Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Those little tips and tricks that make life that little bit easier.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Go to the lifehacking forum.

/thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

if you notice someone choking on a piece of ice, simply pour a kettle of boiling water down their throat to clear the blockage.

I'm looking forward to trying that.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

fool houseguests into thinking your nails grow extramly fast by cutting up a pingpong ball into tiny strips and leaving a small pile of them in the bathroom every morning:cool:

Always have an extra stash of cigarette papers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭EASYNEWS

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Put a box of tea bags into your hot water tank. You'll have instant tea on tap for a month

LOL:):):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

grindr

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Don't have a ciggie dangling from your mouth while you're refilling your lighter.
    (learned this in my smoking days. No eyebrows for a while)

If someone rubs chewing gum in your hair, peanut butter will loosen it.
    Or scissors.:D
    To stab them with.

If you spill something on your white clothes, circle the stain in permanent pen, so that when you remove the garment from the washing machine you can easily locate the area of the stain and check that it has gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,388 ✭✭✭cml387

If you are having a party in your house,make everyone swallow a numbered counter and note their name on a list.

Then if someone is sick,you'll know who's responsible.

On a related note, men should always keep a copy of the "Mama Mia" dvd in their bathroom should an emetic be required in an emergency.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

If you keep hitting the snooze button, put the alram clock far away from you when you go to bed, that way you will HAVE to get up to turn it off

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

woodoo wrote: »

Before work if you live in a safe place go out and start your car engine and turn the heat up full then go back in and eat your breakfast. You will then get in to a nice warm car for the drive to work during winter.
    use the spare key to lock the car so you don't have to worry about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭idunnoshur

When you set your alarm for the morning put it in a place where you'll have to get out of bed to turn it off and if you're on the piss th e night before set at least 2.

This always helps me get up on time

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭celj

If you keep hitting the snooze button, put the alram clock far away from you when you go to bed, that way you will HAVE to get up to turn it off

I ALWAYS do this!
    I'd keep hitting it till midday!:pac:

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away. Downstairs preferably.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Johro wrote: »
    Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away. Downstairs preferably.
    DONT put it too far away. You won't hear the phone when workmates are ringing you to check why you aren't in work yet.

Source: Been there; done that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

People whose surname is Toblerone should always take along an empty 'Toblerone' chocolate box when attending interviews for office jobs. This would save your potential employer the expense of having to make a name plaque for your desk, and therefore increase your chances of getting the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Why bother wasting your hard earned cash on crackers? just eat last weeks bread.

Don't bother with get happy schemes, just give up and hate everything.

Never punch a traveller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Dont sale too close to the island of giglio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Buy 2 sausage rolls and a plain buttered roll, then put the sausage rolls in the roll. Its usually cheaper than buying sausages in a roll....

If you're going out bantering on a wet day and dont want your feet to get wet place 2 sandwhich bags over your socks, then put on your shoes.

Bring some tissue to bed with you and store it under your pillow, so when you wake up in the morning you can fap without having to leave the bed to fetch tissue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Bring some tissue to bed with you and store it under your pillow, so when you wake up in the morning you can fap without having to leave the bed to fetch tissue.

or just keep a pack of tissues beside your bed all the time.

or just keep a pack of tissues beside your bed all the time.

Same concept I guess. That one might make mammy suspicious though :eek:

Same concept I guess. That one might make mammy suspicious though :eek:

:D yeah it probably would. luckily for me I don't have anyone coming into my room like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

:D yeah it probably would. luckily for me I don't have anyone coming into my room like that.
    yes they are just cuming into tissue apparantly

cloptrop wrote: »
    yes they are just cuming into tissue apparantly

which would be in the room...

The whole mammy thing was a joke by the way. Im not that under pressure to hide stuff from my mother, I dont really care.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

woodoo wrote: »
    Anything you can do the night before work do it. Ironing, making your lunch etc. Makes getting up in the morning easier.

Before work if you live in a safe place go out and start your car engine and turn the heat up full then go back in and eat your breakfast. You will then get in to a nice warm car for the drive to work during winter.

Straighten all clothes when they come out of the washing machine or tumble dryer. Saves time on the misery of ironing.

What is this "work" you speak of??

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

The whole mammy thing was a joke by the way. Im not that under pressure to hide stuff from my mother, I dont really care.

Ah sure, no doubt she knows you're a filthy deviant anyway :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

DON'T waste money on expensive ipods. Simply think of your favourite tune and hum it. If you want to "switch tracks", simply think of another song you like and hum that instead.

if you smell gas Locate the suspected leak by striking an ordinary match in every room in the house until a loud explosion reveals the source of the escaping gas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Sit backwards on the toilet, the cistern is a fantastic place to rest your laptop while pooping.

You're welcome.

Advertisement