in the pipeline yet to change this to 36 months.

Cattle over 30 Months are still being classified as overage. There is nothing in the pipeline yet to change this to 36 months.

At present Factory's are quoting the same base for under and over 30 months. However are quoting lower for over 36 months. On over 30 months you lose QA.

3.95 and 4 flat for R's and U's unless you had a issue with very heavy weights would be an average price and poorish if a lot of R+'s and U=/+'s.

At present Factory's are quoting the same base for under and over 30 months. However are quoting lower for over 36 months. On over 30 months you lose QA.

3.95 and 4 flat for R's and U's unless you had a issue with very heavy weights would be an average price and poorish if a lot of R+'s and U=/+'s.

Ahh right, i see where you are coming from now.
    Yeah, half of the batch were over 36 months. the rest over 30.
    In general, just large carcass animals that took time to finish.
    Got a call from an agent over the weekend to see if i wanted to move them at that price so i took it.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭severeoversteer

there was always appetite for up to 36 month old cattle but once they go over that they are less keen

its kind of an unofficial age limit in a way that isn't on paper

it is the susceptibility to bse that pins an age of 30 months on beef cattle, the offal on older animals is higher risk

Ahh right, i see where you are coming from now.
    Yeah, half of the batch were over 36 months. the rest over 30.
    In general, just large carcass animals that took time to finish.
    Got a call from an agent over the weekend to see if i wanted to move them at that price so i took it.

If there was over 36 month and heavy carcass's then it was a good price all in considering.
    there was always appetite for up to 36 month old cattle but once they go over that they are less keen

its kind of an unofficial age limit in a way that isn't on paper

it is the susceptibility to bse that pins an age of 30 months on beef cattle, the offal on older animals is higher risk

36 months seems to be a limit at present. It was 48 months previously and that is still there but most cut 10c/kg for over 36 month cattle minimum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

Anyone know are there going to be any changes to the 12c bonus come the 1st of January. Are they going to pay it on over 30 month cattle?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭DMAXMAN

Cavanjack wrote: »
    Anyone know are there going to be any changes to the 12c bonus come the 1st of January. Are they going to pay it on over 30 month cattle?

the chances of it being paid on over 30 month cattle is slim to none. they are talking about giving a qa payment on all qa cattle, but it is to be cost neutral so it will have to be taken from the existing 12c in my opinion

Cavanjack wrote: »

Too many cattle being killed at present. Factory's made this deal when it looked like numbers were falling. However with strong kill there will be nothing done at present

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭topgeas

4.05 base from slaney + hereford bonus + qa. i"ve 15 herefords to go. trying to get a another 5 cent. have to go soon getting over fat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement