Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Junior Club Semi Final

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Dooish

8 got suspended

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Dooish

teamtalkmag.com can tonight confirm that Derrytresk have been dealt a devastating blow ahead of Sunday weeks All Ireland Junior Football Championship final in Croke Park. Four of the starting team and four substitutes have received bans that will see them miss the All Ireland Final on 12th February. In addition to this the club have been fined 5000 euro by the CCCC.
    The word coming from Kerry is that Dromid have had three players suspended, one for 5 months, and have been hit with a 2000 euro fine.
    It goes without saying that the Derrytresk club have begun the process of appealing the bans handed down to them. While it is hoped that the appeal process is successful for the players it doesn’t take away from the fact that it leaves the club and players with huge uncertainty as they attempt to make preparations for the final.
    Everyone at Teamtalkmag.com wish the club every success with the upcoming appeal and hope that those involved in the process will look beyond the media hysteria generated by those who should know better.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

lol, what drooler wrote that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Seamo87

Where did "teamtalkmag.com" receive there journalism degree's?!!!!! :rolleyes:

Could they not try to deal in cold hard facts and evidence instead of relying solely on there own bias. Irish Independent made a big cock up already today, now "teamtalkmag.com" throw out this self fulfilling garbage. I can see it now, T-shirts all round "teamtalkmag.com" offices "JUSTICE FOR DERRYTRISK" ala Liverpool and Sauerez!!!!

Complain about "hysteria in the media", and then they go and publish this stinkingly biased dribble!! haha got love these hypocrites!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭68Murph68

Any word on punishments for people besides players?

Seems to me that the CCCC have been fairly lenient on both sides if those are the only punishments. From the footage I saw and the other reports I expected a far harsher level of punishments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

I take it teamtalkmag is a nordy production?

If any player (from either side) who has been identified via video evidence as striking someone, is left off scot free on appeal here, then we may aswell forget about the GAA's image.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭wonga77

interesting to see who got what. I presumed the subs would take the brunt of the suspensions

On a day when 70?, 80?, 100? people die during a sporting event (ok, it is a different sport, different country and an extreme example!), the GAA should really take a stance on this, big time. Crowd trouble is a problem in the GAA, it needs to be stopped before we end up with more then a concussion (which I might add is something taken seriously outside of the GAA, ie. Rugby and NFL) and a broken jaw.

:eek: I'm being extreme here, but I would have thought that any organisation would make health and safety a top priority, not to mention the image of the organisation. "Expect the unexpected"......"Prepare for worst case scenario". All applicable to the GAA too.

So man up GAA/CCCC!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

wonga77 wrote: »
    interesting to see who got what. I presumed the subs would take the brunt of the suspensions

4 of the starting team gone actually reportedly. Fairly hefty suspensions if they hold up. 5 grand fine aswell, no joke for a club. Dromid have a 2k fine and 4 players suspended apparently. Derrytresk will no doubt appeal (as any club would with a final coming up)..will be a litmus test for GAA authorities.

The other video evidence must be damming, surely they couldnt pick 4 starting players from that clip alone. Its no wonder DT didnt release their video to the media

• Advertisement

The GAA will have to let it stand, if they back down now at an appeal then they would look very silly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Dooish wrote: »
    teamtalkmag.com can tonight confirm that Derrytresk have been dealt a devastating blow ahead of Sunday weeks All Ireland Junior Football Championship final in Croke Park. Four of the starting team and four substitutes have received bans that will see them miss the All Ireland Final on 12th February. In addition to this the club have been fined 5000 euro by the CCCC.
    The word coming from Kerry is that Dromid have had three players suspended, one for 5 months, and have been hit with a 2000 euro fine.
    It goes without saying that the Derrytresk club have begun the process of appealing the bans handed down to them. While it is hoped that the appeal process is successful for the players it doesn’t take away from the fact that it leaves the club and players with huge uncertainty as they attempt to make preparations for the final.
    Everyone at Teamtalkmag.com wish the club every success with the upcoming appeal and hope that those involved in the process will look beyond the media hysteria generated by those who should know better.

I hope that they do appeal and that the punishments are increased. The behaviour of the subs and the supporters (be it 1, 2 or whatever) is an embarassment to all of us trying to promote gaelic games in this country in the face of increasing competition from other sports. The guy in the hoodie that punched the dromid # 9 in the jaw should be identified and reported to the Gardai / PSNI.
    And the bit about liveline is a typical insular reaction, Joe Duffy didnt start the row and didnt twist peoples arms to get them to call in!!
    So please appeal and hopefully the book will be thrown more at them. A

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

fines and suspensions are harsh on Dromid, the other crowd got off lightly.

apparently the handbag lady got 48 weeks ban

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

fines and suspensions are harsh on Dromid, the other crowd got off lightly.

Dont agree, Dromid were far from the innocent victim that some tried to portray them as, watch the video again, they are quite lucky to only have two players suspended.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭duchalla

premierstone, Dromid had 3 players suspended not 2. I agree with homerjay, think Dromid were treated harshly.

I wonder how they come up with the fines? For example DP €2000 and DT €5000, considering the amount of people that came in from the DT sideline i would have thought they would be fines a much larger amount than DP.
    Dromid not appealling the suspensions im told.
    I would disagree with you premierstone, There are not too many more from DP that could be suspended, very few of them got involved at all

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

There's confusion over the number of players Dromid have had suspended as one Dromid player supposedly got multiple bans that are set to run concurrently or something.

For the initial fracas, two Dromid players (4 & 5) should be banned, along with the Derrytresk sideline guy. For the escalation, every last person who jumped the barrier should be banned - some for longer than others obv - along with any management that got involved in anything other than an obviously conciliatory way.

The Derrytresk 18 should also be banned, along with the 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Dont agree, Dromid were far from the innocent victim that some tried to portray them as, watch the video again, they are quite lucky to only have two players suspended.

what the hell are they supposed to do, stand back and be assaulted?

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

Funny, I wouldn't mind guessing that that would be the excuse used by some of the Derrytresk subs for jumping the fence in the first place!

On the basis of what I saw, the number of suspensions for either side seems spot on.

• Advertisement

:) After hearing about what happened in the Siegorson cup game, I can't help but smile and say I TOLD YOU SO!!!! haha

So all those fools who said it was just "sour grapes from Kerry" or muppets like C O Rourke and Eamon Sweeney of Sunday Indo...what say you now? :cool:

This Dromhid/ Derrytrisk thuggery was not an isolated incident. This is rampent now throughout the GAA, and it is not a Northern problem, not caused by "Northerners". It is a GAA issue as a whole, and it is a friggin issue Colm O R!!!

From 1 proud Kerryman!!:D

Were you at the game? Have you even watched the video clip, Dromid played their part in the hole sordid mess and the only diofference between the two was that nobody from Dromid came onto the field from the sideline/stand and that is the only reason there is a difference between the fines and number of suspensions.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭duchalla

Were you at the game? Have you even watched the video clip, Dromid played their part in the hole sordid mess and the only diofference between the two was that nobody from Dromid came onto the field from the sideline/stand and that is the only reason there is a difference between the fines and number of suspensions.

permierstone, theres more to this than the video clip, the 3 rd dromid player suspended was, I presume, for getting a straight red near the end of the game, coz he wasn't involved in the melee.

duchalla wrote: »
    permierstone, theres more to this than the video clip, the 3 rd dromid player suspended was, I presume, for getting a straight red near the end of the game, coz he wasn't involved in the melee.

I'm fully aware of that, I was the one who said they had two players suspended from the melee and was told it was infact three, I was correct it was two from that incident plus the straight red.

There is also a second video of the incident which apparently highlights incidents that cannot be seen from the one we have all seen.

Funny, I wouldn't mind guessing that that would be the excuse used by some of the Derrytresk subs for jumping the fence in the first place!

On the basis of what I saw, the number of suspensions for either side seems spot on.

So you think it would be right for supporters in future to enter the pitch and escalate a scuffle between 2 players. Because that's all it really was. If DT management and supporters don't blow their lode and act on the urge to be thugs......then all it would have been is probably 1 yellow card for a Dromhid player and 1 yellow card for a DT player (3rd player in rule) and that would have been that.

The hooded player who struck the dromid midfielder got a month!!! Weird decision that, he more or less took Dromids best player out of the game and got the minimum suspension. He should be looking at a 48 week ban at least imo

Your completely missing the point!!!

Players beating the heads off eachother is nothing new, it's not ideal, but **** it isn't the worst thing.

Having people from outside the pitch enter it, is a very dangerous avenue to head down....hello do you not watch the news:rolleyes: Game in Egypt ~73 dead, extreme example I know, but if there was a child between those Derrytrisk thugs and the pitch, what do you think would happen, that they'd stop, walk safely around the child, and then continue in pursuit of assaulting someone!!!!:confused:

I've never been searched going into a GAA game....so it just takes 1 nut case to cause serious harm to a player in a situation like that.

wonga77 wrote: »
    The hooded player who struck the dromid midfielder got a month!!! Weird decision that, he more or less took Dromids best player out of the game and got the minimum suspension. He should be looking at a 48 week ban at least imo

****:eek:...........so any Kerry fan could have run onto the pitch during the All-Ireland, knocked Cluxton out of the game and subsequent replay....and Kerry would be All-Ireland winners!!!:)

...................So do people defending Derrytrisk, and other fools like C O Rourke still not see the issue here and what it could lead to???!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

here seamo, your hypothetical situations are ridiculous at best. there was no child between them, there wasnt 74 supporters killed, and no person attacked cluxton. stop going over the top on it, because that is what you are doing, going way over the top going on about stuff that did not and would not happen.

• Advertisement

bruschi wrote: »
    here seamo, your hypothetical situations are ridiculous at best. there was no child between them, there wasnt 74 supporters killed, and no person attacked cluxton. stop going over the top on it, because that is what you are doing, going way over the top going on about stuff that did not and would not happen.

hahaha ahh u tit, ur still missing the point!!! haha action not reaction stupid!! haha What are you stuck on? Some All Ireland junior game?:) Think bigger fool, we're talking about large crowds here, priority should be health and safety of players, officials, supporters and anyone else at the game.

haha It's ok, you just lack foresight..........I'm sure you and others would have said 10 years that there is no need for defibrillators at games.....that concussion was no big deal.......hey why fence off hill 16, insurance! Why insurance?...ah health and safety stupid:cool:

But it's ok, you'll learn!!

Advertisement