Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam saves your ass (no Roundabout stuff please :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭fishfoodie

sogood wrote: »
    I heard the sirens, saw the ambulance coming up on my outside, so I hung back, just in case he was turning left at the junction ahead. He went straight on and I stopped at the red light. All good so far, and then someone in a bit of a hurry decided red lights didn't apply to them.

Yes, maybe the driver was connected somehow with the ambulance and it's occupant, but still..................

http://youtu.be/75NWd53V3P4

Knowing that junction well ... two chances !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

http://www.selectshopping.ie/i-A324/?&cat=OUTDOOR&header=Outdoor%20Pursuits&sel=6

Anyone own one of those lads? Any use? Only 720p but IR would be useful for night driving.

Would the G1W be a better bet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

CiniO wrote: »
    Did you ever drive in Poland?

Yeah, red light runners are almost non-existent. Surprisingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

The usual undertaking on the M1. While the M1 is prone to the lane hoggers there's some aggressive undertaking here by 2 cars. The white taxi in particular was really aggressive for the previous few miles and had made up about 3 cars length after some crazy manoeuvres.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Dingatron wrote: »
    The usual undertaking on the M1. While the M1 is prone to the lane hoggers there's some aggressive undertaking here by 2 cars. The white taxi in particular was really aggressive for the previous few miles and had made up about 3 cars length after some crazy manoeuvres.

What the f*** are you at. Indicating,overtaking,pulling back in, being all proper. How are we meant to blame you if you do it all right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭oak5548

sogood wrote: »
    I heard the sirens, saw the ambulance coming up on my outside, so I hung back, just in case he was turning left at the junction ahead. He went straight on and I stopped at the red light. All good so far, and then someone in a bit of a hurry decided red lights didn't apply to them.

Yes, maybe the driver was connected somehow with the ambulance and it's occupant, but still..................

http://youtu.be/75NWd53V3P4

I'd say its because its a family member of the person in the back, but what can ya do? I'd say its common enough,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

oak5548 wrote: »
    I'd say its because its a family member of the person in the back, but what can ya do? I'd say its common enough,

. . . or a no win no fee solicitor ? ;)

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

bought a dash cam lately.
    brilliant.
    how i lived without it i'll never know.
    comes on when i turn the key, goes off 30 seconds after engine off.
    picture is excellent. did take a bit of use to with it on in the dark, right there in the corner of my left eye, but no prob now.

and i dont even speed. always drive just below limit/ feel happier that way, and still get where i'm going.
    happy days,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Dingatron wrote: »

The driver of that silver Jeep is exactly why people undertake.
    Just tipping along in the fast lane instead of sticking to the appropriate left lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

bear1 wrote: »
    The driver of that silver Jeep is exactly why people undertake.
    Just tipping along in the fast lane instead of sticking to the appropriate left lane.

Epic fail there my friend. If you want to call someone out for lane misuse, at least term the lane correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭deandean

Yeaa, way to join the M11:
    First, stop at the start of the on-ramp.
    Wait for a gap in traffic.
    Drive over the chevrons, right into the outside lane.
    Remain in outside lane at about 80km/h, she caused a major choke of traffic in both lanes behind her.
    Dangerous driving.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

deandean wrote: »
    Remain in outside lane at about 80km/h, she caused a major choke of traffic in both lanes behind her.
    Dangerous driving.

I was half waiting for somehow to slam into them!
    Looks like they panicked when you drove up behind, they clearly haven't a clue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭oak5548

Dumb bint. Hope you absolutely blew her out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

...a 12 year old would have more common sense....

...really? :O

ironclaw wrote: »
    Epic fail there my friend. If you want to call someone out for lane misuse, at least term the lane correctly.

You are being pedantic. It's also hardly an epic fail now.
    The over taking lane, the lane where people travel faster than those in the left lane. Whatever you wish to call it that Jeep should not have stuck to it.

oak5548 wrote: »
    Dumb bint. Hope you absolutely blew her out of it.
    Cripes, no. I reckon in a situation like that, blowing the horn could cause an even more irrational reaction.
    I got up to speed in the on-ramp, safest place to be was ahead in that situation, what with the rolling road-block behind me.

Dangerous driving.

Used work very close to there. I'd say 1 in 10 cars do it. No idea why, literally cannot fathom it but they do. You'd regularly see 5 or 6 cars in the queue, and they'd all do it. As if waiting for a gap on one of the busiest roads in the country is the correct thing to do :confused:

Was so bad I often thought about setting up a GoPro or something on a Sunday. Would make for good viewing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Cripes, no. I reckon in a situation like that, blowing the horn could cause an even more irrational reaction.
    I got up to speed in the on-ramp, safest place to be was ahead in that situation, what with the rolling road-block behind me.

The hell with that:

They fill their trousers and never drive again. The rest of are a bit safer and you will have done the world a favour.

The hell with that:
    They fill their trousers and never drive again. The rest of are a bit safer and you will have done the world a favour.
    Hmmm....not so sure :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Well, he will certainly look twice in future. A valuable, if expensive, learning experience.
    You could argue he wouldn't have crashed had the other guy not beeped the horn, but he would have kept pulling out on people and at some stage definitely caused a crash. In the long run this is better for everyone.
    Some guy once pulled out in front of me without looking. I had no chance and ran into him. Since then I have zero sympathy on people who don't look before pulling out, certainly old farmers, who do it for sport and to annoy people and then trundle along at 30 km/h. For some reason they can always find the gas pedal when you overtake them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Used work very close to there. I'd say 1 in 10 cars do it. No idea why, literally cannot fathom it but they do. You'd regularly see 5 or 6 cars in the queue, and they'd all do it. As if waiting for a gap on one of the busiest roads in the country is the correct thing to do :confused:

Was so bad I often thought about setting up a GoPro or something on a Sunday. Would make for good viewing.
    I know that junction very well too. I seem to remember at one stage the road markings were different there, and they had a line drawn across the road by the yield signs, or even possibly a stop sign, can you remember that or am I imagining things?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Alun wrote: »
    I know that junction very well too. I seem to remember at one stage the road markings were different there, and they had a line drawn across the road by the yield signs, or even possibly a stop sign, can you remember that or am I imagining things?

http://goo.gl/maps/NSvzv

bit of a strangely placed stop sign, it looks to be to allow church folk to enter/exit as opposed to be anything to do with cars joining the N11?

cormie wrote: »

bit of a strangely placed stop sign, it looks to be to allow church folk to enter/exit as opposed to be anything to do with cars joining the N11?

Completely wrong side of the road cormie and wrong direction. That junction is also a massive problem as you have traffic trying to merge from the few business's there just a little further back, and you have traffic trying to merge to take the Herbert Road all whilst traffic is trying to go from the Herbert Road to the N11. Bad planning at best.

The Enniskerry to N11 junction, from my recollection, has always been a normal slip road with the standard yield sign. A 'Stop' wouldn't make any sense at all in this scenario. Could also do with being a continuous slip to Fassaroe as currently if you have to pull out on to the N11 (As there is about 200m of a hard shoulder) and then pull back onto another slip road to go to Fassaroe.

On the topic of AirHorns:

The Enniskerry to N11 junction, from my recollection, has always been a normal slip road with the standard yield sign. A 'Stop' wouldn't make any sense at all in this scenario. Could also do with being a continuous slip to Fassaroe as currently if you have to pull out on to the N11 (As there is about 200m of a hard shoulder) and then pull back onto another slip road to go to Fassaroe.
    Yes, I may be wrong about the stop sign, but I'm pretty sure there were some additional road markings, like a solid line painted across the road at the yield signs which may have confused some people.

Agree about the continuous slip too, it's far from ideal, especially when it's busy.

cormie wrote: »

One problem there is people planning to take the next exit along (Bray South) and mistakenly taking the Herbert Road exit, realising their mistake, and then just cutting across the cross hatching, so it's always an idea to slow right down to a crawl and take a look to the right anyway, but no need to stop completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Wow, don't know how I got mixed up there, musn't have been paying attention when I watched the vidjo first :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Subaru Russia made a Russian dash cam parody advert.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Mick55

Does this piss anyone else off? This group are are out regularly with their kids group running on the roads. Don't get me wrong great initiative getting kids off the couch and out exercising/ socializing but surely public roads are not the place. This is a ring road of Dunboyne, not hugely busy but cars do move quick enough on it. All it takes is for someone to have a blow out/ loose control/ not be paying attention. The woman jogging with the pram baffles me, I'd never put my children in that danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Don't see what they're doing wrong to be honest. They're on the correct side of the road wearing visi-vests and running in the hard shoulder (which looks to be really wide)

• Advertisement

If it was a motorway/dual carriageway I would agree with you OP but it's a normal road which doesn't look busy. They are wearing Hi-vis jackets, are within the hard shoulder and further more they are walking against the flow of traffic which means they always see the cars coming.
    Perfectly ok for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement