Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Junior Club Semi Final

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

duchalla wrote: »
    This beat all if its true!!! Jaysus Keane, I'd love it if you're right!

I'd put my right nut on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

I'd be surprised that the Irish Times would publish a picture without checking it first.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

wonga77 wrote: »
    Darragh Egan, thats it. Good player, well able to move for his build. Was he with the Tip hurlers at some stage?
    The game kind of petered out after Kildangan went down to 14 men, dont think the score reflected the game itself

Yeah he was on the Irish international rules series u-17 for two years and was captain he's second year.

Im suprised enough John Evans hasnt called him in now that Declan Ryan has let him go from the hurlers.

He was indeed on the Tipp senior panel for a number of years and was a sub in 2010 when we won the AI, a fine player great hands but probably not got the feet for the very top intercounty scene, he got player of the tournament this year in the Kilmacud sevens aswell, which we won :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

fistgate.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

keane2097 wrote: »
    My opinion is that it's a duck. Based on the fact that it looks, walks and talks like one.

So yeah, it's fake.

jaysus, it cant be fake? ffs, that would be epic if it was....

all sorts of s*it will happen if thats the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭wonga77

The more I think about it, surely not??? Theres no way the club would be stupid enough to alter a photo and give it to a national paper. Also surely the Times would have detected if it was a fake?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭citycentre

Claiming its a fake? Jesus wept, pathetic stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

if declan sullivan is left handed, wouldnt he be more likely to swing with his right hand?

and where are the other pics, before and after the alleged brawl? this man seems to be a regular camera man, so surely he took a series of pics, rather than a once off image..strange they aint been shown yet.

there defo is a rat afoot here somewhere, even if the pic is real.

Declan is a left footer but a right hander im 99% sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

I've a feeling we haven't heard the last of this infamous semi final match!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

Is it just me or soes it look like Declan O'Sullivan's shoulder is missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

lala88 wrote: »
    Is it just me or soes it look like Declan O'Sullivan's shoulder is missing?
    Not shoulder but elbow. The position of his arm seems anatomically impossible.

Its an extremely dodgy looking photo.

Timing is also suspect, turning the focus awaw from the Derrytresk players in the last few days leading up to the final.

Can't convict on a photo anyway, for all we know the two could be dancing with each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

dartbhoy wrote: »
    I've a feeling we haven't heard the last of this infamous semi final match!

You were quite right!

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/dromid-receive-threeyear-ban-3024549.html

The Indo has reported today that Dromid have received a 3 year ban from all Provincial and All Ireland competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

bit unfair with the 3yr ban did derrytresk not get a ban aswell?. well the better team went on to win it in the end.

villains77 wrote: »
    bit unfair with the 3yr ban did derrytresk not get a ban aswell?

Derrytresk got a five year ban.
    villains77 wrote: »
    well the better team went on to win it in the end.

Do you mean the semi-final, or the overall competition itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

It's rather ironic with all the moaning Dromid done and their calls for the CCCC to investigate the game they end up with a 3 year ban from Munster and All Ireland competitions!

It was always likely, chc had to be seen to be dealing with both sides. For what its worth, i think the 3 and 5 year bans are crazy for both sides. 1 year would be harsh enough, Its not going to work as a deterrent anyway

It was always likely, chc had to be seen to be dealing with both sides. For what its worth, i think the 3 and 5 year bans are crazy for both sides. 1 year would be harsh enough, Its not going to work as a deterrent anyway

I get a sense that there appears to be a determination to try and stamp out breaches of discipline, with some very harsh, and indeed varied, penalties.

However I do not see any structure to what is happening - it is nearly as if decisions are being made off the cuff, and this is where I see problems ahead. There is and will be a lack of consistency that will be their (the authorities') undoing as we move towards the Summer.

If the will is there to stamp out errant behaviour, then I personally have no problem, as long as it is consistent. However to achieve this I suspect that the rules / laws /procedures around discipline will need to be tightened.

I get a sense that there appears to be a determination to try and stamp out breaches of discipline, with some very harsh, and indeed varied, penalties.

However I do not see any structure to what is happening - it is nearly as if decisions are being made off the cuff, and this is where I see problems ahead. There is and will be a lack of consistency that will be their (the authorities') undoing as we move towards the Summer.

If the will is there to stamp out errant behaviour, then I personally have no problem, as long as it is consistent. However to achieve this I suspect that the rules / laws /procedures around discipline will need to be tightened.

I 100% agree, there is simply no way that consistancy can be applied in every case and its just going to lead to problems

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

Treble20 wrote: »
    It's rather ironic with all the moaning Dromid done and their calls for the CCCC to investigate the game they end up with a 3 year ban from Munster and All Ireland competitions!

Dromid did all the moaning alright.........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

The bans are infact pretty meaningless, from what I know of the Intermediate championships in both counties, limited and am open to correction, they are both very very competitive and the chances of either Dromid or Derrytresk winning their respective county titles in those periods is slim to none.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭I dont know

The bans are infact pretty meaningless, from what I know of the Intermediate championships in both counties, limited and am open to correction, they are both very very competitive and the chances of either Dromid or Derrytresk winning their respective county titles in those periods is slim to none.

Killyman (a smaller club than Derrytresk, who can't field at under-age) recently won the Tyrone Junior & Intermediate Championships (having been whipped all year in the league) so it can happen, unlikely and all as it is!

Yeah id agree to an extent, i cant speak for the tyrone intermediate but the kerry intermediate has dropped a little in the last few years. That sounds a bit silly i know considering M/C just won the all ireland a few weeks ago but its not beyond the bounds of possibility that either could win it out. In fact the draw is very open this year with some of the bigger names drawn against each other
    As far as I know the club are affected in other ways such as scor also so it seems a bit unfair to punish some of these people

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

Treble20 wrote: »

and donal o sullivan gets a 3 month ban , denis o sullivan an eight week ban colm o conner a four week ban !!!! that is shocking for an innocent club and players who were brutaly attacked on the day :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭duchalla

afro man wrote: »
    and donal o sullivan gets a 3 month ban , denis o sullivan an eight week ban colm o conner a four week ban !!!! that is shocking for an innocent club and players who were brutaly attacked on the day :D:D

Whats so funny about that? Stupid post...

duchalla wrote: »
    Whats so funny about that? Stupid post...

duchalla , i was being sarcastic and will explain it to you the poor innocent kerry lads were attacked and abused .. but yet they got all those bans as well ( so they were not that innocent then ) hope it makes sense now :p

duchalla , i was being sarcastic and will explain it to you the poor innocent kerry lads were attacked and abused .. but yet they got all those bans as well ( so they were not that innocent then ) hope it makes sense now :p
    Yeah, like he said, not funny and a stupid post. Ignorant as well.

Hope it makes sense now.

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Yeah, like he said, not funny and a stupid post. Ignorant as well.

Hope it makes sense now.

jesus your easily offended ... just that when incident happened the papers and tv went into overdrive on how one team were totally to blame and all we heard was one team's version of how their players were attacked by opostion players & subsitutes so after recent bans it seems both teams were just as guilty on this day.. hope this help you understand DDC1990 .

• Advertisement

jesus your easily offended ... just that when incident happened the papers and tv went into overdrive on how one team were totally to blame and all we heard was one team's version of how their players were attacked by opostion players & subsitutes so after recent bans it seems both teams were just as guilty on this day.. hope this help you understand DDC1990 .
    5 years=/= 3 Years

9 Bans =/= 3 Bans

Ergo, both teams were not as guilty as each other.

No one claimed Dromid were blameless, anytime there is a brawl like that both teams have to be at blame. It was the Derrytresk attitude in the aftermath of "So what we're in an All Ireland Final, get over it!" That pissed me and probably a lot of others. There is blame for both sides, but Derrytesks players were certainly more at fault for jumping over the wall as well as throwning the worst of the hits.

Advertisement