Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Xperia S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

flazio wrote: »
    I'm 3 months into a 24 month contract and don't want to run the risk of tweaking with my phone unofficially.

If anything were to go wrong you can just use the repair function to flash back. Sony dont have a problem with honoring warranties in these cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Reply I got from Sony.
    software updates are released at different times depending on operator and country so it is possible that this can be delayed due to network branding.
    I wonder if the phones that Vodafone are selling properly, Xperia P and U, have ICS yet because if not, I reckon it'll be rolled out along all three of them at the same time.

Old latests was .A.0.452 but thats just been replaced by .A.2.45 Hopefully its a biggun.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 sonic.boom

ED E wrote: »
    Old latests was .A.0.452 but thats just been replaced by .A.2.45 Hopefully its a biggun.

flashed yesterday, so far so good, seems to be smother , faster etc i will test battery life today ...

SONY XPERIA S TELESCOPE ADAPTER (YouTube)
    OTG MODE AND CHARGING AT THE SAME TIME (YouTube)
    SONY ERICSSON XPERIA PLAY VS SONY XPERIA S AUDIO QUALITY PLAYBACK (YouTube)

>>>>>>>>https://sites.google.com/site/sonicboomworld/"<<<<<<<<

Radio bug reportedly fixed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Radio bug reportedly fixed :)

is the update available via PC companion or only if you've flashed ICS yourself?

batistuta9 wrote: »
    is the update available via PC companion or only if you've flashed ICS yourself?

Should be out to all, but some networks are slower than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Still not showing via PC companion for me (on Meteor but Sim free) but when I do get it I really hope it fixes a lot of the issues I am having with this phone

It really is getting on my nerves now. If I do install this would people recommend doing a fresh install as in a Factory data reset?

At the moment I am getting really bad lag, wifi and 3G drops out, random reboots and just really annoying stuff like screen freezing and having to do hard resets.

If this update wont fix this stuff I really think I will have to get rid of the phone. I love the phone design but it is no way as smooth an experience that it should be

With those problems, definitely wipe and dont use a backup as you could just dump back bad settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Just got the phone today, signed up to a contract with o2. For some reason though I can't connect to my wifi. I can see my connection, have entered in the password yet nothing. Used up a **** load of data today alone just for downloading apps and stuff, really annoying. Anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it? I'm not much of a techy so haven't really found anything worthwhile through google etc.

Also what's a good app to limit data use when not using the phone and the likes?

Cheers,
    Oisín

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Oisinjm wrote: »
    Just got the phone today, signed up to a contract with o2. For some reason though I can't connect to my wifi. I can see my connection, have entered in the password yet nothing. Used up a **** load of data today alone just for downloading apps and stuff, really annoying. Anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it? I'm not much of a techy so haven't really found anything worthwhile through google etc.

Also what's a good app to limit data use when not using the phone and the likes?

Cheers,
    Oisín

Any time I saw that, disabling WiFi and enabling again fixed it, otherwise check what channel your WiFi is on and reduce it to lower channel if it is over 10.

There is an app, 3g watchdog which you'll find useful

Oisinjm wrote: »

Cheers,
    Oisín

Check you arent using a weird encryption system or something. Switch to WPA2-PSK if you arent already on it.

The S supports 2.4 and 5Ghz and should do all channels, so its probably a small issue with your router. I've never had an issue. If it persists, get them to swap the handset.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭killabban182

Have the phone about 2 months now like it a lot, but noticed lately finding it very hard to get a good network signal, I have been on to my provider and they have given me a new sim card but so far it does not seem to make any difference, did anyone have any problems with the phones antenna or getting a signal?

Have the phone about 2 months now like it a lot, but noticed lately finding it very hard to get a good network signal, I have been on to my provider and they have given me a new sim card but so far it does not seem to make any difference, did anyone have any problems with the phones antenna or getting a signal?

What network provider? Let me guess THREE?

sonic.boom wrote: »

No Meteor

No Meteor

You surprised me actually because I am with meteor for over 5 months, and never had a problem with signal. I am pretty impressed with metor since I transferred my number from O2.

Where do you living? Maybe coverage?

I know that my friends have a very bad reception with THREE they all using GALAXY SIII

No Meteor

You surprised me actually because I am with meteor for over 5 months, and never had a problem with signal. I am pretty impressed with metor since I transferred my number from O2.

Where do you living? Maybe coverage?

I know that my friends have a very bad reception with THREE they all using GALAXY SIII

Don't think its coverage as I had an Arc S previous to this and it was never an issue, maybe I'm just unlucky with the phone and I may have to send it away to get checked out further.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

What custom roms/flashs are people using for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

How does the Xperia compare to the galaxy s3? I had a quick go in a Sony store and the screen really jumped out at me (seemed to be really sharp). I'm looking at moving over to android and have never used the OS before. Is the Xperia a top of the line handset?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭passarellaie

shuffles03 wrote: »
    How does the Xperia compare to the galaxy s3? I had a quick go in a Sony store and the screen really jumped out at me (seemed to be really sharp). I'm looking at moving over to android and have never used the OS before. Is the Xperia a top of the line handset?

You should wait for the new xperia t which will be in Ireland soon.This has some big improvements on the s.Xperia is a whole range of Sony mobiles with the S and soon the T as its top of the range

• Advertisement

shuffles03 wrote: »

Its decent, and cheaper then an S3, thinkif i had to choose again id go for an S3 though.

That said if finally taken the custom rom route so miht see improvement now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

Xperia t will be available next week. It replaces the s.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Larsso30

any one update their phone recently, its an newer update that came after ICS.

My camera has now a problem where it wont focus, every picture is now all of a sudden unfocused and blurry?

Anyone any similar problems or know of something i may of done to my camera. refuses to focus even when i try focus it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Just picked up the Xperia S today after my HTC Desire S developed some problems. No major problems so far, except for setting up the phone with Sony's Connection Manager - I was looking to transfer contacts from my old HTC. Fingers crossed my new toy doesn't develop the yellow tint.

Does anyone know how to set up the Playstation Store? I read a few posts online talking about how the store has been enabled for the Xperia S after the phone was initially sold without it. I don't see any sign of the store on the Play Market.

Notorious wrote: »
    Just picked up the Xperia S today after my HTC Desire S developed some problems. No major problems so far, except for setting up the phone with Sony's Connection Manager - I was looking to transfer contacts from my old HTC. Fingers crossed my new toy doesn't develop the yellow tint.

Does anyone know how to set up the Playstation Store? I read a few posts online talking about how the store has been enabled for the Xperia S after the phone was initially sold without it. I don't see any sign of the store on the Play Market.

Move your contacts with your google account?

Whats the build code on the back of your handset?

Never bothered with the Playstation store myself, just used FPSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Move your contacts with your google account?

Whats the build code on the back of your handset?

Never bothered with the Playstation store myself, just used FPSE.

I used the Google account in the end, but all my contacts were listed 4 times each. I've still to clean that up.

The build code is 12W20, I think?

Cheers ED E, I'll look into FPSE.

Notorious wrote: »
    I used the Google account in the end, but all my contacts were listed 4 times each. I've still to clean that up.

The build code is 12W20, I think?

Yeah, when you ad contacts ad them as a Google contact, not a "phone contact" and I think that shouldnt happen as the fields will match up.

I'm a 12W10 and got it, latest I heard IIRC is 12W16, also, the code after is important too, AAAX or AAXX got it, but if the first or second characters are not A then its clean. This is all from memory though.

Trying the Dualcore Rom at the moment, looks good, not 100% on battery so far though

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Trying the Dualcore Rom at the moment, looks good, not 100% on battery so far though

When I can get mine sim unlocked I'm going to need to get a new CPU govenor so that gaming doesnt run both cores on 1.5Ghz constantly for the duration of the game, nuking the batt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

billbond4 wrote: »
    Xperia t will be available next week. It replaces the s.
    O2 have it in stock but nobody else has it yet, all promising the next few weeks

Advertisement