Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Junior Club Semi Final

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

there was more than this going on, several other incidents took place on the pitch and i am not too sure all those lads who jumped the fence were fans, they looked like subs/club members to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭paulgalway

there was more than this going on, several other incidents took place on the pitch and i am not too sure all those lads who jumped the fence were fans, they looked like subs/club members to me.

As I stated in an earlier post, I think they were players who are part of the panel but didn't make the squad on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Its not just the conduct of the fans that they should be responsible for, but the conduct of their players and subs.

Also any chance of the club repremanding these identified "fans" is gone out the window with their statement, which basically states, "we won, we're in the final now get over it and let us be, and stop talking about it."

they should be thrown out.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭paulgalway

GAA should tell them to identify the players/fans involved or face the consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭duchalla

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Its not just the conduct of the fans that they should be responsible for, but the conduct of their players and subs.

Also any chance of the club repremanding these identified "fans" is gone out the window with their statement, which basically states, "we won, we're in the final now get over it and let us be, and stop talking about it."

they should be thrown out.

Totally agree with everything you said. But I wouldnt be holding my breath on the powers that be throwing them out. They'll just roll out the old persecution card. But if you live by the sword, you gotta be prepared to die by it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 wanlabanchang

The CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC won't do anything till well after the final anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭zuluboy

Apparently the CCCC have decided to take immediate action!

They have confirmed that it was a Paul Galvin designed handbag that was used in the attack on Declan O'Sullivan.

Paul Galvin has therefore been suspended for 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Lets hope its done and dusted quickly. Whatever the outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=160954
    CCCC to decide brawl clubs' fate today

Derrytresk and Dromid Pearses could find out as early as today what sanctions they face arising from last Sunday's controversial AIB All-Ireland club JFC semi-final in Portlaoise.

The CCCC will meet today to review Leitrim referee Frank Flynn's report as well as two separate videos of the incidents that marred the fixture. CCCC chairman and Tyrone man Seamus Woods will step aside to avoid a conflict of interest since the hearing involves a club from his own county. Vice-chairman Tommy Kilcoyne from Sligo will preside in his absence.

In a statement released by Dromid Pearses yesterday, the Kerry club expressed their outrage at last Sunday's events and stated that they were "united in the knowledge that the CCCC will deal with this and assign punishment to those who instigated events."

Fingers crossed for draconian sanctions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

In a statement released by Dromid Pearses yesterday, the Kerry club expressed their outrage at last Sunday's events and stated that they were "united in the knowledge that the CCCC will deal with this and assign punishment to those who instigated events."

I hope they are including their own players in this, of whom at least 4 deserve bans aswell, if not more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

keane2097 wrote: »
    http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=160954

Fingers crossed for draconian sanctions.

Along the lines of premierstone's question above, I assume you mean for both sides?

Along the lines of premierstone's question above, I assume you mean for both sides?

No, just for the non-Kerry people involved obviously.

No, just for the non-Kerry people involved obviously.

I don't know you, so I won't make any assumptions.

Can I ask, are you the new poster on GAABoard known as 'keane', who has been very vociferous on this issue and has been very critical of anyone attempting to be anything but very serious when discussing this subject?

I don't know you so, I won't make any assumptions.

Can I ask, are you the new poster on GAABoard known as 'keane', who has been very vociferous on this issue and has been very critical of anyone attempting to be anything but very serious when discussing this subject?

Why?

Why?

I see. :rolleyes:

I see. :rolleyes:

tumblr_liv1vvR4Vk1qe110e.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Seamo87

zuluboy wrote: »
    Apparently the CCCC have decided to take immediate action!

They have confirmed that it was a Paul Galvin designed handbag that was used in the attack on Declan O'Sullivan.

Paul Galvin has therefore been suspended for 12 months.

hahaha Much of that could actually be true!!! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭apple26

I know this is kind of off topic but does anyone know if the Junior Club Final on 12th February will be broadcast live on tv

apple26 wrote: »
    I know this is kind of off topic but does anyone know if the Junior Club Final on 12th February will be broadcast live on tv

Nope, the Junior and Intermediate finals are not televised.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭wonga77

Its kind of a pity that they couldnt come to an agreement with tg4 or someone to televise them down through the years. The competition itself has become very popular, maybe theres no demand for it or money to be made

• Advertisement

To be honest, I'd say it costs the GAA money to open Croke Park for these finals. The most you'll see at these matches is around 5,000 people. Croke Park doesnt even get gate reciepts for these, as the clubs are given tickets for the finals for free to distribute their supporters on the day. While its a historic day for the clubs involved, there wouldn't be much interest from the wider population.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 axel the red

There could easily be a Pay Per View audience this year, mind you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

There could easily be a Pay Per View audience this year, mind you :D

Yeah UFC (Ulster Fights Ciarraí) whatever number you want to pick :P

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭citycentre

paulgalway wrote: »
    As I stated in an earlier post, I think they were players who are part of the panel but didn't make the squad on the day.

They were the subs, ridiculously accommodated in the front row of the stand with no separation whatsoever from the crowd. One Derrytresk supporter - the green hoodie idiot, is known to have invaded the pitch, not baying hordes descending from the stands as the media reports and misinformed know-alls would have you believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭citycentre

bruschi wrote: »
    Citycentre is exactly what is wrong blah bah blah...

So not only do the "Derrytresk are evil scum kick them out" side in this have no qualms with being completely selective in their take on the events of last Sunday, but they follow through to doing the same selective "editing" of posts here that dare to question them! Awfully smart but a bit pathetic really (rather like Dromid / Kerrys attempts to have Derrytresk disqualified). Someone must have plenty of time on their hands is all I can say :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

citycentre wrote: »
    So not only do the "Derrytresk are evil scum kick them out" side in this have no qualms with being completely selective in their take on the events of last Sunday, but they follow through to doing the same selective "editing" of posts here that dare to question them! Awfully smart but a bit pathetic really (rather like Dromid / Kerrys attempts to have Derrytresk disqualified). Someone must have plenty of time on their hands is all I can say :p

a good well thought out response, again missing all the points. as I previously said, it would be impossible to actually have any sort of discussion with the likes of you

citycentre wrote: »
    They were the subs, ridiculously accommodated in the front row of the stand with no separation whatsoever from the crowd. One Derrytresk supporter - the green hoodie idiot, is known to have invaded the pitch, not baying hordes descending from the stands as the media reports and misinformed know-alls would have you believe.

and again, not once do you condemn either the players or the one supporter. you really still dont get it do you? still blaming the ground, and still blaming the media. the only comment you can make about it is that the media and 'know alls' have the number of supporters who went on the field wrong. you dont get it that no one should have went on the field.

keep fighting for your innocence tho and keep your head buried in the sand not seeing the bigger picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 TyroneDevlins

Your Full it mate, How dare you refer too people from Tyrone as hatred filled drunks, Lowlife supporters? I have been to nearly all the games between these two great sides over the past decade too and have never experienced any thing like what you have just said. I be in Kerry quite often as i am married to a Kerry woman and yes there is pleanty of banter and slagging but also great respect for Tyrone and like wise for Kerry. What happened last sunday goes on in every county in Ireland includeing your own and should not of happened. You should be careful how you speak about people of your Country.
    Stinicker wrote: »
    I'm from Kerry and I absolutely agree with this. The Tyrone team and the lowlife types they attract as supporters have been involved in far too many incidents over the previous few years.

I have been at almost every match between our two sides over the past decade and there are always incidents. There supporters are drunken hooligans of the lowest type. People here like to complain about Dublin supporters and schmozzles between Cork and Kerry lads but nothing compares to the sheer violence and absolute hatred from Tyrone. I would not take a child to any match involving Tyrone as they are no different to soccer hooligans.

It is a county wide issue up there and rather than tackling violence the GAA up there actively promote it to intimidate the other team out of their way. I hope the GAA bans Derrytresk from the competition and gives the Galway team a walkover and award them the championship.

Will there be anything done about? Like hell there will but I can guarantee if it was a Cork, Dublin or Kerry club involved in such violence then the CCCC would be down them like a tonne of bricks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 TyroneDevlins

Your Full it mate, How dare you refer too people from Tyrone as hatred filled drunks, Lowlife supporters? I have been to nearly all the games between these two great sides over the past decade too and have never experienced any thing like what you have just said. I be in Kerry quite often as i am married to a Kerry woman and yes there is pleanty of banter and slagging but also great respect for Tyrone and like wise for Kerry. What happened last sunday goes on in every county in Ireland includeing your own and should not of happened. You should be careful how you speak about people of your Country.
    Stinicker wrote: »
    I'm from Kerry and I absolutely agree with this. The Tyrone team and the lowlife types they attract as supporters have been involved in far too many incidents over the previous few years.

I have been at almost every match between our two sides over the past decade and there are always incidents. There supporters are drunken hooligans of the lowest type. People here like to complain about Dublin supporters and schmozzles between Cork and Kerry lads but nothing compares to the sheer violence and absolute hatred from Tyrone. I would not take a child to any match involving Tyrone as they are no different to soccer hooligans.

It is a county wide issue up there and rather than tackling violence the GAA up there actively promote it to intimidate the other team out of their way. I hope the GAA bans Derrytresk from the competition and gives the Galway team a walkover and award them the championship.

Will there be anything done about? Like hell there will but I can guarantee if it was a Cork, Dublin or Kerry club involved in such violence then the CCCC would be down them like a tonne of bricks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Well said TyroneDevlins. As a Cork fan myself and my father mixed with the Tyrone support in August 2009 before the All Ireland semi and we can only say great things about the Tyrone supporters,great craic and very sporting people. As for Stinicker the vast majority of posters on this thread know of his bigoted posts and wouldn't be bothered wasting time debating with him.

On another note I was listening to Cork radio station RED FM this evening who had an interview with Radio Kerry commentator Weeshie Fogarty. Now I'm no great fan of this radio station for their hugely biased reporting but Weeshie is totally unbiased and the only commentator on this station with a neutral and fair outlook on every game. He gave an account of been assaulted on the field of play while refereeing in Kerry and said that these problems exist in Kerry and every other county. He went on to state that there should be suspensions and heavy fines for BOTH TEAMS and the GAA to look into this incident for future analysis. Fair play to Weeshie,not afraid to shy away from problems of GAA violence in his own county.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭wonga77

Any word on the derrytresk punishment? Dromid had 2 players suspended and a club fine im told

Advertisement