Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Junior Club Semi Final

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

wonga77 wrote: »
    Funnily enough i heard that suggested today, at the time I thought it seemed a bit mad but you never know. Im still confused as to why some of the others were punished, esp the #3?

Well there was more than the video we've all seen, there was a second video and then of course the referees report aswell, so I assume he was suspended on the back of one of those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

I think it's an absolute disgrace this club was allowed stay in the competition. They should have been kicked out.

Yet another day of shame for the GAA to heave these people prancing about Croke Park.

Gophur wrote: »
    I think it's an absolute disgrace this club was allowed stay in the competition. They should have been kicked out.

Yet another day of shame for the GAA to heave these people prancing about Croke Park.

Would you have awarded the title to the Galway champions by default so, because from any footage Ive seen if your throwing Derrytresk out then Dromid Pearses would surely have to be thrown out aswell??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

if your throwing Derrytresk out then Dromid Pearses would surely have to be thrown out aswell??

both sides were at fault != both sides committed equal offences

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭wonga77

I think the photo released by DT in todays paper is strange. Why leave it so late and what are they trying to prove? Apparently they have a series of photos to be released after the final on sunday which leads back to my original question. What will they prove?

• Advertisement

It would have been unfair on Clonbur, im sure they wanted a crack at Croker and not to win by default

I think the photo released by DT in todays paper is strange. Why leave it so late and what are they trying to prove? Apparently they have a series of photos to be released after the final on sunday which leads back to my original question. What will they prove?

Link?

Would you have awarded the title to the Galway champions by default so, because from any footage Ive seen if your throwing Derrytresk out then Dromid Pearses would surely have to be thrown out aswell??

1. It is not up to me to decide who to award any title to. I'm not in that position. It didn't happen, unfortunately, so the question as to who would/should replace them is irrelevant. (Look at last year's finalists to see who got there by wining and who got there by nomination?)

As for those saying both parties were equally guilty? I think the overwhelming evidence and the verdict of the GAA was the Tyrone people were the main aggressors.

keane2097 wrote: »
    both sides were at fault != both sides committed equal offences
    1. It is not up to me to decide who to award any title to. I'm not in that position. It didn't happen, unfortunately, so the question as to who would/should replace them is irrelevant. (Look at last year's finalists to see who got there by wining and who got there by nomination?)

As for those saying both parties were equally guilty? I think the overwhelming evidence and the verdict of the GAA was the Tyrone people were the main aggressors.

I think I have been misunderstood here I never suggested both parties were quilty of equal offences, but can someone tell me where the line is drawn, is it like ok Dromid 3 players suspended and €2,500 fine, you're ok , but Derrytresk 4 players, 4 subs and a €5,000 fine, thats completely unacceptable you're thrown out :confused:

I think I have been misunderstood here I never suggested both parties were quilty of equal offences, but can someone tell me where the line is drawn, is it like ok Dromid 3 players suspended and €2,500 fine, you're ok , but Derrytresk 4 players, 4 subs and a €5,000 fine, thats completely unacceptable you're thrown out :confused:

Yeah, draw the line at people outside the 15s getting involved in physical altercations with players. EZ game.

• Advertisement

Look at why Corduff GFC were kicked out of last year's All Ireland semi-final?

The thugs that were seen in the semi-final this year weren't deemed enough to get the club thrown out of the competition yet Corduff were kicked out for fielding an ineligible player (too young).

Very strange rules and values.

If necessary, the competition could have been prolonged to allow the defeated Munster and Ulster finalists to play off for a place in the final.

In any event, the competition is devalued by the presence of the thugs from Derrytresk

Look at why Corduff GFC were kicked out of last year's All Ireland semi-final?

The thugs that were seen in the semi-final this year weren't deemed enough to get the club thrown out of the competition yet Corduff were kicked out for fielding an ineligible player (too young).

Very strange rules and values.

If necessary, the competition could have been prolonged to allow the defeated Munster and Ulster finalists to play off for a place in the final.

In any event, the competition is devalued by the presence of the thugs from Derrytresk

Well as a member of the defeated Munster finalists I agree one million percent lol :D

That picture looks weird.

Yeah, draw the line at people outside the 15s getting involved in physical altercations with players. EZ game.

There were a few officials from Dromid in the middle of the scuffle aswell, granted there was no one jumping out of the stand to get involved, but I love the way a spin has been put on this that somehow Dromid are whiter than white and the big bad nordies were all to blame, Dromid gave as good as they got and from anyone I waqs talking to who was at the game they were actually the dirtier team on the field, the incident that falred the brawl was an example of the aggressive line they took, and I seen it first hand myself in the Munster Final when we played them they are a fine big strong tseam who like to throw their weight around, luckily for them were very well mannered in Tipp and we were saving ourselves for the hurling ;)

looks a fake or a photoshop job to me, I mean where the Dromids guys arm is the other lad should already be on he's arse. And whats with the woman laughing at it :eek:

looks a fake or a photoshop job to me, I mean where the Dromids guys arm is the other lad should already be on he's arse. And whats with the woman laughing at it :eek:

or the two to the right strolling by as if nothing was happening :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

Do you mean because it shows possible evidence of Dromid wrongdoing?

Edited to say - I note the woman in question has a hand-bag. Would it be fair to assume she wasn't laughing within a matter of seconds?

Premierstone, not to argue with you but I was also at the munster final and disagree Dromid were "throwing their weight around". If the Tip champs had remained with 15 men on the field to the end they may well have given Dromid a close run,other than that one isolated incident it was a clean game, though i did think ye were over reliant on the centre forward (big strong guy,Tip hurler?, name escapes me) which came against ye.
    Dromid would be one of the smaller (height wise) teams in kerry, apart from the players through the middle of the team, the rest are small in comparison to most other teams.

Do you mean because it shows possible evidence of Dromid wrongdoing?

No I mean because it shows the most bizarre bodyshape of a man throwing a punch you're ever likely to see, along with a vaudeville style reaction from the player on the receiving end.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

There was little outrage or condemnation about a player with concussion and another with a broken cheekbone in fact was almost totaly overlooked. But there was plenty of outrage about a trial by southern media.
    Now it's all condemnation because of what? The southern media's picture.

No I mean because it shows the most bizarre bodyshape of a man throwing a punch you're ever likely to see, along with a vaudeville style reaction from the player on the receiving end.

You're stating it's fake?

You're stating it's fake?

Yes. Try putting the url into this shopping detector:

http://www.pskiller.com/

Exif data is missing from the picture, which is a telltale sign of PS, and the photo has been saved and resaved.

Just sayin...

Just for giggles, I also ran it through JPEG Snoop (takes two secs if you're interested and is free to download).

I won't upload the entire output because it's all technical stuff and there's loads of it, but as expected, the result is:
    ASSESSMENT: Class 1 - Image is processed/edited

Feel free to give it a spin yourself.

Yes. Try putting the url into this shopping detector:

http://www.pskiller.com/

Exif data is missing from the picture, which is a telltale sign of PS, and the photo has been saved and resaved.

Just sayin...

So you're 'just sayin' that it is fake....................or possibly fake?

My opinion is that it's a duck. Based on the fact that it looks, walks and talks like one.

So yeah, it's fake.

From a visual POV, clean, black lines are a dead giveaway, the "player's" legs have patently been cropped.

Premierstone, not to argue with you but I was also at the munster final and disagree Dromid were "throwing their weight around". If the Tip champs had remained with 15 men on the field to the end they may well have given Dromid a close run,other than that one isolated incident it was a clean game, though i did think ye were over reliant on the centre forward (big strong guy,Tip hurler?, name escapes me) which came against ye.
    Dromid would be one of the smaller (height wise) teams in kerry, apart from the players through the middle of the team, the rest are small in comparison to most other teams.

Maybe I'm been a bit selective with my memory wonga but we certainly hadnt met anyone as physical as that, Darragh Egan is the chaps name that was centre forward.

Darragh Egan, thats it. Good player, well able to move for his build. Was he with the Tip hurlers at some stage?
    The game kind of petered out after Kildangan went down to 14 men, dont think the score reflected the game itself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭duchalla

My opinion is that it's a duck. Based on the fact that it looks, walks and talks like one.

So yeah, it's fake.

This beat all if its true!!! Jaysus Keane, I'd love it if you're right!

Advertisement